DarthVarkor

Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

Here we go...

I'm cautiously optimistic after TLJ, but after seeing this teaser and hearing some of what we can expect at the Celebration panel, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit excited. Not sure on the title, though.

• Like 2

After the last two massive disappointments, I was not excited to see this at all. Of course, I still planned to watch it. Using RLM's analogy, it was like an autopsy - I know it's already dead but we gotta see what killed it.

That sentiment didn't change when I watched this trailer either.

...until the end.

Now, I am VERY interested to see what they've done!

I don't think I can even bring myself to watch the trailer... I was so disappointed by the previous movie, and have such a distate for Rey, the character, that it is a complete turn off to see her with a lightsaber. Not to hijack this thread to talk about previous movies, but just to explain my lack of interest in the trailer and the movie. 

• Like 6

Just watched the teaser trailer.  I'm not feeling it.  However, my wife will drag me to this movie so I'll wait to drop comments until after I see the full movie in December.  I'll skip the rest of the trailers and this thread until then.  

I'll just put a request out now that that folks to please contain their spoiler talk and theories to only this thread so those that wish to be unexposed can do so successfully.

• Like 1

I was at the celebration panel today. Honestly, I'm quite the optimist when it comes to star wars, and my jaw about hit the floor when i heard the cackle.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RouTien said:

Is that a certain emperor cackle ?

Yes, JJ confirmed his involvement in Ep9 after the teaser reveal. 

8 hours ago, RouTien said:

Is that a certain emperor cackle ?

Plus Ian McDiarmid came out on stage right after the trailer was premiered and gave his most evil smile. It was epic.

• Like 1

We all know no matter how much we hated the previous installments we'll still force ourselves to watch this movie in December, one way or the other :P

I'm a little bit optimistic about the film after how much TLJ was slated, they can't make the entire trilogy bad. I'm hoping it's like the prequels where EP III was pretty good. 

I don't get the same need to watch it as the other films though, my enthusiasm has died for Disney's involvement. 

Considering that nothing prevents Sith Ghosts from emerging (since disney erased that element of canon) , he may not actually be back, but have some sort of Sith Holocron. I doubt they'd go the route of SWBF2 EA though. S

I am not afraid to admit when I was wrong or being an idiot.

I was wrong. I was an idiot...

I thought they could do no worse than TLJ. So foolish of me. They sure showed me up with this teaser. This is going to be something else. Good thing all care got sucked out of me already.

and retconning bunch of shit so the movies make a coherent trilogy

Do tell me how story #1, recton #1, retcon #2 is in any instance "coherent"?

We all know no matter how much we hated the previous installments we'll still force ourselves to watch this movie in December, one way or the other :P

Me? I'll be waiting for the MauLer cut. Let's atleast be a little entertained watching our favorite franchise burn down in flames.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Hassat Hunter said:

I am not afraid to admit when I was wrong or being an idiot.

I was wrong. I was an idiot...

I thought they could do no worse than TLJ. So foolish of me. They sure showed me up with this teaser. This is going to be something else. Good thing all care got sucked out of me already.

Me? I'll be waiting for the MauLer cut. Let's atleast be a little entertained watching our favorite franchise burn down in flames.

The cynicism sounds like Luke from TLJ talking here 😆

I'm enjoying the ride for the most part. To each their own!

• Like 1
  • Light Side Points 1

"The cynicism sounds like Luke from TLJ talking here 😆"

I expect you all to stop me when I think about killing off my nephews, okay?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/14/2019 at 10:17 PM, Hassat Hunter said:

I went on about this in several threads, I can't be arsed repeating myself for n+1th time.

17 hours ago, Hassat Hunter said:

"The cynicism sounds like Luke from TLJ talking here 😆"

I expect you all to stop me when I think about killing off my nephews, okay?

Assuming you stop yourself before you kill your dad for talking crap about your sister!

• Like 2

I see that even not liking some people will still watch this.

Guys... If if everybody pays to see this movie, how do you expect Disney to understand that this is bad?

I actually have a preposition: lets boycott this movie.

17 hours ago, Oaks said:

I actually have a preposition

I've got one too: beside

In addition to that, I've got an even crazier proposition - what if people actually enjoy the movies and want to see the next one? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 134340Goat said:

I've got one too: beside

In addition to that, I've got an even crazier proposition - what if people actually enjoy the movies and want to see the next one? 

That is also cool.

My preposition is that people that dislike those new movies to show not watching. But if you like, then go see. Simple as that.

I watched the teaser again. Bah... They didnt even created a new lightsaber hilt, Rey just put together Anakin's old one...

1 hour ago, DarthVarkor said:

New poster for the film.

Yeah, definitely fit my preferences and I'm digging it too. I expect the movie to be as intense as the poster. I've been waiting for a Star Wars movie that is full of Force Powers' battles and lightsabers' clashes. If they don't put that down then they better watch out, lol.

As someone who hasn't liked the previous Disney Star Wars (barring Rogue One),  this has got my attention. Love that duality of Light vs Dark, but I'm hoping this doesn't mimic "Luke vs Vader"  fight with Palpatine on the sidelines coercing Rey to join the darkside (which by the look of the footage, seems to parallel Return of the Jedi...)

58 minutes ago, Gaak78 said:

As someone who hasn't liked the previous Disney Star Wars (barring Rogue One),  this has got my attention. Love that duality of Light vs Dark, but I'm hoping this doesn't mimic "Luke vs Vader"  fight with Palpatine on the sidelines coercing Rey to join the darkside (which by the look of the footage, seems to parallel Return of the Jedi...)

It's JJ so you know it will exactly be like RotJ.

• Haha 1

Actual trailer:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Like 2
  • Haha 2