About This File
This mod replace the default Ajunta Pall's Blade appearance with the "Legends" rendition.
# Background #
Held by the Dark Jedi even before he fell to the dark side, this may be one of the few truly personal items owned by Ajunta Pall, and remains as thoroughly corrupted as he.
The blade of the fallen, Ajunta Pall's Blade -
"I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light."
I have always thought about something that is dark-enigmatic about the blade after hearing those words, so this project was started to accommodate the idea.
# About this Mod #
This mod replace the default Ajunta Pall's Blade appearance with the "Legends" rendition. The new blade is using the amazing IRobert's [K1] Vibroweapons replacement pack retexture base texture and model, which having that science-fantasy feeling to its design and concept. I edited them later particularly on coloring and scheming to match my interpretation of the blade. IRobert gave permission for everyone to freely use, change or modify the mod with *redistribution* policies applies.
* With v1.0.2 included the model fix kindly provided by the infamous Dark Lord of the Sith, DarthParametric. It's a fix for holes in the meshes of the hilt which causes artefacts with the shadow casting.
The new blade trying to fits the concept of the true Ajunta Pall's blade, which described as -
The blade of this sword is an ebony black and notched along its length to give it a cruel and jagged appearance. There is a strange visual effect upon the sword which makes it seem as if shadows pulse and ebb along its surface. It is very cool to the touch, and upon close inspection a small insignia of a dark circle can be spotted on its hilt.
Those features can be seen on the blade now.
# Final Remarks #
I suggest you to install VarsityPuppet's Spectral Ajunta Pall Canonical Appearance first and then install this mod after. This mod aims to complete the Ajunta Pall's personal items part.
There's always room for improvements - critiques, comments, suggestions, questions and feedbacks for the next update are much appreciated - PM, write them on my feed or leave any on the mod's page as you please. And thank you! for downloading, and playing this mod.
Hope you enjoy the mod as much as I do!
Installation: Choose your installation preferences - then run the installer [TSLPatcher.exe] and hit the [Install Mod ->] button!
- Choose the UNINSTALL option in the installation menu
- Additionally you may want to remove these items from the Override folder -
- For maximum compatibility, install this mod at the latter stage of your mod's build
- There's an option for this mod to be compatible with VarsityPuppet's Spectral Ajunta Pall Canonical Appearance and Rece's Ajunta Pall's Swords Revamped. Just make sure to choose it only after those mods has
- The main installation of this mod is not compatible with the said mods, and/or any mods that hard-overwrite the Tomb of Ajunta Pall/korr_m37aa module
For this mod to be fully effective you should at least load a saved game before entering the Tomb of Ajunta Pall [korr_m37aa] module
Redistribution: do not redistribute this mod or re-release it on any websites. I'd love to provide direct support to my work, which wouldn't be possible if they're scattered everywhere. If you are to re-use an assets to a project you will be releasing, you don't have to ask for permission - but your generous intention is very much welcome. I'd love to know what others are up too, particularly if my work are included. And then, make sure to give credits to IRobert, DeadMan, seph6, RevanDark, DarthParametric, BioWare & LucasArts with the release - particularly with the inclusion of the assets. An appreciation to this lil' peasant work here is also a very warmwelcome, welcome.
- The Almighty Force which gave me chance to finish the mod
- BioWare & LucasArts for developing one of the best RPG I've played
- IRobert, DeadMan, seph6, and RevanDark for [K1] Vibroweapons replacement pack retexture
- DarthParametric for his assistance on GFF editing in v1.0.1 and the model fix in v1.0.2 and ultimately for the past-present knowledge which allows me to create customs also for all his outstanding creation that I am a fan of
- VarsityPuppet for the permission to have Spectral Ajunta Pall Canonical Appearance being awesomely stand-out in the screenshots and inspiring me with his work
- JCarter426 & Inyri Forge for all their awesome work that I look up to - I learned a lot from their mod setup and been practicing a lot using their method
- ROTNR for Creating Module Files in KotOR tutorial - which guides me on packaging the custom module
- Snigaroo/Sniggles for hosting #mod_development on Discord > r/kotor
- Fred Tetra for the amazing KotOR Tool
- bead-v for MDLedit and KOTORmax
- ndix UR for tga2tpc
- stoffe for the magnificent TSL Patcher, TLKEd, ERFEdit, et cetera, and Fair Strides for later improves them
- TK102 for K-GFF
- Notepad++team for Notepad++
- All the Tool Makers wasn't mentioned - can't make it without y'all!
- All the mod's users that provides reviews and constructive feedbacks pre v1.0.2 - gerblul, todevuch, JustABitAgroed, Ebony Moon etc.
- All the inspiring streamers on DeadlyStream
- All the inspiring modders either active or inactive
- DeadlyStream for being a home; a place to hangout - to discuss and hosting my work
- DeadlyStream staffs for tirelessly improving and maintaining the site
What's New in Version 1.0.2b
- Included the model fix kindly provided by the infamous Dark Lord of the Sith, @DarthParametric. It's a fix for holes in the meshes of the hilt which causes artefacts with the shadow casting
- Using higher-resolution to improve details in the textures. It is now scaled twice the size of the former
- The texture now is in native in-game TPC format for better performance and efficiency, with zero-to-none quality differences to the former TGA
- Restructure to the mod's figure and is using MOD/modular install as a whole
- The blade model is using variation 37 now to match the module numbering [korr_m37aa]
- Tweaks to the model selfillumcolor, so it now illuminates 100% white glow color for the blade part, whilst the former was set for about ~75% green [left-over from the original green vibroblade used as basis]
- New! - Added Compatibility Install and Uninstall option exclusively for VarsityPuppet's "Spectral Ajunta Pall Canonical Appearance" and Rece's "Ajunta Pall's Swords Revamped" users