ChrisC26

KotOR Re-Release Inbound?

All those articles refer to the same source, and I've never heard of that website or journalist.

He's basically making a claim without any kind of proof.

I call bullshit untill further notice.

(Also: no pc=no buy)

• Like 4

Well this would be an interesting idea, and I'd be down for it. Though, I'm waiting for EA to peddle Day One DLC for it, like "Pre-order for Revan's Robes DLC" or some crap like that.

Well this would be an interesting idea, and I'd be down for it. Though, I'm waiting for EA to peddle Day One DLC for it, like "Pre-order for Revan's Robes DLC" or some crap like that.

Pre-order for exclusive Cortosis blade that can't be found anywhere else!

$9.99 add all party members to your party

$1.99 Start the game off right by receiving this specialty blaster rifle from the start of the game

$19.99 Yavin IV Space Station bonus DLC

$59.99 to continue the storyline after Leviathan

and so on...

• Like 2

Pre-order for exclusive Cortosis blade that can't be found anywhere else!

$9.99 add all party members to your party

$1.99 Start the game off right by receiving this specialty blaster rifle from the start of the game

$19.99 Yavin IV Space Station bonus DLC

$59.99 to continue the storyline after Leviathan

and so on...

Create your own adventure: $29.99 to receive the mystical Override folder for access to user-created mods available at EA stores. :P

Also, :shock:

• Like 7

This could either be a console seller for me or an excuse to completely despise whoever is doing this remake/remaster. I call BS on this eitherway. I'd be amazed if this were to happen. Still, I thought the Halo 1 remake was never going to happen and 343 has already remastered both the first and second Halo games. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Now, starting a rumor about a possible TSL remake is when I immediately call bullshit. 

Create your own adventure: $29.99 to receive the mystical Override folder for access to user-created mods available at EA stores. :P

Also, :shock:

Lol, imagine your current Override folder being passcode locked. XD

Seems unlikely to me. Could be people confusing Aspyr's work with the persistent rumours of Bioware working on a new Star Wars game. If they were going to do a simple "HD" upgrade, like Capcom have been doing with Resident Evil, you'd think they would have done that instead of letting Aspyr do straight ports of the originals. The other option is a full remake, but that seems even less likely. If it was EA it would have to be on Frostbite, and I'm sure the result would be much the same as Square's impending rape of Final Fantasy 7, they would fundamentally change everything about it.

I really hope this stays a rumor...

As much as I'd like to play a KotOR game with better graphics (and improved gameplay in some areas), I fear that they'd screw the gameplay completely. And mod support is also incredibly important for me and Frostbite engine where they would probably make the remake isn't exactly known for that.

• Like 1

Still, I thought the Halo 1 remake was never going to happen and 343 has already remastered both the first and second Halo games.

Both being completely butchered in many areas, and the first's multiplayer being a map pack for one of the worst halos of all time (I'm not eve gonna begin to talk about that collection that is still fairly broken 9 months post launch). I'd also say that it's a lot more likely for Microsoft to milk their #1 xbox cash cow than for kotor remakes to happen.

Just give me KotOR 3. And Star Wars 1313. Because I'm DYING for something that doesn't involve laser sticks ever since Republic Commando.

Also can I please get that Jedi Knight game, Imperial Commando, the real Battlefront 3 and all those other games that were cancelled? Still salty over what LA did for like the last 10 years, just thinking about all those games that could have come out...

While I wouldn't mind an HD Collection/HD Remake or whatever, this does seem somewhat fishy (I have bought this game like 5 times at this point and I wouldn't mind having a 6th version, just more excuses to start another playthrough). I'd also rather see Aspyr give K1 the K2 treatment and make that update available for GOG/Collection/4CD. With the right mods, Kotor is already HD enough for me and they'd probably either ruin gameplay by making it more "modern" (aka dumbing it down) or they'd ruin the story by making it closer to swtor's screwed up version of it.

KOTOR3 from Obsidian completely ignoring TOR please!

It's too bad Chris Avellone doesn't work for Obsidian anymore.

I'd love to see K1 remade and for consoles. I love the K1 modding scene but I prefer console gaming in general. I see that more likely than a KOTOR3, since SWTOR was basically KOTOR3 x12.

I'd love to see K1 remade and for consoles. I love the K1 modding scene but I prefer console gaming in general. I see that more likely than a KOTOR3, since SWTOR was basically KOTOR3 x12.

Just like WoW was basically Warcraft 4-12.

My dream game would be a sequel to Jedi Knight or a remake of the first Dark Forces game. A Kotor remake would be nice, I guess. I'd imagine that they would ruin some of the gameplay mechanics of it and dumb it down for first time players, which would be very unfortunate.

How would this affect some of the mods we've made for this game if everything is high definition?

If their idea of "HD" is the same as Capcom's (i.e. a quick upscale and sharpen filter in PS), probably not a whole hell of a lot.

http://www.re4hd.com/wp-content/gallery/0046-comparison-explanation/102702.jpg

Just give me KotOR 3. And Star Wars 1313. Because I'm DYING for something that doesn't involve laser sticks ever since Republic Commando.

Absolutely. People seem to also forget that the Jedi Knight series originally started with Dark Forces. (Except that fans got easily bored with it, due to how over-saturated the FPS market was) Lightsabers have sadly become a cliche in Star Wars, and are now ingrained in public consciousness to where it's difficult to show Star Wars without them.

Artistically, I loved Republic Commando for bringing the same fantastical level of futuristic tech without pandering to the level of requiring a laser duel.

Star Wars 1313 seemed to be delivering on the futuristic criminal underworld perspective, which is a rather unique perspective for Star Wars, excluding games like Bounty Hunter, which had you in the role as a Hunter of those ne're-do-wells.

There is an entire layer of the Star Wars mythos that is all-but untouched, yet could provide some great storytelling and gameplay without inventing new Force feuds to give the player motivation. :)

• Like 1

Republic Commando is probably my favorite Star Wars game after KotOR series and Battlefront Series.

I too would like KotOR 3 more than anything else. But I would also love a HD re-release of KotOR 1 and 2 but only if it had mod support.

And an HD re-release of KotOR could mean they could upgrade the engine so that we can do what we did in TSL and MORE.