Sithspecter

This is the Sleheyron Planet, which is a Work-In-Progress mod for KotOR

Wow, the new one looks more lively. Only by the docking bay the place already looks like den of villainy - can imagine those barrels worth thousands of credits! Hahah. :cheers:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

It's questionable whether you'd actually get shadows that dark with such an apparently overcast sky, but the new version is certainly much more appropriately moody looking.

I cheated a bit with the sun angle. The skybox actually has an unimpeded sun, albeit fairly low on the horizon. You can see it when you are at the far edges of the bay:

PMjPLT7.jpg

The sun angle was really too low to make shadows appear in an aesthetic manner, and not too stretched. I altered the UVs on the Skybox to bring it a bit higher but ultimately raised my main "sunlight" so everything wasn't shadowed or stretched.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I'm glad this has been well-received.

• Like 8

Some behind-the-scenes sort of work going on right now. Somehow I've managed (with lots of help from Darth Parametric) to get Sleheyron all set up on the galaxy map again, complete with filler takeoff/landing videos, filler Star Map vision sequences, and a conversation with Bastila about the Sleheyron Star Map.

With Fair Strides MIA for the moment, I am having to take on the scripting, which is something I've never been well versed with. With quite a bit of help from the friendly folks on Discord, I've been able to at least start editing some scripts with positive results. I have always been very intimidated by scripting, so this is a big step for me. Thanks to all who have contributed their knowledge so far, it's been extremely helpful and informative.

• Like 10
  • Light Side Points 1

I find this is a wonderful community full of talented people that are always ready to lend a hand.

God knows how many times I have been bothering many of the most knowledgeable modders for help, advice and tips.

I am sure all those who contribute their talent to your project are doing it with the confidence it is going to see the light of the day and that it is going to be a massive success.

Godspeed, Sithspecter.

• Light Side Points 4

13 hours ago, Sithspecter said:

Some behind-the-scenes sort of work going on right now. Somehow I've managed (with lots of help from Darth Parametric) to get Sleheyron all set up on the galaxy map again, complete with filler takeoff/landing videos, filler Star Map vision sequences, and a conversation with Bastila about the Sleheyron Star Map.

With Fair Strides MIA for the moment, I am having to take on the scripting, which is something I've never been well versed with. With quite a bit of help from the friendly folks on Discord, I've been able to at least start editing some scripts with positive results. I have always been very intimidated by scripting, so this is a big step for me. Thanks to all who have contributed their knowledge so far, it's been extremely helpful and informative.

Fantastic, I have a couple of questions regarding the landing pad sequence.

When you say "filler Star Map vision sequence" is that referring to a placeholder or is the sequence already made? 

Will the convo with Bastila regarding Sleheyron's Star Map use new VO, reused VO or spliced VO?

Once the player reaches the landing pad, will the NPCs be anything like the old Sleheyron Demo from 2008/2014 or will it be different? (With a Czerka Twilek guy to charge the player to enter Sleheyron and answer questions, Gamorrean Guards watching the ship and an Aqualish Merchant)

3 minutes ago, N-DReW25 said:

Fantastic, I have a couple of questions regarding the landing pad sequence.

When you say "filler Star Map vision sequence" is that referring to a placeholder or is the sequence already made? 

Will the convo with Bastila regarding Sleheyron's Star Map use new VO, reused VO or spliced VO?

Once the player reaches the landing pad, will the NPCs be anything like the old Sleheyron Demo from 2008/2014 or will it be different? (With a Czerka Twilek guy to charge the player to enter Sleheyron and answer questions, Gamorrean Guards watching the ship and an Aqualish Merchant)

The Star Map vision is a placeholder right now, as are the takeoff and landing videos. I am recycling the Tatooine videos for now. I plan to render the videos when the project is very close to being finished.

Bastila's conversation uses spliced VO, but it's really quite convincing and cohesive. Fair Strides put that part together a while back.

It will be pretty similar, though he may not be a Czerka employee. I'm not sure how much sense it makes for Czerka to have a large presence on a planet controlled by the Hutts. I'm open to hear discussion about the pros and cons of that idea.

• Like 2

Personally I wouldn't be against a strong Czerka presence on Sleheyron because one of the planet's main avenues is slave trading and, like we could see in Kashyyyk, Czerka is completely fine with it and in sharing in the business and profit. It is also true that one of the original Czerka business was mining and Sleheyron is a vulcanic world whose economy relied strongly on the extraction of Tibanna gas. That makes me think that partnership, more than competition, with Czerka could be a sensible possibility.

Said that, I would not suggest to have Czerka employees running the landing pad and/or dealing with visitors. I expect the Hutt to want to be in direct control of that so I could imagine Gamorrean guards, Quarrens, Trandoshans and many droids being put in charge of that, possibly under the direct supervision of a resident Hutt official.

Edited by Salk
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, Sithspecter said:

I'm not sure how much sense it makes for Czerka to have a large presence on a planet controlled by the Hutts. I'm open to hear discussion about the pros and cons of that idea.

I think it makes sense, since they have their fingers in everything. I'd be worried about repetition of course, but I think there's plenty of room to do new things with Czera, and it would already be different from the other planets because they're not in charge of this one. Maybe they've only just recently tried to get a foothold in. It might even be a chance to give them more nuance, seeing as they'll likely be less evil than the establishment for once.

• Like 1

I am thinking the best course is to have a Czerka presence with some NPCs, and maybe even some that interact in a quest, but maybe not an established Czerka module or area. As if they are trying to get their foot in the door.

• Like 3

What music are you planning to use? Are you going to use "The Unknown World" track and "Star Forge Battle"? Because in the files they are named "mus_area_slehey" and "mus_bat_slehey".

• Like 1

I am planning to use both those tracks for Sleheyron, as they were intended. I may also mix in a track or two from TSL, since that is allowed now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I have been informed on Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/kotor/comments/cacqkr/more_sleheyron) that I may not have been clear enough about what this mod is or which game it belongs to. This is the Sleheyron Planet, which is a Work-In-Progress Mod for KotOR

See below graphic to see how much This is the Sleheyron Planet, which is a Work-In-Progress Mod for KotOR on a scale of 0 to This is the Sleheyron Planet, which is a Work-In-Progress Mod for KotOR:

9jhpT3Q.jpg

As you may be able to start to realize,  This is the Sleheyron Planet, which is a Work-In-Progress Mod for KotOR  is The Sleheyron Planet, which is a Work-In-Progress Mod for KotOR, to the maximum extent that a  Sleheyron Planet, which is a Work-In-Progress Mod for KotOR can be.

Shenanigans aside, I have been working on finalizing the street design with the updates previously promised in this thread. 

mvz2UAq.jpg

Here is the final layout. I am in the process of readying it for export. This includes the new standardized doors, and has been expanded to include some of the content originally in the 2nd street area. I will be working on getting it working in-game the next couple of days. Fortunately I find the export process (while lengthy and tedious), to be easier than trying to be creative and model the actual things. Or at least I seem to be better about being motivated to do it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Yes, it will have a Star Map.

5pLq9b6.jpg

Small section of the street in-game. Spent a lot of time getting the lighting just right. It feels really, really good in-game so far. It truly feels like it belongs now. The sense of scale seems spot on.

I will work on getting more in-game tomorrow.

• Like 12

KFVu1hB.jpg

hgUAVc4.jpg

bBSJhfX.jpg

iE639Im.jpg

h7R3kIO.jpg

GGub9l6.jpg

Full Street back in-game! Still have to work on the walkmesh but it's good to have the whole street back in the game.

• Like 6

On 7/12/2019 at 12:13 PM, Sithspecter said:

Yes, it will have a Star Map.

CarthOnasty is actually the developer of a mod which gives the Star Map a new HD Model and Texture which I am certain would be compatible with Sleheyron.

13 hours ago, Sithspecter said:

Full Street back in-game! Still have to work on the walkmesh but it's good to have the whole street back in the game.

Can I ask what happened to the old road modules? I recall one being in the Sleheyron Demo and one Xuul showcased a while back (That one was brimming with NPCs btw).

I edited the street area with new lightmaps and I also added another small section that includes content that was originally in the 2nd street area. The one from the Sleheyron Demo was very, very old and the one Xuul showcased is the one I've edited.

I'm on a new PC, currently away from my old PC, and a few things got dropped with the transfer. NPCs will be populated again soon!

• Like 3

Late to the party here as usual, but WOW WOW WOW!!! It is looking so good. Cracking the lightmapping REALLY makes it feel like an original game asset. Amazing work. Love the variegated arenas, too.

• Like 2

I know some semi-professional voice actors who could voice some original characters for this mod. I would love to see the different factions vying for control of profits on Sleheyron, the Hutt Cartel being the dominant one, then the Exchange, The Trandoshan Slavers, Czerka, Even private companies in extra side quests. 

As for the death matches, I also say no for organics, but have some matches against droids who can be destroyed without light/dark side points. As a caveat to that, I would say that some beaten opponents have big ego's and try to kill you outside the arena for humiliating them and that would be a good time to deal finishing blows. Maybe three final rounds could be deathmatches, but the majority of them not.

Also, which module is the Star Map located in? I still think you should go with at the bottom of a mine shaft or next to a flow of lava escaping from a thermal vent or something like that. Any new creatures? I would recommend some fights in the arena also be against assorted beasts!

It saddens me that you would not like to do new music for Sleheyron, but perhaps there is still time to change your mind yet.

Everything you have done is fantastic and whatever the finished product is I will love it regardless Sithspecter, thank you for all this.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2019 at 7:17 PM, Zhaboka said:

Late to the party here as usual, but WOW WOW WOW!!! It is looking so good. Cracking the lightmapping REALLY makes it feel like an original game asset. Amazing work. Love the variegated arenas, too.

Thanks Zhaboka!

18 hours ago, musicforthepiano said:

I know some semi-professional voice actors who could voice some original characters for this mod. I would love to see the different factions vying for control of profits on Sleheyron, the Hutt Cartel being the dominant one, then the Exchange, The Trandoshan Slavers, Czerka, Even private companies in extra side quests. 

As for the death matches, I also say no for organics, but have some matches against droids who can be destroyed without light/dark side points. As a caveat to that, I would say that some beaten opponents have big ego's and try to kill you outside the arena for humiliating them and that would be a good time to deal finishing blows. Maybe three final rounds could be deathmatches, but the majority of them not.

Also, which module is the Star Map located in? I still think you should go with at the bottom of a mine shaft or next to a flow of lava escaping from a thermal vent or something like that. Any new creatures? I would recommend some fights in the arena also be against assorted beasts!

It saddens me that you would not like to do new music for Sleheyron, but perhaps there is still time to change your mind yet.

Everything you have done is fantastic and whatever the finished product is I will love it regardless Sithspecter, thank you for all this.

I am open to some voice acting when the times comes. I'm also open to paying for excellent quality voice acting.

I'll do some research on the Hutt Cartel, but I've been primarily leaning on the Exchange. There's still some nuances that need to be worked out for the comings and goings on Sleheyron.

Droids or beasts will make good "death-matches" for lower tier fighting. Maybe there will be two different routes to go with it, I dunno.

No new creatures.

I stated before that I am open to new music but I am skeptical that someone will be able to produce more music of the same quality and style. If you can do this, I'd love to hear it, but I'm going to be skeptical until I can hear some good samples.

I'm glad you like the progress so far.

• Like 2

why no both having Exchange and Hutt Cartel and having a conflict between them.   Sithspecter, please take your time with this. 

57 minutes ago, DeathScepter said:

Sithspecter, please take your time with this. 

With 10 years plus on this project, I think I have taken a quite leisurely pace 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3