VarsityPuppet

Star Wars: Rogue One Teaser

In roughly one year, we get our first Star Wars anthology film:

Don't worry, doesn't give away anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0eEKDfLNPg

What do you guys think? Is a spin-off film going to work? Will they establish an aesthetic that is similar to the original trilogy or try to redesign too much?

Sound off

Hmm, well after seeing TFA, I'm definitely interested to see what else is in store. I think a spin-off film might work, but either way, I'm going to remain a *little* skeptical with each new film.

• Like 1

TBQH the concept for this would have worked better as a game... but since Disney gave EA the keys to SW gaming I'm actually fine with this being a film

• Like 1

Considering there's literally nothing there, it would be hard to judge.

It would be fun to see a teaser with literally nothing - like, say, two minutes of perfectly white screen. Okay, I may be getting carried away... need to get some sleep.

I liked that Death Star faintly in the background. Very cool visual.

I am looking forward to Rogue One. I like Gareth Edwards who has proved himself a capable director with both smaller (Monsters) and larger (Godzilla) budget films and with a film like Rogue One where he'll be getting the assistance of experienced members of LucasFilm/Disney I think we will be getting another great film.

You know, for a franchise called Star Wars, it feels weird for an actual war film to be a part of it... 

Very cool trailer though, but a shame we got no Vader.

Vader and Palps might make a small appearance. It'd be a shame to not have Palpatine giving an order to the antagonist in this movie. We don't have to see a lightsaber or anything.

Also... I'm getting a Mary Sue vibe from this new Jan Ors rip off. Hopefully she is more like Ripley from ALIEN and less like Rey from TFA. 

And in the scene with the black cloaked figure kneeling down in front of the bacta tank... I think that might be Vader kneeling in front of the Emperor about to get out of this "bacta bath"

• Like 1

WOW that looked like garbage, That trailer pretty much crushed my excitement for this movie

WOW that looked like garbage, That trailer pretty much crushed my excitement for this movie

The trailer itself wasn't that great, I agree. I gather you would rather see the trailer for Zack Snyders Justice League instead? :P

• Like 1

I'm probably going to take some crap for this, but I'm 45 yrs old and cranky,,,,,.another young female heroine lead? C'mon

Disclaimer:

I firmly believe in the empowerment of women. They should receive equal pay for equal work. I believe they are capable of succeeding in the highest offices in our political, economic, and scientific arenas. I believe this messed up world will only get better as women become more influential in world affairs.

• Like 1

I'm probably going to take some crap for this, but I'm 45 yrs old and cranky,,,,,.another young female heroine lead? C'mon

Disclaimer:

I firmly believe in the empowerment of women. They should receive equal pay for equal work. I believe they are capable of succeeding in the highest offices in our political, economic, and scientific arenas. I believe this messed up world will only get better as women become more influential in world affairs.

At the expense of similar flak, I will agree with this entirely.

I don't mind women, and actually like them being protagonists, but I would like to see more diversity in personality. Seems to me they're always cast as individuals having to fight to prove themselves. For once, why can't we just get a self-confident young women who rises to the occasion to do great things; you don't have to be a rebel or being looking for a fight to be a strong female lead.

It looks indistinguishable from TFA. I was hoping they'd go for directing and visual styles more distinct from the main trilogies for the Anthology films.

Can't say anything about the main character yet, as we've barely seen her.

Hope she'll have more character growth than Rey had in TFA.

• Like 1

It looks indistinguishable from TFA. I was hoping they'd go for directing and visual styles more distinct from the main trilogies for the Anthology films.

Can't say anything about the main character yet, as we've barely seen her.

Hope she'll have more character growth than Rey had in TFA.

Agreed. Rey wasn't bad but the movie didn't do her Justice like the novelization did. She was pretty stagnant and her "affinity" to the force didn't help her case.

Now This new character. She is a little bit like Jan. But Jan was a morally good character from the get go. Jin here is more morally ambiguous. I look forward to her Character development! 

Dunno why you guys ain't liking this trailer, my only issue was the cringe-worthy line "I Rebel".... It's almost like they brought good ol' George back to write the screenplay.

Other than that this trailer looked pretty darn sweet.

Disclaimer:

to be fair, the first six movies all had male leads and only one female of note.

• Like 2

to be fair, the first six movies all had male leads and only one female of note.

You of course mean Oola, Jabba's Twi'lek dancer who is eaten by the Rancor.

• Like 1

You of course mean Oola, Jabba's Twi'lek dancer who is eaten by the Rancor.

RIP rancor fodder, you will never be forgotten

Btw, any thoughts on who that hooded figure is kneeling before that tank? I highly doubt it's Vader, and who the hell would the Emperor bow to?

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to another ANH remake. This time, with Death Star NOT blowing up! :D

• Like 1

The plot of this movie is that the Rebels are trying to steal the Death Star plans, right? I hope that they include maybe a few reference to the first Dark Forces level. Ya know, the level where the Death Star plans were stolen by... Kyle... Katarn?

I miss him already. ):

RIP rancor fodder, you will never be forgotten

Btw, any thoughts on who that hooded figure is kneeling before that tank? I highly doubt it's Vader, and who the hell would the Emperor bow to?

maybe its Ashoka XD XD XD XD (The hooded figure) bowing to her new master? But in all seriousness, id say we might get a Snoke cameo or something related to the knights of ren. Not much of a cameo, but enough to get your pants wet for EP. 8