About This File
[K1] Temple Main Floor - Missing Lamps Fix
Lights are always nice in a dark places. Though it'd be nicer to know where it came from...
Inside the Temple Main Floor, there are rooms with source of lights that comes from nowhere. I was terrified... thought at first they're missing the GIT reference for the placeables, appears they're not, as they're not placeables. With second thought, perhaps they're missing their render flag? Again, no lamp meshes with the room model as pointed by DarthParametric. Apparently, they are missing their lamps which caused by missing references for the objects. In essence, the lamp is not part of the room model nor a placeable, instead a reference model called by the room's.
What Does This Mod Do?
This mod adds the missing reference for the lamps to four of the rooms inside the Temple Main Floor module. Optionally, it can also readjust the facing point of two Rune Covered Pillars inside one of the room, which I think could improve the aesthetics and immersion that's missing from the original setup.
Here's a before-and-after screenshots of what this mod mainly does -
And the optional that readjust the pillars' facing point -
What Can You Do?
There's always room for improvements; reviews, critiques, comments, suggestions, questions and feedbacks are much appreciated. PM, write them on my feed or leave any on the mod's page as you please. And thank you! for downloading, and using this mod.
What You Should Do?
For best experience with the game itself, I suggest you to have KOTOR 1 Community Patch installed.
Hope you enjoy the mod as much as I do!
Installation: run the installer and choose INSTALL option, then hit the [Install Mod ->] button!
Uninstallation: remove these files from the Override folder -
Compatibility: will not be compatible with mods that edits and/or replace the relevant models, also mods that possibly changes the module layouts/LYT
The mod can be installed anytime - anywhere as the game's progress, and will have direct effect instantly
It is play-tested with the latest version of KotOR 1 Restoration/K1R and is compatible with it. At the other hand, it was only by far tested with K1:Community Patch/K1CP v1.7, though assets-wise, there's nothing to be conflicted with the 1.8 version
Redistribution: you can redistribute this mod or re-release it on any websites, just don't claim it as your own. Though I'd love to provide direct support to my work, which wouldn't be possible if they're scattered in the Unknown Regions. Be advised then, most likely I will not provide ones if I don't know where it re-hosted.
If you are to re-use an assets to a project you will be releasing, you don't have to ask for permission - but your generous intention is very much welcome. Inside this mod are resources which can be repurposed for your likings in one condition; please include the unmodified-original sources along with the release of the project. I'd love to know what others are up too, particularly if my work are included.
Said and done, give credits to BioWare & LucasArts with the release - as without them this enjoyment would be non-existent. A bit of appreciation to this peasant here is also a very warm welcome, welcome.
- The Almighty Force which gave me chance to finish the mod
- BioWare & LucasArts for developing one of the best RPG I've ever played
- DarthParametric for helpful insights, troubleshooting, and information regarding the model name in the first place, also for past-present knowledge which allows me to create mods and all his outstanding creation that I am a fan of
- JCarter426 and Inyri Forge for all their awesome work that I look up to - I learned a lot from their mods and been practicing a lot using their method
- ROTNR for Creating Module Files in KotOR tutorial which opened the gate for me to packaging a custom MOD/module
- Fred Tetra for the amazing KotOR Tool
- bead-v for MDLedit and KOTORmax
- stoffe for the magnificent TSL Patcher and ERFEdit
- Fair Strides for improving TSL Patcher functionality and the very helpful KotOR Toolset
- tk102 for K-GFF
- Notepad++team for Notepad++
- All the Tool Makers wasn't mentioned - can't make it without y'all!
- All the inspiring streamers on DeadlyStream
- All the inspiring modders either active or inactive
- DeadlyStream for being a home; a place to hangout, to discuss and hosting my work
- DeadlyStream staffs for tirelessly improving and maintaining the site
- Snigaroo/Sniggles for hosting #mod_development on /r/kotor