About This File
Based on this request thread, this mod replaces the Jedi captive placeables used in the final confrontation with Darth Malak aboard the Star Forge. In the vanilla version of the game, these are all identical copies of the same male body using the PMHC04 (“Mullet Man”) head. New male and female versions of this placeable have been made, utilising a variety of heads from all three human races, and Twi’leks. All eight captives in the level are now unique and distinct from one another.
Additionally, the flavour pop-up text for when you interact with the captives has been altered to change the male pronouns into neutral ones, so they work regardless of the subject’s gender.
For those that wish it, an optional extra is included that adds these new Jedi as background NPCs to the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine (N.B. as of v1.1, the pictured sparring circle has been removed due to the placeables.2da row limit bug described below).
- WARNING: A critical issue has been discovered with K1's placeables.2da, limiting the number of additional new entires that can be added to around 20 rows. This mod adds 8 rows. If you use multiple mods that add new rows to placeables.2da, you will likely encounter issues. DO NOT REINSTALL THIS MOD OVER A PREVIOUS VERSION! You will create the placeable overflow issue.
- In order for the Dantooine portion of the optional extra to take effect, you must use a save prior to leaving Taris. The courtyard portion will only take effect for saves prior to being allowed to exit the Academy. These additions are purely cosmetic, so their absence will have no material affect on the primary purpose of the mod.
- The core content of the mod will only work with a save prior to entering the final room on the Star Forge, but I assume (hope) most people aren't still installing mods that late in proceedings.
- The core content of the mod should be compatible with most other mods, as the changes are restricted to the second-last module in the game (STA_M45AD).
- The optional content makes changes to the Dantooine Enclave's landing pad (DANM13) and courtyard (DANM14AA) modules. If you are using any mod that overwrites those modules (like Kainzorus Prime's NPC Overhaul Mod), make sure you install that mod first. This mod will patch its changes into pre-existing module files, so should be installed last.
- Changes in 1.2.1 should mean the Twi'lek master in the optional Dantooine content is now impervious to further hostile robe takeover attempts.
- If you use @JCarter426's "Fashion Line I - Cloaked Jedi Robes for K1" mod, you can download the supplied compatibility patch to have him wear the TSL robes.
- If you use JCarter426's "Fashion Line I - Cloaked Hybrid Robes for K1" mod, you can download the supplied compatibility patch to have him wear the hybrid robes.
- Thanks to @Kexikus for providing code for the NPC OnHeartbeat scripts.
- Thanks to @jc2 for the suggestion on how to fix the sparring circle combatant health bars.
- Thanks to @JCarter426 for suggesting the NotReorienting creature flag and for the TSL ported robe assets.
- Thanks to @bead-v for KOTORMax and MDLEdit.
- Thanks to @ndix UR for MDLOps v1.0+ and TGA2TPC.
- Thanks to @StellarExile for pointing out the issue with VFX targeting the base of the model. I must be blind...
- Thanks to @todevuch for testing the hybrid robes compatibility patch.
What's New in Version 1.2.1 See changelog
- Revised the optional Dantooine element to reduce clashes with the Twi'lek Jedi Master model and 3rd party robe mods.
- Added a compatibility patch for JC's hybrid robes mod and revised the compatibility patch for JC's TSL robes mod.