SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Jun 19 2012 10:40 PM
- Last Updated: Nov 07 2017 08:51 AM
- File Size: 664.1KB
- Views: 25321
- Downloads: 8,000
- Approved by: Sith Holocron
- Approved on: 21 May 2014 - 12:52 AM
- K1R Compatible: Yes
Download Jedi From The Start 2.2.04 Votes
Gameplay Jedi Classes New Game Overhaul Padawan Start Tutorial
This is a mirror. The main file can be found on Nexusmods. Updates will be found, and feedback should be directed, there.
This mod will allow you to start the game as a Jedi Apprentice. All of the dialogue on the Endar Spire has been rewritten, and shortened significantly, to make it a quicker, more fun opening to the game.
The primary goal of the mod was to reduce the horrid boredom that sets in during the Taris section of the game (by letting the player hit things with a lightsaber), and allowing the player to get more Jedi abilities throughout the game, without the limits that waiting until Dantooine enforced on the player. This is the common element between this mods, and all other padawan mods and Jedi start mods.
The secondary aim was to make the story mesh with the players newfound Jedi status. Dialogues have been edited to reflect the player's class (to the best of my ability, I can't record new VO). Conversations have been reordered, and pieces removed, in an attempt to preserve the illusion that the player is a Jedi. This was done very extensively in the dialogue of NPC's on the Endar Spire, Taris, and Dantooine. Party Member dialogues have also been edited, though not as extensively, in order to maintain compatibility.
Finally, and most successfully, this mod removes all of the fourth wall breaks and tutorial sections that crop up at the beginning of the game. If you turn off tutorial pop-ups, you will not receive a single tutorial message or informative instruction, designed to take you out of the game, and teach you something that you already found out in your other dozen playthroughs of the Endar Spire. Trask is completely gone (though you might find the aftermath of his fight with Darth Bandon), and the player now escapes the Endar Spire without his nagging instructions. You can now power through the intro of the game if you like. Doors have been unlocked, allowing the player to progress through the level without being forced to using battle droids or melee weapons to approach combat situations. These features are also available in my Tutorial Remover mod
- All tutorial elements removed from the Endar Spire
- Start the game as a Jedi, at second level
- Adjusts dialogue throughout the game to conform to the new story
- Read the Readme file, it will give you instructions on how to use the "Installer.exe" file to install the mod
- There is a "Manual Installation" option available for anyone who cannot use the Installer for whatever reason
- You must uninstall all version older than 2.0.0 before installing version 2.0.0. Jedi from the Start should be installed on a new installation, with KotOR 1 Restoration already installed if you plan to use it
- The mod is fully compatible with KotOR 1 Restoration (with the included patch)
- The mod is fully compatible with Carth's Republic Uniform and Flight Suit (no patch required anymore)
- SWToR Style Training Sabers will overwrite my changes to the Dantooine Lightsaber Training, but will not cause any actual issues
- Most mods should be compatible, unless they edit the Endar Spire, or the Dantooine Jedi Training
- Tutorial Remover is not compatible
- Appearance Standardizer (coming soon) is recommended if you would like Jedi clothing options
- Consular Sentinel Class Skill Swap is recommended if you want the Sentinel class to be somewhat meaningful
- Tutorial Remover is recommended if you do not want to be a Jedi, but still want a better Endar Spire
Thank you for reading, enjoy!
What's New in Version 2.2.0 (See full changelog)
- Trask's Corpse once again uses his unique appearance, but is still lootable this time
- Dantooine Training Sabers are installed into the module file instead of the override
Other files you may be interested in ..
11 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)
0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users