Hassat Hunter

WTF Steam?

I'm a programmer and I haven't worked on games, but...

That quote was from the uninitiated, ignorant group of critiquers who really don't know what they're talking about...

To illustrate, imagine you had to rewrite all of your PERL tools so that they could natively run on Windows.

To illustrate, imagine you had to rewrite all of your PERL tools so that they could natively run on Windows.

*sigh* Let me pull out the C code, commandline, manual on machine code, and a C-Compiler... *cries himself to sleep from the torture*

Reminds me of a Gamefaqs topic where someone was complaining about Kingdom Hearts III not being on the Wii U. Here is the most memorable post from that person.

No. Because it's not fair. Square-enix has no reason to stiff nintendo. When all they'd have to do is simply change the game code to run on it.

Besides even if Square could port it which I am sure they could but that would take time, it would take money, and a lot of effort.   As far as I know the Wii U's architecture isn't even similar enough to  XB1/PS4 to make it a easy port.  Plus with how low the install base is for Wii U all the time and money they put into said port wouldn't be worth it and in fact I doubt Square-Enix would even break even on it.  This is coming from someone who owns a Wii U and a PS4.

The Steam community is just as bad as the YouTube community. A shame that ignoring it is no longer possible for you, Hassat. I'd hop on to help you to refute that moron's blabbering, but I think that'll be a long time investment... 

• Like 3

Nope. It has to do with higher framerates.

Seems the guy still is hilariously bad... stupid me not realising it was the same dude sooner :/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/208580/discussions/0/490123938441167405/?tscn=1445956154#c490123938445396824

Well, it's your fault for talking to people who consider Skyrim the best RPG ever :P

Problem solved:

txn0N99.png

Laughed so hard at this.

I don't even like coffee.

Problem solved:

txn0N99.png

LOL

Awesome!

• Like 1

Amateurish fanproject? I can't imagine how insulting that must feel when you and others have gone to great lengths to fix a broken, unfinished and buggy game so that people can enjoy it the way it was meant to be.

• Like 1

Amateurish fanproject? I can't imagine how insulting that must feel when you and others have gone to great lengths to fix a broken, unfinished and buggy game so that people can enjoy it the way it was meant to be.

To be fair, none of us were paid to do this, so it is technically an amateur project.

But that guy is just being an asshat.

• Like 4

To be fair, none of us were paid to do this, so it is technically an amateur project.

Amateur, yes. I think that there's a bit of a difference between "amateur" and "amateurish"...

• Like 2

Well, true. But the way he said it to me made it sound like it was just a bunch of kids not knowing what they're doing messing around with a game and releasing it. I don't intend to speak for people, but that IMO is very insulting.

The word "amateur" literally means you love what you're doing, so there's that. ;)

• Like 1

Sorry that the rest of the world wasn't born with all the knowledge of coding like you and to judge from the reply below you, Varsity Puppet as well.

We mere mortals not imbued with your proclivity and genetic knowledge of programmig haven't a clue as to what is hard or easy.

Dude asked you to mod something.

You said it can't be done.

He said damn.

Seemed pretty harmless to me. But hell no, not to you. It's time to go to another forum and make fun of this blight on humanity, this blithering idiot. How DARE he address the great and powerful OZ.

Why be an arrogant dick about it? Is this how you kids roll? I came here because I just found out/ heard about the mod of an OLD game and figured I'd check it out and see what I could learn, well I learned not to ask any questions and that as a mere mortal I do not belong here.

I promise I'll never give any feedback or suggestions or make any requests. I'm too stupid to know what is hard or easy I guess and I don't see a need to be humiliated to feed your over bloated ego for something I have already said I don't know. Hell I'm so stupid I don't see anything wrong with the OP's question.

EDIT: Don't worry, I'll see my self out.

Sorry that the rest of the world wasn't born with all the knowledge of coding like you and to judge from the reply below you, Varsity Puppet as well.

We mere mortals not imbued with your proclivity and genetic knowledge of programmig haven't a clue as to what is hard or easy.

He said damn.

Seemed pretty harmless to me. But hell no, not to you. It's time to go to another forum and make fun of this blight on humanity, this blithering idiot. How DARE he address the great and powerful OZ.

Why be an arrogant dick about it? Is this how you kids roll? I came here because I just found out/ heard about the mod of an OLD game and figured I'd check it out and see what I could learn, well I learned not to ask any questions and that as a mere mortal I do not belong here.

I promise I'll never give any feedback or suggestions or make any requests. I'm too stupid to know what is hard or easy I guess and I don't see a need to be humiliated to feed your over bloated ego for something I have already said I don't know. Hell I'm so stupid I don't see anything wrong with the OP's question.

it would have been fine, but that kid was an arrogant prick on several comments which were edited lol

Why be an arrogant dick about it? Is this how you kids roll? 

Particularly ironic choice of words.

• Like 1

He said damn.

Preety sure the OP edited a significant amount of his actual post. I remember there being an entire diatribe about incompetence and certain people needing to know how to mod if they were so good at their job, but now HH just sounds like a jerk with the omission. Ironic, no?

Edit- (because people can do that to their posts :P )

I wouldnt be surprised if this individual is actually the OP sowing seeds of dissent after editing their aforementioned post... Or that could be just a weird coincidence..

• Like 1

He said damn.

Must've been quite tiring to rant like that, you want some coffee to keep going? I can brought it if you like.

*Talks in moderator voice*

Seriously though, don't come here with an attitude like that. We're perfectly happy to help anyone at all as long as they ask politely.

...judge from the reply below you, Varsity Puppet as well.

Whoa whoa whoa...

Just call me VP, we're all friends here :D

We mere mortals not imbued with your proclivity and genetic knowledge of programming haven't a clue as to what is hard or easy.

I'm confused because I never commented on that Steam thread at all.

I commented on this post, which Damned posted as an example he's seen from another forum.

No. Because it's not fair. Square-enix has no reason to stiff nintendo. When all they'd have to do is simply change the game code to run on it.

This is not a matter of that this person was not imbued with knowledge, but that this statement was made out of ignorance.

The implication here is that the change to get aforementioned Square-Enix game to run on Nintendo would be a "simple" fix. If this was person was sensible, maybe they shouldn't have implicitly stated that this was a "simple" fix, and instead should have asked "how hard would it be to change the game code to run on it?".

Also, did you not gather from our reactions that these tasks are in fact, not easy?

Moral of the story? Screen cap.

I wish that was the moral of the story. Apparently I got called out for responding to a quote that wasn't on a Steam thread, but brought up in natural conversation.

The moral of the story is haterz gon' hate.

P.S. Delete his post :P

• Like 1