VarsityPuppet

Star Wars Episode VII :The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer

I honestly can't understand how people can scream about ignoring EU NOW, after so much of the so called "canon" has been retconned or completely ignored by The Clone Wars series years ago. And if that's not enough, we all know of the changes TOR made to "canon". So why would any of you still care, any sort of continuity in Star Wars died long before Disney. (ok, sorry, that's the last mention of EU in this thread!)

Honestly, if looking at those X-Wings over water and that Millennium Falcon shot at the end doesn't make you excited, there may be something wrong with you :D

Three sided lightsaber is pretty dumb though.

George Lucas Special Edition trailer was hilarious!

I liked the trailer.  I think the movie will be great and the only thing that was weird is that new lightsaber the sith had.  That is the only thing that put me off.  The rest looks great to me though.

I honestly can't understand how people can scream about ignoring EU NOW, after so much of the so called "canon" has been retconned or completely ignored by The Clone Wars series years ago. And if that's not enough, we all know of the changes TOR made to "canon". So why would any of you still care, any sort of continuity in Star Wars died long before Disney. (ok, sorry, that's the last mention of EU in this thread!)

Honestly, if looking at those X-Wings over water and that Millennium Falcon shot at the end doesn't make you excited, there may be something wrong with you :D

Three sided lightsaber is pretty dumb though.

George Lucas Special Edition trailer was hilarious!

Hehe, spot on with all the GL edits.

When I saw the helmetless Stormie I laughed like madman and thought that it's not a real trailer, but a fake one.

The comes this droid... WTF?! R2 had sex with Droideka?!

The rest ot the trailer seems good to me. I really liked to see X-wings and Falcon.

And then comes this saber... It's stupid, impractical, but looks quite good on screen, so I can live with that.

@HK In regards to your aside, while I respect your opinion of having a positive environment, it is simply a logical misstep to assume that all negative feedback is an indicator of a negative one. It is perfectly healthy for people to disagree, and it is in fact better for the community as a whole to have contrasting beliefs or conclusions.

Secondly, I feel I must correct you in that the EU is not a "fanbase" exclusively nor is it ever created exclusively by the fans. It is LICENSED by lucasarts/publishing, and whether George likes it or not, he reviewed and consented to all of their story decisions before they were published.. The people he insulted and offended were primarily followers of his company's published work which after years of (admittedly grudgingly) allowing it to exist, he just decided to go against his own word because he could. Yes, he may have had the right, but his ethics were less than admirable.

So yeah folks are a bit ticked because first of all, frankly some of the EU stuff is worlds better, and Disney/Hollywood is just running roughshod over a really cool universe to make more money off of us, the fans who actually care about it..

Resumes how I feel exactly. I'm pretty sure a cinematographic rendition of Zahn's Heir to the Empire would have been superior to whatever this new trilogy is going to be.

The last book of the Thrawn trilogy introduced Luuke Skywalker, and for that reason I'm so glad they're not going to be what the new movies are about.

When I saw the helmetless Stormie I laughed like madman and thought that it's not a real trailer, but a fake one.

Maybe he has just dropped his helmet. That guy looked like 1) he's running away from something or 2) he had just totally messed something.

Nice trailer, though. Can't say I agree with everything they decided to put in it (Football-R2? Oil-tank-speeder?), but as a trailer, it is nice.

You know, as an aside, conversely, I'm actually looking forward to Jurassic world based on their trailer, though.. It looks to not only ask the question of whether Hammond's idea was the right one, but also whether trying to commercialize it would inevitably lead to the results of the first film. Also the soundtrack pays homage to its predecessor while still keeping its own identity. Lastly, seeing a coalcanth in a JP film is abundantly cool. I do so hope that the level of acting and writing are at least on par with the first.. If so it could actually be the sequel the series deserves.. /aside

Now I want to see Jurassic Star Wars.

//Edit. Smilie-go-away.

Nice trailer, though. Can't say I agree with everything they decided to put in it (Football-R2? Oil-tank-speeder?), but as a trailer, it is nice.

Now I want to see Jurassic Star Wars.

//Edit. Smilie-go-away.

First thing I thought of.. (Not exactly spaceships, but still..)

[img src=http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11112/111125557/3394449-3072628869-ch950.jpg] [\spoiler]

Edit__

(Phone's acting a bit wonky with IMG and spoiler tags, so the image might not show and instead just be a link. Sorry bout that :| )

The last book of the Thrawn trilogy introduced Luuke Skywalker, and for that reason I'm so glad they're not going to be what the new movies are about.

I bet it did not stop you about looking at Episode II... what's so weird about having clones in Star Wars?

Seems too early to tell from the trailer how good/bad the movie will be.  Saw this online and thought it was funny though:

qFA8sBa.jpg

• Like 1

I'll just quote what I typed over at LF, it's my opinion;

So nobody even opted that the "stormtrooper" could be as much stormtrooper as Luke and Han in IV?

People...

Totally "don't care" about the saber-thing...

The Millennium shot looks cheap, but I can see why if it's still a year away.

So overall conclusion; I can't make a conclusion at this point yet... why bother discussing it for the coming year when we can chill and just do something else razz.gif

As for canon, I can't give a damn about canon. Lot's of really awful stuff was written and made, TOR replaced the KOTOR-series and apparently "canon" was often said as reason why it couldn't give a KOTOR3 anyway (screw you!) and I've always been irked by people thinking *I should* play LSF Exile cause 'canon'... yeah, glad to be rid of it myself.

• Like 1

As for the for the force awakens..looks good but I hope there not on tatooine im very much tiered of that dust ball need something new as for the effect at first it felt a bit strange but after watching it 900+ times I dont see it anymore it looks good, but ill have to wait for any future trailer or news before judging it, I hope there's a deep focus on the force and morality not the stupid "this is light and this is dark pick a side!" But more like how Keira views the force and how the voss mystics see it, grey

In all honesty the only movie out of the "original" trilogy and prequels combined I like the empire strikes back I don't even bother with the others. I hope the new trilogy will be greater then any before, something I can get attached to. Unlike eps 1-6 the story was alright but I never really felt like I was on the edge of my seat, no only the old republic era provided me with that feeling it's my deepest wish that when the force awakens comes out, it will wreck the world in a good way....and from what I've seen star wars is in God hands as for the saber I'm perfectly fine with itbut people keep saying it's "impractical" for the user , please it's only as impractical as the fool that wields it, a good kreia quote will do wonders "A lightsaber - any weapon - only achieves worth in how it is wielded - in the effort, the struggle of one who holds it. Such a weapon does not make a Jedi or a Sith. And at times, it makes them much, much less than they are"

Ehh, the crossguard saber I can live with. Although it's still a ridiculously stupid design, EU-based or not. You try swinging that in the heat of fast-paced combat, with the hilt probably rotating in your grip, you're more than likely to singe your own wrists, if not sever them.

Word around the speculation campfire is that the plot is gonna be centered around Anakin's lightsaber that Luke lost in ESB. Because apparently there are no Jedi or some nonsense, and nobody knows how to build a proper lightsaber anymore, so they're hunting down Anakin's to learn how the thing is supposed to be built. And it somehow ended up on Tattooine. This also explains why the cross-saber looks like a a flame and not laser beam and has these little blades. Because an amateur built it.

That's utterly impossible, it fell down the ventilation shafts? Or main ventilation system along with Luke s hand so unless it landed some were like a ledge or there's a bottom floor to that place that sabers deep in Bespins core it probably got crushed on its way down.