VarsityPuppet

Star Wars Episode VII :The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer

Wasn't that a major plot point to the last book in the thrawn trilogy? The one that produced Luuke Skywalker?

Guess MrPhil can finally be happy about something 

Maybe it dropped from the sky to someone's head? There's those cloud-cars everywhere in Bespin anyway.

Oh man, I just realized if this is really about Luke Skywalker's hand, they really missed an opportunity to call this "Star Wars Episode VII: Hand of the Force"

• Like 3

Wasn't that a major plot point to the last book in the thrawn trilogy? The one that produced Luuke Skywalker?

Guess MrPhil can finally be happy about something 

Hey, youre snappish lol. I ain't unhappy, I just think that this story would have been better. I read the Cobra Trilogy from Zahn and it's no coincidence: he has a knack for desiging rich and interesting stories. Also, Mr. Zahn had an interesting friendship with Stackpole and reading their book was very interesting and would have given us some very interesting material for movies. I guess I just don't like the "Star Wars for kids" direction the franchise has taken lately. The one thing I was looking foward too was the game that got cancelled. Also, I've read a lot of star wars books and some of the more interesting were the ones that got out of the classic star wars novels like Death Troopers. Would have made an interesting star wars movie :)

Hey, youre snappish lol. I ain't unhappy, I just think that this story would have been better. I read the Cobra Trilogy from Zahn and it's no coincidence: he has a knack for desiging rich and interesting stories. Also, Mr. Zahn had an interesting friendship with Stackpole and reading their book was very interesting and would have given us some very interesting material for movies. I guess I just don't like the "Star Wars for kids" direction the franchise has taken lately. The one thing I was looking foward too was the game that got cancelled. Also, I've read a lot of star wars books and some of the more interesting were the ones that got out of the classic star wars novels like Death Troopers. Would have made an interesting star wars movie :D

If the trailer is any indication, we're going away from the "Star Wars" for kids tone. (I hope so anyways)

• Like 1

Hey, youre snappish lol. I ain't unhappy, I just think that this story would have been better. I read the Cobra Trilogy from Zahn and it's no coincidence: he has a knack for desiging rich and interesting stories. Also, Mr. Zahn had an interesting friendship with Stackpole and reading their book was very interesting and would have given us some very interesting material for movies. I guess I just don't like the "Star Wars for kids" direction the franchise has taken lately. The one thing I was looking foward too was the game that got cancelled. Also, I've read a lot of star wars books and some of the more interesting were the ones that got out of the classic star wars novels like Death Troopers. Would have made an interesting star wars movie :)

People have viewed Star Wars as for kids, since the original trilogy. (Probably due to the toys or "action figures" being tied to the license. Which I always thought was funny, since they basically marketed a show that regularly shows dismemberment and numerous on-screen deaths to children)

Ironically the movies are actually the least geared toward adults in comparison to most of the EU material. (Yeah there was Droids series and that unnamed wookie special, but they were fairly rare.)

Zahn's Novels even started an entire string of adult-centered novels which had some honestly pretty dark, and basically "mature" content which eventually became the Expanded Universe most of us are familiar with. That said, of the EU, the biggest standout of Star Wars for adults was the Dark Horse comics which were the darkest and most mature by far. (Legacy of the Force has a protagonist who abuses drugs as part of the story, for instance.)

So basically, as long as the new movie doesn't overtly ommit mature topics or force bad writing, it should remain reasonable for Star Wars to still be inclusive for adults, but since they are abolishing the EU, it will be the defacto standard for Star Wars entertainment, and if it does either of those things, all of the new content may follow suit. (Which I think would be bad)

As a semi-sidenote, some of the new "kids" stuff has some pretty adult writing , such as that new Rebels show. It has all of the EU detail properly listed, and even includes the ISB as the antagonists instead of the typical Empire at large. It also broaches topics from each character's point of view, so you can see things from the perspective of the adult characters. In fact, there is only one "young" character in the main character list, and the story doesn't just focus around him, but rather the crew.

So I think there is still hope for Star Wars content for adults even if the movie ends up not being designed for them. We just may have to look in unusual places to find it...

I'm not against the fact that Star Wars be aimed for kids too, hell, I've been interested to Star Wars AS a kid. But let's face-it, a lot of people did criticize the Ewoks and even more bashed on Jar-Jar, which did not bother me that much. What I did not like was the Clone Wars series, which, for example, introduced the Duchess Satine (which I consider is a shallow character, with a lot of childish dialog and simple minded ideas) and basically ruined the Mandalorian image more than Revan ever did while beating them :P

I thought the Clone Wars series was one of the best things to happen to the Star Wars Universe since Empire..but that's just me.

I'm not against the fact that Star Wars be aimed for kids too, hell, I've been interested to Star Wars AS a kid. But let's face-it, a lot of people did criticize the Ewoks and even more bashed on Jar-Jar, which did not bother me that much. What I did not like was the Clone Wars series, which, for example, introduced the Duchess Satine (which I consider is a shallow character, with a lot of childish dialog and simple minded ideas) and basically ruined the Mandalorian image more than Revan ever did while beating them :P

Revan din't destroy the mandalorian culture.

He just exploited it a lot.

The damn duchess destroyed the whole culture, and should have died at the hands of a true mandalorian. They make it so true mandalorians are the evil characters, no, they just have an warrior culture.

• Like 1

The damn duchess destroyed the whole culture, and should have died at the hands of a true mandalorian. They make it so true mandalorians are the evil characters, no, they just have an warrior culture.

I do agree with what you say, Sir!

I'm iffy on the mandalorians I admire there fortitude ability to fight the jedi and republic without the aid of the force but at times I find there twisted view on life absolutely infuriating, like how they were committing genocide on a slew of species on the outer rim call those that show merry and compassion "weak" and there disregard for the life of others beings but there quest to fight a good fight is understandable as well as there strength...meh there alright I guess and satien had a good mind set but the thing is I hate pacifism

Almost as much as I senseless slaughter, (I'm looking at you darksiders) the mandilorians under the Kenobi's wiafu need to be both peaceful and ready to do battle to the death if to effectively rule and protect her people for me the last straw would've been when the youth of madalore were poisoned...

So nobody even opted that the "stormtrooper" could be as much stormtrooper as Luke and Han in IV?

It was hard to notice in the quick-cut of the trailer, but on the 'trading cards' you can clearly see that the stormy in the middle is noticeably shorter than the others.... I suspect our short stomry and surprised stormy are one and the same.  And you are absolutely correct.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/12/11/star-wars-the-force-awakens-character-names/

Oya!

I'm iffy on the mandalorians I admire there fortitude ability to fight the jedi and republic without the aid of the force but at times I find there twisted view on life absolutely infuriating, like how they were committing genocide on a slew of species on the outer rim call those that show merry and compassion "weak" and there disregard for the life of others beings but there quest to fight a good fight is understandable as well as there strength...meh there alright I guess and satien had a good mind set but the thing is I hate pacifism

Almost as much as I senseless slaughter, (I'm looking at you darksiders) the mandilorians under the Kenobi's wiafu need to be both peaceful and ready to do battle to the death if to effectively rule and protect her people for me the last straw would've been when the youth of madalore were poisoned...

I'm not sure which of us you're referring to, but I don't see how showing compassion is weak - maybe it's related to Kreia's teachings on Nar Shaddaa, but I don't recall any notable Mandalorian leaders saying such. And the genocides in the early days of the war (which I was always against) were meant to goad the Republic, to draw them out into a full war, to show them what would happen if they didn't protect their people.

For the record, Satine Kryze is an absolute hu'tuun who doesn't deserve the validation of being called cuy'val dar.

Genocide is genocide if you want to goad the republic then goad the republic not innocent cathar  

I personally agree with you, but Mandalore the Ultimate and Cassus Fett believed that it was the only way to properly get the Republic to fight. That and Serocco.

I personally agree with you, but Mandalore the Ultimate and Cassus Fett believed that it was the only way to properly get the Republic to fight. That and Serocco.

Except Serroco was glassed due to the Mandalorians feeling insulted, rather than to goad the Republic.

Well, it's technically galactic slang for "Nuked into the Stone Age".

Although, the Stereb cities were sandstone based, so they probably actually turned to glass.

(nuclear fission superheated it to the point its sand molecules fused..etc)

Except Serroco was glassed due to the Mandalorians feeling insulted, rather than to goad the Republic.

Depends who you ask - Mandalore said it was in response to the dishonourable tactics the Republic used, Cassus Fett said it was to show the Republic we weren't afraid to use extreme force.

Depends who you ask - Mandalore said it was in response to the dishonourable tactics the Republic used, Cassus Fett said it was to show the Republic we weren't afraid to use extreme force.

Bunch of pussies, the Republic!

• Like 1

How can you have a Star Wars movie with the Millennium Falcon when the actors who played Han Solo (Harrison Ford) and Lando Calrissian (Billy Dee Williams) are in their 60s or 70s by now? Even the actor who played Wedge Antilles (though only while he was piloting his X-wing), Denis Lawson, not only turned down the role of Captain Raymus Antilles in Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, but also turned down a chance to reprise his original role in this movie.

How can you have a Star Wars movie with the Millennium Falcon when the actors who played Han Solo (Harrison Ford) and Lando Calrissian (Billy Dee Williams) are in their 60s or 70s by now?

Well... It is set 30 years later, after all.