-
Posts
25 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Forum & Tracker Requests
Downloads
Gallery
Store
Events
Everything posted by Erdan5
-
Hello all. I am a new modder compared to most of the community, who has ambitious ideas and projects in mind for the KOTOR games, specifically KOTOR II given its rushed development and lots of cut content. We thankfully got the Sith Lords Restored Content Mod that restores or adapts many cut content into a playable platform for the game, and most of the time the cut content in the Restored Content mod is spot on. However, there are a few things in TSLRCM that are kind of put in a way that makes it look incomplete, rushed, or forcibly put in. The extra content between Mandalore the Preserver, (Canderous Ordo), and Visas Marr is one of them, (other than the inclusion of Kaeve of course). I will argue this: The whole Ravager level itself is pretty weird. I am not just saying this for TSLRCM, but the vanilla game as well. Let us explore the problems with the Ravager level near the endgame of KOTOR II. Let us start with the first thing we need to address: Mandalore and Visas’s dialogue. In the original game dialogues, we have a dialogue called “852mand.dlg”. The dialogue, as written by one of the original game devs, has a note saying that Canderous/Mandalore is lying injured on the ground, and Visas Marr walks up to him and heals him with the Force. As Visas says these words, it reminds Mandalore of Revan, and he goes up to his feet to explain the hidden war and threat Revan learned of in the Unknown Regions that Mandalore knows of. The dialogue is kind of different depending on whether the player decides for the story Revan was male or female, light or dark, but overall, the context is the same. In TSLRCM, Mandalore the Preserver, (Canderous Ordo) steps on a random invisible mine that injures him right as he, alongside Visas Marr and the Exile, leave the bridge. That is how his injury is portrayed in TSRLCM initially, and then Visas walks over and heals him through the Force, and they exchange dialogue about Revan. In later revisions, and in the latest revision of TSLRCM, Mandalore stepping on a mine was revised in favor of something that makes more sense. The mine made no sense whatsoever, so later on it was changed to this: When the trio try to run out of the bridge, Darth Nihilus’s body erupts into dark side energies and fades away in it, (just like in the vanilla game and in earlier TSLRCM versions when Canderous gets injured), only except this time, the dark energies emit lightning at the trio, and zaps them all and seems to have hurt Mandalore the most, causing him to be injured and the whole scenario plays out the same again. I would like to state my problems here. Though the newest revised version of the Mandalore and Visas scene on the Ravager makes hundreds of times more sense than some random invisible mine, it still feels forced for many reasons. The first one is perhaps this: If Visas is still alive and wants to look at the fallen Nihilus, Mandalore says: "What the hell are you doing up there? WE NEED TO GET OFF THIS SHIP. NOW." Mandalore suddenly having a conversation with Visas right afterwards seem out of place to me. Now, I could be wrong: But isn't it stated that the Ravager is held by Nihilus's will? If Nihilus is dead, then either the ship will fall apart, (a thing that for a curious reason doesn't even happen in the vanilla game), or it will be disabled and then crash into Citadel Station. Even if none of that is true, they still need to blow up the Ravager in order for the Sith invasion of Telos to be over. Of course, I can be looking too much into small details like these, but it is worth noting. Plus, the lightning attack, while making some sense, seems to be like an active deliberate entity that injured Canderous, and that can mistake players and make them wonder if Nihilus somehow transferred into the trio or that Nihilus still exists in some form elsewhere and that is certainly not the case. We also have to consider that in the dark side alternate path where you choose to sacrifice Visas, Nihilus combusts into dark side energy but there is no “lightning side-effect attack” happening, which would make this even more out of place. Also, how would the lightning wound Mandalore and not the player and Visas? One could say it is because Mandalore is not Force-sensitive, but…I don't know, it still sounds weird to me. Most of all though....the whole scene looks a little forced. I appreciate the effort into trying to make sense of and trying to adapt it into TSLRCM, but personally it is one of those few things that don't fit well with me. It looks kind of out of place and is just...there. There is also the fact that the context is weird too. Not only is the player, the Jedi Exile, just standing there while Mandalore and Visas talk as if there is just the two of them, but the whole scene, (and the original dialogue files that were cut off the game that the scene was loosely based off of), imply that the Exile isn't there at all. Probably the weirdest thing surrounding the conversation is the lack of the Exile/player’s involvement. They are just standing there and Visas and Mandalore’s dialogue, based on the situation and wording, makes it seem like there are just two of them. This leads me to the next big problem, not just for TSLRCM, but the vanilla game as well: The player’s weird role in the Ravager level. Back at the Battle for Citadel Station, Mandalore tells you that he will have to leave for some time to gather the Mandalorian clans and forces to help him and you infiltrate the Ravager ship, and he even says he will rejoin you on the way to the Ravager or something like that. When you go to the place where a shuttle will take you to the Ravager, Mandalore and his forces appear and say they will join with you on the Ravager, and Visas Marr says she will come with the Exile. The shuttle then goes to the Ravager, and then the three of the characters are on the Ravager. I went to an old message discussion on the DeadlyStream Discord and according to memory, the shuttle's very flight and how the trio got onto the Ravager seems a little off, but let's put that aside for now, as it is the least of my concerns right now. What is perhaps really weird is that sometimes, the Exile seems to be actually legit with Mandalore and Visas, while other times, it just seems to be Visas and Mandalore or maybe even just Mandalore. For example, when the Mandalorians first attack the Sith troopers in a way that is similar to the Stormtrooper attack at the beginning of A New Hope, the Mandalorians, (was it Zuka or Kelborn? Can’t remember) talk to Mandalore about the ship and all but it seems like Mandalore is the only one there. They talk about how the Ravager is from Malachor and all, and Mandalore seems to imply based off of his dialogue with that he wants to remind the galaxy or the Republic of Malachor by blowing up the Ravager and he even doesn’t want the Republic fleet to detect or know of the proton cores that he and the Mandalorians have shipped aboard. This implies that Mandalore came to the Ravager for a different reason. Now, I again could be looking too much into this, but this is something worth noting in my opinion as well. Then there is the fact that Visas Marr, (who apparently pops out of nowhere and the player/Exile is nowhere present), asks Mandalore what he was talking about, in which he replies, “Nothing you need to worry about Sith” and in TSLRCM, they threaten to kill each other if they pose a threat to each other, (I don’t know if the dialogue and how it is presented in the restored content is chronological or something else, I swear I heard somewhere that the dialogue was meshed together). The 851NIH module in the Ravager in general seems to be about just Mandalore and perhaps Visas Marr with him. Whenever the player plants a proton core bomb in certain sections of the Ravager, Zuka always addresses the player as "Mandalore" and the responses the player gives to the Mandalorian is akin to something Mandalore would say and command. Despite them calling for Mandalore, it is the Exile that is talking back to them. Strange. This is evident in the part where Zuka adresses the player as Mandalore and says that Sith troops are coming in, and the player responds back to them, but Zuka is supposed to be talking to Mandalore! Again, I am kind of repeating myself, but there are some legit scenes that cannot make sense without the Exile, (such as Colonel Tobin's scene or Visas Marr's mdeitation chamber scene). And again, there is a lot that just is off in the Ravager, mostly TSLRCM but still obvious in vanilla too. There are even more problems that I notice, but let's leave it there for now and focus on the core problems for now. I know there is the Unofficial TSLRCM Tweak Pack that makes it behave like the vanilla game and omits the "out of place" elements, but I want to make the cut content implemented and most likely adapted in some way, shape, or form that makes the Ravager level feel more “complete” and feel like the situations in them are logical and rational. I know there is a mod by Zbyl2 called “Ravager Rewrite” that makes much more sense, but honestly, I want to make my own version where these core things are kept: 1: Mandalore gets injured by someone or something, and Visas Marr heals him and they have their talk. I want this scene to happen BEFORE the bridge confronting Nihilus, whether it is 852NIH or 851NIH, (maybe it could differ depending on your choices?) and the player is not present for this. I would like to even propose that perhaps this whole scene and conversation is not even a mandatory event to happen in the level/story, and that this could be a result of one of the alternate paths the player could choose. 2: I want the placing of the proton cores quest just be for Mandalore and perhaps even Visas Marr with him, but no Exile/player. How this works and all is unknown to me. 3: Mandalore and Visas Marr and the Exile could be involved in these possible ways: Either Mandalore and Visas go to the Ravager first and the Exile joins later, (perhaps as a result of the circumstance or choice the Exile/player goes through), or the three go there, but something splits them, or maybe a hybrid combination of elements from both, (again, could be because of the player's choices and alternate paths). 4: I want all three to be in the Darth Nihilus fight, hence why Mandalore could say: “What the hell are you doing up there? We need to get off this ship now!” At some point in the Ravager level, I want all three people to be in the fight on the bridge of 852NIH. 5: If it is possible, I want to make this mod compatible with TSLRCM, not as a true update to TSLRCM itself of course, but as a mod that can be compatible with TSLRCM, (maybe even make TSLRCM required for the mod to work). How to make that work is a difficult question, (at least for me, haha. I am bad of a modder when it comes to compatibility). Maybe I can make it that the “Unofficial Tweak Pack” that removes the Mandalore and Visas changes from TSLRCM are required for this mod to work? I don't know. So, with all that said: This mod is definetly greenlit. I havn't begun official development and production yet because the one thing that is holding me back is how The Ravager: Expanded Edition mod will even work story-wise. That is why I wanted to bring it up here, (if it is alright to), and open to brainstorming and discusion on how to make this mod work, (and if anyone is up for it, perhaps maybe collaborate with me on this project.) (MPORTANT NOTE: This story expanded mod for the Ravager plot is very most likely going to be fan-written, and fanon driven in terms of story. In other words, it is not going to be true restored content that is trying to be faithful to the original intention. The reason why is because just like the GenoHaradan sub-plot, there is little to no information we can get off of to make a cohesive faithful recreation of whatever slightly expanded role The Ravager is or was going to get, hence why this greenlit mod will take creative liberties and custom ideas. The core motive here is to not restore faithful cut content, but rather adapt elements of the cut content and make it logically and rationally make more sense with the game we got.)
-
-
Hey Wilde Karrde. Interesting mod! Question: Other than the PartySwap, (the Patch version without the PartySwap item), I have the following mods installed: The Unofficial TSLRCM Tweak Pack, (only components 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6), the KOTOR 2 Community Patch, GenoHaradan Legacy mod, the Extended Enclave mod with the Extended Enclave Tweaks installed along, the TSL Expanded Ending, the Train the Handmaiden mod, the Coruscant Jedi Temple mod, and the "Kreia's Fall Cutscene (In-game)" mod. Any one of these have the files that you listed are incompatible with your mod here?
-
To clarify what I mean here I said that Darth Nihilus in my weird head-canon/fanfic was originally Mandalore the Ultimate BEFORE he became Darth Nihilus, the leader of the Mandos that started the Mandalorian Wars, and I am trying to apply logic to that. As for your idea though, I always wondered if Nihilus can and have lived on in his mask and possess people like Momin, (the Sith you mentioned), from the New Canon, or if there is something else going on. There is a Tabletop book called "Unknown Regions" and one of its mini-adventures is called the "Mask of Darth Nihilus". In that mini-adventure, it has interesting lore bits on Nihilus's mask, but it doesn't seem like he outright possesses people, at least from what I have gotten from it, but who knows. Regardless though, this is a headcanon and theory thread so talking about what seems "official" or not is irrelvant to the topic of the post, (especially since Mandalore the Ultimate is for sure not Nihilus in the real KOTOR lore but he is in one of my fanfic/headcanon idea story).
- 20 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- head canon
- lore
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Kind of a weird head-canon/fanfic idea, but Mandalore the Ultimate is the future Darth Nihilus. I have no idea how to make that work though, haha.
- 20 replies
-
- head canon
- lore
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Okay, I learned some new information. First of all, it seems like both TSLRCM and vanilla TSL in KOTOR II have the fadeout transparent effect. I have seen some playthroughs for both versions on YouTube where the transparent fadeout happens. It seems like all of the YouTube playthroughs that DO have the transparent fadeout effect are Xbox or older PC. It seems like PC playtrhough videos from 7 years ago to now seem to have what I have: The solid "DestroyObject" effect. I set the script to both "TRUE" or "FALSE", and even used the "DelayCommand" for DestroyObject, and no fadeout. I then came to the conclusion that it was a video card rendering and/or graphics issue. I tried changing the graphics in a variety of ways, both in-game and in AMD settings, but it doesn't do anything rather than change the "sithritual001" cloud effect's texture. I shared the savegame with a modder on the OpenKOTOR Discord, and it seem like in their playthrough of that save, which is Steam version, specifically Steam Proton Linux, there is no fadeout either. Regardless of what graphics or anything that I do, whether it is edited or default, the fadeout doesn't happen, but it works for Darth Sion and even Darth Traya. Is there something "broken" about PCs to render this properly, or is it perhaps not a graphics thing either and is another issue entirely?
-
Hello. I have installed the Mandalore-Visas Marr added scenes tweak pack on my computer. However, I also wanted to install this mod as well....https://deadlystream.com/files/file/196-nihilus-zombies-death/ The two mods seem to be incompatible with each other. Any chance the tweak pack could be updated to have compatibility with the mod linked above please? If not, that's okay. EDIT: Unrelated to the Unofficial Tweak Pack's compatbility to the Nihilus Zombie Death comment I made above, just not sure if making separate comments in this post is allowed, but I have found an issue with the Visas-Mandalore tweak component. Everything is smooth except my main PC and my companions are running from the bridge like in the original TSLRCM rather than walking normally, (the walking normally thing is something the main character and the companions do in the vanilla game without TSLRCM, which this component of the mod is trying to restore). Perhaps the biggest problem is after running from the bridge and Nihilus evaporates into the dark side cloud, Canderous/Mandalore falls down onto the floor like he does in the original TSLRCM, (without the lightning attack effect), and when it goes back to game mode it is as if it never happened that Mandalore fell down. I dunno, seems to be weird and not smooth, but it could also be how I installed the mod as well.
-
Hi Revan100. How did you make these portraits? Most of all, how did you darken Evil Atris's robes and made her skin ghostly white? Is there a reason why you decided to make Atris look ghostly? Just curious, as I want to edit Evil Atris's TGA file to match the color tones of the image attached here if that is all right with you.
-
Hello. So a while back, I made a post called "Dumb question, but what graphics are required for a smooth dissaperance in a cutscene?". The post basically was about the way Darth Nihilus fades away as he dissolves into a red "cloud" of dark side energy. Back then, I didn't have the game yet, and now I do. There are some playtrhough videos on YouTube of KOTOR II, both TSLRCM and TSL vanilla, that have Darth Nihilus fade away gradually and become transparent before completely vanishing in the red cloud. The way he vanishes into the scarlet red dark side "smoke" looks super clean and transitions nicely, his model fades and becomes more transparent as he fades away in the cloud. However, there are other playthroughs of the game, both vanilla and TSLRCM, in which he doesn't vanish the same way as others. Instead, he just glitches out of existence after the dark side energies combust out of him without fading gradually and becoming more transparent. His model just stays the same before he just pops out of existence in the cloud. I really like the effect where his model becomes transparent and fades away in the cloud, as it looks more realistic and looks like a visually stunning effect, but in my own personal playthrough of the game, my fear was true. He just glitches out of existence, the one where he doesn't become transparent. I made a video of what I want the death of Nihilus to look like vs what I have in my actual game. I want to make him become transparent and fade out gradually, but I don't know if it is graphic or resolution issues or a script thing. To give you more context, here is what I have on my game. I have the GOG version of the game, (Good Old Games), specifically the GOG Galaxy version of the game. I am running this on a Nimo Gaming laptop. I had installed TSLRCM to my computer, then I installed the Unofficial TSLRCM Tweak Pack, specifically the tweak that removes the Visas Marr and Mandalore conversation on the Ravager and makes the cutscenes run like in the vanilla game. The footage you see is from my game with those mods installed. I then began to wonder if this was a product of the Tweak Pack and/or TSLRCM, so I uninstalled those mods and played the save game of that level vanilla, but same result, (to be fair though, I was playing from the same save after I uninstalled the mods, so I dunno). This is all REALLY weird because I myself am making a mod where I use the sithritual001 effect on Darth Sion in the final battle level with him on Malachor V, and he has the transparent gradual fadeout but somehow Nihilus doesn't. You can see a snippet of my "earlier revision" of the Darth Sion mod here, where he is seen fading out and becoming transparent. I want to find the root of this problem, mind if anyone helps me please? Help would be greatly appreciated. Darth Nihilus fadeout.mp4 Video Project 4.mp4
-
Okay, given I am a beginner to modding, I guess I am going to do an easier way for now until I get better. (I am still trying to get the gist of things). My simpler new plan for now is to make Darth Sion collapse to the floor dead and have the "sithritual001" effect play out and dissolve his body, but I am okay if the cutscene ends when Sion falls to the floor and it goes to gameplay mode. My problem is how do I destroy his body, which is tagged "remains"?
-
Okay, thanks. So what I did in detail was this: I created an all new script. I called it "a_sion_effect" and put it in "script 2" that is underneath "script 1" in the node where Sion's death animation plays, (which is a_sion), and that is where I ended up. The part of the dialogue editor I made can be viewed in this screenshot below... As for what I out in the "a_sion_effect" script, I basically put it like this: void main() { object oDarthSion = GetObjectByTag("DarthSion", 0); location lSion = GetLocation(oDarthSion); AssignCommand(GetModule(), DelayCommand(3.0, AssignCommand(GetFirstPC(), PlaySound("v_pro_lightning")))); AssignCommand(GetModule(), DelayCommand(3.0, CreateObject(64, "sithritual001", lSion, 0))); AssignCommand(GetModule(), DelayCommand(3.5, DestroyObject(oDarthSion, 0.0, 0, 0.1, 0))); AssignCommand(GetModule(), DelayCommand(6.5, DestroyObject(GetObjectByTag("SithRitualEffect", 0), 0.0, 0, 0.0, 0))); } So yeah, that is how I got to where I was. Thanks for the advice. I am trying to learn how to apply new camera shots and make new cameras, but I will try to do so. So, for clarification, do I do this in a script or do I actually have to do module editing to do it efficiently? Like editing the GIT file or something like that?
-
-
To clarify, let me explain my background on this topic and my problems here. So, a while back, I made this post in "mod requests" where I asked for a mod with new content and effects to be made. I don't need to worry about the new cutscenes and all of that, as I learned now the basic common sense of mod compatibility. (A lot of the things I requested for on that post back then I don't need to do now, I can simply make Extended Enclave and the Unofficial TSLRCM Tweak Pack compatible with my game, so no problem with that). There was one final thing I requested in that post though. What I requested was that Darth Sion and Darth Traya at the end of the game of KOTOR II dissolve into dark side energy in the same effect and style as Darth Nihilus. After a bit of consideration, I decided to make the mod where Sion and Traya die this way myself. I have experimented a lot throughout the months, and have learned much. However, there are a few frustrating things about my experimentations. My main modding tool I am using most of the time is Holocron Toolset, (because I am a noobie beginner). The main reason why I want to do the "dark side death effect" for Sion in this mod is mostly because I think the effect is cool, (and for Sion's case, was inspired by his death scene in KOTOR fan-film YouTuber DarthYcey's version of his death). In the vanilla game, after Sion says his last words of dialogue: "I am glad to leave this place, at last.", he lets himself die for good and falls to the floor. During this whole process, once Sion starts falling dead and before he even finishes falling to the floor, the mode of the game reverts from cutscene mode to gameplay mode. After he dies, you can loot his body which is tagged "remains" in gameplay. For my mod, my plan is to have Sion collapse and fall to the floor dead like in the actual game, but once he is fully dead on the floor, (or perhaps when he is right going to be), he suddenly emits a cloud of dark side energy that looks like Darth Nihilus's dark side cloud, and he fades away and vanishes in the cloud. The whole time this process plays out, it is in cutscene mode. So yeah. I found the script for the effect, and I found the placeable for the effect, (sithritual001), and I managed to suceed in my effect, (to an extent). The problem is that I don't know how to pause or extend the duration of a cutscene and let the effect happen. Whenever I let the scene play out, it either results in the cutscene mode reverting to gameplay mode in the middle of this effect happening and Sion leaving "remains" behind after the effect finishes. I will attach a recorded video snippet from my tested gameplay to show you visually. Star Wars_ Knights of the Old Republic II_ The Sith Lords 2026-04-27 16-00-40.mp4 So yeah, there is my problem. I don't know what to do. I kind of want him to fully collapse to the floor then have the "sithritual001" placeable effect and script playing. I also want to make that whole effect, (Sion collapsing to the floor, go through "DestroyObject" by sithritual001 and leave no remains) in cutscene mode, so that is why I asked to extend the duration of the cutscene. (P.S., the mod I planned for this mod is planned to be a private one, as I don't think that anyone would want this mod anyways if it were public. Just to let you know).
-
Voice the main protagonist
Erdan5 replied to Elayerfawkes45's topic in Knights of the Old Republic General
Sorry, thanks for letting me know! -
Voice the main protagonist
Erdan5 replied to Elayerfawkes45's topic in Knights of the Old Republic General
That custom model is so awesome! What programs and/or tools did you use? -
Hello. As of right now, just to let you know, I have a really old computer, and so I won't be attempting to do KOTOR modding until I get a new computer. With that being said, once I get a new computer and start doing KOTOR modding, I am planning on doing a pretty ambitious project for KOTOR II. So, we all know what Darth Nihilus's model looks like in KOTOR II right? Well, my goal for this mod is to make a new model for Darth Nihilus that is based off of more of the concept art and fanart of Darth Nihilus online, where he has loose wraith-like silk robes instead of the more bulky, leather robes seen in the game. Reference pictures here.... So yeah, kind of an ambitious project, however, I would like to know if making a model like this even works for the game's engine and animation, and if I could make loose, wraith silk-like robes that can move smoothly in the game's animation and engine. If I can't do this, what do you suggest would be the closest way to make a model that looks very similar to this? If this is possible in the game, what do you recommend I do when creating this model? Could I make it in Blender and port it to KOTOR II? Or is there another way? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
-
What are some good KOTOR modding tools?
Erdan5 replied to Erdan5's topic in General Kotor/TSL Modding
Thank you very much. Okay then. Yeah, I should have been saying what I wanted to achieve with this mod. So this mod I am planning to make is a bit ambitious. Basically my plan was to create an entirely new, original humanoid character in Blender, and then port it to KOTOR to replace the Darth Nihilus NPC in cutscenes and gameplay. -
Hello there. As you may know, I am new to how to download mods and all in KOTOR, as I have only ever played the vanilla games. However, I am considering making mods of my own to make about KOTOR, and I would like some recommendations for the best KOTOR script and/or mod editor(s) for the games. Anyone have any recommendations that I can do? (Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask).
-
Hi. Just to let you guys know that stopped playing KOTOR II years ago and I no longer own it. However, that is going to change as sometime soon I am going to get KOTOR II again on PC and when this happens, I am going to attempt doing or getting mods. Anyways, from what I'm getting here, is it true that you can't control the "fadeout" effect in a cutscene in KOTOR and that it happens at random? Given I am new here and to modding, I would like to know if there is any way I can "code" the game to always do the "fadeout" effect, as for me personally I like that visual effect. Btw, I notice in some YouTube commentary walkthroughs, the red energies that stem from Nihilus's body are less cloudy and smaller than the version I have played and other people have played. For example, this moment in this video shows the dark side smoke stemming from his body to not be as cloudy as the other gameplays compared to what is depicted to the other two videos I have posted in the first post of this thread. Another thing is Darth Nihilus collapses dead to the floor and it seems to be consistent as to what spot he falls down and lands on. However, in some videos, he falls down a different angle and different position than usual. For both of these scenarios, are they just the script changing again too? Or something else?
-
If my question for the title is confusing, this is what I mean in clarification... In this moment in this video, we see Darth Nihilus combust into scarlet smoke-like energies. The thing is, the way he vanishes into the smoke looks super clean and transitions nicely. In contrast, this video shows the same thing, but Nihilus doesn't vanish the way he does in the previous link. In the second video, he just glitches out of existence after the dark side energies combust out of him without fading like in the previous video. My question is....are they different because of different graphics and/or resolution? Or is there something else going on? I have seen some gameplay videos for TSLRCM that had Nihilus fade away in neat quality as the energies leave his body, and I have also seen other gameplay videos for TSLRCM that had Nihilus not transitionally fade away, but just glitch out of existence. I know that this is a dumb question, but again, regardless if it is for TSLRCM or just vanilla game, is it different depending on the graphics and/or resolution you have for the game?
-
I would like to request a mod with new visual effects, cutscenes and skins
Erdan5 replied to Erdan5's topic in Mod Requests
First of all, thank you for responding. I appreciate that. Second of all, I will clarify on some of the things I said to give you better context. No, that is not what I meant. What I meant to say is it has all of the content that was included in TSLRCM, but it won't be TSLRCM itself. I have to be honest, I don't know how mods work for KOTOR, how to install them and all of that. As you might know, I recently registered on Deadlystream. Before that, I have only ever played the vanilla KOTOR games but never involved with and downloaded any mods. Because of that, I am a real noob concerning how installing mods work and stuff like that. Thanks for the info. I just thought it would be nice to reskin Darth Sion to make him look more rotten as we near the climax. If there is any advice you will give me on this matter, please let me know. Let me start with Darth Traya/Kreia. The only real reason why I thought it would be cool to see Traya/Kreia flare up into dark side energies is mostly because of her appearance and powers. Yes, I know she hates the Force and is against it, but as she says in the game "I use it as I would wield a poison". So though she hates the Force, she still wields its tremoundous power for her own advantage for her goals. As we know of Traya/Kreia, other than having immense cunning, wisdom, and strategy, she also is pretty powerful in the Force too. She was powerful enought to overthrow Darth Sion when she returned to Malachor V, (I could be looking at the scene the wrong way though). She also can use the Force to levitate many purple lightsabers to attack the Exile. However, my main reason why I thought it would be cool for Traya/Kreia to go out this way other than all of the reasons I explained above is because of her appearance. As Darth Traya, her true form and appearance, she has really ashy grey-white skin that has no pigment anymore, and she seems to have black veins that can be loosely seen under her ash grey-white skin. She looks like she is paler than even Darth Sidious from the movies, as Darth Traya, especially before her betrayal by Nihilus and Sion, she seemed to have mastered the dark side of the Force a lot that it took a toll on her body. But what really sells me is the pitch black eyes that she has. Overall, she has the appearance of an ancient and pale black eyed female ghoul that has immersed so much in the dark side like a "poison" as she described. That was why I thought that way. Now, for Darth Sion. I see where you are getting at here of him being a "walking rotten corpse", but to be fair here is my opinion. We know that he was human and was struck down one time, but he refused to die. This left him in perpetual pain. From what I got from Darth Sion, he regenerates and rises back up again after he is killed, thought the price for his immortality is excrutiating pain. However, the dark side consumes him from the inside out, slowly rotting and decomposing his undead body. I would like to imagine that over time, the dark side begins to burn his body more and more, (hence why I suggested he looks more rotten in the climax of the game for this mod), and eventually, when he finally lets himself die, all of the dark side that he held back finally consumes his body. Basically, he "decomposes" into the dark side. His body gets eaten away by the very dark power and anger that he held and contained in his body for a long time. Plus, for someone as unnatural as Sion, I thought it would be cool if he had a special supernatural "death effect" like his partner Nihilus. But yeah, these are my opinions and why I suggested this mod. As for the mod thing, again, I didn't mean to say that this becomes and edition to TSLRCM, just that all of the content in TSLRCM is included in this mod. Again, I am a noob at how mods work, so I don't know things like how to merge a mod with another mod. For example, can you play more than one mod in the same gameplay? That is questions I have been wondering and any clarification on this would be greatly appreciated. -
Hello. Erdan5 here. Today I would like to suggest a mod for KOTOR II: The Sith Lords. It is techinically just TSLRCM, but with new visual effects, one extra cutscene, and skin changes. Here are minor changes I would like to see in the mod. This one isn't mandatory, but I would really appreciate it if someone included the deleted cutscene of Darth Sion challenging and fighting Darth Nihilus in this mod. I don't mind what other content is needed that leads up to this scene, as long as it makes sense to set up this scene. In the current TSLRCM, after you kill Darth Nihilus in a bossfight, in the cutscene that follows afterwards he erupts and vanishes into scarlet dark side energies, like in the vanilla game. However, there is a difference in the TSLRCM, as that happens, a ball of lightning appears out of the scarlet energy storm to zap and attack Canderous Ordo, injuring him and allowing us to get a cutscene with Visas and Canderous talking together. It is a nice addition, however, I would propose a slight change to this cutscene. In the normal TSLRCM, the ball of lightning that jets out of the scarlet smoke usually vanishes and before the rest of the red smoke dissipates on screen, it immediatly cuts to the next frame of Canderous and Visas being zapped, as seen in this moment in this video. For this mod, I would like to request that after the ball of lightning comes out of the red energies and vanishes, the cutscene pans longer for the red energies to completely vanish as well, and only then it cuts to the next frame of Visas and Candeorus getting electroucted. I don't know why, I just would like it if the cutscene pans longer on the ball of lightning and the red energies to completely vanish into thin air onscreen before it goes to the next frame showing Canderous and Visas being attacked. I hope you know what I am trying to say on this. Another addition of this mod I would like to request is this mod of Nihilus's slaves dying after his demise. I know that we need permission from the creator of this mod, but if possible, if they are okay with it being included in this mod, I would appreciate it if this mod of the Nihilus Slave zombies die one by one after the death of their master. One more minor change to this mod, and that is Darth Sion. Basically, for this mod, I would like to propose this: Darth Sion has his normal vanilla game skin throghout the game, but starting from the cutscene of Kreia meeting Sion again back on Malachor V and force-choking him, he has this skin in which he is much more rotten and blackned flesh. This plays into his final boss fight you have with him in the game. These are all of the slight tweaks and minor changes in this mod that I would love to see come to fruition, but here is the MAJOR change that I would like to see in this mod... What I would like to see the most in this mod is after you kill Darth Sion and also Darth Traya in their respective boss battles, their bodies vanish into a flare of red dark side energies. Basically, they go out like Darth Nihilus in this mod. For example, after you finally put an end to Darth Sion and he collapses to the floor, he vanishes in a puff of red dark side energies like Darth Nihilus. Same for Darth Traya/Kreia. After your long talk with her on visions of the future and she falls down and dies, she also vanishes in a flare of red dark side energies, and then we got the cutscene of Malachor V being destroyed by the Mass Shadow Generator. So yeah, this is my mod suggestion. Whoever is willing to make this mod, you don't have to do the Sion and Nihilus cutscene fight or the Nihilus Slave zombies dying one by one, but the rest of the suggestions for this mod I would really like to see and come to fruition. I wish I could mod but I am not skilled and have zero context and skills at modding. Whoever is willing to make this mod, you can take as long as you want in developing it. I would greatly thank and appreciate whoever is willing to make this mod.
-
On Darth Nihilus's Wookieepedia page, and a section page for The Dark_side_of_the_Force Legends page, it shows this image above of Darth Nihilus evaporating into Dark Side Force energy. The file name for this image is "NihilusDissolvesOnTheRavager", uploaded on October 22, 2020 by a user named "Ruthless Xero". The file says it is a screenshot from the game of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. However, that doesn't make any sense. In the original vanilla game, and the Restoration Content mod, (which this screenshot seems to based off of give the lightning stemming from the red dark side energies), Nihilus is killed in a bossfight with you the player, and in a cutscene, he falls down dead to the floor. It is only then that Nihilus dissolves into dark side energy and he fades away with it. The Resotration Content mod is the same, Nihilus is lying dead and dissolves into dark side energy like in the game, but when he does a burst of purple lightning comes out and zaps Canderous Ordor and Visas Marr. Given the presence of the purple lightning in this screenshot, it seems like this is from the Restoration Content Mod. However, both the vanilla game and the Content mod both show Nihilus as lying lifeless on the floor for a bit before he disintegrates into dark side energy. As shown here... So what's with the Wookieepedia image of Nihilus standing up when sublimating into dark energies? Is this another mod variant, bug, or something else? I would like to know. Any experts here who know if this is a mod or bug? If it's a bug, how common is this bug? If it's a mod, I would dearly love to know the name of this mod and if it is related to the Restored Content Mod or not. If it's a mod, is the cutscene(s) different? I have tried looking it up and can't find a mod for this. Let me know if it is just a bug too, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. (P.S., I am new here, and I love Knights of the Old Republic, especially the second one.) EDIT: It seems like the lightning in the first image where Nihilus is standing up is more thinner and has more purple to it than the second image. What version of TSLRCM is this?