About This File
This mod overhauls the appearance and attributes of Rakghoul Fiend; an alpha ghoul found in the Undercity and the Lower Sewers which seem was intended to have an unique demeanor with them.
# Background #
When facing the Rakghouls in the Undercity and the Lower Sewers, I noticed that few of the raks named as Rakghoul Fiend but I saw nothing unique about them. Well, thought that they need an unique demeanor with them; hence the fruits of labor then.
# About this Mod #
This modification makes unique appearance for the Rakghoul Fiends [complete with their own unique sound-sets] found in the Undercity and the Lower Sewers, and also bump their attributes by an
reasonable imbalance amount. Well, I didn't include a vanilla patch - guess you'll have to deal with them, luls.
One aspects of uniqueness from them is they had their body upscaled for ~+20% with different looks compared to the generic ones.
Few elements of this v1.0 skin; like the red eye - was inspired from Trex's "The Jedi Masters" Rakghoul, nuff-said - credits to Trex for make it happened.
# Final Remarks #
There's always room for improvements - critiques, comments, suggestions, questions and feedbacks for the next update are much appreciated - PM, write them on my feed or leave any on the mod's page as you please. And thank you! for downloading, and playing this mod.
Hope you enjoy the mod as much as I do!
Installation: run the installer [TSLPatcher.exe] then hit the [Install Mod ->] button!
Uninstallation: replace the installed files with what was stored inside the generated 'Backup' folder. Particularly tar_m04aa.mod and tar_m05aa.mod; put these files to the 'modules' folder manually and overwrite when prompted. Also, by keeping the installog after the installation will help you to track which files goes to where.
Compatibility: will be compatible with mostly anything - only make sure to install this mod after every mods has. Though haven't being tested with Kainzorus Prime's "[KotOR] NPC Overhaul Mod" and N-DReW25's "K1 Gameplay Improvement" installed, presumably they'll be compatible. But be advised that compatibility issue of this mod working along with them is not yet confirmed.
Will not be compatible with any mods that force-overrides tar_m04aa.mod and tar_m05aa.mod or messing with this mod 2DA entries.
For this mod to be effective you should at least load a saved game before entering the Undercity [tar_m04aa] and the Lower Sewers [tar_m05aa] module
Redistribution: for this particular full-version, I'm asking you not to redistribute them - I'd like to stay in touch with so I know where to provide supports. With initial release which is v0.8; I grant permission to redistribute them with usual policy applies. If you are to re-use an assets to a project you will be releasing, you don't have to ask for permission - but your generous intention is very much welcome. I'd love to know what others are up to, particularly if my work are included. And then, make sure to give credits to BioWare & LucasArts with the release - particularly with the inclusion of the assets. An appreciation to this lil' peasant here is also a very warm welcome, welcome.
- The Almighty Force which gave me chance to finish the mod
- LucasArts and BioWare for developing one of the best RPGs I've ever played!
- DarthParametric for past-present knowledge which allows me to create customs and for all the outstanding creation that I am a fan of, and for the information regarding model scaling also information about the INI setup which makes this mod a possibility
- JCarter426 for all his awesome work that I look up to - I learned a lot from his mod setup and been practice often using their method
- Inyri Forge for Female Mandalorians - which Sound Set's installation that I use as a guide for this mod
- Trex for TJM's Rakghoul texture which few elements being an inspiration
- ROTNR for Creating Module Files in KotOR tutorial which guides me on packaging the custom module
- Fred Tetra for the amazing KotOR Tool
- stoffe and Fair Strides for the magnificent TSLPatcher and ERFEdit
- VarsityPuppet for 2DA Editor Alpha
- bead-v for MDLedit, KOTORmax and its Scale Wizard script which a significant part of this mod development
- ndix UR for tga2tpc
- TK102 for K-GFF
- Werner Rumpeltesz for PlainEdit.NET
- Notepad++team for Notepad++
- Adinos for Simple Model Viewer which very helpful to provide a quick preview of potential appearance for used model and texture
- All the Tool Makers wasn't mentioned - can't make it without y'all!
- All the inspiring streamers on DeadlyStream
- All the inspiring modders either active or inactive
- DeadlyStream for being a home; a place to hangout - to discuss and hosting my work
- DeadlyStream staffs for tirelessly improving and maintaining the site
- Snigaroo for hosting #mod_development on Discord > r/kotor - thanks! The place is so much fun! :jarjar:
What's New in Version 1.0.0
- New texture which I envisioned now version fits better as an alphaghoul
- Tweak to the model which removing the antennas/danglymesh Hair for variety. And for bit of fan-fic element which was the effect of mutation to next-phase ghoul
- Fix the bumpmap/tangentspace flag on the model, so it actually is working now
- Complete [necessary] set of unique Sound-Sets
- Restore the Rakghoul Fiend's Creature Item which grants them +2 active Regeneration - Ooops
- Bump their attributes a little bit more - Ooops