As much as I appreciate your work at trying to get an interview Aperion just tweeted THIS

The post sats that only Taylor Trotter or Drew Morris are authorized to give interviews on behalf of Aperion.

This might be a result of several people talking about how they are in contact with Disney and other such unconfirmed nonsense.

Aww damn it. Hopefully I can keep mine up as I did this while ago.

No where in KOTOR are there any toilets. Why? Who knows, maybe they didn't think of it, or maybe it was such a small thing it would have taken time and money to put in the game, but there are no toilets in KOTOR. There are in Apeiron and the reason is, is that we have the tech and the time to make KOTOR much more open and explorable...

KotOR Apeiron: Literally 100% more crap than the original KotOR.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I fail to even understand the underlying reason as to why this remake is necessary. There is *nothing* wrong with the original games, they're perfectly fine to play as is, thanks in no small part to the work of many a modder who have made them even more enjoyable.

Leave Knights of the Old Republic alone. 

Well, the original could use official widescreen support and higher resolutions but otherwise I agree. 

Well, the original could use official widescreen support and higher resolutions but otherwise I agree. 

And Controller Support and possibly steam workshop.

KotOR Apeiron: Literally 100% more crap than the original KotOR.

I don't see how adding toilets is bad its not like your actually going to use them or have an option to walk into the toilet room and bash or security your way through the doors and watch someone use it (Hopefully that isn't an option)

I don't see how adding toilets is bad its not like your actually going to use them or have an option to walk into the toilet room and bash or security your way through the doors and watch someone use it (Hopefully that isn't an option)

My philosophy is this: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Why would KotOR even need the Workshop? I don't think the Workshop can do what the TSL Patcher can. 

• Like 1

Why would KotOR even need the Workshop? I don't think the Workshop can do what the TSL Patcher can. 

TSL patcher is better but the Workshop has distinct advantages

1) it makes people aware that there are mods

2) It makes simple things easy to activate, especially for beginners. I use the HUD rescale mod from the workshop since I never need to remember to activate it

• Thanks 1

Don't like their artstyle nor designchoices, but it's not like they'll ever finish so what does it matter anyway? :P

• Like 2

I saw a vid on yt saying they have given up: is there any truth to this?

I saw a vid on yt saying they have given up: is there any truth to this?

Do you have a link to this? Their Twitter doesn't say anything, and it was updated only 6 hours ago.

Their Twitter just recently posted a one year progress photo

I don't think they'd show off a year of work only to later say "We've canceled"

Saw a post on the KOTOR Subreddit showing new pictures of Apeiron.  The insults given to it - especially by Snigaroo - in that thread seem pretty spot on.

Here's the post on Reddit.

Here's the IMGUR post they're talking about.

Saw a post on the KOTOR Subreddit showing new pictures of Apeiron.  The insults given to it - especially by Snigaroo - in that thread seem pretty spot on.

Empathy, I think the areas that look bad may just be incomplete however. 

Empathy, I think the areas that look bad may just be incomplete however.

I think 90% of them look bad tbh

The only location which feels like KotOR is the Endar Spire, and IIRC from exterior it looks like a shapeless cube with wires going out everywhere. Doesn't feel immersive to me. I'd rather wait for HD textures from Thunder3 or Cache71. They will at least make KotOR resemble KotOR.

As much as I feel that Apeiron's areas would look great in a different Star Wars RPG, for calling this a KotOR the developers all deserve a death penalty.

• Like 1

Saw a post on the KOTOR Subreddit showing new pictures of Apeiron. The insults given to it - especially by Snigaroo - in that thread seem pretty spot on.

I'm conflicted by this post. While on one hand I absolutely like the visual style, it is fairly obvious that the actual implementation of quests and dialogue were overlooked or simply haven't been added.

This is a huge problem on account that a majority of the game is composed of these elements notwithstanding an RPG combat system..

If they go the low road and just port the quests, dialogue, combat system, and scripts from Kotor then they're shooting themselves in the foot and will be possibly hit with a copyright lawsuit.

However, if they actually hope to port Kotor into a far more expansive visual medium, then they would be better off showing videos of the characters in action than what is literally a "pretty sandbox"

I thought I was done hearing about this. The redone Endar Spire looks decent but Korriban looks awful. Gotta love using prefab assets.

I thought I was done hearing about this. 

I feel your pain. I figure posting the updates that have been pushed through Reddit - into this thread which is easily ignored - is better than have 5 threads pop-up from deluded souls that think that this will actually come out.

• Like 1

There's some pretty hardcore white knighting going on in that thread. I wonder if they are just delusional fanboys, or actual Apeiron members trying to defend/justify their work?

Yeah, but honestly, it seems like there is an excess of hate for it.

I'm not a fan by far, one of the major reasons why is that none of the mods created for kotor will exist.. Like BOS:SR, k1r, and dozens of other classic/new mods

(Shanilia included).

• Like 1

There's some pretty hardcore white knighting going on in that thread. I wonder if they are just delusional fanboys, or actual Apeiron members trying to defend/justify their work?

M4-78 Enhancement Project has a lot of folks on that Subredddit that really dislike it.  Yet, I've never had an issue with the complaints - even with the extent I've been involved with the EP.  

Whether they are fanboys or incognito Apeiron members, they are taking it way too personally.  They'd be better off actually interacting with the community and getting input.

Until we see actual footage of the characters from KOTOR interacting (i.e voiced conversations and quest snippets), Apeiron is just fan art - and not necessarily good fan art at that.

• Like 2

You are worried about lack of mods for a project that will never release?

I believe you misunderstood my comment. Let me clarify.

I do not support or like apeiron.

I will not continually bash something I have not yet played, or watched/read a detailed report of its content.

And one of the reasons, I do not support it, was mentioned above. 

I can see why you would assume that I supported it, still. Your point is valid, it will most likely never be released for reasons already listed in the reddit and in this thread.