ebmar

MOD:[K1] Lyn Sekla "Legends"

[K1] Lyn Sekla "Legends"

2072161837_LynSeklaLegends-Resized.png.476ba8c00ec1d23697812142127e4c66.png

This mod presents you an overhauled version of Lyn Sekla; a female Twi'lek who wanted desperately to get off Taris. In 3956 BBY, she heard that Bib Surool was stuck on Taris due to the Sith quarantine, and auditioned for him as a dancer.

# Background #

"But if you're ever traveling the galaxy and you see the Starlight Entertainers performing, stop by and ask for Lyn. I'll see if I can get you some free tickets".

Spoiler-alert!:

Spoiler

I have always wanted to meet Lyn Sekla again after heardin' she said that. But unfortunately, that ruthless Malak bombards the planet [Taris] to rubbles and leaving those hope behind.

Actually, there's no correlation between the above statement and this texture overhaul, sorry for that lol. This overhaul was started because when surfing through mod's section in DeadlyStream, I saw an amazing Twi'lek's texture by @Dark Hope that leads me to think "Ah, this could be something!", and when I saw the description, DH also seems to wish that the texture could be utilized as a character for a story. So, I made up my mind to use the texture for Lyn Sekla; which I believe she would need a custom-unique appearance upstaging the rest of female Twi'lek's in the planet. The Force works right through me; I have the permission to use the assets from DH, and then the project was started then.

Spoiler

1811093136_DHsGwRTPermission.PNG.0c8aa9d7420181a69f15ddd12a552e22.PNG

# About this Mod #

• Significant change to the appearance of Lyn Sekla, using the base texture of "Girl with Ritual Tattoos", a high-quality texture mod created by Dark Hope which later I have them edited to fits this concept of the 'Legends' series of Lyn Sekla. [Updated in v1.0.1]

# Final Remarks #

Critiques, comments, suggestions, questions and any feedbacks for the next update are very much appreciated- PM me at deadlystream.com [ebmar] or just write a public message on my feed. And thank you! for downloading, and playing this mod.

Hope you enjoy the mod as much as I do!

Installation: Run the installer [TSLPatcher.exe].

Uninstallation: Remove n_twilekf001.utc [and the rest of the textures files, if you wish] from the 'Override' folder.

Compatibility: Will not compatible with mods that changes the value nor conflicted with n_twilekf001.utc. This mod will be compatible with Dark Hope's "Girl with Ritual Tattoos" as this mod use different variation for the textures and the model that will not conflicted with the said mod.

• There is an update from @DarthParametric whom has found one other instance of n_twilekf001.utc in the game which potentially can caused multiple appearance of "Lyn Sekla". So, where the other instance is?
Spoiler

It is on STA_M45AD - the final level of the Star Forge. The .utc which also used for the Easter egg cheat "dancedancemalak".

The good news is, the mod probably in an OK state now. 🤞

Redistribution: Do not redistribute this mod or re-release it on any website at all. As inside this mod, there are base assets which they are not belongs to mine. If you plan on using this mod or only the assets from this mod to a mod you will be developing, I would be thankful if you give credits to Dark Hope as the creator of the base texture. Also, a credits to my name is always a welcome, welcome. :cheers:

Credits:

• Dark Hope for permission and for the "Girl with Ritual Tattoos" mod.
  • DarthParametric for past-present knowledge, that made it possible for me to create custom NPCs.
  • DarthParametric, again; out of the goodness of his heart looking through every damn module in the game to find one other instance of n_twilekf001.utc which potentially can caused multiple appearance of the texture.
  • BioWare & LucasArts for the 'Game of the 21st Century'.
  • All streamers on DeadlyStream which indirectly involved on this project that I couldn't possibly mentioned one by one.
  • All modders either active or inactive.
  • bead-v and ndix UR for the MDLedit.
  • Fred Tetra for the KotOR Tool.
  • stoffe and Fair Strides for the TSLPatcher setup.
  • DeadlyStream for a place to hangout and to discuss.

-eb

:cheers:

Preview [Under Development]

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/26/2018
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible
    Yes

Does this put the twilek.utc file into the override? If that is so that may be a big mistake as files that have the same names, for example, g_darkjedi.utc may appear on the Endar Spire but if another NPC with that same tag appears in another module my Endar Spire NPC will appear in another module where g_darkjedi.utc is present. In this case, you might of just broken a lot of female twilek NPCs.

There may be a better way to do this and can probably be explained better by someone else but I usually set the TSLPatcher to place the utc file into the .mod file of the module I want it to be in. For TSL this is not a problem as TSLRCM comes with .mod files but you'd require NPC Overhaul or K1R to get .mod files into your modules folder. Unless you either create a .mod file of your own and use that or insert it into the .rim file which I do not recommend though it'd probably work.

• Light Side Points 1

10 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

Does this put the twilek.utc file into the override? If that is so that may be a big mistake as files that have the same names, for example, g_darkjedi.utc may appear on the Endar Spire but if another NPC with that same tag appears in another module my Endar Spire NPC will appear in another module where g_darkjedi.utc is present. In this case, you might of just broken a lot of female twilek NPCs.

Yes, this mod does include a twilek's .utc and it's n_twilekf001.utc to be exact. This was into my concern, in fact while developing this I have checked whether or not that the change affect one or Twi'lek dancers across the room [those two dancing with Bith musician], and it does not. Which led me to believing; the result of using the custom variation and not replacing the "N_TwilekFxxx" which linked to the appearance of female Twi'lek does the magic there. Another thing that makes me confident of this will not break the rest of female Twi'lek NPCs is the fact that the Name and Tag rows inside the .utc does point to Lyn Sekla, so I kind of believing that this is unique in a way. But as you point at this too, I do put my concern, and with a ongoing playthrough I'm [not] hoping to find any cause. Also for the meantime, I'll wait for any feedback regarding this concern.

There may be a better way to do this and can probably be explained better by someone else but I usually set the TSLPatcher to place the utc file into the .mod file of the module I want it to be in. For TSL this is not a problem as TSLRCM comes with .mod files but you'd require NPC Overhaul or K1R to get .mod files into your modules folder. Unless you either create a .mod file of your own and use that or insert it into the .rim file which I do not recommend though it'd probably work.

Thanks for sharing the thoughts! :cheers:

Yes, I see the point; but as for now my skills regarding to editing Modules is zero-to-none lol, I'll choose to hold off and pray that there would be no cause as a result. 😂 🤞

21 minutes ago, ebmar said:

Name and Tag rows inside the .utc does point to Lyn Sekla

That's irrelevant if the resref (i.e., filename) is the same. K1 is generally fairly good about unique resrefs, but with such a generic name chances are high that there will be a clash. I suspect you'll almost certainly need to do a proper module injection.

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

That's irrelevant if the resref (i.e., filename) is the same. K1 is generally fairly good about unique resrefs, but with such a generic name chances are high that there will be a clash. I suspect you'll almost certainly need to do a proper module injection.

Dang! 🙃

OK, I will put a [Under Development] label on top of the mod's page hoping that anyone wouldn't be bothered to download and playing the mod for a while.

Thanks for pointing that out, DP!

Hah, so doing a search in KTool, I can see one other instance of n_twilekf001.utc. The way the search tool works though doesn't specify the parent module. So I looked through every damn module in the game and where do I find it? STA_M45AD - the final level of the Star Forge. In other words, it's the UTC used for the Easter egg cheat "dancedancemalak".

Given that, you are probably ok to keep it as-is, but this should be a lesson for future modding efforts: don't half-ass it, do it right the first time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DarthParametric said:

Hah, so doing a search in KTool, I can see one other instance of n_twilekf001.utc. The way the search tool works though doesn't specify the parent module. So I looked through every damn module in the game and where do I find it? STA_M45AD - the final level of the Star Forge. In other words, it's the UTC used for the Easter egg cheat "dancedancemalak".

Dang, DP... Thanks for getting through trouble doing that! Yeah I have heard of the Easter egg. Again, many thanks for that! Have to admit my lazy ass-brain-brain-ass assuming only from the sample; which is n_twilekf001.utc, that the file is unique even though I do concern about the filename that is too generic compared to tar03_selven031.utc whom Selven has. And I don't even bother to looked through every damn module after... :fpc:

Given that, you are probably ok to keep it as-is,

Ah, glad to hear that 😂

... but this should be a lesson for future modding efforts: don't half-ass it, do it right the first time.

Got it.

It's an especially good practice to get into before modding TSL. For example, n_twilekf001.utc is used 6 times there. As I said above, K1 is generally pretty good with unique resrefs. I'd say around 95% of its resrefs are unique. But TSL, ugh. So many re-used/duplicate resrefs....

Edit: I should clarify that I am talking specifically about character resrefs here. K1 is much more generic when it comes to resrefs for things like placeables.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarthParametric said:

It's an especially good practice to get into before modding TSL. For example, n_twilekf001.utc is used 6 times there. As I said above, K1 is generally pretty good with unique resrefs. I'd say around 95% of its resrefs are unique. But TSL, ugh. So many re-used/duplicate resrefs....

Edit: I should clarify that I am talking specifically about character resrefs here. K1 is much more generic when it comes to resrefs for things like placeables.

Many thanks for the insight! I barely get the picture of how TSL's commoners are looking, and how it utilise their placeables.

In other words, it's the UTC used for the Easter egg cheat "dancedancemalak".

I have seen the footage of the Easter egg. And I think something cool can be made out of this. 😁

Edit: But I'm not 100% sure, I'll see when I actually got to that point.

Edited by ebmar

There is this very useful tool here:

It allows you to search through all of K1s/TSLs files to find files with certain properties and will tell you where they're located. That's what I always use to check for duplicate files.

• Thanks 1

On 7/29/2018 at 4:03 PM, Kexikus said:

There is this very useful tool here:

Spoiler

It allows you to search through all of K1s/TSLs files to find files with certain properties and will tell you where they're located. That's what I always use to check for duplicate files.

Many thanks for sharing this, Kexikus! I have just downloaded it and looking forwards to make use of it later. :cheers:

[Updated to v1.0.1: August 13, 2018]

A quick heads-up to the mod's page. The mod has been updated to v1.0.1 version. So, what's new in version v1.0.1?

• Major fix to shade and specularity on the head, which are inverted in v1.0. Some minor tweaks to the body.
  • Bump-map added to the head, and fix inverted bump-map on the body.
  • All texture now on DDS format, and downsized the body tex's resolution to 512x512; to have it blend better with the vanilla state of the game.

This version is purely optional; aiming to accommodate low to mid-end machine with the downsized body texture, and utilizing the DDS format.

Anyway, v1.0 which having the 1024x1024 res' body texture [but without the said fixes and features] will still be available to download.

Spoiler

1261977101_LynSeklaLegends-4.png.084184694a4f2e94afcf61bef7d10e41.png

How did you get the body texture to map out correctly? I am using this texture (girl with ritual tattoos ) with yuthura ban as pc, but just renaming the texture files doesn't seem to work for the body.