PartySwap

=PartySwap=

A KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC II: THE SITH LORDS MODIFICATION

ORIGINAL AUTHOR: DarthTyren (darthtyren@gmail.com)
CURRENT MANAGER: Leilukin
LATEST VERSION: 1.4
FILE NAME: PartySwap 1.4.7z
CONTACT: E-mail to Leilukin at leilukin@outlook.com, or message to Leilukin on Deadly Stream

1. DESCRIPTION:

This mod allows the player to recruit both Handmaiden and Disciple in the same playthrough regardless of the player character's gender.

After Disciple joins your party on Dantooine, a usable adrenal item named PartySwap will be added to your inventory. You can use this PartySwap item to replace any member of the current party with Handmaiden, as long as you are able to choose your party at that point of the game. This item is created to work around the limitations of not being able to select Handmaiden from the party selection screen after Disciple joins your party and takes Handmaiden’s slot in the party selection screen. However, Handmaiden remains still one of your party members, and you can still talk to Handmaiden.

This mod also modifies certain parts of the game where potentially both Handmaiden and Disciple can become involved in the cut scenes. In addition, this mod prevents Handmaiden and Disciple from referring to the player character with the wrong pronouns by editing dialog and splicing voiceovers.

For this mod to take effect, you must install this mod before you leave the secret academy on Telos, where Handmaiden joins your party. The PartySwap item only works if Handmaiden has already joined your party.

NOTE: Since July 2023, the original mod author DarthTyren has officially handed over the management and development of this mod to Leilukin, due to DarthTyren's departure from the KotOR modding scene. Therefore, if you have questions about or encountered any issues with this mod, Leilukin is the one to contact for.

2. INSTALLATION:

First and foremost, make sure you have The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod (TSLRCM) installed, since TSLRCM is REQUIRED for this mod to work.

After downloading this mod, extract the mod’s 7z file to anywhere you like, as long as it is not within the KotOR 2 directory.

Run PartySwap Installer.exe located inside the extracted folder. You will see two installation options. You may only choose ONE of these options:

• Default Installation: Choose this option if you use TSLRCM without M4-78EP.
  • M4-78EP Installation: Choose this option if you use M4-78 Enhancement Project (M4-78EP) in addition to TSLRCM. You must install M4-78EP first before running this installation option.

FOR REGULAR TSLRCM USERS:

Choose the installation option you want, and select your KotOR 2 game folder as your KotOR 2 directory path, click the “Install” button and let the installer do its job.

FOR STEAM WORKSHOP USERS:

If you have subscribed to The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod (TSLRCM) from the Steam Workshop, for your KotOR directory path, you must choose TSLRCM's Steam Workshop folder, NOT the main KOTOR 2 directory. The directory of the Steam Workshop version of TSLRCM is \Steam\SteamApps\Workshop\content\208580\485537937, while the directory of the TSLRCM + M4-78EP combined Steam Workshop mod is \Steam\SteamApps\Workshop\content\208580\1402798020.

When you install this mod, two new folders named "backup" and “uninstall” will be created by the installer in the same folder as the installer. Do not delete the folders or any of the files within the folder if you are planning on uninstalling this mod.

This mod also provides a compatibility patch for deathdisco’s Coruscant Jedi Temple mod. Go to the “Coruscant Jedi Temple Compatibility Patch” folder from this mod, read the READ ME files within the subfolder and follow the instructions to make PartySwap compatible with Coruscant Jedi Temple.

Note: The "Source" folder includes the source of the script used by this mod for modders' reference. Ignore the "Source" folder if you only want to install and play this mod.

3. UNINSTALLATION:

Open PartySwap Installer.exe and select your KotOR 2 directory where you installed this mod. From the “Tools” dropdown menu, select “Uninstall Mod / Restore Backup”, then confirm to uninstall the mod. You can also choose to delete the backup after uninstalling the mod.

4. KNOWN ISSUES:

None currently known. If you find any bugs or issues, please report them by posting on PartySwap’s download page or support thread on the Deadly Stream forums, or contact Leilukin directly.

5. MOD COMPATIBILITY:

Apart from The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod (TSLRCM), which is required for this mod to work, any mod that edits Kreia's endgame dialog (904kreia.dlg) or Zuka's dialog on Dxun (zuka.dlg) is incompatible with this mod, unless they merge in installation. In that case, you must install PartySwap first.

This mod is not compatible with any other mod that involves putting the holorec.dlg file in the Override folder. If you want to use this mod, make sure you DO NOT have holorec.dlg in your Override folder, or Handmaiden will not be able to join your party when you play a female character!

This mod provides a compatibility patch for deathdisco’s Coruscant Jedi Temple.

This mod is compatible with KOTOR 2 Community Patch.

This mod is compatible with JC2's Train the Handmaiden.

This mod is compatible with all Leilukin’s mods for KotOR 2, including the romance mods, as long as you follow the instructions from Leilukin’s mod.

If you want to use danil-ch and Darth Hayze’s Extended Enclave, downloading and installing a separate compatibility patch is required to make PartySwap compatible with Extended Enclave. If you use Leilukin’s Handmaiden and Female Exile – Disciple and Male Exile Romance, you need to use the patch included in that mod. Otherwise, go to this page for a standalone compatibility patch: https://deadlystream.com/files/file/1304-partyswap-and-extended-enclave-compatibility-patch/

6. PERMISSION:

You may modify this mod for personal use or show this mod in screenshots. However, please do not redistribute or re-host this mod. Do not release your mods containing assets from this mod without permission.

7. CREDITS:

Fair Strides — Can almost take credit for half the mod getting done, by helping with scripts, understanding Waypoints and TSLPatcher, etc. Thank you!
Thanks to the wonderful modding community at Holowan Labs/DeadlyStream for helping with the problems faced with the development of this mod.
Special thanks to VarsityPuppet, for teaching about #include scripts and how this mod does not need to bother with them.
Sith Holocron — Thanks for the aid with VO splicing!
Snigaroo — For testing and reporting bugs, including the game breaking bug surrounding Disciple's endgame dialog, as well as transferring the ownership of this mod file to Leilukin on Deadly Stream.
Cortisol and th3w1zard1 — For developing HoloPatcher as a better alternative to TSLPatcher to make installing and uninstalling this mod faster.

THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE THIS FILE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND NEITHER THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES NOR THE AUTHOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/21/2015
  • Category
  • TSLRCM Compatible
    Yes

• Like 1

I'd like to see this in action. Perhaps Xuul should be asked to do a video.

Or perhaps I could make one? :)

Since I know what's been changed and added, I'll make a release video for it, showing not everything, but hopefully enough.

Okay, then none taken. Whoever wants to do it can.

Whoever that is, just let it be known that the party's final confrontation with Kreia on Malachor is the best example of what this mod does. *hint* Apart from the armband.

Guest R2-X2

I'd rather the video be released by some one not as biased as the creator. No offense intended.

I think that it would not be bad to have a mod's creator make a video about it. He exactly knows what to show, and it doesn't have to be a review of some sort anyway.

And of course there's nothing against multiple people making videos. :D

I've played through this mod and I loves.

I played as a male and after getting handmaiden, I went to dantooine to get disciple.

Diciple joined as if I was a female and I received an armband called 'party swap'.

Disciple replaced handmaiden in the party select but both were on the ebon hawk in their usual places.

Both handmaiden and disciple's story lines played out perfectly and the arm band pulls up a menu letting me swap a party member with handmaiden(character select remains unchanged). I could even have both handmaiden and disciple in my party at the same time!

Only problem I found was that the mod doesn't work for a female PC because handmaiden doesn't join the party when you leave the telos academy, but other then that..awesome work! :)

I've played through this mod and I loves.

I played as a male and after getting handmaiden, I went to dantooine to get disciple.

Diciple joined as if I was a female and I received an armband called 'party swap'.

Disciple replaced handmaiden in the party select but both were on the ebon hawk in their usual places.

Both handmaiden and disciple's story lines played out perfectly and the arm band pulls up a menu letting me swap a party member with handmaiden(character select remains unchanged). I could even have both handmaiden and disciple in my party at the same time!

Only problem I found was that the mod doesn't work for a female PC because handmaiden doesn't join the party when you leave the telos academy, but other then that..awesome work! :D

That's wierd, I remember removing the conditional for that part. I'll have to take a look at it.

I think that it would not be bad to have a mod's creator make a video about it. He exactly knows what to show, and it doesn't have to be a review of some sort anyway.

And of course there's nothing against multiple people making videos. :D

You have explained my intentions better than I could have. 

On a side note, it has come to my attention that it might be better to use the TSLPatcher to install this mod, rather than the odd way by which it is put together currently. I'm thinking I'll try this as soon as I find out what went wrong with the female-recruit-handmaiden part.

On a side note, it has come to my attention that it might be better to use the TSLPatcher to install this mod, rather than the odd way by which it is put together currently. I'm thinking I'll try this as soon as I find out what went wrong with the female-recruit-handmaiden part.

Well, if you need any help at all with setting it up, I'm more than happy to help. :)  I can at least help you prepare to make the installation.

Yes! This has a permanent place in my override folder now

Every fan's dream for 10 and a half years now come true.... 

Thanks so much for this mod!

Quick question: What happens in scenes where the entire party is gathered? Will both show up? Furthermore, whose line get priority in cases where one or the other would speak? First example that comes to mind is on Nar Shaddaa, when Atton jokes about the trap

I was also wondering about what the previous poster said. My own example would've been the scene with the entire party on M4-78 at the landing pad. That would also bring in the compatibility question between your mod and M4-78 EP as well.

Well, if you need any help at all with setting it up, I'm more than happy to help. :D  I can at least help you prepare to make the installation.

If I can't figure it out with the documentation, FS, then I will definitely take that offer.

Quick question: What happens in scenes where the entire party is gathered? Will both show up? Furthermore, whose line get priority in cases where one or the other would speak? First example that comes to mind is on Nar Shaddaa, when Atton jokes about the trap

So far as any dialogs that I've seen, both will show up. As to who gets priority dialog, it depends on which conversation. The one you mentioned was written in a way that if such a thing happened, Handmaiden would have priority with "What are you talking about? It's obviously a trap."

I was also wondering about what the previous poster said. My own example would've been the scene with the entire party on M4-78 at the landing pad. That would also bring in the compatibility question between your mod and M4-78 EP as well.

Unless there's a gender/selectability check, both of them should still be able to spawn, just as they do on Nar Shaddaa. I didn't add any waypoints, all I had to do was make sure both were considered 'available'. I can't say anymore than that, as M4-78 hasn't and probably never will enter my game folder.

I played M4-78 and everyone was there and in the apathy is death scene on korriban

Again, this is mainly because all the game scripts call for is for that companion to be an available party member. However, Disciple and Handmaiden share waypoints, so one might look just a little out of place in some situations. It will almost always be Disciple.

Only problem I found was that the mod doesn't work for a female PC because handmaiden doesn't join the party when you leave the telos academy

I found the problem. It was in the OnEnter script. I knew I should have checked that to make sure I had everything. With the next release (TSLPatcher), It should be fixed.

Love it, but is there anyway to make one the puppet of the other instead of having to armband them?

I found the problem. It was in the OnEnter script. I knew I should have checked that to make sure I had everything. With the next release (TSLPatcher), It should be fixed.

Groovy!

Love it, but is there anyway to make one the puppet of the other instead of having to armband them?

Not in a way that the game can make sense of it. FS tried to talk me into considering making one or the other a puppet of the Exile. I was able to write down why I didn't want to do that.

First, the game itself would recognize one of them as a Party Puppet rather than a Party Member. There is a difference between the two in the scripts. The game checks for the availability of only one Puppet, Bao-Dur's remote. Which means at the points of the game where it checks available Party Members to spawn, if one of them isn't a Member but a Puppet, they won't spawn.

Second, since the game wouldn't recognize that NPC as "in your party", the banter dialogs and other lines given to specific companions in other dialogs won't be fired properly.

Third, I don't want to change the way the game works when it comes to companions. I want them to be their own entity, not a piece of each other, the Exile, or anyone else.

Besides, the armband actually works.

• Like 1

I love this mod, but I seem to have found a pretty bad bug.... For some reason Handmaiden is invincible in the second duel. I have only this and TSLRCM + M4-78 EP installed. I've got no idea what's causing this

If there's no fix for this, can someone tell me which globals to modify with KSE so I can make her a Jedi, or at least get her to show up at the end when the other Jedi sans Bao-Dur confront Kreia?