Just making sure here, you haven't used the invulnerability cheat with her in the party, correct? Because I never experienced that issue if I don't cheat.

If that's not it, then it's likely another scripting issue I'm missing, and in that case, I'll find it. It shouldn't be an issue with TSLRCM, however, so I might have to collab with Sith Holocron Hassat Hunter to try and find it.

Edited by DarthTyren

I wasn't talking about TSLRCM, SH. ;)

But shows what I know about M4-78, huh.

I amend what I said:

Just making sure here, you haven't used the invulnerability cheat with her in the party, correct? Because I never experienced that issue if I don't cheat.

If that's not it, then it's likely another scripting issue I'm missing, and in that case, I'll find it. It shouldn't be an issue with TSLRCM, however, so I might have to collab with Hassat Hunter to try and find it.

Actually, yes I did have invulnerability on while she was in the party lol. Have your laugh

I tried bringing her back out and deactivating it (sucks that you can't see the console in K2) but it seems have done nothing. I tried quitting and restarting the game, which deactivates the turbo code, but she's still invincible. I didn't just dash my chances of making her a Jedi did I?

Not necessarily. If you send me your save I can take a look and see if the code worked or not.

Unless Darth Tyren wants to look at it. In that case, I'll leave it to him.

Huh, that's weird. If you turn the cheat off with her in the party, then she should not be invulnerable anymore.

I suggest you zip up your save folder and send it to Fair Strides for debugging.

I have just had a fun play through experiencing both Handmaiden and Disciple, everything working fine without bugs! I enjoyed it and must say good work, I loved the additions of adding Handmaiden as an option in certain situation (not going to say due to spoilers) so she doesn't feel like an excluded part of the game. However, something you may like to change is, during dialogue and cutscene's both characters still use the gender pronoun to describe the player. For example still uses" her" and handmaid "him". This is understandable that you didn't change it, taking a lot of time to edit dialogue and such... but just a little minor thing which I can live with and didn't really effect me. But still a little thing I thought I would point out, but still a really good mod which is staying in my override :D

Forgive me if I have a bit of a hard time understanding. Is the appropriate pronoun being used as determined by the player? If not, when, exactly, do you remember this happening?

The best example I can remember is Atton in an Ebon Hawk cutscene referring the player as "her" to mira when there talking about discipline when he is meditating. This sounds a bit odd when my player was a male

Alright, this is a scripting issue, so scripters, correct me if I'm wrong.

I used the PC Gender Global and put it in the Ebon Hawk OnEnter script and a_next_scene.nss as a requirement to all the (should-be) gender-specific cutscenes. The way I implemented it is as follows:

int iGender = GetGlobalBoolean("000_PLAYER_GENDER"); // variable substitute

//further down...

else if (!GetGlobalBoolean("CUT_ATTON_MAID_FIGHT")
		&&	(iGender == 1) // Player is male
		&& 	GetIsAvailable(NPC_ATTON)
		&& 	GetIsAvailable(NPC_HANDMAIDEN)
		&& 	(GetGlobalNumber("003EBO_Handmaid_Fight") == 1)
		&& 	(GetGlobalNumber("003EBO_Atton_Hand") == 0))
	{
		AurPostString("CS: ATTON HANDMAIDEN FIGHT", 5, 15, 5.0);
		SetGlobalBoolean("CUT_ATTON_MAID_FIGHT", TRUE);
		nScene = CUTSCENE_CUT_ATTON_MAID_FIGHT;

//further down is the one that was mentioned in the previous post...

else if (!GetGlobalBoolean("CUT_DISC_PLAYER_MED")
		&&	(iGender == 0) // Player is female
		&& 	GetIsAvailable(NPC_MIRA)
		&& 	(GetGlobalNumber("000_Disciple_Joined") == 1)
		&& 	(GetGlobalNumber("003EBO_Disciple_Med") == 1)
		&& 	(GetGlobalNumber("003EBO_Meditate_Event") == 0))
	{
		AurPostString("CS: DISCIPLE PLAYER MEDITATE", 5, 15, 5.0);
		SetGlobalBoolean("CUT_DISC_PLAYER_MED", TRUE);
		nScene = CUTSCENE_CUT_DISC_PLAYER_MED;
	}

What's listed are just examples, there are quite a few more. I would have thought that using numbers to check for booleans was allowed. It compiled this way, but apparently, as stated by the post above, the Female check isn't working, so since the Booleans throughout the rest of the script are notated without equality, but rather whether or not they're set (presence of '!'), I decided to change it to this, hoping it would make a difference:

else if (!GetGlobalBoolean("CUT_DISC_PLAYER_MED")
		&&	(!iGender) // Player is female
		&& 	GetIsAvailable(NPC_MIRA)
		&& 	(GetGlobalNumber("000_Disciple_Joined") == 1)
		&& 	(GetGlobalNumber("003EBO_Disciple_Med") == 1)
		&& 	(GetGlobalNumber("003EBO_Meditate_Event") == 0))
	{
		AurPostString("CS: DISCIPLE PLAYER MEDITATE", 5, 15, 5.0);
		SetGlobalBoolean("CUT_DISC_PLAYER_MED", TRUE);
		nScene = CUTSCENE_CUT_DISC_PLAYER_MED;
	}

Would this make any difference? The only reason I could think of the first one not working is that, for some reason, he doesn't have the edited script.

He might not have the edited script, but I'd also add the following inside the code-black, and run a save from just before the scene the poster had:

SendMessageToPC(GetFirstPC(), "Player's Gender is: " + IntToString(iGender));

But no, there should be no functional difference between your versions of the code.

The problem may be due to a mod conflict! I am at the stage of my play through where I am meeting the masters in the enclave, but when going to speak to them it does nothing. To resolve this mod I looked at my files and discovered your mod edits the 650dan module file. me being a bit slow sometimes, realised you would have edited that scene so handmaiden could make appearance during the female play through. By remembering this, I forgot I have Extended Enclave mod installed. These both edit that scene and is the most likely sources of the bug. This still would not explain the sources of the scripting with the Global file.

So I'm now guessing your mods are incompatible ......

Alright, in that case, uninstall my mod, and load a save before you enter that module. I'll put the TSLPatcher version out soon, which should solve your problem.

It's just being a bit taxing on the mind.

EDIT

Actually, you might have to do a full uninstall of the game. Sorry about that. If I had known that it would be as game-breaking when being used with other mods, I would have waited until I had a TSLPatcher ready first.

Its alright no harm done and the main point of my play through was to experience M4 - 78 Enhanced mod, which I did :)

Something interesting - both Handmaiden and Disciple said their "Apathy is death" lines, but only Disciple said his line for the complete Lesson of Listening. I'm playing a light side male and I had every party member when completing it

Something interesting - both Handmaiden and Disciple said their "Apathy is death" lines, but only Disciple said his line for the complete Lesson of Listening. I'm playing a light side male and I had every party member when completing it

Oh? I didn't think about the lesson. Silly me. Well, I guess I have something more to add. If anyone finds anything else that stands out to them, don't hesitate to say something. I want the next release to be as close to perfect as I can make it.

• Like 1

PartySwap 1.1 has just been uploaded. Find the download link in the OP!

This is a mod that came straight from heaven. Not being able to have all of a game's companions in one run always bugs the living hell out of me.

Speaking of which, I really have to ask, do you think it would be possible to create a version of this for Mira and Hanharr?

This is a mod that came straight from heaven. Not being able to have all of a game's companions in one run always bugs the living hell out of me.

Speaking of which, I really have to ask, do you think it would be possible to create a version of this for Mira and Hanharr?

Straight from heaven? Then you know who to really thank for it, huh?

As for Mira and Hanharr, I've gotten multiple requests. Sadly, I have to shoot every last one of them down. To include both Mira and Hanharr is not only potentially game-breaking, but it also doesn't make any sense to the story of the game. Hanharr and Mira were always meant to be arch rivals, so one follows you, while the other goes to Malachor. I will not be changing that any time soon.

• Light Side Points 1

Straight from heaven? Then you know who to really thank for it, huh?

As for Mira and Hanharr, I've gotten multiple requests. Sadly, I have to shoot every last one of them down. To include both Mira and Hanharr is not only potentially game-breaking, but it also doesn't make any sense to the story of the game. Hanharr and Mira were always meant to be arch rivals, so one follows you, while the other goes to Malachor. I will not be changing that any time soon.

Strictly speaking, it would use a bit of overthinking to work out, but it could work in the story if you say once Kreia revived him, she took him to the ship and used the Force to hide Mira and Hanharr's presences from one another. She's able to hide her own existence from a good deal of the crew members, so I don't see why not

What technical issues would it cause though?

Yo

Strictly speaking, it would use a bit of overthinking to work out, but it could work in the story if you say once Kreia revived him, she took him to the ship and used the Force to hide Mira and Hanharr's presences from one another. She's able to hide her own existence from a good deal of the crew members, so I don't see why not

What technical issues would it cause though?

You'd have to remove another party member so you could have an open extra slot for hanharr/mira.

Yo You'd have to remove another party member so you could have an open extra slot for hanharr/mira.

Well, I was thinking something just like this mod, with the armband and such.

Course, the fact that Mira dies on Nar Shaddaa in the dark side storyline would probably complicate things a bit.

Apart from reasons already mentioned, there's one more, this is the big one.

In "canon" (I will never consider KotOR Era 'Legends', it's too awesome to chop out like that), both the Handmaiden and Disciple join the female Exile on her quest, as they are two of the Lost Jedi. I wanted to try to establish that "canon" in this mod.

In the same "canon", Mira is also a Lost Jedi who travels with the Exile, and Hanharr is hunting her, meaning he doesn't join the Exile. If you choose to play as a Dark Side character, as previously mentioned, Mira dies. If you choose to play as a Light Side character, Mira confronts Hanharr on Malachor. It's dependent on alignment rather than gender, which makes one always impossible to obtain.

With this mod, I didn't change the story, I just added the opposite companion seamlessly(I hope!). I was just hoping to make it feel like the real adventure of the Exile. If someone were to tackle a Hanharr + Mira mod, I'm not sure it would be TSLRCM compatible first of all, but they would have to have a completely different reasoning behind it. I don't see a reason for the player to be able to recruit two people who want nothing to do with each other, except maybe the other's death.