About This File
=Handmaiden and Female Exile - Disciple and Male Exile Romance=
A KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC II: THE SITH LORDS MODIFICATION
FILE NAME: Hand_Disc_SameGenderRomances.zip
LATEST VERSION: 1.3.2
CONTACT: E-mail to leilukin[at]gmail[dot]com, or message to Leilukin on Deadly Stream
As much as I love KotOR II: TSL, I have always been disappointed by the lack of same gender romance options with any of the party members. Granted, TSL never had any fully developed romance arc to begin with, but given KotOR1 at least has Juhani as a lesbian romance option even though her romance has less content (and is much easier to miss) compared to Bastila's or Carth's, the lack of same gender romance options in TSL is disappointing, in my opinion.
My Visas Marr and Female Exile Romance as well as Atton Rand and Male Exile Romance mods had been made and released as part of my same gender romance mod project for TSL, now I present to you the next and the biggest part of my project: Handmaiden Handmaiden and Female Exile - Disciple and Male Exile Romance mod!
This mod makes the Handmaiden a romance option for female Exiles, and the Disciple a romance option for male Exiles. Players do not need to worry about any possible pronouns mix-up either because this mod will make the Handmaiden refer to a female Exile by "she/her" and the Disciple refer to a male Exile by "he/him".
If a female Exile has much higher influence with Visas than the Handmaiden, the Handmaiden vs. Visas jealousy/rivalry cutscenes will be triggered (however, be warned that this will also make the Handmaiden refuse to speak to the player for the rest of the game). Similarly, if a male Exile has much higher influence with the Disciple than Atton, Atton vs. the Disciple jealousy/rivalry cutscenes will be triggered.
Please note that this mod is ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH THE ENGLISH VERSION OF TSL AND TSLRCM. I do not provide support for non-English versions of TSL and TSLRCM.
***** Due to the fact that this mod will make considerable amount of changes to the game's content, please read my instructions carefully and check out the "MOD COMPATIBILITY" section below before installing this mod *****
First and foremost, make sure you have The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod (TSLRCM) installed since TSLRCM is REQUIRED for this mod to work.
***** ATTENTION! STEAM USERS: If you have the Steam version of KotOR 2, I STRONGLY ADVISE AGAINST using the Steam Workshop version of TSLRCM if you want to use this mod. Instead, I will suggest you use the installer (.exe) version of TSLRCM, which can be downloaded from here:
If you're going to use more KotOR 2 mods in addition to TSLRCM, using the installer version is always much safer than the Steam Workshop version, because it gives you more control in installing mods and minimizing mod conflicts as much as possible. *****
After installing TSLRCM, extract the Hand_Disc_SameGenderRomances.zip you downloaded to anywhere you like, as long as it is not within the KotOR 2 directory.
Run TSLPatcher.exe. You will notice that this mod provides two installation options. You may only choose one of these options:
- Default Installation: This option will make the Handmaiden join a female Exile and the Disciple to join a male Exile automatically. Players will not need to do any extra actions for it to happen. However, this option does not allow players to recruit both the Handmaiden and the Disciple in a single playthough. WARNING: If you choose this installation option, male Exiles will not be able to recruit the Handmaiden. Similarly, female Exiles will not be able to recruit the Disciple.
- PartySwap Compatible Installation: This option is for players who have installed DarthTyren's PartySwap mod, which allows players to recruit both the Handmaiden and the Disciple in a single playthrough regardless of the Exile's gender. I take full responsibility for any possible bugs or issues with the "PartySwap Compatible Installation" option of this mod. Please make sure you have installed PartySwap first BEFORE choosing this installation option!
Once you have chosen the installation option you want, point the installer to your KotOR 2 directory and let the installer do its magic.
When you install my mod, if you got an error message that says along the lines of "[ERROR] Unhandled exception: Access violation at address [a bunch of numbers]. Write of address [a bunch of numbers] (0)", try right-click your KotOR 2 folder or subfolders, go to Properties and uncheck the "Read-only", then try to install my mod again to see if it works.
This mod contains a "Compatibility Patches" folder for players who also have installed any of the following mods:
- M4-78 Enhancement Project
- Coruscant Jedi Temple
- Extended Enclave
- JC's Saber Workshop
Please read the Compatibility Patch ReadMe.rtf file within the folder and follow the instructions to make these mods work together without conflict.
NOTE 1: During installation, a new folder named "backup" will be created by TSLPatcher in the same folder as the TSLPatcher. Do not delete the folder or any of the files within the folder if you are planning on uninstalling this mod.
NOTE 2: The "Source" folder includes the source of the scripts used by this mod for modders' reference. Ignore the "Source" folder if you only want to install and play this mod.
If you have chosen the "Default installation" option, here are the steps to uninstall this mod:
- STEP 1: Go to your override folder, delete k_sup_galaxymap.ncs
- STEP 2: Go to the "backup" folder created by the TSLPatcher from this mod, cut and paste disciple.dlg , kreia.dlg and mira.dlg into your override folder.
- STEP 3: From the "backup" folder, cut and paste 003EBO.mod, 006EBO.mod, 262TEL.mod, 301NAR.mod, 303NAR.mod, 402DXN.mod, 610DAN.mod, 650DAN.mod, 907MAL.mod, 908MAL.mod, 909MAL.mod and 950COR.mod into the Modules folder in your KotOR 2 directory.
- STEP 4: From the "backup" folder, cut and paste 003EBO_loc.mod, 262TEL_loc.mod, 301NAR_loc.mod, 303NAR_loc.mod, 402DXN_loc.mod, 650DAN_loc.mod, 903MAL_loc.mod and localization.mod into the lips folder in your KotOR 2 directory.
If you have chosen the "PartySwap Compatible Installation" option, go to the "backup" folder created by the TSLPatcher from this mod and do the following steps:
- STEP 1: Cut and paste disciple.dlg, kreia.dlg and mira.dlg into your override folder.
- STEP 2: Cut and paste 003EBO.mod, 006EBO.mod, 262TEL.mod, 301NAR.mod, 303NAR.mod, 650DAN.mod, 904MAL.mod, 907MAL.mod, 908MAL.mod and 909MAL.mod into the Modules folder in your KotOR 2 directory.
- STEP 3: Cut and paste 003EBO_loc.mod, 262TEL_loc.mod, 301NAR_loc.mod, 303NAR_loc.mod, 903MAL_loc.mod and localization.mod into the lips folder in your KotOR 2 directory.
Please note that these steps will not uninstall PartySwap. If you want to uninstall PartySwap, you need to follow the instructions from the PartySwap mod.
4) KNOWN ISSUES:
If you install PartySwap and then this mod with the "PartySwap Compatible Installation" option, play a female Exile and the Disciple joins your party, after your post-Rebuilt Jedi Enclave conversation with Visas, the scene where the Disciple warns Carth or Cede about the Telos attack will not be triggered. Unfortunately, as with my Visas Marr and Female Exile Romance mod, I am unable to find a reliable way to solve this issue.
If you find any other bugs or problems, please let me know.
5) MOD COMPATIBILITY:
Other mods that modifies any of the following content are not compatible with this mod:
- disciple.dlg, Disciple's main dialogue file
- kreia.dlg, Kreia's main dialogue file
- mira.dlg, Mira's main dialogue file
- Dialogue of the Rebuilt Jedi Enclave sequence
The exceptions are TSLRCM (which is required for this mod to work), M4-78 Enhancement Project, PartySwap and Extended Enclave, as long as you follow my instructions in the "INSTALLATION" section above.
If you want to use my Atton Rand and Male Exile Romance mod alongside this mod, install this mod first then install Atton Rand and Male Exile Romance mod.
If you want to use Kexikus' Full Jedi Council mod alongside this mod, install my mod first then install Full Jedi Council mod.
If you're uncertain if a mod is compatible with this mod or not, feel free to ask me.
This mod also makes changes to the same files modified by my Visas Marr and Female Exile Romance mod. Namely, this mod also makes the Visas romance scene trigger for female Exiles, while Disciple will replace Visas in said scene if you play a male Exile. Unless you want the Visas romance scene available for both male and female Exiles, if you install this Handmaiden and Female Exile - Disciple and Male Exile Romance mod, you will not need to install Visas Marr and Female Exile Romance mod.
You may use this mod as you see fit, including showing it in screenshots or making it compatible with your mod. However, please give credit to me, and DO NOT release your mods containing modified files from my mod without my permission. Thank you.
I do not use nor support Steam Workshop, so I do not wish any of my mods to be uploaded to Steam Workshop.
DarthTyren for giving me permission to make a compatibility patch for his PartySwap mod
danil-ch for giving me permission to make a compatibility patch for the Extended Enclave mod
Sith Holocron for helping with VO splicing
The entire TSLRCM team for developing TSLRCM
Fred Tetra for the KotOR Tool
Jamezy91 for Kotor Scripting Tool
tk102 for DLG Editor
JdNoa for DeNCS KotOR Script Decompiler
Stoffe for TSLPatcher
THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE THIS FILE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND NEITHER THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES NOR THE AUTHOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.
What's New in Version 1.3.2 See changelog
- The PartySwap Compatible Installtion option will now allow Handmaiden to comment on the potential romantic relationship between the female Exile and Atris.