About This File
This is a replacement for Computer Panel [PLC_comPanel] that be found throughout the game.
# Background #
Sith Holocron's request about his least favorite texture in KotOR2/TSL motivates me on working the particular texture. Not only that, SH take his role on doing the hard-task by animating the monitor; hence the amazing end-result.
# About this Mod # [Updated in v1.1]
Inside this mod are 2 version of animated Computer Panel [PLC_comPanel] in TPC format:
- Solid version
- Transparent version
# Known Issues # [Updated in v1.1]
With the transparent version, some meshes will become invisible behind the monitor only IF looking at the monitor using the first look camera. One instance is the moving ships seen through the windows of Citadel Station. I have tried with changing either the semantic used in the TXI or altered the alpha-blend value but still can't get the result as wanted.
# Final Remarks #
Thanks to Sith Holocron for his work on the animation- and in the end I have the honorably-pleasure to release it.
Critiques, comments, suggestions, questions and any feedbacks for the next update are very much appreciated- just PM me or write a public message on my feed. And thank you! for downloading, and playing this mod.
Hope you enjoy the mod as much as I do!
Installation: Make sure to remove any instance of PLC_comPanel's TGA/DDS and its TXI from the 'Override' folder first, and then you can copy-paste the PLC_comPanel.tpc from this pack into the 'Override' folder. Overwrite when prompted.
Uninstallation: Remove the said file from the 'Override' folder.
Redistribution: Feel free to include the texture in any mods you want to make. Just make sure to credit Sith Holocron, vecteezy, Obsidian Entertainment and LucasArts in your Readme. Credit to me would be nice too.
- Sith Holocron for the idea and his awesome monitor animation
- vecteezy for the Free HUD Vector Elements used in the monitor
- Fred Tetra for the 'amazing' KotOR Tool
- ndix UR for the tga2tpc
- Obsidian Entertainment and LucasArts for TSL
- All streamers on DeadlyStream
- All modders either active or inactive
- DeadlyStream for a place to hangout and to discuss
What's New in Version 1.1.0
- Added an additional transparent version for the monitor
- The transparent version will have its Cubemaps removed as a result of using the alpha for translucency, so there will be no glowing parts with it