About This File
This mod replaces the static computer panel placeables [PLC_comPanel] that found throughout the game; such as one in the Bumani's, Medical Unit, and Czerka's [on Telos] with the animated ones.
-= BACKGROUND =-
It was Sith Holocron's request about his least favorite texture in KotOR2/TSL that makes me work on this mod. But as time goes by curiosity on trying to improve it haunts me, by doing more and looking much better -- hence the born of v2.0.0. On this [as well as the previous one] I have him to help on making the panel screen, hence the sweet result of a movie-like looking ones. You should check out his blog from where the inspiration comes --
And then with DarthParametric's handy-hands the panel now have a new symmetrical frame, some 3D buttons, also few TOR-ported bits on the screen. Not stopping there, it now have a new panel board decals -- a copied work from Frank Diorio's downloadable decals [then niubniubsuniverse-dot-com].
-= ABOUT THIS MOD =-
Inside this mod are 2 version; transparent screen and a solid-non-transparent version.
- New panel frame trimesh made by @DarthParametric
- New 3D buttons trimesh made by DarthParametric
- Panel screen bitmap made by @Sith Holocron
- Panel board bitmap made by Frank Diorio
- TOR ported animated bits redistributed by DarthParametric
- Tools mostly worked on to -- KOTORmax [gmax] by bead-v / Aurora MDL [N++] by Symmetric
The panel texture currently still in vanilla scheme [based on stock PLC_comPanel], albeit upscaled to x1024 from x256 using PS'.
-= KNOWN ISSUES =-
With transparent version, some objects will become invisible behind the screen; such as traffics seen from Medical Unit and lightsaber as well with the hilt. There's a workaround for the traffics, but that's beyond the scope of this mod so they're something to live with at the moment. Nothing that I know of though for the lightsabers.
-= FINAL REMARKS =-
There's always room for improvements; reviews, critiques, comments, suggestions, questions and feedbacks are much appreciated. PM me here, write them on my feed or leave any on the mod's page as you please. And thank you! for downloading, and using this mod.
Hope you enjoy the mod as much as I do!
-= INSTALLATION =-
Run the installer and choose INSTALL option. Pick one you choose -- then hit the [Install Mod ->] button!
-= UNINSTALLATION =-
- Choose the UNINSTALL option in the installation menu
- For a clean uninstallation, remove these files from the Override after proceeding with the main procedure --
-= COMPATIBILITY =-
- Not compatible with mods that hard-overwrites placeables.2DA
- Not compatible with mods that alter the modelname and label setup for RowIndex 292 in placeables.2DA
- Not compatible with mods which happened to have the same name with the MDL, MDX, PWK, and TPC-s that included with this mod
-= REDISTRIBUTION =-
Do not redistribute this mod or re-release it on any websites. I'd love to provide direct support to my work, which wouldn't be possible if they're scattered in the Unknown Regions. If you are to re-use an assets to a project you will be releasing, please be kindly to ask for permission first - that way I know what's up, and if it's interesting enough I might offer to be involved, lol. Or at least we'll talk. Cheers!
-= CREDITS =-
- The Almighty Force
- Obsidian Entertainment and LucasArts for The Sith Lords
- Frank Diorio as the creator of panel board bitmap
- Sith Holocron for feedbacks, ideas and the panel screen
- DarthParametric for past-present knowledge, his creation that I took learn from, and particularly with this project -- the panel frame, 3D buttons as well the TOR-ported bits [and both endless technical-to-non assistance which makes this mod possible]
- JCarter426 and Inyri Forge for all their awesome work that I look up to - I learned a lot from their mods and been practicing a lot using their method
- Fred Tetra for KotOR Tool
- bead-v for KOTORmax and MDLedit
- Symmetric for Aurora MDL
- ndix UR for tga2tpc and tpcview
- stoffe for TSL Patcher and Fair Strides for the updates
- VarsityPuppet for 2DA Editor
- All Tool Makers wasn't mentioned - can't make it without y'all!
- All streamers on DeadlyStream
- All modders either active or inactive
- DeadlyStream for being a home -- a place to hangout, to discuss and hosting my work
- DeadlyStream staffs for tirelessly improving and maintaining the site
- DeadlyStream's #modding [Discord] channel that particularly essential for this project
What's New in Version 2.0.0 See changelog
- 2 version of the panel -- transparent screen and solid-non-transparent version
- New panel frame trimesh made by DarthParametric
- New 3D buttons trimesh made by DarthParametric
- Panel screen bitmap made by Sith Holocron
- Panel board bitmap made by ©FrankDiorio, as shown on his website [then niubniubsuniverse-dot-com]. Available to use but not for resale
- TOR-ported animated bits redistributed by DarthParametric