djh269

Porting the Jedi Masters heads into K1

@N-DReW25 should definitely incorporate the ported models into his End Cutscene mod, if he wishes of course!

There's a bit of a philosophical debate about who would actually turn up to the ceremony though haha. 

I've been planning to add them to the end celebration scene for a while, but I've been putting it off because I'd want to include their robes. Could just use the game robes or the ported knight robes I already did, but I'd like to tackle the master robes eventually anyway so it's the waiting game for now. For me at least.

4 hours ago, JCarter426 said:

I've been planning to add them to the end celebration scene for a while, but I've been putting it off because I'd want to include their robes. Could just use the game robes or the ported knight robes I already did, but I'd like to tackle the master robes eventually anyway so it's the waiting game for now. For me at least.

9 hours ago, djh269 said:

@N-DReW25 should definitely incorporate the ported models into his End Cutscene mod, if he wishes of course!

There's a bit of a philosophical debate about who would actually turn up to the ceremony though haha. 

I wouldn't be opposed to having an option for TSL masters. Instead of creating new robes for the masters based on the master TSL robes why not turn the master robes into a body model like Nemo's beige robes (Robes the player doesn't get to wear but robes NPCs wear as 'clothing'). 

If I had to decide what to do for my mod I'd give Kavar, Zaz and Vash K1 robes. Sure, they never wore those robes in TSL but Vrook wore red K1 robes in K1 and wore the normal TSL master robes by the events of K2. Plus, it would be very easy to simply port the K1 robes to TSL and give the masters K1 robes. If it were up to me, I'd give Kavar blue, Zez brown and Vash red.

16 minutes ago, N-DReW25 said:

If it were up to me, I'd give Kavar blue, Zez brown and Vash red.

Why not try to stick with the coloring of their KotOR2 robes?  It might be a little less of a leap and it would provide some sort of continuity.

1 hour ago, Sith Holocron said:

Why not try to stick with the coloring of their KotOR2 robes?  It might be a little less of a leap and it would provide some sort of continuity.

So the K1 brown robes? 

I'm just one guy so feel free to ignore my idea.  I suppose showing different options and getting a wider opinion is probably a better idea. 

But first, someone's got to port the models so . . . I'll just put that cart back behind the horse.

@JCarter426 I eagerly await what you produce for the Masters, you're right the Jedi Master robes will go best with the TSL ported Jedi Masters!

@N-DReW25 I've seen modified version of the K1 robes in ROR, I'm assuming the Jedi Robe models are already in TSL but unused? Correct me if I'm wrong of course haha. 

@Sith Holocron The possibilities are endless for the robes haha. 

If more progress comes from the ported models maybe I could start a poll? 

1. What Jedi Masters (TSL + K1) would actually appear in the K1 ending cutscene

2. What each of the Jedi Masters would actually wear: K1 robes, TSL Master Robes (all brown or variant colors)

2 hours ago, djh269 said:

What Jedi Masters (TSL + K1) would actually appear in the K1 ending cutscene

I had planned to replace the nameless trio with Atris, Vash, and Kavar, and then optionally spawn Vrook, Zhar, and Dorak somewhere else in the background.

What each of the Jedi Masters would actually wear: K1 robes, TSL Master Robes (all brown or variant colors)

I'd considered different options for Vrook, since he's seen in three different outfits, but as I've said, I would prefer if the others wear their real robes.

I've seen modified version of the K1 robes in ROR, I'm assuming the Jedi Robe models are already in TSL but unused?

1 hour ago, DarthParametric said:

Yes. Obsidian only replaced the medium I model. 

It's a weird situation. The large and small models are there, and I believe the K1 PFBIM was also saved under a different name. So 5/6 of the models are still there, and it wouldn't be difficult to restore the 6th. As far as I know only the brown texture variant was saved, but there is always porting, or at least there is now.

2 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

Yes. Obsidian only replaced the medium I model.

1 hour ago, JCarter426 said:

It's a weird situation. The large and small models are there, and I believe the K1 PFBIM was also saved under a different name. So 5/6 of the models are still there, and it wouldn't be difficult to restore the 6th. As far as I know only the brown texture variant was saved, but there is always porting, or at least there is now.

Oh okay thanks for clarifying! 

52 minutes ago, JCarter426 said:

I had planned to replace the nameless trio with Atris, Vash, and Kavar, and then optionally spawn Vrook, Zhar, and Dorak somewhere else in the background.

Oh man I completely forgot Atris somehow. I can definitely see her having to be dragged to the ending cutscene though along with Vrook. 

1 hour ago, JCarter426 said:

I'd considered different options for Vrook, since he's seen in three different outfits, but as I've said, I would prefer if the others wear their real robes.

Decisions decisions! 

All in favour of Zez-Kai Ells moustache having it's own UTC?

Apologies I probably should have known that. I think I just wanted that 'tache more than anything haha. 

8 hours ago, darthbdaman said:

Should Atris be there? I'm pretty sure she takes of with the holocrons before Dantooine gets nuked, and I don't think she comes back

Other masters in TSL thought tha she died at Katarr, so she must still be with the Order.

Its possible that she was "evacuating" holocrons in secret.

4 hours ago, DeadMan said:

Other masters in TSL thought tha she died at Katarr, so she must still be with the Order.

Its possible that she was "evacuating" holocrons in secret.

I also recall Atris saying "When both wars passed me by, I was determined not to forsake battle again." 

I always interpreted that as she saying she didn't do squat in the Mandalorian Wars, and also didn't really do anything noteworthy in the Jedi Civil War (apart from hoarding, Holocrons relocating to Telos IV)