zbyl2

M4-78EP 1.5 Released

Hi, I'm having an issue with Black Market Droid, the sound goes berserk and game crashes. TSLRCM 1.8.5 and M4-78ep 1.5. GoG version of the game.

Any help?

On 2/28/2019 at 4:03 AM, 2mg said:

Hi, I'm having an issue with Black Market Droid, the sound goes berserk and game crashes. TSLRCM 1.8.5 and M4-78ep 1.5. GoG version of the game.

Any help?

I had the same bug when I was passing 1.5 version. The only thing that helped me was the change of MP3`s bitrate from 320 kbps to 192. I don`t know why this is happening cause there are many other voice files with the same bitrate. And more: this issue doesn`t present on the Steam version.

Having an issue starting the installer. Upon opening the executable setup file-- M478EP 151.exe-- I immediately get an error that reads:

"Unable to create a temporary file. Setup aborted.

Error 123: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect."

I tried running the installer as an administrator, tried moving M478EP 151.exe to the game folder where swkotor2.exe is, and nothing has worked, same message each time.

I am using the Steam version of the game with the non-Workshop version of TSLRCM 1.8.5 installed, trying to install the non-Workshop version of M4-78 EP 1.5. I haven't started a new game yet as I'm trying to install all desired mods beforehand.

I did notice that I only got the executable file upon downloading, whereas previous versions of M4-78EP have contained many more files and folders. Am I missing some other files that I needed to have downloaded beforehand?

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

EDIT - Fixed it!

It was a separate issue. Followed this video's instructions: 

Edited by PrettyFly4aJedi

Really sorry to be a bother again, but now that the installer runs and claims to have installed M4-78EP 1.5, there are no file changes and the mod seems not to be installed. I tried to install Extended Enclave 2.5 afterwards, but the TSLPatcher installer stopped immediately telling me that M4-78 wasn't installed correctly. I've run M478EP 151.exe smoothly several times with no changes to the files. The installation part of the forum post says that it should ask you to indicate the path to the game's folder, but I think it's worth noting that it doesn't give me that option. It extracts all these files for the module folder, override folder and streamvoice folders, but these new files are nowhere to be found.

EDIT - Found that the files do... "exist," but are invisible and inaccessable for some reason. When the installer finishes, it gives me the option to open the Read Me, so I open that just fine. However, it does not come up whatsoever in Windows Explorer except in the "Save As..." window. From this window, I can even right-click the file and go into its Properties. There, the path clearly reads C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II\M4-78EP Readme.rtf, but disappears without a trace when I try to navigate to it in a new window. I feel like Obi-Wan looking for Kamino right now. 

M4-78 File Existance Evidence.PNG

M4-78 File Disappearance.PNG

Edited by PrettyFly4aJedi

So what you need to do is, search your registry for the string "deadlystream". It should take you to some saved install info somewhere in the registry. Delete the whole key and then when you run the installer it will ask you where to install. TSLRCM does the same thing.

Edited by ajdrenter
typo

On 2/28/2019 at 8:03 AM, 2mg said:

Any help?

Hi, 

Yeah. Same deal. GoG version as well. I suppose changing the bit-rate is the only solution for now?

21 hours ago, WarPorcus said:

Hi, 

Yeah. Same deal. GoG version as well. I suppose changing the bit-rate is the only solution for now?

There is an interesting thread about this problem:

https://deadlystream.com/topic/6961-black-market-droid-voice-clip-crash/

Anyway (and I think it has to work with all versions of TSL) there is an effective trick for avoid the crashes. It consists in rename the folder where are located the voice over dialogs of the droid. I haven't checked if the crash is due a particular file(s), there are 49 (in that case I assume would be enough rename the particular file(s)).

The path of the folder is "...\SWKotOR2\StreamVoice\802" (at least in the 4 cd's version) and the folder is called "blackmark". I've renamed it as "(NO) blackmark" and works fine. Now you can talk with the Black Market droid without problems, you'll not hear his voice but you'll see the text dialog.

On 12/26/2019 at 5:19 AM, Obi Wan Pere said:

There is an interesting thread about this problem:

Anyway (and I think it has to work with all versions of TSL) there is an effective trick for avoid the crashes. It consists in rename the folder where are located the voice over dialogs of the droid. I haven't checked if the crash is due a particular file(s), there are 49 (in that case I assume would be enough rename the particular file(s)).

The path of the folder is "...\SWKotOR2\StreamVoice\802" (at least in the 4 cd's version) and the folder is called "blackmark". I've renamed it as "(NO) blackmark" and works fine. Now you can talk with the Black Market droid without problems, you'll not hear his voice but you'll see the text dialog.

Yep, ended up doing this. I suppose that one droid not having a voice over is a small price to pay to continue playing.

• Like 1

Send me the files. I can look at fixing them after I get home from work. A 7z or RAR file will do nicely. PM them to so folks in the future won't grab the wrong package.

Luckily I had time to do this before jumping in the shower.

Move or delete files in the folder from the file path: \SWKotOR2\StreamVoice\802\blackmark.

If you renamed if as Obi Wan Pere suggest, return the folder to the original name.

Add the WAV files attached to this post to the aforementioned folder.

Report back with your findings, please - and tag me when doing so and that you are telling me about this specific character. 

Black Market Replacement Files - Test 1.7z

• Like 3

I didn't know that the conversion was already made. Glad to see the problem is fixed.

What about the same static/scratching noise -but without crash the game- of the voice droid in the Research and Develop room?

24 minutes ago, Obi Wan Pere said:

I didn't know that the conversion was already made. Glad to see the problem is fixed.

What about the same static/scratching noise -but without crash the game- of the voice droid in the Research and Develop room?

I just made the conversion for the Black Market Droid now. I was not involved with 1.5 so I had no oversight over any of the files. PM me the other files that have issues and I will check them out after I get home. (Alternatively, provide the filename path for those files.)

I haven't installed KotOR now.

Never got to identify its correct folder but if can be useful -for you or anybody- It's the droid (if I recall allright) that change its own programming, related with the side quest about the original colonists.

6 hours ago, Obi Wan Pere said:

Never got to identify its correct folder but if can be useful -for you or anybody- It's the droid (if I recall alright) that change its own programming, related with the side quest about the original colonists.

I believe I've figured out which one you're referring to now.  It's the droid I sometimes referred internally with the team as "The Inquisitive One" or the "Inquisitive Construction Droid Foreman."  If this is the droid you haven't been hearing, that's a shame that needs to be rectified as it's one of my favorite characters in this mod.

If anyone has a save from before they've talked with "him" and you'd like to try the following files out, here are the instructions for this different droid.

Move or delete files in the folder from the file path: \SWKotOR2\StreamVoice\803\empl.

Add the WAV files attached to this post to the aforementioned folder. You'll of course have to decompress the 7z.

Report back with your findings, please - and tag me when doing so and note which droid or droids you're testing. 

Inquisitive Construction Droid Foreman.7z

• Like 1

It must be the same droid identified by @Kainzorus Prime in the thread

"A similar screeching static, possibly due to a bad encoding, was found in one of IS-43's files in the Industrial Zone. It's his system overload warning performed by a female voice. However, this particular file does not seem to cause the game to crash."

I've downloaded the files but by now, without KotOR installed and without Saves, I cannot check them.

3 hours ago, Obi Wan Pere said:

"A similar screeching static, possibly due to a bad encoding, was found in one of IS-43's files in the Industrial Zone. It's his system overload warning performed by a female voice. However, this particular file does not seem to cause the game to crash."

Ahhh yes . .. that's the " Cleaning Droid Warning System " voice.  I've converted both her files and the Cleaning Droid Supervisor's files to the proper WAV format. Details for testing follow the same general format as listed above.

If anyone has a save from before they've entered the Industrial Zone and you'd like to try the following files out, here are the instructions for these voice files.

Move or delete files in the "804 overload" folder from the file path: \SWKotOR2\StreamVoice\804\overload.

Move or delete files in the "804 IS43" folder from the file path: \SWKotOR2\StreamVoice\804\is43.

Add the relevant WAV files attached to this post to the aforementioned folders. You'll of course have to decompress the 7z.

Report back with your findings, please - and tag me when doing so. You'll need to note which droid or droids that you're testing. 

See attachments for files.

3 hours ago, Obi Wan Pere said:

I've downloaded the files but by now, without KotOR installed and without Saves, I cannot check them.

Then someone else will have to test them then! ;)

804 IS43.7z 804 overload.7z

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am curious if anyone has had the chance to test out the sound files that I have attached in the last few posts. Seeing that I will probably be asking folks that haven't tried the EP to play it for the documentary, it would help them to actually hear the lines as they were meant to be heard.

On 1/28/2020 at 8:55 AM, Sith Holocron said:

I am curious if anyone has had the chance to test out the sound files that I have attached in the last few posts. Seeing that I will probably be asking folks that haven't tried the EP to play it for the documentary, it would help them to actually hear the lines as they were meant to be heard.

Your solution for Black Market and Construction droids works perfect for me. This was the only actual solution for this problem in the whole Internet, thank you.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MMMUTU said:

Your solution for Black Market and Construction droids works perfect for me. This was the only actual solution for this problem in the whole Internet, thank you.

You're welcome.

@zbyl2, you can put those sound files in the mod, if you want.

While working on the recent Russian translation for both TSLRCM and M4-78EP my guys tested all four droids with fixed voiceovers, no crashes so far, so it works fine.

Edited by Drazgar
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Drazgar said:

While working on the recent Russian translation for both TSLRCM and M4-78EP my guys tested all four droids with fixed voiceovers, no crashes so far, so it works fine.

Best of luck with your translation, my friend.

1 minute ago, Sith Holocron said:

Best of luck with your translation, my friend.

You may have noticed that TSLRCM is updated. Ask Zbyl ( :

13 minutes ago, Drazgar said:

You may have noticed that TSLRCM is updated. Ask Zbyl ( :

I'm more interested when M4-78 EP will be updated which is why I'm especially pleased to see feedback from you and @Zhaboka on the fixes.  I'll rejoice when fixes for that known problem are included in the EP going forward.  ;)

By the way: If @Hassat Hunter wants to include those fixes for the Steam 1.3 version of the EP, he's more than welcome to use them and he doesn't even need to credit me.

fyi those fixed VOs SH uploaded can't be used with steam version because aspyr broke something and wavs don't play