Sign in to follow this  
Sith Holocron

The "Fall of Kreia" Video

It's been a while since I've played the game so let me know if I'm remembering this incorrectly:

So my Exile has gotten to the point in the plot where she can ask Kreia "Then what were you?"

Usually this is the point where the BIK named KreMov01 plays.  

Here's where my issue comes into play.

I thought that in TSLRCM, it no longer played the pre-rendered BIK but rendered it within the game engine.   

Told you it was long time since I've played this.  LOL

No, they kept that part pre-rendered due to the cutscene-unique animations

All the animations are there.

It's SFX that's missing.

It might've been a matter of not being able to get Kreia's scream (during her beating) from the video - which wasn't available elsewhere in the game.  I know PastramiX (Hegirae) reassembled the music so that wasn't the issue. 

Or - perhaps - they couldn't match the movement to the audio.

In that instance you could presumably at least cap a new video and sync the audio to it manually so that at least it is in 1080 (or higher).

That's basically what I did in my third movie; used the in-game version for HD, Kreia's monologue from her voice files and used some of the SFX of Sion attacking her from the original BIK and used my own soundtrack to cover up the existing one.

Does something like this help at all? Just whipped it up now: 

• Like 1

Also did a side-by-side comparison of the two. I tried to get the cuts as accurate as possible since the original in-game one had some delay: 

Also, here's a version comparing the two, I tried to get the cuts between shots as accurate as possible, as there's some noticeable difference between the two when I compared them.

• Like 1

I made this once (6 years ago apparently :shock:):

All of it, including the sound, is in-game. It basically plays a track that is a mixture of the music and parts of the audio track of the original .bik video.

I did get a mod loooooooooooooong ago that ran the movie's track over the ingame stuff (was that bead-v's?). Seemed to work fine to me, but wasn't included for some reason. I probably still have it somewhere on an external hard-drive.

I did get a mod loooooooooooooong ago that ran the movie's track over the ingame stuff (was that bead-v's?). Seemed to work fine to me, but wasn't included for some reason. I probably still have it somewhere on an external hard-drive.

Well, it looks like DarthVarkor has already done that for us! 

If you find that file you were discussing, perhaps you could send it to bead-v so he can upload it.  (Variety couldn't hurt right?)

• Like 1

Made this some time a ago. Instead of adjusting the track, I changed the timings of the scene to match the sound.

Any chance you could upload your version as a mod too?

You know, the interesting thing I notice about these and the original is the BIK actually has Kreia's hood "filled" up while igname it's a gaping gap (just check when she's slapped around). Always found that funny looking but haven't really noticed until now that's not there in the BIK.

Yeah there's no interior lining to the hood, so when it is folded back the backfaces of the outer side are culled by the engine. It's not a super difficult thing to fix for that shot.

Edit: Actually, it seems like the problem is that the hood is clipping into the wall. I guess the animation needs tweaking.

• Like 1