Jorak Uln

Kotor 2 Texture Overhaul (TSL Origins)

For the Dejarik game, why not, do the same like you did for the billboards and commercial signs :)

Add a small circular plane, as a placeable, fit it nicely in the center of one of the tables, so you can pick a table or 2 to change and the other remain untouched.

Since it's a placeable you could perhaps add in a tiny Rancor with a hologram effect applied to it. But that would suck up polyies.

Perhaps; we could render out a few game beasties with the hologram effect, stick those to small planes on top of the Dejarik tables.

Just thinking out loud though ^^

Overall, Nar Shaddaa has always been my favourite planet, since I visited it in Dark Forces 2 for the very first time :D

• Like 1

Was that with Vue? 

Nah, thats Eden Prime. 

But i like the way they created that skybox and how its blends with that techy tower in the back.

This gives me an idea for Dantooine, can't wait to see your textures for Khoonda

Working on some skyboxes as well, so here a sneak peak of what to come:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

post-11673-0-54323000-1470324906_thumb.jpg

post-11673-0-02380800-1470324909_thumb.jpg

And this was made with Eden Prime?

No. It was made entirely from scratch - the Eden Prime pic was just for inspiration.

My jaw dropped. Dead serious. This is spectacular.

• Like 1

I love it. I think it greatly improves the atmosphere for TSL's Dantooine.

Ive a slight issue on Dantooine and would appreciate your opinion & ideas on that:

as you know, the Jedi Academy Ruins Library looks like this in vanilla:

post-11673-0-23295800-1470844856_thumb.jpg

Now my issue is about the yellow texture on the walls. Its very repetitive, so i have to hide it somehow. 

Here i tried to give it the same old gritty tex as the rest and while its looking like an old library, its also totally boring: 

(when playing K2, i always wondered about Obsidian giving the  Enclave sublevel such a musty atmosphere)

Old Version:

post-11673-0-19953900-1470845013_thumb.jpg

post-11673-0-22331700-1470845015_thumb.jpg

New Version:

post-11673-0-45406000-1470845068_thumb.jpg

post-11673-0-91497300-1470845070_thumb.jpg

post-11673-0-08368000-1470845072_thumb.jpg

As you see in the last pic, while the "windows" make the hall much more atmospheric , there are obvious flaws:

the contrast between the shiny windows and the old architecture is way too strong, further the windows only use a fake exterior that is distorted when moving close.

So any suggestions?

Yeah, the underground windows seem a little weird. Perhaps they could be made into screens? I guess that's only marginally better.

To be honest, I like the "old" version that you have in your post, with the addition of maybe, just maybe, putting some sort of Jedi Paintings on the walls?

Something similar to the Daredevil Season 2 Trailer:

Just an idea

@ VP, Kex:

well, judging by the entrance the enclave sublevel is only approx. 3-4 meters underground, so taking Dantooines undulating landscape into consideration, the windows thing might technically be possible.

But my first thought when i saw the yellow tex, was to make a family tree from the Sunriders with the names in shiny metal. 

And to get around the repetitive structure that would require modeling. 

Edit: 

you seem not so fond of the windows idea, right? Even if it takes away some of the musty atmosphere?

@ VP, Kex:

well, judging by the entrance the enclave sublevel is only approx. 3-4 meters underground, so taking Dantooines undulating landscape into consideration, the windows thing might technically be possible.

But my first thought when i saw the yellow tex, was to make a family tree from the Sunriders with the names in shiny metal. 

And to get around the repetitive structure that would require modeling.

That is a good idea. Sunriders, Qel-Droma, or even some of the more famous Jedi from Tales of the Jedi

Edit: 

you seem not so fond of the windows idea, right? Even if it takes away some of the musty atmosphere?

Yeah just seems too weird for it being the enclave sublevel. I guess if we looked at the maps and how things lined up, if we could conceivably see that that particular room might be facing an open Dantooine, I would personally be more in favor of it.

EDIT: To be fair, The Academy would be incredibly well lit and much cleaner if this was 5 years ago in game time.

VP: 

are you familiar with placing models?

Im not into that stuff at all, and since the two guys who helped me on it are not here now - DP is busy, aneeryrlue seems to be too - what about you?

Can you help me out placing a big plane model with the size of the yellow tex there? 

VP: 

are you familiar with placing models?

Im not into that stuff at all, and since the two guys who helped me on it are not here now - DP is busy, aneeryrlue seems to be too - what about you?

Can you help me out placing a big plane model with the size of the yellow tex there?

I have to get 3DS running on my computer, then I could maybe help. Pretty busy the rest of this week though

What about holographic shelves like they're seen in Episode II and also in the Dantooine library in TSL anyway. I always thought that there should be more of those in THE library of the Dantooine academy anyway and that wall might be the right place for them.

Since it's a place of meditation, I would think some jedi-themed molding or hieroglyphs would fit right in with it. I'm thinking a sort of jedi answer to Sidious' creepy sith artwork in his council chamber. If you were redecorating the tiny council rooms, some jedi painted murals could also apply.