Sithspecter

This is the Sleheyron Planet, which is a Work-In-Progress mod for KotOR

Ah, you mean in the actual skybox. I thought for a moment you were meaning the area modelling that SS did...

I'm not sure if SS has any plans to touch-up the skybox textures themselves or just leave them as-is for the restoration, but there's certainly no harm in someone making new textures after the mod's released. :)

Oh, not at all. The area modeling is beautiful, especially considering what's there to work with is bare minimal. My props

So sleheyron was possibly a star map world

Simply look on the computer in the dantooine ruins and you will see

Barren=korriban

Volcanic=sleheyron

Oceanic=manaan

Desert=tatooine

Grassland=dantooine

Aboreal=kashyyyk

Might be false but definatley a good theroy

I'm not 100% certain that Sleheyron is the volcanic world. I'm more inclined to think it's the barren world. The Ebon Hawk's galaxy map has a description for Korriban that says, "Terrain: Volcanic Mountain Range".

We see Korriban as a very mountainous place, which can very easily be indicative of volcanoes, active or dormant. Not necessarily the type of lava planet that we see in Mustafar, but lava nonetheless. I could go even further to say that the deep passages in the crypts and caves explored on Korriban was possibly partially filled with lava at one time, but that's just speculation.

Sleheyron, on the other hand, seems to be a city build on fairly flat ground, which is typically not associated with volcanoes or lava. In my opinion, the only reason that Sleheyron has been associated as a volcanic or lava planet was because everyone assumed Korriban was the barren planet. And the evidence in KotOR seems to point to Korriban being the volcanic planet, despite the lack of visible lava.

We're planning on leaving this somewhat ambiguous so that the player can draw their own conclusions.

From Sleheyron's Wookiepedia that I linked to above:

Sleheyron was a volcanic world where the few remaining wilderness were uninhabitable, made of jagged spires of basalt slag.

Also, under Physical Information/Primary Terrain, it says "volcanic."

On that same note, Korriban's Wookiepedia doesn't mention volcanic once instead opting for terms like mountains, canyons, and dry riverbeds. However, your mention of the Ebon Hawk galaxy map description muddles the waters even more.

Very interesting.

Checking Sleheyron's Wookieepedia for the reference to it's terrain links to an obscure, role-playing rulebook. If I had it handy, it would be interesting to see exactly what it said.

I don't necessarily trust Wookieepedia in this matter, and prefer to rely on what we know from KotOR. The way I see it, nothing in KotOR says Sleheyron is volcanic. But, the Galaxy Map in KotOR say Korriban is.

Either way, you won't see lava on Sleheyron. Like I said, we'll leave it ambiguous and the player can make their own assumptions about the planet.

I'm not 100% certain that Sleheyron is the volcanic world. I'm more inclined to think it's the barren world. The Ebon Hawk's galaxy map has a description for Korriban that says, "Terrain: Volcanic Mountain Range".

We see Korriban as a very mountainous place, which can very easily be indicative of volcanoes, active or dormant. Not necessarily the type of lava planet that we see in Mustafar, but lava nonetheless. I could go even further to say that the deep passages in the crypts and caves explored on Korriban was possibly partially filled with lava at one time, but that's just speculation.

Sleheyron, on the other hand, seems to be a city build on fairly flat ground, which is typically not associated with volcanoes or lava. In my opinion, the only reason that Sleheyron has been associated as a volcanic or lava planet was because everyone assumed Korriban was the barren planet. And the evidence in KotOR seems to point to Korriban being the volcanic planet, despite the lack of visible lava.

We're planning on leaving this somewhat ambiguous so that the player can draw their own conclusions.

I just assumed that Korriban was the volcanic planet since that's what the galaxy map said.

I had assumed that it referred to the barren landscape being due to long dormant/extinct volcanoes

Maybe once the planet was temperate, then thousands of years of volcanic eruptions turned the land barren before the volcanoes themsevles went extinct

My take, anyway

Just a thought, but now that David Gaider has left Bioware, have you thought about contacting him again to see if he would be willing to help flesh out some quest ideas?  Not holding breath obviously, but he's done mods in the past.

The quest lines have been pretty well fleshed out at this point. And when we contacted him, we sort of made an open offer for him to help, but he did not seem very interested.

• Like 1

Just a thought, but now that David Gaider has left Bioware, have you thought about contacting him again to see if he would be willing to help flesh out some quest ideas?  Not holding breath obviously, but he's done mods in the past.

He now works at BeamDog so it's not like he has a lot of free time on his hands now.

Will any equipment / items found on Sleheyron (Be it from merchants, quest rewards, or containers / dead bodies) be new, or will it all be preexisting content?

Another thing a lot of fan-created planets tend to lack are light/dark choices. From what I've experienced, M4-78 barely has any of those

Here's hoping Sleheyron has at least a few choices to gain or lose alignment points

The main quests have multiple outcomes/paths, and there will plenty of chances for you to alter your alignment.

For instance, you might find yourself in need of information from an NPC. You could offer to help the NPC with their problems (lightside), offer them cash or a bribe (netural), or intimidate/threaten them (darkside). There will be different options, however sometimes they will not always work. You may find yourself forced to pay a hefty bribe after a failed persuade or intimidation attempt.

• Like 1

I hope there won't be false options like in vanilla KotOR (persuade and computer use options that never work, no matter how many skill points you have into them).

While it may not be the most popular choice, Sleheyron will most likely feature unpassable options. This simply a logical game mechanic that makes sense, especially with computer terminals. However, we will do our best not to be extremely misleading with these.

• Like 1

Sleheyron is feeling more and more like a real planet each day! With another area complete and in the books, we are another step closer to completion. Work continues at a steady pace, with more progress every day. While we still have a number of areas to complete, I am beginning to see that there is in fact a light at the end of the tunnel.

After completing the latest area, I came to a realization. From no geometry in 3DSMax to complete integration into the planet, including lightmaps, camera blocking, lighting, area map, and accessible through normal doors was less than 30 days! Approximately 25 in fact. This is a personal record and a good sign of things to come. At this point I have done enough modules to establish a smooth flow for how the entire process should go, which has really expedited the process. To put this in perspective, the large Sleheyron street module took approximately 5-6 months to get to a similar state, and took extra time to incorporate various advancements and techniques that I have learned since then.

In addition, we are reaching a point in Sleheyron where major content can be implemented. This is a very exciting time, and we're going to get to see new life on Sleheyron very soon.

We still have a long road ahead of us, but this will be a good year for Sleheyron. We are very optimistic about this coming year. We still aren't going to post much here, because as always, we're here to produce a mod, not hype.

• Like 8

How much original Sleheyron content was left in the game files?

How much of that restored content are you implementing?

How much original Sleheyron content was left in the game files?

How much of that restored content are you implementing?

Essentially no content was left in the game from Sleheyron. The largest items left in the game files from Sleheyron are the 3 gladiator arenas, and the Sleheyron textures. Additionally, there are a few hall pieces of a Sleheyron area left in the game files, but nothing usable.

All content will be created by us, based on David Gaider's recollection of plot from Sleheyron. We have written plots for the major arcs that are an embellished version of the overall story that Gaider remembers writing for the planet. I think in the final release, we will just call it Sleheyron, rather than a Sleheyron Restoration, since at this point it is more ours than Bioware's.

Another thing a lot of fan-created planets tend to lack are light/dark choices. From what I've experienced, M4-78 barely has any of those

Eh, really?

While it may not be Nar Shaddaa, I'm positively sure it has more than

1) Peragus

2) Korriban

3) Dxun

4) Onderon

If you are open to suggestions for items that merchants can sell, I would like to suggest Onyx and Moonstone color crystals.

I think that's a bit too custom, as there's nothing to suggest as far as I know that those were intended colour crystals

Though they do say it's pretty much custom at this point, I think it's still on the basis of trying to make it as close as possible while still feeling like a complete world to what was originally intended, so creating completely unrelated content that doesn't fit in with the story holes that are filled is sort of against the idea of the mod