About This File
This mod adjusts the model files for TSL's main menu so that they properly fill the full screen width of widescreen aspect ratios (i.e. 16:9, 16:10).
By default, the vanilla menus will have gaps in the background at each side of the screen. This is an inherent issue of the model being designed for 4:3 aspect ratios, so when a widescreen mod (or Aspyr's version) is used, areas of the model are exposed that were not anticipated by Obsidian. This mod addresses the issue by scaling the width of the background plane so that it spans the full width of the screen, and adding an additional VFX emitter to the bottom right of the screen so that the fog also spans the full width. Additionally, a minor correction is made to the Easter egg menu to properly apply the appropriate texture to the eyes, eyelids, teeth, and tongue of one of the Twi'leks, which are untextured in the vanilla version. See the attached pictures for an illustration of the changes.
I have edited all 6 menu models, but in practice only 4 of those are typically used in the game (although TSLRCM does also make use of the Easter egg menu). I've included them all to cover all/most eventualities.
Note that this mod primarily adjusts the menu models. No changes are made to the background texture, so any custom version of that texture will work with this mod as well. Per a user request, I have added adjusted logo images to address the stretching on those (they are not part of the model). Both vanilla and TSLRCM versions are included (permission to modify/redistribute the TSLRCM logo provided by zbyl2).
As of v1.2, I have added optional TOR-style logos. These are based on the one GOG created for K1.
Obviously this mod will not be compatible with any other mod that also alters/replaces the menu models like, for example, my own DS player menu mod (although that can be installed over the top of this mod). Any update for TSLRCM will presumably overwrite the Easter Egg menu and the logo.
N.B.: This is NOT a widescreen mod! This is just a fix for when you are already using a widescreen mod like UniWS or Aspyr's natively widescreen version.
- Copy the MDL and MDX files from the "FOR OVERRIDE FOLDER" and paste them into your Override folder
- If you have TSLRCM, additionally copy the files from the FOR TSLRCM, overwriting when prompted in both cases
- If you wish to use the TOR-style logo, versions are supplied to fix stretching for those without a GUI fix, or unaltered if you use a GUI fix mod. Make sure you delete any existing KOTOR2Logo.tga in your Override.
- If you use Aspyr's version of TSL on Steam with TSLRCM installed from the Workshop, you'll need to use TSLRCM's Workshop folder Override folder instead. If you use M4-78, use its Override.
What's New in Version 1.2 See changelog
- Added optional TOR-style logos, based on the one created for K1 by GOG
- With version 1.2: