Logan23

The Return of.. Revenge of Revan

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

 

I know it has been a long ..long time since I last posted here.


 

I have been thinking about getting back into modding…  

Over the past few months I have been looking over the Revenge of Revan mod and seeing if I will return to it.

 

Then came the new Kotor Level Editor (KLE).. which changed everything..

 

Also tweaked the story for the mod to help with the pacing. 



 

I decided to return to finish Revenge of Revan.

 

The mod will be released in sections

There will be no human VO till after the mod is fully complete.

Using the KLE (Kotor level editor) to build the mod.

 

 

Will be looking to build a team.

I am looking for individuals to join the team - this would be for dialogue and quest writing.

The writing team members will be using the dlgeditor.

You will be adding your text in the dlg editor and once I have the file, I will add in the scripting to the dlg, for example jrl entries, LS/DS points, etc.

 

If your interested in joining the writing team, send me a message 😃


 

Team members: 

Writer : N-DReW25

Art: Redrob41

 

Also included a video showing off the new kotor editor and showing how it will help in production.

 

 

 

 

 

Logan23

  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Light Side Points 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks great :) Love the video on KLE as well, it’s a great demonstration of the level editor.

I’m definitely prioritising features and bug fixes that are causing issues for RoR.

Regarding the writing workflow, I’d suggest that you use DLGEditor to create the base dialogs, and then debug them with KLE’s visual dialog editor (which should reduce the amount of time you have to hop in/out of the actual game). I’ll prioritise adding the ability to open DLG files directly (rather than loading them from a module) for this purpose, if you like.

Can’t wait to see how the project continues to develop. Great work :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, lachjames said:

This looks great :) Love the video on KLE as well, it’s a great demonstration of the level editor.

I’m definitely prioritising features and bug fixes that are causing issues for RoR.

Regarding the writing workflow, I’d suggest that you use DLGEditor to create the base dialogs, and then debug them with KLE’s visual dialog editor (which should reduce the amount of time you have to hop in/out of the actual game). I’ll prioritise adding the ability to open DLG files directly (rather than loading them from a module) for this purpose, if you like.

Can’t wait to see how the project continues to develop. Great work :)

 

Thanks!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello there, Sith Holocron said I should chat you up regarding dialogue writing. I did do a dialogue pack back in the Holowan Labs days on KOTOR 1. Added about 20 pages worth of (subtitle only) dialogue. Good times.  I also tended to tweak dialogue for other modders. 

What kind of help do you need in that regard?

  • Like 3
  • Light Side Points 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2020 at 6:08 PM, Allronix said:

Hello there, Sith Holocron said I should chat you up regarding dialogue writing. I did do a dialogue pack back in the Holowan Labs days on KOTOR 1. Added about 20 pages worth of (subtitle only) dialogue. Good times.  I also tended to tweak dialogue for other modders. 

What kind of help do you need in that regard?

Looking for someone interested in writing dialogue for npcs. 
Also looking quest writers as well. 

 

The idea is that we would either go over an existing quest or a new one we both decide to add.

Then you would write the dialogue for the scenes while i build the quest. Once your done with the writing,.. i replace my dummy dialogue file with yours and add in the scripts, jrl entries, etc so its fully playable.

 

Let me know if this interests you 😃

thanks

Logan23

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like fun. I would need to look more into your mod's storyline, maybe play through whatever you have. If you have any notes on character concepts and such, that would be great as well. Is there a current link to what you've got? You can send it to my gmail account of Allronix1 

 

Edited by Allronix
  • Light Side Points 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're looking for some dialogue or storyline details, I can help out as well. My interests generally lie in the realm of editing, but I can see about making something consistent with your planned story.

  • Like 1
  • Light Side Points 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there! Glad to see this mod is back, although especially in 2020 make sure you're still looking after yourself! It really is amazing how KLE works! I sadly don't have any of the skills you're looking for, but I'd strongly recommend advertising on r/kotor (https://www.reddit.com/r/kotor/) if you still need people to fill in any positions. Whilst this mod is probably on a smaller scale team-wise and would handle dialogue differently, you may want to check out how the Tamriel Rebuilt and Project Tamriel mods assess candidates for their team. The respective links for that can be found here: https://www.project-tamriel.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=588 and https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/content/development-guides 

 

Best of luck with the mod and may the force be with you!

Edited by Theta_Campanile
Accidentally referred to Project Tamriel as Province Tamriel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to see this project getting resurrected. 

I haven't modded KotOR in so long and I've pretty much forgotten how so I'll be of no help there but if you ever need someone to voice a minor and inconsequential character, I might be down for that! haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @Logan23. I wouldnt mind helping where you need it. I have experience coding, mainly in web based code like java, js, html, css etc. but i know at least the general premises of other languages like C, C++. I could help out wherever you need it ideally. I have a system that can handle the game quite well.  I got my degree in March of 2020 in software development let me know mate! 

  • Light Side Points 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @Logan23, glad to hear you are back. I'm really happy that you want to finish the mod, but be sure to look after yourself, your health and putting in some selfcare first and foremost. That said, I'm willing to put in some work, as you said you needed some with quest and dialogue writing. (I can also support you with other things though I need to mrntion I have no previous modding experience. But I'm sure it's possible to learn e.G. the KLE if any help is needed on that front as well. But off course, first things first. I'm finishing my masters thesis approx. until the 1st of march, so before that there won't be a lot of time, but afterwards I'll have plenty. Ist there some platform you use as a modding team, like a discord or telegram channel?

Cheers, 

Marc

  • Light Side Points 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone,

 

I wanted to let you guys know we are hard at work on the mod.

I have a tutorial video on the KLE ( kotor level editor ) , where I show you how I'm placing in npcs, the dlg and the animation.

In the beginning of the video you will see the Hutt Lounge on Nar shaddaa fully populated and animated.

The tutorial is for you guys to see the inner workings of building a mod like this.

I hope the video is helpful for other modders, giving them a work flow using the KLE in their projects.

 

 

 

Second tutorial video is on setting up a combat level using KLE and Fair Strides's NPC Auto-Leveller 1.0.

Logan23

 

 

 

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Light Side Points 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I used to make mods for KotOR 2 when i was younger, I did voice overs for NewbieModders Korriban Mod.

Now I have a desktop setup with a nice mic and audio editing software. So If you need any voices, I'd be happy to help you! And I'm very passionate about KotOR, and about this project! I've kept my eye on it all these years, amazed at what you had already created and always wishing you well and wishing you had a good team of experienced modders to help you realize this vision. ❤️

 

- KK

Edited by Kali_BLISS
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kali_BLISS said:

I used to make mods for KotOR 2 when i was younger, I did voice overs for NewbieModders Korriban Mod.

Now I have a desktop setup with a nice mic and audio editing software. So If you need any voices, I'd be happy to help you! And I'm very passionate about KotOR, and about this project! I've kept my eye on it all these years, amazed at what you had already created and always wishing you well and wishing you had a good team of experienced modders to help you realize this vision. ❤️

 

- KK

What characters did you voice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You have no idea how happy I was to see this. I've been following this mod for probably a decade now, I believe I was about 11 years old at the time. So when I had seen that you had stopped working on it, I was really bummed out. So glad to see that it's being worked on again! Can't wait to see what comes!

Edited by KazdensLuck
  • Like 1
  • Light Side Points 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone,

 

We are well into Episode 1's production and everything is going well.

Wanted to post some images this time.

 

 

We started to add in the RoR's Load screens

You might see some new buildings in this module. Thanks to 

1.PNG

 

 

We will be having locations on the map where you can interact with Holonet News to discover what's going on in the galaxy.

7.PNG

 

 

Started to do some first drafts with the re skinning of the CEC facility.

3.PNG

 

Thanks to the KLE (Kotor Level editor), I was able to use placeables to create a wall which cut the room in half and help make it feel different.

4.PNG

 

Vogga the Hutt's room

5.PNG

 

A small Cantina on Nar Shaddaa

6.PNG

 

MORE TO COME,

 

Loagn23

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Light Side Points 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been waiting a long, long time. Longer than you've ever known. I played the demo, many years ago. I considered its quality to be very high.

But I will tell you this, young master Logan23, and I hope you will consider the words that I will say to you:

If you decide to give the main character a voice actor, please add an option that will disable the voice and disable the mouth movement, the same way the character in the original KOTOR games functions, while leaving all other voices enabled. I couldn't enjoy the "Mass Effect" game because the main character had a voice that couldn't be disabled except by disabling ALL voices. Your game would be more magical for me if he doesn't have a voice, while people who want it could enable it.

I am grateful to you for your dedication. I shall wait patiently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Ancient said:

I've been waiting a long, long time. Longer than you've ever known. I played the demo, many years ago. I considered its quality to be very high.

But I will tell you this, young master Logan23, and I hope you will consider the words that I will say to you:

If you decide to give the main character a voice actor, please add an option that will disable the voice and disable the mouth movement, the same way the character in the original KOTOR games functions, while leaving all other voices enabled. I couldn't enjoy the "Mass Effect" game because the main character had a voice that couldn't be disabled except by disabling ALL voices. Your game would be more magical for me if he doesn't have a voice, while people who want it could enable it.

I am grateful to you for your dedication. I shall wait patiently.

There will be no Voice for the PC.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I'm a new member 

But I know about ur work 

It's been so long I really hop it comes out soon and I hop it's worth the wait 

But I do have one question 

Do u have a time table when revenge of revan is coming out and can u make it compatible with kotor 2 the sith lords on andorid mobile platform 

1 minute ago, Revanbeta50 said:

Hi I'm a new member 

But I know about ur work 

It's been so long I really hop it comes out soon and I hop it's worth the wait 

But I do have one question 

Do u have a time table when revenge of revan is coming out and can u make it compatible with kotor 2 the sith lords on andorid mobile platform 

I forgot to mention that some files do work on Android but the movies don't 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2021 at 1:24 PM, Revanbeta50 said:

Hi I'm a new member 

But I know about ur work 

It's been so long I really hop it comes out soon and I hop it's worth the wait 

But I do have one question 

Do u have a time table when revenge of revan is coming out and can u make it compatible with kotor 2 the sith lords on andorid mobile platform 

ROR Writer here:

We do not have a time table for the release of Revenge of Revan Episode 1, but I can assure you that ever since I joined the project the mod has been taking shape nicely and a lot of progress has been made! The reason why we don't have a release date is because one of our major goals for this release is to ensure a bug free experience and bug fixing takes time.

 

On 7/14/2021 at 1:24 PM, Revanbeta50 said:

I forgot to mention that some files do work on Android but the movies don't 

Our current goal with Revenge of Revan is to ensure the mod works at all to begin with, once we have stabilized the mod with player feedback and bugfixes then we will have discussions for optimization for other platforms like Android.

  • Like 1
  • Light Side Points 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.