Sithspecter

This is the Sleheyron Planet, which is a Work-In-Progress mod for KotOR

Another major area model update: Due to Dastardly's unprecedented release of the amazing Walkmesh Injector, Sleheyron will feature, for the first time, areas that block the camera from going through the walls.

For years, new area modelers have been plagued with the inability to block the cameras from going through the walls. Now,it's not only possible, but I've already implemented it in several areas. This feature truly brings area modeling to a level playing field with the areas in the game already. With this knowledge, I will be able to implement some different design features into areas that wouldn't have been possible otherwise.

• Like 13

Every time I hear new updates about this game, I get excited, knowing Sleheyron is one step closer to being a reality.

Another major area model update: Due to Dastardly's unprecedented release of the amazing Walkmesh Injector, Sleheyron will feature, for the first time, areas that block the camera from going through the walls.

Awesome. That will really add the feeling authenticity. The areas looked great but due to the design it did feel a bit off having the camera swoop through walls.

It's amazing that so many years later things like this are still coming together.

• Like 2

The more I learn, the more I feel like this restoration really will feel like content officially placed there. It's stuff like this you don't even really think about consciously that adds to the feel of it. In fact, pretty much the only thing I can think of that might tip someone off at this point that Sleheyron wasn't vanilla would be the fact that all the NPCs would have to be aliens xD

It's stuff like this you don't even really think about consciously that adds to the feel of it. In fact, pretty much the only thing I can think of that might tip someone off at this point that Sleheyron wasn't vanilla would be the fact that all the NPCs would have to be aliens xD

The NPCs aren't all going to be aliens. There are a large number of humans written into the plot and character profiles. Much nearer to the completion of the project, I hope to hire professional voice actors to do a number of characters.

Ah, I stand corrected. The better this gets!

I doubt it should be an issue considering how well incorporated the lines Zhaboka voiced for K1R were

Ah, I stand corrected. The better this gets!

I doubt it should be an issue considering how well incorporated the lines Zhaboka voiced for K1R were

Indeed. I'm keeping Zhaboka in mind. I figure spending some cash to make the extra difference after I've spent hundreds if not thousands of hours on this will be worth it.

It's been a long time since I posted, but I have started work on the KOTOR 2 Piano tribute, and I recall that I did write some music for Sleheyron for the first KOTOR piano tribute after studying composer Jeremy Soule's style (he also did Neverwinter Nights, The Elder Scrolls III IV & V, Guild Wars, etc)

Sithspectre if you haven't seen my compositions, check them out here on the official KOTOR piano anthology, and let me know what you think. I can orchestrate the themes to sound more KOTORish rather than just have the piano sound, although if you want background music in some modules that differs, I can do that as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gv_-iAZZIQ

The NPCs aren't all going to be aliens. There are a large number of humans written into the plot and character profiles. Much nearer to the completion of the project, I hope to hire professional voice actors to do a number of characters.

Dern son...

Hire professional voice actors?

Dern son...

This mod is going to be pure awesomeness, aswell as pure perfection.

It's been a long time since I posted, but I have started work on the KOTOR 2 Piano tribute, and I recall that I did write some music for Sleheyron for the first KOTOR piano tribute after studying composer Jeremy Soule's style (he also did Neverwinter Nights, The Elder Scrolls III IV & V, Guild Wars, etc)

Sithspectre if you haven't seen my compositions, check them out here on the official KOTOR piano anthology, and let me know what you think. I can orchestrate the themes to sound more KOTORish rather than just have the piano sound, although if you want background music in some modules that differs, I can do that as well.

I love this so much! All of your work is good, but my favorite is definitely how you did Sleheyron. 

I've listened to your music, and it's quite good. I remember listening to it a while back, and it was refreshing to hear it once again. However, a surprising new development has arisen from listening to your tracks. In the Sleheyron section, you featured a screenshot of Sleheyron that I've never seen before, which led me to find the original as well as another fresh Sleheyron screenshot.

sleheyron06.jpg

sleheyron07.jpg

• Like 6

SS, outstanding work as always, im really excited for the finished product!

In particular, even if  tedious to create, the lightmaps are absolutely worth it.

SS, outstanding work as always, im really excited for the finished product!

In particular, even if  tedious to create, the lightmaps are absolutely worth it.

Please do note that those are original Bioware screenshots, recently discovered. They are not my work. From what I can tell, they are an even earlier stage of Sleheyron than the 5 ones that we've already found.

• Like 1

That speeder appears to be a copy of the one Elise is next to on Dantooine.... and/or the one used by the Gran that Hulas has you assassinate, if not appearing in even more places

Would be cool if there was a quest to reconstruct it and use it like the one in TSL or something. Wonder if it'd work

@ Sithspecter, yes that is Interesting. I'm glad you enjoy it. What are those weathervane things? I like that design, perhaps you could fidangle those into the background somehow? The proto-Sleheyron skybox is eerily similar to M4-78's, remarkable how both planets got cut from the vanilla of each game.

@ Mephiles thank you, I hope to put a more improvisational twist onto the KOTOR 2 piano adaptation. The first recordings start tomorrow afternoon.
Update Posted 10FEB2016, 09:02 PM [EST]
Glad this is going through. I may be of assistance with voice acting as I am a recording artist, and I would do it free of charge. Somedays I need to get away from everybody and get my geek on lol.

The proto-Sleheyron skybox is eerily similar to M4-78's, remarkable how both planets got cut from the vanilla of each game.

I hadn't noticed this post before. I'll add a quote remarking on what you noticed - from a LucasForums thread.

They're pretty much the same. It looks like the M4-78 skybox is a modified version of Sleheyron's, if you compare the two.

Sleheyron

LSL_sky02.jpg

M4-78

DRO_sky3.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Sleheyron skybox file is actually one of the few leftover things in the files and not custom made, correct?

Tbh, I prefer the colour tone of Sleheyron vs. M4, but the buildings need some work to look less obviously alpha

Of course when it comes to this mod, I'm sure that's one of the last concerns

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Sleheyron skybox file is actually one of the few leftover things in the files and not custom made, correct?

Tbh, I prefer the colour tone of Sleheyron vs. M4, but the buildings need some work to look less obviously alpha

Of course when it comes to this mod, I'm sure that's one of the last concerns

The Skybox has all but a top, so SS had to make one up and work up a texture for it...

Not sure what you mean by "look less obviously alpha", though.

I thought that you will try to restore it just when I heard about this planet long ago. That's great you're working on it. Keep the game alive ;)

The Skybox has all but a top, so SS had to make one up and work up a texture for it...

Not sure what you mean by "look less obviously alpha", though.

The buildings are noticeably very low res, particularly in the foreground

And I'm not referring to Kex's HQ skyboxes for comparison, just to clarify. Comparing to, say, Nar Shaddaa, the buildings in the distances look less blocky and don't stick out as much

Ah, you mean in the actual skybox. I thought for a moment you were meaning the area modelling that SS did...

I'm not sure if SS has any plans to touch-up the skybox textures themselves or just leave them as-is for the restoration, but there's certainly no harm in someone making new textures after the mod's released. :)