N-DReW25

Restored Content for K1CP [WIP]

I'm sure many of us play the Kotor 1 Community Patch (K1CP), it's the 4th most downloaded mod on Deadlystream after all! :thumbsup:

And I'm sure many of us might also know that the K1CP isn't compatible with the Kotor 1 Restoration (K1R mod)... you might be wondering, why is that? K1R is similar to it's K2 cousin, TSLRCM, in that it restores cut content, fixes bugs in the vanilla game and it expects you to install it first and any other mods installed afterwards need to be made compatible with it.

But K2 was rushed, Obsidian was forced to leave content unfinished and cut the rest to make way to make way for a release before the 2004 Christmas sales... this not only gutted much of the plot but it also left a plethora of bugs upon release. TSLRCM undoes all of this by restoring much of Obsidian's intended content for early 2005 and fixing many of the game breaking bugs. K1, on the other hand, wasn't like this. What was cut by Bioware was stuff that most players agree was *actually* cut for a good reason, and the bugs in the vanilla game weren't nearly as bad as they were in vanilla K2.

In K1R's "prime" from its full release in 2015 until K1CP's first release in 2018, K1R competed with many mods that were incompatible with it such as Kainzorus Prime's NPC Overhaul Mod... and since all K1R had to offer was minor and controversial restored content and minor bug fixes many players, including myself, opted for the much better incompatible mods.

With the release of K1R's 1.2 update, there have been a handful of critical bugs in the mod with some capable of breaking the game. This would normally be fixed by the Dev Team behind the mod, but one by one the original K1R Devs left the Kotor Community with only 2 K1R Devs remaining in the community. The mod's leader, ZM90, also vanished... without him, it's impossible to update K1R as he's the one who hosts it, more importantly, we can't obtain permission to update K1R or use assets from K1R.

With K1R being seen as undesirable by many and with no hope of it ever being fixed, the developers of the newly emerging K1CP mod abandoned K1R compatibility... just over 5 years later and K1R has become a obsolete relic of the past whilst the K1CP has become the ultimate bug fix mod for K1 standing alongside TSLRCM in importance (Not anywhere near as close, TSLRCM is still King... but its far superior to K1R).

Some modders might still make their mods K1R compatible, but I don't bother since K1R has those before mentioned game breaking bugs... why on earth would I put in the effort to make my mods K1R compatible if your game is guaranteed to break because you installed K1R? I'd much rather focus on K1CP compatibility as their dev team is active, are willing to fix bugs with their mod and are still working to this day to fix more vanilla bugs.

So this creates a problem... many of us play K1CP, but we can't have Restored Content due to K1CP being incompatible with K1R, and no one can update K1R as the original K1R Devs have abandoned the community... so how do we update K1R? How do we get K1CP compatible with K1R if K1CP Devs refuse to do it?

My answer: forget K1R...  The K1 Community Patch has already taken the mantle of the "main Kotor mod" from K1R and we can't change that, but we can work with this!

This thread is a WIP thread for an upcoming mod, one that you will install after the K1CP mod, one that will restore Kotor 1's cut content whilst having K1CP and it's many, many bug fixes installed!

I present to you: Restored Content for the K1 Community Patch or RC-K1CP for short!

Spoiler

qWN6hjo.thumb.png.8f2d340545fefbc1cb7b6371efac5515.png

(Logo by Sith Holocron)

Now we have to keep our expectations in check... this is currently a one man project, and I alone cannot recreate K1R in its entirety from scratch... though I can, however, restore much of the lesser restored content like impossible difficulty before working my way up to the big leagues like the Vulkar Sublevel.

Much of what can be restored is limited to my own modding abilities, so if I can't restore the Vulkar Sublevel constantly requesting it won't make me restore it... it'll be restored when I'm able to restore it, and if that time is not now it'll be some time in the future.

You might be wondering; won't this impact the development of my NPC Overhaul mod development? The answer is no... that is because the first release of the RC-K1CP Demo is ready for release!

In the coming week or two, I'm planning on releasing some screenshots from the mod to demonstrate what the mod has thus far alongside a YouTube video of an ambitious restoration. Once these are posted here, I shall release the RC-K1CP Demo here on Deadlystream for you to try out!

Updates for the RC-K1CP shall be done in two ways; they shall be done in either content updates which adds restorations and bug fix updates which fixes bugs with the mods. As with any other mods, I'd like for players to be ever vigilant for possible bugs and to report any if bugs do arise!

RC-K1CP does not follow the same "rules" as K1R and TSLRCM did, so you might see some restored content K1R avoided or never knew existed... so keep that in mind! With release version 0.1.0, you shall enjoy the following restorations from the RC-K1CP. :thumbsup:

Spoiler

General:
* Impossible and Very Easy difficulties.

Endar Spire

* N/A

Taris
* Restored Carth lines to the Alien Apartment Sith Raid (Audio created with AI).
* Restored a previously unaccessable Gurney line.
* Bribing Sarna or Yun Genda. You have to pay them to get to the party with them to acquire a suit of Sith Armor.
* Restored Zax's unique Hutt audio.
* Restored Uriah's unique Twi'lek audio
* Alternative Calo Nord audio in Taris Apartments.
* Extra lines in the Hendar cutscene.
* Restored Shaleena's unique appearance.
* Restored the serving droids in the Taris Upper City Cantina, Javyar's Cantina and Bek Base.
* Restored Vulkar NPCs chilling in Javyar's cantina.

Dantooine:
* Restored footlockers and unlocked the static footlockers in the Jedi Enclave.
* Able to make an indecent proposal to Rahasia or Shen, depending on gender.

Tatooine
* Extra Bastila lines when talking to Maana Demknot.
* Added the second guy helping guard the gates to the Dune Sea.
* Restored the Chadra-Fan NPC on Tatooine
* Senni Vek will now fight alongside Hulas on Tatooine

Kashyyyk
N/A

Manaan:
* Commander Grann replies to the Sith Security Officer.

Korriban
N/A

Leviathan
N/A

Unknown World:
* Mission will beg Carth not to run away moments before he runs away [Dark Side ending].
* Restored the 5th locker of the Rakata temple armory (which contained an unused weapon!)

Star Forge: 
* Expanded Zalbaar's Betrayal cutscene [Dark Side ending].

And lastly, there are some things you might consider 'cut content' which might be added to the RC-K1CP. If this cut content was found in pre-release screenshots between 2001-early 2003 before the games release it could be added to the K1 Pre-Release Pack instead and if it's from the XBOX version but was cut from the PC version it might be added to the Knights of the Old XBOX mod (which is due for an update anyway).

What do we think? Do you have any suggestions or recommendations? Anything you dislike in K1R you don't want to see in RC-K1CP?

• Like 4
  • Light Side Points 2

14 minutes ago, N-DReW25 said:

I alone cannot recreate K1R in its entirety from scratch

Well you don't really need to. While DS rules mean you can't rehost a modified version of K1R. there's nothing stopping you creating an installer setup that relies on the enduser downloading K1R on their end so you can make use of its content. Current changes being made to PyKotor (the backend of HoloPatcher) make the installer side pretty feasible, and it's even probable with the Nexus API that you could automate the downloading of K1R if you wanted to go that far. At the very least you could automate the extraction of the assets once it was downloaded.

That's of course assuming there's anything worth going to that much hassle for. I assume it would mostly be the level related stuff you'd want from it? Not that I personally think any of that is actually worth restoring in the first place.

Here are the most important things I'd like restored: 

-Outcast children in the Taris Undercity

-The Taris Sith Governor dropping the Governor's Robe and Sith War Sword items.

-The Hidden Beks walking around near the Bek base

-Getting a set of Sith Amor for yourself and Carth by attending the Sith party and stopping the interrogation of the Aqualish. 

-Shuma the Hutt on Dantooine

-Iriaz on Dantooine

-Garrum and Tar'eelok, the Twi'lek Jedi Master and Padawan on Dantooine

-Sharina Fizark on Dantooine

-Juhani's cut dialogue

-The Rakatan Band on the Unknown World and the puzzle to unlock it

• Light Side Points 1

5 hours ago, JasonRyder said:

Getting a set of Sith Amor for yourself and Carth by attending the Sith party and stopping the interrogation of the Aqualish

That one is pretty easy. I already did some of the script work for having multiple sets of disguises in a standalone mod - https://github.com/DarthParametric/K1_Taris_Sith_Uniform_Disguise_Extension

On 7/13/2023 at 1:16 AM, DarthParametric said:

Well you don't really need to. While DS rules mean you can't rehost a modified version of K1R. there's nothing stopping you creating an installer setup that relies on the enduser downloading K1R on their end so you can make use of its content. Current changes being made to PyKotor (the backend of HoloPatcher) make the installer side pretty feasible, and it's even probable with the Nexus API that you could automate the downloading of K1R if you wanted to go that far. At the very least you could automate the extraction of the assets once it was downloaded.

That's of course assuming there's anything worth going to that much hassle for. I assume it would mostly be the level related stuff you'd want from it? Not that I personally think any of that is actually worth restoring in the first place.

I... don't think that'd work; my main goal is to make a restoration mod that's compatible with and is installed after the K1CP and I see K1R 1.2 as being too broken to do that without intervention. In a hypothetical scenario in which I had full permission to use K1R's assets, I'd mainly strip it down, like you would an old car for parts, only to take the assets and files I'd need to recreate K1R's restored content.

Using the Injured Sith Apprentice as an example, I'd extract the scripts, triggers, dialogue and NPC coordinates from K1R's .MOD files and create a TSLPatcher to inject these 'raw' K1R files into the K1CP .MOD. Of course, not all the restored content would be that easy, I'd have to edit the scripts, journal and 2DAs to account for any new conditionals and whatnot.

But your last comment sums up my attitude on K1R quite well, I'm quite content with creating my own restorations from scratch... anything that's over the top complicated (for me) that would actually require me to fish out files from K1R just isn't worth the hassle... I can live without a Pazaak Tournament for example.

On 7/15/2023 at 8:00 AM, JasonRyder said:

Here are the most important things I'd like restored: 

These will come eventually, but let me explain point by point as to why these might be delayed for a time (they'll come in future updates eventually!)

-Outcast children in the Taris Undercity

K1R had a bug where the Outcast Children would wander out of the Village gate and into the Undercity, I'd have to experiment with the random walk script to see what I can do to prevent that from happening. I suspect the Outcast adults who walk around are walking on a set path so I might have to replicate that.

-The Taris Sith Governor dropping the Governor's Robe and Sith War Sword items.

Real easy, though I'll have to make some considerations here.

The Governor's Robe has 1 Defense Bonus and -5 to all saving throughs, it'd be suicide for the player to wear an item with those debuffs. I do intend to restore the actual Dark Jedi Robe item at some point so I might consider removing the debuffs and the Defense Bonus as, assuming the player only uses K1CP and RC-K1CP, by the time the player finishes their Jedi training they'll have the brown Jedi Robe and the black Governor's Robe that share the same stats... I don't want to encourage players to wear Sith Robes upon becoming a Padawan... by not having any Defence Bonus on the Governor's Robes it makes the brown Jedi Robe on Dantooine actually useful and on Taris the player can give the Governor's Robes to Bastila to replace her default Clothing.

Though that might be subjective, so I think it's better to wait and receive feedback then for me to add Governor's Robes with no Defence Bonus on day 1 release and get complaints.

And for the Sith War Sword, it's actually already restored in the mod... it's on Lehon.

On 7/13/2023 at 12:54 AM, N-DReW25 said:

Unknown World:
* Restored the 5th locker of the Rakata temple armory (which contained an unused weapon!)

I was hoping to keep it a surprise hence why I didn't say what it was, though do not worry... I do intend to add more Sith War Swords in the game at some point.

However, you must keep this in mind... there are only 5 Double-Bladed Vibroswords you can obtain in Kotor with 2 of them being on Taris. Since the Sith Governor already drops 1 of 4 Double-Bladed Vibroswords, if I replace his Double-Bladed Vibrosword with the Sith War Sword that'd reduce the number of Double-Bladed Vibroswords in the game to 4. Since you obtain a Double-Bladed Vibrosword through killing the Hidden Beks, a Light Side player would then be restricted to just 3 Double-Bladed Vibroswords and I do plan on replacing the Dantooine Mandalorian's Double-Bladed Vibrosword with a modded weapon in another mod so then it'd become 2 Double-Bladed Vibroswords.

But... I do intend to make loot mods that could add more Double-Bladed Vibroswords in the game either through enemy drops, placeable loot or merchants... so it's possible that once these mods are made and released I might consider restoring the Sith War Sword on the Sith Governor.

-The Hidden Beks walking around near the Bek base

This shouldn't be too hard to recreate, I believe K1R borrowed a script from one of the old Lower City Restoration mods from Filefront with permission... though a random walk script that prevents them from stumbling into the Canderous cutscene in the Lower City shouldn't be too difficult.

-Shuma the Hutt on Dantooine

Here's a little something I learned in ROR.

When the player talks to an NPC, that NPC will rotate to face the placer... if I just add Shuma to the Enclave if I where to speak to Shuma from his left the Hutt's entire body is rotated to face me... that's considered a bug.

You see; with Ajuuur, Zax and Motta their NPC file is locked facing a single direction and if you try to speak to them from their left the player is instead teleported in font of the Hutt and a static camera is pointed at the Hutt as they talk to try and hide the teleportation.

This is why Ajuur and Zax are pressed against a wall with couches to their left and right, its done as a way to force the player to stand in front of the Hutt when they interact with them... the idea is that if the player is standing in front of the Hutt as they try to talk to them it'd be even less obvious that the player was teleported, without this elaborate 'freezing the Hutt' and teleporting the player feature the Hutt NPCs would rotate their entire bodies and it'd look real stupid.

Why do I mention this? I'd have to recreate this sort of teleportation system with Shuma if I'm to properly restore him.

What's worse is that I have evidence that Shuma was intended by Bioware to appear in the Enclave apartments, and those apartments are usually occupied by S'olaa the Pazaak Player, the Matales and Sandrale NPCs and the Droid Widow lady.

475483-ko_009.jpg.4b978f31d8541feaa6bbda7320725262.jpg

-Iriaz on Dantooine

This shouldn't be too diffcult.

-Garrum and Tar'eelok, the Twi'lek Jedi Master and Padawan on Dantooine

If all the associated dueling scripts exist in the game files, all I'd need to do is add them in-game and add triggers to fire their dialogues.

This one isn't so easy for a non-scripter like myself.

I think I'd need to modify the on-enter script for the Enclave and I'd need to modify this script to see if the flags for giving Sharina Fizark the credits are active. If these flags are active I'd then have to spawn her in using the script.

This is definitely one of the restored content features I'd analyze to get an idea of how this content is supposed to be restored, though I do believe there are independent Sharina Fizark mods I could analyze.

-Juhani's cut dialogue

Didn't @Leilukin restore this already?

Her mod's permission does say this:

6. PERMISSION:

You may do whatever you want with this mod, including using this mod's assets in your own mod. Credit is appreciated but not necessary.

If that's the case, I might integrate her mod with my own at some point.

-The Rakatan Band on the Unknown World and the puzzle to unlock it

I personally haven't studied this cut content in the files, and I've never played K1R far enough to encounter it.

All I know is that is exists, and it looks complicated... out of your entire list this here might be the most unlikely one to be done by me any time soon :(

23 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

That one is pretty easy. I already did some of the script work for having multiple sets of disguises in a standalone mod - https://github.com/DarthParametric/K1_Taris_Sith_Uniform_Disguise_Extension

The TSLPatchdata folder in this one only has a changes.ini and the info.rtf, no files. However, I should be able to recreate the scripts using the sources files and rewire the changes.ini to inject its content into K1CP's .MOD files.

This is a great first step, though I've read the readme for this mod and I'd like to ask about this last bit.

Changes the requirement to access the Lower City elevator to all party members wearing a Sith Soldier disguise rather than just one. Adds extra disguises to the party and interrogation scenes in the Upper City North Apartments. 

So the Sith Guard at the elevator will check for two Sith Soldier disguises and Gadon will take two Sith Soldier disguises... but the way you get the second disguise is that the backpack at the party will carry two Sith Soldier disguises and a second Sith Soldier during the interrogation will drop a second Sith Soldier disguise?

I bring this up as, in the cut content/K1R, the player was supposed to attend both the party and the interrogation. You'd pick up one disguise from one event and you could wear it to another, the interrogators dialogue would change if you're wearing a Sith Soldier disguise and the party Sith won't invite you into the party if you're wearing a Sith Soldier disguise.

1 minute ago, N-DReW25 said:

I'd mainly strip it down, like you would an old car for parts, only to take the assets and files I'd need to recreate K1R's restored content.

Which is exactly what I was suggesting. Just bypassing the need to ask for permission, since you'd leave supplying the content to the enduser.

2 minutes ago, N-DReW25 said:

Using the Injured Sith Apprentice as an example, I'd extract the scripts, triggers, dialogue and NPC coordinates from K1R's .MOD files and create a TSLPatcher to inject these 'raw' K1R files into the K1CP .MOD. Of course, not all the restored content would be that easy, I'd have to edit the scripts, journal and 2DAs to account for any new conditionals and whatnot.

Again, exactly what I was suggesting. You create an installer framework on your end with everything except the raw assets. You'd have to create some stuff yourself from scratch, like certain scripts and so forth, but primarily what I was suggesting it for was the big ticket items like level models.

5 minutes ago, N-DReW25 said:

The TSLPatchdata folder in this one only has a changes.ini and the info.rtf, no files.

The binary content is in the releases section. The script source and ini data is presumably what you are actually interested in though. Especially since there's the possibility of needing to merge them with K1CP alterations to those (or related) scripts that have happened in the time since that mod was first made.

8 minutes ago, N-DReW25 said:

I bring this up as, in the cut content/K1R, the player was supposed to attend both the party and the interrogation. You'd pick up one disguise from one event and you could wear it to another, the interrogators dialogue would change if you're wearing a Sith Soldier disguise and the party Sith won't invite you into the party if you're wearing a Sith Soldier disguise.

Yeah, it's not a full solution if you want to replicate K1R, hence why I only said I had done some of the work. You'd have to make some additional script changes to prevent one or the other being blocked (IIRC it's in the module's OnEnter). And DLG alterations, assuming there's not already vanilla provision for it.

On 7/16/2023 at 1:29 PM, DarthParametric said:

Which is exactly what I was suggesting. Just bypassing the need to ask for permission, since you'd leave supplying the content to the enduser.

Again, exactly what I was suggesting. You create an installer framework on your end with everything except the raw assets. You'd have to create some stuff yourself from scratch, like certain scripts and so forth, but primarily what I was suggesting it for was the big ticket items like level models.

That might certainly come in useful for the more complex restorations like the Pazaak tournament! Are PyKotor and HoloPatcher new or are they currently in-development? I haven't seen many mods with these installers (Assuming they're installers by the word 'Patcher').

On 7/16/2023 at 1:29 PM, DarthParametric said:

The binary content is in the releases section. The script source and ini data is presumably what you are actually interested in though. Especially since there's the possibility of needing to merge them with K1CP alterations to those (or related) scripts that have happened in the time since that mod was first made.

Yeah, it's not a full solution if you want to replicate K1R, hence why I only said I had done some of the work. You'd have to make some additional script changes to prevent one or the other being blocked (IIRC it's in the module's OnEnter). And DLG alterations, assuming there's not already vanilla provision for it.

Yep, this would be a good stepping stone to form the basis of an Armor restoration... I do believe the DLGs are already setup expecting the player to interact with the NPC already wearing a Sith Armor disguise (So you'd speak to the NPC with the intent to get the 2nd disguise) but that dialogue isn't seen in-game as the NPCs disappear when the first armor is obtained.

For anyone else reading this, the RC-K1CP Demo has been uploaded and can be found in the following link once it's approved by an Administrator: 

54 minutes ago, N-DReW25 said:

Are PyKotor and HoloPatcher new or are they currently in-development?

It's from Cortisol, creator of Holocron Toolset. It's still a work in progress, but so far it can handle installing 99% of most TSLPatcher setups. Hopefully its capabilities will be expanded in the future as well (like adding new TLK patching functionality, for example). The fact that it is open source and in Python, a popular language, means there is potential for cobbling together a custom installer as I suggested above.

54 minutes ago, N-DReW25 said:

I haven't seen many mods with these installers (Assuming they're installers by the word 'Patcher').

I don't think anyone is using it as their primary installer right now (although technically HoloPatcher is designed to be standalone and work with existing INIs). But in the future I can see abandoning TSLPatcher and migrating K1CP to it once new features are added. Plus it offers native multi-platform support.

Thanks for making a restoration mod that is compatible with the K1 Community Patch. I don't care what anyone says. I think restoration mods like K1R are essential and add a lot of replayability to the game. I disagree with "most players." Personally, I find cut content is fascinating and I think it's worth restoring if feasible. Anything that adds more content to the game and enhances the experience is fine by me. It was really frustrating not being able to play K1R and K1CP together and have both mods working on a permanent override folder. It really annoys me how some people on another website actively discourage players from playing K1R and belittle all the hard work that went into developing it. I hope this mod carries forward the legacy of K1R and retains a lot of the great content that it restored while adding more and providing a more seamless experience. I'm really looking forward to it!
By the way, the new AI voiced dialogue for Carth sounds great. It makes me excited about the prospect of having fully voiced protagonists for these games one day.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2023 at 11:15 AM, N-DReW25 said:

Yes, my Juhani Dialogue Restoration was made specifically for players who want the cut Juhani dialogue but do not want to use K1R. You may integrate my mod into your KotOR 1 restored content mod if you want to.

22 hours ago, Darth Imperitus said:

It makes me excited about the prospect of having fully voiced protagonists for these games one day.

Don't expect mods that make the KotOR protagonists fully-voiced will happen. It will require extremely extensive work, involving not just in creating voice-overs for every single dialogue option for the player characters, but also editing most dialogue files of the entire game to find a way to play the PC's voiced lines after selecting a dialogue option. This will conflict with almost all existing KotOR mods that edit dialogue.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Darth Imperitus said:

Thanks for making a restoration mod that is compatible with the K1 Community Patch. I don't care what anyone says. I think restoration mods like K1R are essential and add a lot of replayability to the game. I disagree with "most players." Personally, I find cut content is fascinating and I think it's worth restoring if feasible. Anything that adds more content to the game and enhances the experience is fine by me. It was really frustrating not being able to play K1R and K1CP together and have both mods working on a permanent override folder. It really annoys me how some people on another website actively discourage players from playing K1R and belittle all the hard work that went into developing it. I hope this mod carries forward the legacy of K1R and retains a lot of the great content that it restored while adding more and providing a more seamless experience. I'm really looking forward to it!

I wouldn't say most players dislike K1's cut content, I believe that if the players have to chose between just K1 restored content and many bug fixes most players would rather play with K1CP and its many bug fixes. That is the reason why my most recent mods aren't compatible with K1R, K1R is buggy due to the Dev Team being non-existent in 2023 so I might as well stick with the big mod with an active Dev Team that most players already use.

But with the release of the RC-K1CP mod, this won't have to be the case... if players want restored content they can now install RC-K1CP on top of the K1CP mod and get the best of both worlds without the hassle.

2 hours ago, Leilukin said:

Yes, my Juhani Dialogue Restoration was made specifically for players who want the cut Juhani dialogue but do not want to use K1R. You may integrate my mod into your KotOR 1 restored content mod if you want to.

Thank you, I shall get the integration out in the next update! :thumbsup:

• Light Side Points 1

21 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

I wouldn't say most players dislike K1's cut content, I believe that if the players have to chose between just K1 restored content and many bug fixes most players would rather play with K1CP and its many bug fixes. That is the reason why my most recent mods aren't compatible with K1R, K1R is buggy due to the Dev Team being non-existent in 2023 so I might as well stick with the big mod with an active Dev Team that most players already use.

But with the release of the RC-K1CP mod, this won't have to be the case... if players want restored content they can now install RC-K1CP on top of the K1CP mod and get the best of both worlds without the hassle.

Thank you, I shall get the integration out in the next update! :thumbsup:

I think a lot of it is because K1 is basically a complete game already, whereas TSL was a completely different kettle of fish and TSLRCM is a very necessary modification.

Most of the cut content in K1 is fairly unsubstantial in comparison and doesn’t really add that much in terms of replayability. The appeal of restoring K1 content and playing through it is more a novelty thing in my mind. 

Not to discourage you obviously, if you can restore it all well and maintain the mod better than K1R has been then great, I’ll certainly be giving it a whirl! 

• Light Side Points 1

On 7/25/2023 at 4:25 PM, DarthParametric said:

It's from Cortisol, creator of Holocron Toolset. It's still a work in progress, but so far it can handle installing 99% of most TSLPatcher setups. Hopefully its capabilities will be expanded in the future as well (like adding new TLK patching functionality, for example). The fact that it is open source and in Python, a popular language, means there is potential for cobbling together a custom installer as I suggested above.

It's recently been updated by th3w1zard1 th3w1zard1/PyKotor:

requested by DarthParametric by th3w1zard1

Though given that you requested it, I figure you might already be aware of this.

On 7/25/2023 at 4:25 PM, DarthParametric said:

I don't think anyone is using it as their primary installer right now (although technically HoloPatcher is designed to be standalone and work with existing INIs). But in the future I can see abandoning TSLPatcher and migrating K1CP to it once new features are added. Plus it offers native multi-platform support.

I am using the modified version from the3w1zard1 as my primary installer, for the Expanded Galaxy Project.

It works well for my project currently, but it's definitely still a work in progress.

As for this mod, unfortunately I am unfamiliar with both mods in question so don't have much to say other than agreeing with DarthParametric's comments regarding the fact you could just release a compatibility patch.

• Thanks 1

I've been tinkering with some cut content, and I'm sure once you all read about you'll all agree with @Marius Fett about the content being "fairly unsubstantial".

The 1st bit of cut content is the easiest to explain and the easiest to implement: Alternative Dark Jedi Loot on Kashyyyk.

In the game files, the UTC files for the Dark Jedi trio on Kashyyyk share the exact same name as the Tatooine Dark Jedi Trio. If you aren't familiar with UTC filenames these NPCs are named "tat17_darkjedi01", "tat17_darkjedi02" and "tat17_darkjedi03", my guess is that Bioware developed the Tatooine Dark Jedi Trio encounter first and went on to copy & paste this encounter on Kashyyyk.

But in Kashyyyk files are several unused Dark Jedi UTC files called "kas22_darkjedi02", "" and "kas22_darkjedi03". This is just my assumption, but it's possible that Bioware intended for the Kashyyyk Dark Jedi to have the word "kas" in their filenames like every other Kashyyyk NPC but realized it'd be quicker to simply copy & paste the Tatooine UTCs and scripts to Kashyyyk.

The interesting thing about these unused kas22 Dark Jedi is that their loot does not match the final tat17 Dark Jedi, the loot is very similar to the tat17 Dark Jedi which seems to indicate that the kas22 Dark Jedi loot was an earlier draft for those NPCs before we got the final product.

Here is the loot comparisons between the two Trios: orange represents a direct change between the two versions, blue represents a cut item found on the Kas Dark Jedi and green represents a new item added to the tat17 version.

Spoiler

tat17_darkjedi01: Damind Crystal, Echani Dueling Shield, Violet Lightsaber, Datapad

kas22_darkjedi01: Damind Crystal, Sith Energy Shield, Dark Jedi Lightsaber, Datapad, Verpine Ocular Enhancer

tat17_darkjedi02: Yellow Crystal, Nextor Crystal, Sith Energy Shield, Violet Short Lightsaber, Red Short Lightsaber

kas22_darkjedi02: Yellow Crystal, Nextor Crystal, Bavakar Reflex Enhancement, Violet Short Lightsaber, Dark Jedi Lightsaber

tat17_darkjedi03: Yellow CrystalVerpine Cardio-Regulator, Red Double-Bladed Lightsaber, Dark Jedi Knight Robe

kas22_darkjedi03: Advanced Adrenaline Amplifier, Red Double-Bladed Lightsaber, Dark Jedi Knight Robe

This should be easy to implement and shouldn't be too controversial, I don't intend to replace the tat17 Dark Jedi with the kas22 Dark Jedi in the GIT file... instead I'm going to add some of the kas22 loot into the tat17 UTCs. I say some because I don't think it'd be for the best to create an identical copy of the kas22 loot, if I did that the player would lose a Yellow Crystal, a Short Lightsaber and a Violet Lightsaber (At this time, I'm not restoring the Dark Jedi Lightsaber).

I want to merge the two so the player gets the most out of both Dark Jedi Trios, the player shall get the chance to receive the (rather weak) Verpine Ocular Enhancer and the cut Bavakar Reflex Enhancement implant whilst keeping the Violet Lightsaber and Short Lightsabers.

And the 2nd bit of cut content is the: Alternative Upgrades.

In Kotor Tool, the UTI files have 4 sections called "General", "Properties", "Description" and "Comment". In the comment sections of certain UTI files are some notes left behind by Bioware developers.

For example, I shall use "Calo Nord's Battle Armor". In the vanilla game, his armor has Defense Bonus +9 and  Damage Resistance: Resist 10/- vs. Cold, Fire, Sonic. If you upgrade it the stats become Defense Bonus +12, Damage Resistance: Resist 10/- vs. Cold, Fire, Sonic and Immunity Critical Hits/Mind-Affecting.

But if you check the comment section the armor stats would've been Defense Bonus +11, Damage Resistance: Resist 10/- vs. Cold, Fire, Sonic which would become Defense Bonus +12, Damage Resistance: Resist 10/- vs. Cold, Fire, Sonic and Immunity Critical Hits/Mind-Affecting when you upgrade it.

Most upgradeable armors are like this, their upgraded end result in the dev comments are exactly the same as they are in the final game but the base stats are different. In the vanilla game, the base defense bonus is low and the upgrade would add between 2 to 4 defense bonus to make it strong whereas in the comments the base defense bonus is higher with the upgrade only adding 1 extra defense bonus.

Other than that, there are a few extra things I've learned about upgradeable armors: the Echani Fiber Armor and Republic Mod Armor comments were unfinished so there's nothing to edit here but most interestingly the Verpine Zal Alloy Mesh has an unfinished comment... I can't say what Bioware had planned for the Verpine Zal Alloy Mesh but this note does confirm that, at one point, the Verpine Zal Alloy Mesh was intended to be upgradeable before it was scrapped. I'm thinking of editing the Verpine Zal Alloy Mesh to start with a base Defense Bonus of +11 and upgrades will make it Defense Bonus +12 with Damage Resistance: Resist 25/- vs. Cold, Fire, Sonic as it is in vanilla.

Whilst I've studied the armor UTIs, I've yet to inspect all of the weapons though I can confirm there are comments there as well. I've only checked the Vibrosword section thus far and I can tell there are some ancient gems written in here with old concepts and scrapped features.

Below is a copy & paste of the intended upgrades for Bacca's Ceremonial Sword:

Spoiler

+2 to hit and damage.  Deals out extra 2 energy damage and gives a +2 to hit while using Flurry.    

Vibration Cell: +2 to hit and damage. Increases the critical range when using critical strike.

Durasteel Bonding Alloy: Immune to Lightsaber parry destruction

Energy Projector:  Deals out an extra 1-4 energy damage.    

Hello, N-DReW25!

I'd be interested in the full restoration of the complete set of Bavakar packages. Have you perhaps made any test about them and checked they work properly and there is nothing incomplete about them? Also, we see here that one of the Dark Jedis on Kashyyyk was supposed to have one of these three items. Do you perhaps know where the other two were originally supposed to be found/bought?

Cheers!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Salk said:

Hello, N-DReW25!

I'd be interested in the full restoration of the complete set of Bavakar packages. Have you perhaps made any test about them and checked they work properly and there is nothing incomplete about them? Also, we see here that one of the Dark Jedis on Kashyyyk was supposed to have one of these three items. Do you perhaps know where the other two were originally supposed to be found/bought?

Cheers!

These implants should work correctly: the Bavakar Cardio Package does +2 Constitution, the Bavakar Reflex Enhancement does +2 Dexterity, the Bavakar Memory Chip does +2 Intelligence, they all have unique icons and they all cost 2000 credits. Whilst the Bavakar packages do work, I have found a few items which one could consider 'broken' in a way...

A common pattern with armor items for example is that the item ID will be called something like "g_a_class4001" and each time the value goes up (4001, 4002, 4003 etc.) the armor gets stronger and more expansive. Though this doesn't seem to be the case with the cut Cinnagar Weave Armor item which has a Defense Bonus of 6, a price of 2000 and the item ID "g_a_class4004" whereas the Massassi Ceremonial Armor item which has a Defense Bonus of 5, a price of 3000 and the item ID "g_a_class4005".

Those two items are inconsistent, if it were consistent I believe the Massassi Ceremonial Armor should have a Defense Bonus of 7 instead of 5... though obviously that's just my educated guess so this might be a feature of the Unofficial K1CP Tweak Pack instead of RC-K1CP. The reason I bring this up is because the Bavakar packages are entirely consistent with the other implants, the +1 Attribute Implants cost 1000 credits, the +2 Bavakar Implants cost 2000 credits, the +3 Attribute Implants cost 7500 and the +4 Attribute Implants cost 15000. The jump in price between the +2 and +3 Attribute Implants is quite steep though it does make sense considering how much stronger a +3 in Attributes is when compared to the +2.

And one final thing about inconsistent stats for cut items, the cut Cinnagar Plate Armor and Mandalorian Armor both have the EXACT same stats with a Defense Bonus of 10 and a Sonic Resistance 25 even though the Cinnagar Plate Armor cost 4000 credits and the Mandalorian Armor costs 9000 credits. This is made worse by the fact that Mandalorian Armor is a class 8 (g_a_class8004) armor whilst the class 9 (g_a_class9003) Mandalorian Battle Armor with a Defense Bonus of 11 costs 4000 credits.

But to actually answer your question; the Bavakar Reflex Enhancement shall drop from one of the Kashyyyk Dark Jedi. The Bavakar Cardio Package actually already drops from Sasha the Selkath if you kill her, I may add a 2nd Cardio Package so Light Side players may obtain this item. And finally,  I do not have any evidence at this time to prove that the Bavakar Memory Chip was intended to drop in-game like I can the Reflex Package... I'll decide at a later date an appropriate area in the game where this item may be found. I hope to pick a location that makes sense, so that when the player realizes it's a restored item they'll go "Huh, I never noticed!"

• Like 1

Well I know your mod is a dedicated Restored mod.  Also adjusting prices to make them more sensible and increase prices if you are going to add traits to them. Also with Broken/overpowered equipment should be end game equipment only if you are planning to keep them broken as is. So it is alright to  adjust them to make them fit to that stage of the game

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DeathScepter said:

Well I know your mod is a dedicated Restored mod.  Also adjusting prices to make them more sensible and increase prices if you are going to add traits to them. Also with Broken/overpowered equipment should be end game equipment only if you are planning to keep them broken as is. So it is alright to  adjust them to make them fit to that stage of the game

Yeah, I'm strongly considering readjusting the stats of the broken cut items where I see fit... especially with the Cinnagar Plate Armor and Mandalorian Armor. Speaking of the Mandalorian Armor, in the upcoming Heart of Beskar mod found here I've replaced the Mandalorian Armor with an item called "Echani Heavy Armor"... I'll probably have to make some sort of patch for these two mods when Heart of Beskar is released and RC-K1CP restores the Mandalorian Armor.

• Like 1

This  is just me, Regardless of how powerful the item truly is or the stage of the game, it should be available to the Enemy and Player at that stage.   As for Boss Characters that you are developing, it is alright to give them slightly stronger equipment.

Oh, crap, how did it take me two months to see that this was a thing?! Despite its flaws, I've been an avid K1R fan since its release, so this is huge to me

I've heard talk of a "K1R Lite" to fulfill pretty much the same purpose you mentioned - compatibility with K1CP while also perhaps avoiding some of the more controversial changes - and I'll be ecstatic to play through the game again with as fully realized as possible a version of that! With the integration of Leilukin's Juhani mod and whatever else gets added in with the.... K1RCCP? What was it again- oh, RCK1CP. Yeah, when that hits, I'd love to give it a test!

23 hours ago, 134340Goat said:

Oh, crap, how did it take me two months to see that this was a thing?! Despite its flaws, I've been an avid K1R fan since its release, so this is huge to me

I've heard talk of a "K1R Lite" to fulfill pretty much the same purpose you mentioned - compatibility with K1CP while also perhaps avoiding some of the more controversial changes - and I'll be ecstatic to play through the game again with as fully realized as possible a version of that! With the integration of Leilukin's Juhani mod and whatever else gets added in with the.... K1RCCP? What was it again- oh, RCK1CP. Yeah, when that hits, I'd love to give it a test!

The next update is planned to be a small one, though it will contain the Leilukin Juhani restoration as previously mentioned.

This WIP thread is more for me to leak what I'm working on and discuss cut content that I find, you can play the RC-K1CP Demo here: https://deadlystream.com/files/file/2345-restored-content-for-k1cp-demo/

I've just updated the mod page to include a list of what's currently restored, I'm also considering 'balkanizing' the RC-K1CP installation process so the player can install what they specifically want so they might avoid controversial changes (The Vulkar Base from K1R comes to mind, though a possible restoration of the Simple Weapons feat or Party in Naga Sadows would also be considered controversial if I added them to the main installer).

• Like 1

On 7/14/2023 at 3:00 PM, JasonRyder said:

https://www.gamefront.com/games/knights-of-the-old-republic/file/sharina-fizark-restoration-1

@N-DReW25 if I'm not mistaken the script/file to make the Sharina Fizark restoration work is actually on GameFront and if I recall can also be extracted in the danm13 module using Kotor Tool. For this one it only needs her Dantooine .utc file and 3-4 script files which are all provided there and can just go straight into Override in order to work. Wouldn't it simply be possible to mine some of these cut details using Kotor Tool in order to "restore" them? Websites like GameFront also have a number of really old uploads of these files, which would make it easier

• Like 1

On 10/4/2023 at 3:19 PM, EAF97 said:

https://www.gamefront.com/games/knights-of-the-old-republic/file/sharina-fizark-restoration-1

@N-DReW25 if I'm not mistaken the script/file to make the Sharina Fizark restoration work is actually on GameFront and if I recall can also be extracted in the danm13 module using Kotor Tool. For this one it only needs her Dantooine .utc file and 3-4 script files which are all provided there and can just go straight into Override in order to work. Wouldn't it simply be possible to mine some of these cut details using Kotor Tool in order to "restore" them? Websites like GameFront also have a number of really old uploads of these files, which would make it easier

I could... though if I were to just take the files from the Gamefront mods I'd need permission from their original mod authors to add them to the RC-K1CP.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, N-DReW25 said:

I could... though if I were to just take the files from the Gamefront mods I'd need permission from their original mod authors to add them to the RC-K1CP.

Were some of those files custom-made by the mod authors who posted them or would they just have been extracted from the game's hidden files using Kotor Tool?

10 hours ago, EAF97 said:

Were some of those files custom-made by the mod authors who posted them or would they just have been extracted from the game's hidden files using Kotor Tool?

I'm going to be honest with you, I misremembered the "Garrum and Tar'eelok" mod with the one you linked. I knew that mod contained a .RIM file so I always thought that mod would be more difficult to crack.

Though after investigating the files of the Sharina Fizark mod... it should be a LOT easier to use the source files and remake it from scratch (my point about directly using their files outright in my mod still stands, recreating the content from scratch is the way to go).

• Like 1