About This File
A Mod for Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic
1.1.0 Release Date: 08.02.2022
Alongside the "Readme.txt" file will be the following folders:
"Movie Cutscene Mods"
* To install Movie Cutscene Mods, open the Movie Cutscene Mods folder and select which mod you'd like to install and simply copy the .BIK file into your swkotor "movies" folder and overwrite the original .BIK files.
* To install Override Mods, open the Override Mods folder and select which mod you'd like to install and simply copy the files within the mod folder into your swkotor "Override" folder. You cannot install both Dark Jedi mods as they use the same files, please pick only one Dark Jedi mod to install.
* To install TSLPatcher Mods, simply click on the TSLPatcher.exe, select your option, click install and sit back and watch the TSLPatcher do its magic. The NPC Xbox mods requires .MOD files to be installed properly, you can get .MODs by installing either K1R or the K1CP mod.
Depends on what you've chosen to install.
* For Movie Cutscene Mods, open the "Backup (Vanilla Cutscenes) and copy the .BIKs inside to your swkotor movies folder and overwrite the Xbox .BIKs.
* For Override mods, delete the files you copied into your Override.
* For TSLPatcher mods, copy the files within the generated "backup" folder and place the file inside your modules folder, make sure you overwrite.
As you may know, or may even remember, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic was released on July 15 2003 whilst the PC edition was released on November 19 2003. Obviously, the original Xbox console from 2003 has gone out of fashion a LONG time ago and 95% of the Kotor Modding and Gaming Community in general have migrated over to the glorious PC Master- *Cough* I mean, to the PC.
But did you know that Bioware gave Kotor one final improvement before releasing the full game to the PCs? if you've actually played Kotor on the original Xbox (Or maybe even the Xbox 360, Xbox One or even the Xbox Series X) then you'll recall how on the Console edition of Kotor had a variety of oddities like lower resolution textures, different appearances for NPCs, incorrect appearances for NPCs, alternative VO, bugs/glitches, Yavin 4 being locked behind DLC and more...
This mod pack is similar to my TSL Mini Mod Collection mod, every update to the KOTOX will include more Xbox inspired mods for the player to install and experience.
The 1.1.0 updates has reorganized the installation system, now the mods have been divided into TSLPatcher mods, Override mods and Movie Cutscene mods. The mods which require a TSLPatcher will be in the TSLPatcher mods folder whereas mods which don't need a TSLPatcher installation will be in the Override mods folder and finally the Movie Cutscene mods will contain the modded .BIK files which go into the "movies" folder instead of the "Override" folder.
To see what the most current version of the mod includes, check the "Versions.txt" file in this package.
This mod shouldn't have bugs but if there is Just PM me on Deadlystream.
KEEP THIS IN MIND: The Taris Xbox NPC's (and just about all the future Xbox NPCs) will make the NPC diversity much worse than it is on the vanilla PC version of Kotor, just imagine entire modules filled with 100% identical clones. The Taris Xbox NPC mod is almost entirely identical to how they appeared in the Xbox, so this mod is only recommended if you really want to see how the Xbox NPCs would look on the PC.
If the demand is high enough for it, I might add a "Lite" version of the Xbox NPC mods which contains reasonable Xbox NPCs without the horrible cloning effect.
Would be incompatible with any mods which modify the Taris Sith Raid dlg, the legal and Revan's death .BIKs and any Dark Jedi texture mods.
It is NOT recommended to use the Taris Xbox NPC mod with the K1 NPC Overhaul mod.
If you install this mod AFTER the K1 Community Patch then it will be compatible, however, the K1 Community Patch does make an effort to remove Lite NPCs and diversify NPCs so the Xbox NPCs mods will undo some of those changes (But won't crash your game).
Report any unknown incompatibilities to me on Deadlystream.com.
Do NOT claim credit for this mod and do not use assets from this mod without my permission.
l2daorch for contributing the Taris Sith Raid audio!
DarthParametric for contributing the Xbox textures!
DrMcCoy and DarthParametric (again) for helping me with Xoreo's Tools!
Effix for helping me operate the Command Prompt!
Asxdefter on YouTube for his 2010 playthrough of Kotor on the Xbox 360. His Kotor videos were a massive inspiration for making this mod!
BlueShadePlays on YouTube for their 2017 playthrough of Kotor on the Xbox One. As the Xbox One Kotor has 1080p support, their Kotor videos provided HD crystal clear footage of the Xbox features which I recreated in this mod!
Bioware for such an amazing game!
Stoffee for TSLPatcher!
Fred Tetra for Kotor Tool and everyone who downloads the mod!
THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT, LUCASARTS, DISNEY OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE-MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.
What's New in Version 1.1.1 See changelog
* Xbox 'Revan's Death' and Xbox 'trailer cutscenes
* Fixed the bug where the Twi'lek date of Davik's guest would fade away instead of run like she did on the Xbox version
* Fixed the bug where the Hidden Bek Base Control Room would be forever locked, unlike the Xbox version
* Fixed the Rakghoul Serum in the Undercity looking like a stim instead of a vial of green liquid like it did on the Xbox version
* Taris Xbox NPCs, now many NPCs across Taris will look like their Xbox counterparts
* Updated INFO files for the TSLPatcher