About This File
This mod adds fancy VFX and SFX alignment change both to the dark side and light side in two available style; TOR and TSL.
-= BACKGROUND =-
Not much of a background -- just my curiosity fueled with @DarthParametric's invaluable insights and assistance trying something never been done [at least to release stage until this mod was attempted] and documented previously to K1 based on its successors; The Sith Lords and The Old Republic.
-= ABOUT THIS MOD =-
- TOR style -- adds IN-cutscenes VFX and SFX based on TOR's
- TSL style -- adds POST-cutscenes VFX and SFX based on TSL's
- TOR style no SFX -- adds ONLY IN-cutscenes VFX based on TOR's
- TSL style no SFX -- adds ONLY POST-cutscenes VFX based on TSL's
* Preview [v1.0.1] --
To its VFX base it's using ported TSL models and texture [for the dark side ones] provided by DarthParametric. As for the SFX, I had them ported from TSL -- originally comes as mus_s_darkshort and mus_s_lightshort.
-- provided as well user-friendly uninstaller for convenience purpose.
-= KNOWN ISSUES =-
- TOR style -- at some potential cases [depending on how the cutscenes were set up] the SFX and/or VFX won't show up if the camera/frame far-off from the Player. In SFX's case -- because Players' presence on-screen's needed as they're the medium for the SFX output
- TSL style -- as using a spawned placeable's OnHeartbeat [which checks for and] to trigger the VFX and SFX for ONLY every ~3 seconds, they will not fired instantly. Delays are to be expected with this one. Also, as I didn't include ratio check to DS and LS gains sometimes you'll see LS status with DS' VFX/SFX and vice-versa. That often happens if there are multiple alignment sets in one continuous cutscenes
- There are module-specifics scripts that alter the alignment which is outside the scope of this mod -- at least at this current stage. With that in mind sometimes you won't see the mod's working although there are alignment change's happening
-= FINAL REMARKS =-
There's always room for improvements; reviews, critiques, comments, suggestions, questions and feedbacks are much appreciated. PM me here, write them on my feed or leave any on the mod's page as you please. And thank you! for downloading, and using this mod.
Hope you enjoy the mod as much as I do!
-= INSTALLATION =-
Run the installer, pick only one of the available options then hit the [Install Mod ->] button!
-= UNINSTALLATION =-
Available in the _uninstall folder -- make sure to read the Readme first!
-= COMPATIBILITY =-
Is NOT compatible with mods that share the provision; doing same thing, same assets etc and/or anything that hard-overwrites 2DAs coming from this mod.
-= REDISTRIBUTION =-
I'd love to provide direct support to my work, which wouldn't be possible if they're scattered in the Unknown Regions -- so be considerate to not redistribute this mod or re-release it on any websites.
If you're to use the assets from this mod - please be kindly to ask for permission first -- that way I know what's up, and if it's interesting enough I might offer to be involved, hahah. Or at least we'll talk. Cheers!
-= CREDITS =-
- The Almighty Force
- BioWare, Obsidian Entertainment and LucasArts for Knights of the Old Republic/The Sith Lords/The Old Republic
- DarthParametric for ported TSL assets, indispensable insights and assistance on this project as well the past-present knowledge, and his creation that I took learn from. He helped me as well with providing some useful information for the uninstaller
- Sdub for bringing my attention to v1.0.0's game-breaking issue -- hence the mod's update
- JCarter426 for SithCodec and Odyssey++ --
- -- and Inyri Forge for all their awesome work that I look up to. Had learned a lot from their mods and been practicing using their methods
- Fred Tetra for KotOR Tool
- bead-v for MDLedit
- ndix UR for tpcview
- stoffe for TSL Patcher and Fair Strides for the updates [bundled with K1CP]
- VarsityPuppet for 2DA Editor Alpha
- TK102 for K-GFF
- djh269 for K1 saves [entire playthrough] that's really helpful for testing of this mod
- Tool Makers wasn't mentioned -- can't make it without y'all!
- Members of DeadlyStream
- All active/inactive modders that direct/indirectly influenced me to get into modding
- DS for being a home -- a place to hangout, to discuss and hosting my work
- DS staffs for tirelessly improving and maintaining the site
- Snigaroo/Sniggles for hosting #mod_development which essential during mod's early stage creative-process
What's New in Version 1.0.1
- Fixed the alignment theme looping issue by changing how it works *
- Two new installation options -- TOR and TSL style without the SFX
- Tweaks to the uninstaller
- As in v1.0.1 [and above] the mod will not be using ambientmusic.2DA, and with that two of the previously installed WAV to the streammusic folder will be redundant. You can safely remove eb_theme_dsalign.WAV and eb_theme_lsalign.WAV from there if you want
- * There's a catch to the looping fix however -- which now the SFX playback as mono instead stereo like previously and it overlaps with the [area] music playing in background. Anyhow, it needs to be done to workaround the edge-case that break things like in v1.0.0