About This File
This mod made readjustments to Marlena Venn, both her appearance and positioning on the Dune Sea - to further improve the gameplay aspects from encountering her, and bring a fresh-new experience with her new looks and some other stuffs!
# Background #
When I met Marlena the first time I know that she's special - in a mysterious way, lol. Yeah, I catch her mysterious side so I did a makeover of her - appearance wise. About the positioning - it bugged me where she was placed so I moved her. Particularly when the conversation was initiated, so with her new placement it looks like she did make the conversation first. And that's how I see the encounter should start.
# About this Mod #
This modification makes unique appearance for Marlena Venn of Dune Sea [Tatooine], also reposition her to a new spot and replace her recorded voice with the filtered version so it sounded like an actual playback straight from a droid.
GIT positioning preview:
Encounter quick-preview [Outdated - v1.0.0]:
Ah-ha! It also makes Marlena equip a Blaster Pistol, some Credits, and a Repair Kit.
Here's a breakdown of why's:
- Blaster Pistol: because she was "through planning", she wants to make sure of everything
- Credits: well, she planned on going shuttle somewhere - it just makes sense for her to carry some
- Repair Kit: some leftover from earlier tinkering with the droids
Those new content was made to connect with jc2's "Kill Marlena". I have tested them together on my playthrough and they work like a charm! A truly-fun content worth installing for you - Dark Siders! Just make sure to install this mod last of them. Without it there'll be no change of plot whatsoever and those additional stuff wouldn't have effects.
# Final Remarks #
There's always room for an improvements - critiques, comments, suggestions, questions and feedbacks for the next update are much appreciated - PM, write them on my feed or leave any on the mod's page as you please. And thank you! for downloading, and playing this mod.
Hope you enjoy the mod as much as I do!
Installation: run the installer [TSLPatcher.exe] and then hit the [Install Mod ->] button.
Uninstallation: replace the installed files with what was stored inside the generated 'Backup' folder. Particularly tat_m18aa.mod; put that file back to 'modules' folder manually and overwrite when prompted.
To uninstall the Voice Over simply put back its backup to streamwaves \ m18ab \ 10wi06 folder - overwrite when prompted.
Compatibility: will be compatible with mostly anything, including jc2's "Kill Marlena" - just make sure to install this mod after every mods has. Though haven't being tested with Kainzorus Prime's "[KotOR] NPC Overhaul Mod" and N-DReW25's "K1 Gameplay Improvement" installed, presumably they'll be compatible. But be advised that compatibility issue of this mod working along with them is not yet confirmed.
Will not be compatible with any mods that force-overrides tat_m18aa.mod or messing with this mod 2DA entries.
For this mod to be effective you should at least load a saved game before entering the Dune Sea - Tatooine [tat_m18aa] module
This mod is play-tested with KotOR 1 Restoration/K1R installed and is compatible with them
Redistribution: I'm asking you not to redistribute this mod - I'd like to stay in touch with them so I know where to provide support. If you are to re-use an assets to a project you will be releasing, you don't have to ask for permission - but your generous intention is very much welcome. I'd love to know what others are up too, particularly if my work are included. And then, make sure to give credits to SpaceAlex, BioWare & LucasArts with the release - particularly with the inclusion of this mod assets. An appreciation to this lil' peasant here is a very warm welcome, welcome.
- The Almighty Force which gave me the chance to finish the mod
- SpaceAlex for "Modder's Resource: K1 Enhancement Pack" which base cloth texture included with the development of this mod
- DarthParametric for past-present knowledge which allows me to create customs and for all the outstanding creation that I am a fan of
- JCarter426 for all his work that I look up too - I learned a lot from his mod setup and been practicing a lot using their method
- jc2 for "Kill Marlena", which a factor for this mod to be developed
- ROTNR for "Creating Module Files in KotOR" which guides me on packaging the custom module
- Fred Tetra for the 'amazing' KotOR Tool
- TK102 for K-GFF
- stoffe and Fair Strides for the most useful TSLPatcher and ERFEdit
- VarsityPuppet for 2DA Editor Alpha
- bead-v for MDLedit and KOTORmax
- ndix UR for tga2tpc
- Werner Rumpeltesz for PlainEdit.NET
- Notepad++team for Notepad++
- Adinos for "Simple Model Viewer" which very helpful to provide a quick preview of potential appearance for used model and texture
- All the Tool Makers wasn't mentioned - can't make it without you!
- All the inspiring streamers on DeadlyStream
- All the inspiring modders either active or inactive
- DeadlyStream for being a home; a place to hangout - to discuss and hosting my work
- DeadlyStream staffs for tirelessly improving and maintaining the site
- Snigaroo/Sniggles for hosting #mod_development on Discord > r/kotor - thanks! The place is so much fun! :jarjar:
What's New in Version 1.1.0
- Marlena will now equip the Blaster Pistol on hand
- Some tweaks to the head texture
- Changing the texture of her clothes, which I envisioned the now version fits her more and blends much better with the ambient
- An additional installation targeted for v1.0.0/initial version user to make Marlena equip the blaster on hand; as designed with the v1.1.0