About This File
This mod replaces the vanilla and/or the installed Republic Soldier texture with the new shade-specularity tweaked version.
# Background #
The way I see it; the vanilla and/or already present Republic Soldier texture lacks some shading and reflection particularly on its trim, so I thought adding ones would somehow enhance its appearance.
# About this Mod #
Inside this mod are 6 options of new shade and specularity tweaked Republic Soldier texture in TPC format:
- [Main] New Shade for Male NPC Republic Soldier
- [Option-1] Vanilla version for JC's "Republic Soldier Fix for K1" - Male and Female *
- [Option-2] Vanilla Version Model - Female NPC Republic Soldier
- [Option-3] New Shade for JC's "Republic Soldier Uniform for PC" - Male and Female *
- [Option-4] Vanilla version for JC's "Republic Soldier Uniform for PC" - Male and Female *
- [Option-5] New Shade for JC's "Republic Soldier Fix for K1" - Male and Female NPC Republic Soldier *
* Option 1, 3, 4 and 5 requires JCarter426/JC's "JC's Republic Soldier Fix for K1" to be installed first.
# Final Remarks #
There's always room for improvements - critiques, comments, suggestions, questions and feedbacks for the next update are much appreciated - PM, write them on my feed or leave any on the mod's page as you please. And thank you! for downloading, and playing this mod.
Hope you enjoy the mod as much as I do!
Installation: I suggest you to manually removes any TGA/DDS and TXI instances of the relevant files [if there're any] from the 'Override' folder. And then - run the installer [TSLPatcher.exe], and hit the [Install Mod ->] button!
Uninstallation: remove the installed files from the 'Override' folder or replaces them with the files stored in the 'Backup' folder [if generated]
Compatibility: this option will be compatible with JCarter426's "JC's Republic Soldier Fix for K1" as long as this mod was installed after the said mod has. With any mods that is using the same name for the assets and/or potentially overwrite this mod, no compatibility is guaranteed
Redistribution: if you want to redistribute the mod - just go with it. Though less likely I will provide supports to any other place than DeadlyStream. If you are to re-use an assets to a project you will be releasing, you don't have to ask for permission - but your generous intention is very much welcome. I'd love to know what others are up too, particularly if my work are included. And then, make sure to credit BioWare & LucasArts with the release - particularly with the inclusion of the assets. An appreciation to this lil' peasant work here is also a very warm welcome, welcome.
- The Almighty Force which gave me chance to finish the mod
- BioWare & LucasArts for developing one of the best RPG I've played
- DarthParametric for past-present knowledge which allows me to create customs and for all the outstanding creation that I am a fan of
- JCarter426 for "JC's Republic Soldier Fix for K1" release; as without his mod - most of these contents would not have been possible
- Snigaroo/Sniggles for hosting #mod_development on Discord > r/kotor, and especially for making me revisit this mod for an update
- Salk for the input to include additional before-after screenshots
- Fred Tetra for the amazing KotOR Tool
- ndix UR for tga2tpc
- DrMcCoy for xoreos-tools' "xoreostex2tga"
- stoffe for the magnificent TSLPatcher, and Fair Strides for later improves it
- Notepad++team for Notepad++
- All the Tool Makers wasn't mentioned - can't make it without y'all!
- All the inspiring streamers on DeadlyStream
- All the inspiring modders either active or inactive
- DeadlyStream for being a home; a place to hangout - to discuss and hosting my work
- DeadlyStream staffs for tirelessly improving and maintaining the site
What's New in Version 1.1.1
- Reconfigure the installer
- Recompose mod contents