#361 PorygonZRocks

PorygonZRocks

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:30 PM

That issue in the czerka mining facility in bos:sr on android can easily be solved just by renaming a few modules. You can skip that floor and play through the other floors and the rest of the mod and it will work fine. Dont remember exactly how i did it, but if you want me to, i could check it out again.

Really? You can play the whole thing, including Solomon's Revenge? Could you check it out? Playing full BOS:SR would be cool.

#362 DarthNonOriginalName

DarthNonOriginalName

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:40 PM

As i said, you will only skip a few levels of czerka mining facility, but the rest of it is playable.
So, how do you do it...

Step1 - open the modules folder and delete bos_czerka.mod (thats the one that cant load and causes the game to crash)

Step2 - rename bos_czerka3.mod to bos_czerka.mod (now clicking on the door that previously caused crashes will take you to the residental floor insted of main floor)

Step3 - COPY (not just rename) the module named bos_circle.mod and rename the copy of it to bos_czerka3.mod (this is to make sure that you can get back to the ebon hawk after you finish the mod)

Step4 - enjoy

#363 PorygonZRocks

PorygonZRocks

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:43 PM

As i said, you will only skip a few levels of czerka mining facility, but the rest of it is playable.
So, how do you do it...
Step1 - open the modules folder and delete bos_czerka.mod (thats the one that cant load and causes the game to crash)
Step2 - rename bos_czerka3.mod to bos_czerka.mod (now clicking on the door that previously caused crashes will take you to the residental floor insted of main floor)
Step3 - COPY (not just rename) the module named bos_circle.mod and rename the copy of it to bos_czerka3.mod (this is to make sure that you can get back to the ebon hawk after you finish the mod)
Step4 - enjoy

Thanks! I'll have to try that.

#364 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

GenoHaradan Legacy Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • LocationSuper Secret GenoHaradan Base

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:48 PM

If the Modules are custom made that should mean we are allowed to port the new Slehehyron Modules to TSL and make a TSL version of Sleheyron without any troubles, is that allowed?

#365 Sithspecter

Sithspecter

Sleheyron Architect

• Administrators
  • 642 posts
  • LocationSleheyron

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:27 PM

If the Modules are custom made that should mean we are allowed to port the new Slehehyron Modules to TSL and make a TSL version of Sleheyron without any troubles, is that allowed?

Since I have saved all the ASCII files for Sleheyron, this would be possible, but I have no plans to port Sleheyron to TSL or allow others to.

• jc2 likes this

#366 Canderis

Canderis

Serial Project Abandoner

• Moderators
  • 154 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:37 PM

Wouldn't there be texture issues with it as those would have to be ported?

#367 disbeliever

disbeliever

Jedi Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:51 AM

Looking good Sith

#368 ariankoochesfahani

ariankoochesfahani

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:24 PM

Re an earlier suggestion, I'd like to volunteer to help with the writing. I've worked as a professional writer, a writing consultant, and a graduate philosophy TA. I've published a paper in a peer-reviewed philosophy/literature journal and I happen to enjoy writing dialogues. Go-to references for me include the lesser-known The Writer's Art by Kilpatrick. I would be pretty focused on creating a seamless narrative experience between the original and new dialogue. Mods that add dialogue tend to be less immersive because the dialogue diverges in style from the original dialogue. Anyway, I love KOTOR and well-written stories, and I would be stoked to help.

#369 ScottLucrei

ScottLucrei

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:53 PM

On the above note, If you're looking for volunteer voice acting at any stage I'd be happy to contribute.
Please contact me at *snip* pm me

Moderator Edit: Please don't post your email address. Welcome to the forums! --Canderis

#370 xJPL110x

xJPL110x

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 12:37 AM

Hi there I'm currently majoring in drama, from Australia, so if you're looking for any voice actors, I would love be of help and volunteer :)

#371 Sithspecter

Sithspecter

Sleheyron Architect

• Administrators
  • 642 posts
  • LocationSleheyron

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:43 PM

Sorry for the extended hiatus folks. As an apology, I have released a new video for the project, a preview of the previously unseen cantina!

I am ramping up production for the fall after a very busy summer for me, so expect more updates in the coming months.

#372 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:51 PM

Awesome as always.

The patrons in the corners of the lower floor are part of the area model, right? Or is it actually possible to have characters on one level and another level to walk on right above those?

#373 Sithspecter

Sithspecter

Sleheyron Architect

• Administrators
  • 642 posts
  • LocationSleheyron

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:52 PM

Awesome as always.

The patrons in the corners of the lower floor are part of the area model, right? Or is it actually possible to have characters on one level and another level to walk on right above those?

Those are actually placeable patrons, as seen in both the Taris Cantinas. ;)

• jc2 likes this

#374 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:58 PM

Those are actually placeable patrons, as seen in both the Taris Cantinas. ;)

Damn... I never noticed them there. And I didn't know there are placeable patrons but that does make way more sense then having them as part of the area model.

Though I really hoped you'd tell me that you found a way to have two walkways right above each other...

#375 l2daorch

l2daorch

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:00 PM

Looks really good, definitely up to par with the vanilla modules!

It's really great to see that both Kotor games keep getting addons so many years after release. Because that's what I see these as. K1R/TSLRCM are major patches with M4-78/BOS:SR being addons. And now a second addon for K1! I love how K1 went from your typical western 20-30 hour rpg to what will probably be a 60-70 hour game with K1R, BOS:SR and Sleheyron. Not that big a difference to your typical JRPG. Keep up the great work and take all the time that you need. From what I have seen thus far it's gonna be a fantastic addon.

#376 LucyTheAlien

LucyTheAlien

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ireland

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:16 PM

Actually reminds me of the bar in the DLC "Citadel" for Mass Effect 3, feels very Bioware- great work.

Sorry for the extended hiatus folks. As an apology, I have released a new video for the project, a preview of the previously unseen cantina!

I am ramping up production for the fall after a very busy summer for me, so expect more updates in the coming months.

The way your character is walking around with a blaster makes me wish there was a mod for KOTOR which meant you stayed a Soldier/Normal person for longer than in the Vanilla game. 

As it is, the whole becoming a Jedi so suddenly has always seemed extremely artificial and made the PC seem like they're very, very gullible to me. 

One will make the choice- all will make the journey.

#377 superSzym

superSzym

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:56 PM

The cantina looks exactly how I would expect a luxurious place from a good science-fiction to look. Especially the worklight is amazing and floor tiles look unusual compared to other places of the game, which gives it an unique climate. Actually, every location on Sleheyron takes my breath away. Only what seems like a bar lounge could be more detailed.

#378 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

GenoHaradan Legacy Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • LocationSuper Secret GenoHaradan Base

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:57 AM

Nice work, I really like what you did with the Sitting NPC placeables. Really makes the Cantina looked more lived in. I really do like the Quarren and Gran NPC's which only had one or two appearances in the whole game which is nice to see. I also like the restoration of the Chadra Fran but I recommend changing the Chadra Fran's NPC tag to "Club Patron" to "Chadra Fran Patron". While it may not be the best option but have you considered using the Lite NPC's for some of the NPC's so it fits in more with Kotor so it makes the mod feel more like something Bioware made and not an actual mod.

The NPC Ailizcece is wearing Davik's Armor I do believe unless it's a new armor utilizing the same texture. Either way, I would recommend using perhaps the Verpine Fiber Mesh instead as it doesn't pull me out of the immersion that more than one Davik's Armor exists in the game or that there's another set of armor with the exact same texture as well.

Other than those slight issues I think the Cantina is great as always. Can't wait to see how those Mandalorians have to say to my character.

Just one last question do your custom module walls work? What I mean by this is in a vanilla module when you run into a wall the character will kinda keep running but slide to either the left or right. In some mods like BOSSR in the custom modules, you can run into the walls and get stuck.

#379 Mutilator57

Mutilator57

Loyal and Stalwart Defender of Australian Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationA Land of Sunburnt Plains

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:14 AM

This is awesome work; really cutting-edge stuff!

My only piece of advice would be that (IMO at least) the bottom rotunda looks a little empty. Other than the dancers, musicians and the Mandalorians, there just doesn't seem to be much there. While I'm not exactly aware of the technical limits vis-a-vis the amount of NPCs, perhaps putting a few more could work?

Anyways, it's your call (and it's still great work regardless!).

"The measure of success is not merchandise, but character" - Calvin Coolidge

"It was treachery...with a smile on its face. Perhaps that was the worst thing of all" - Margaret Thatcher

"Direct action is not always the best way. It is a far greater victory to make another see through your eyes than to close theirs forever" - Kreia

#380 DarthParametric

DarthParametric

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:27 AM

I have released a new video for the project, a preview of the previously unseen cantina!

Nice work. I liked the nice specular highlight you managed on the stone floor on the bottom level. The collision on the rotunda seems like it could do with being reduced a bit maybe. It might be worth considering some sort of physical barrier like velvet ropes - I've always hated invisible walls around what should be navigable terrain.

I'm curious about those assassin droids. Do they ever engage in combat, or are they just for flavour? I'm wondering whether something more unique might be in order.

Just one last question do your custom module walls work? What I mean by this is in a vanilla module when you run into a wall the character will kinda keep running but slide to either the left or right. In some mods like BOSSR in the custom modules, you can run into the walls and get stuck.

Collision shouldn't be an issue with the new model tools. It should function like the vanilla models.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users