Sign in to follow this  
N-DReW25

MOD:NPC Diversity Pack [Beta/K1]

Decided to test out with NPC and PC high resolution pack version 2 mod :

https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/1145 

And the result is actually quite good even with that mod installed above the Diverse Galaxy mod (since it edits the Lite NPC not touched by the mod  and even some animals and droids) plus with a certain weapon combo and armors/robes, resulting in quite an interesting experience. 

• Thanks 1

Marl from Arena on Upper Taris for some reason has now a female voice during combat (in terms of shouting and reacting to damage)

On 6/11/2023 at 7:43 PM, Shay Ordo said:

Marl from Arena on Upper Taris for some reason has now a female voice during combat (in terms of shouting and reacting to damage)

Yes, that is indeed a bug with the Soundset aspect of the mod.

This shall be fixed in the next update, please continue to report any further "odd" NPC Soundsets!

If you ever do something like this for K2, please don't fix the 'bug' where Zuka types on the female Exile's chest! That's not a bug! That's a hilarious feature! 

On 6/13/2023 at 4:34 PM, JasonRyder said:

If you ever do something like this for K2, please don't fix the 'bug' where Zuka types on the female Exile's chest! That's not a bug! That's a hilarious feature! 

First of all... Bruh!

And second of all... if all the NPC Diversity Pack mod does is swap NPC appearances, gives some NPCs armor and swaps soundsets around... what makes you think a K2 version of the NPC Diversity Pack would contain bug fixes?

15 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

First of all... Bruh!

And second of all... if all the NPC Diversity Pack mod does is swap NPC appearances, gives some NPCs armor and swaps soundsets around... what makes you think a K2 version of the NPC Diversity Pack would contain bug fixes?

Wait, I'm confusing this with the K1CP. Posted this in the wrong place, sorry! 

Good day again , I am trying to use a certain combination of mods and wanted to know if that mix I have planned for the game would work well together (Since Diverse galaxy mod is on the list)

mod combination is -

https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/1145 (actually works well even when installed before Diverse galaxy mod )
https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/1156 (would require to be installed after any npc changing mods and K1 "Legends mod collection  made by @ebmar)
 Multiple @Dark Hopemods like HD Malak , Sith Apprentices, Darth Bandon , Droids , animated shields and so on (would also require to be installed after Diverse Galaxy and @ebmar Legends mods , since the HD Protocol droids may cause a conflict with janice nall mod )

https://www.gamefront.com/games/knights-of-the-old-republic/file/medium-armor-pack
https://www.gamefront.com/games/knights-of-the-old-republic/file/battle-armor-pack
https://www.playground.ru/star_wars_knights_of_the_old_republic/file/star_wars_kotor_masked_revan_star_forge_robes_mod-911297 (since og gamefront mod version got corrupted - have to use alternative sites with the same masked Star Forge and Darth Revan  mod)
 would that mod combo work together?

It's not changing appearance, so... Doubt it would be an issue, though, for my case the mod combination does result in weird stuff like Bolook Quest being stuck all the time... 

Okey... Apparently the only glitch with bolook quest was not from this mod incompatibility with something, but due to

Messing with Bolook's quest and Griff's 1st search on Tatooine and to fix it I simply need to replace the files dan14aa.mod and tat_m17aa.mod which are in K1CP already... May I ask in what folder they should be in that case? 

@ShayOrdo When you paste a Deadlystream link here on Deadlystream, the link will appear as a proper link for several seconds before expanding to display the mod's image. For a few seconds after this, you should see a message appear at the bottom of the text box that says "Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead"

Click "Display as link instead" and it will restore the expanded link into a proper link, the comment you posted above could be 5 times smaller if you have done this earlier.

https://deadlystream.com/topic/9818-modnpc-diversity-pack-betak1/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-89516 (An example of a link done using the above mentioned process).

Also, don't @ mod authors of the mods you're using. You've directed this question at me and by @ing people you send them a notification drawing them to your post. The modder Dark Hope is a graphics artist with no knowledge of the sort of NPC mods I do so it's a waste of her time to come here.

I also need everyone to understand this: if you send me a wall of text to respond to, if I respond to walls of texts I won't have time to actually develop these mods. So for you I'll point out the mods I personally wouldn't use from your list!

TOR Ports: Handon's Enhanced Waistline- This mod might break Bolook due to a previous incompatibility that I discovered a few days ago involving his clothing, I'm in the process of developing a patch for this specific problem!

Dark Jedi Wear Robes (for JC's Cloaked Jedi Robes Mod)- The NPC Diversity Pack modifies the Dark Jedi NPCs throughout the game and it might cause a few NPCs from the Dark Jedi wear Robes mod to have the wrong appearances. I'd say they're incompatible.

Medium Armor Pack and Battle Armor Pack- These mods both have the exact same problem, they're both ancient mods from almost 15 years ago that might not have the most up to date installation methods. These old mods and their odd installers might inherently corrupt the game in some way, these two mods you've listed might not necessarily be bad but I'd stay away from them.

Masked Revan Star Forge Robes Mod- Whilst you could get away with using the gamefront mods, do NOT use this mod! I wouldn't trust anything that comes from a non-English foreign website, literally there are similar mods that add Revan style Star Forge robes from more reliable English websites that are safer. Even if you can't find it, it's better to go without than risk downloading that!

18 hours ago, JasonRyder said:

Is brents742's Recruit HK-47 on Taris mod here compatible with this one?

Yes.

2 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

@ShayOrdo When you paste a Deadlystream link here on Deadlystream, the link will appear as a proper link for several seconds before expanding to display the mod's image. For a few seconds after this, you should see a message appear at the bottom of the text box that says "Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead"

Click "Display as link instead" and it will restore the expanded link into a proper link, the comment you posted above could be 5 times smaller if you have done this earlier.

https://deadlystream.com/topic/9818-modnpc-diversity-pack-betak1/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-89516 (An example of a link done using the above mentioned process).

Also, don't @ mod authors of the mods you're using. You've directed this question at me and by @ing people you send them a notification drawing them to your post. The modder Dark Hope is a graphics artist with no knowledge of the sort of NPC mods I do so it's a waste of her time to come here.

I also need everyone to understand this: if you send me a wall of text to respond to, if I respond to walls of texts I won't have time to actually develop these mods. So for you I'll point out the mods I personally wouldn't use from your list!

TOR Ports: Handon's Enhanced Waistline- This mod might break Bolook due to a previous incompatibility that I discovered a few days ago involving his clothing, I'm in the process of developing a patch for this specific problem!

Dark Jedi Wear Robes (for JC's Cloaked Jedi Robes Mod)- The NPC Diversity Pack modifies the Dark Jedi NPCs throughout the game and it might cause a few NPCs from the Dark Jedi wear Robes mod to have the wrong appearances. I'd say they're incompatible.

Medium Armor Pack and Battle Armor Pack- These mods both have the exact same problem, they're both ancient mods from almost 15 years ago that might not have the most up to date installation methods. These old mods and their odd installers might inherently corrupt the game in some way, these two mods you've listed might not necessarily be bad but I'd stay away from them.

Masked Revan Star Forge Robes Mod- Whilst you could get away with using the gamefront mods, do NOT use this mod! I wouldn't trust anything that comes from a non-English foreign website, literally there are similar mods that add Revan style Star Forge robes from more reliable English websites that are safer. Even if you can't find it, it's better to go without than risk downloading that!

Yes.

Sorry , tbh I'm a bit of a dumb person with all that modding stuff and how to work around all that stuff and forgot how the whole pinging works here...my bad...

16 hours ago, Shay Ordo said:

Sorry , tbh I'm a bit of a dumb person with all that modding stuff and how to work around all that stuff and forgot how the whole pinging works here...my bad...

Don't worry, I've dealt with dumber users. Your post might not've been the most convenient but it was only a few rough edges to an otherwise acceptable post!

14 hours ago, JasonRyder said:

@ShayOrdo , I use KSR 2022 myself with the NPC Diversity Pack and you say it causes Bolook's quest to not work? 

We all need to get the idea firmly placed in our heads that the NPC Diversity Pack changes NPCs only, just NPCs and only NPCs.

If the Bolook sidequest, or any sidequest, is broken, it is very unlikely to be a result of the NPC Diversity Pack. The only bug I can foresee with the NPC Diversity Pack and the Bolook quest is a glitch with the Bolook NPC itself, and the worst I imagine with this glitch is that Bolook will wear default commoner clothing when he isn't supposed to.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JasonRyder said:

@ShayOrdo , I use KSR 2022 myself with the NPC Diversity Pack and you say it causes Bolook's quest to not work? 

Well, the comment section in the Ksr 2022 states that mod modifies the files about the quest, which resulted in glitches of the Bolook's quest and Griff search on Dantooine, which is why, untill creator would fix it, you need a copy of K1CP dan14aa.mod and tat_m17aa.mod from module section and then put it back once you have loaded the mods related to those planets. Since that was stated in Ksr 2022 mod section comments. 

3 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

Don't worry, I've dealt with dumber users. Your post might not've been the most convenient but it was only a few rough edges to an otherwise acceptable post!

We all need to get the idea firmly placed in our heads that the NPC Diversity Pack changes NPCs only, just NPCs and only NPCs.

If the Bolook sidequest, or any sidequest, is broken, it is very unlikely to be a result of the NPC Diversity Pack. The only bug I can foresee with the NPC Diversity Pack and the Bolook quest is a glitch with the Bolook NPC itself, and the worst I imagine with this glitch is that Bolook will wear default commoner clothing when he isn't supposed to.

And the glitch in Bolook's quest was simply a glitch made by the saber mod pack that we talked about, not the NPC Diversity, for some reason KSR 2022 makes glitches in Bolook's quest and search for Griff on Tatooine (Czerka Officer convo), and since we have no better alternative for a good saber hilt mods - we gotta make hand made fixes with that lightsaber mod untill the author would make a fix or someone makes a better lightsaber pack. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/11/2023 at 7:43 PM, Shay Ordo said:

I just checked, Marl has the "Jedi_Council_Male" soundset... an unused soundset. Maybe you thought it was female as you've probably never heard it before.

8 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

I just checked, Marl has the "Jedi_Council_Male" soundset... an unused soundset. Maybe you thought it was female as you've probably never heard it before.

Well, I installed the mod a few days ago and during that time the soundset had a feminine voice, hell, it's kinda similar to one Handmaiden from TSL has, which is weird... Cause I can 100% tell that the voice was feminine. 

2 hours ago, ShayOrdo said:

Well, I installed the mod a few days ago and during that time the soundset had a feminine voice, hell, it's kinda similar to one Handmaiden from TSL has, which is weird... Cause I can 100% tell that the voice was feminine. 

Send me your tar_m02ae.mod file from your Modules folder.

Using this file I will be able to see what soundset your Marl has been set to.

On 6/18/2023 at 5:58 AM, N-DReW25 said:

Send me your tar_m02ae.mod file from your Modules folder.

Using this file I will be able to see what soundset your Marl has been set to.

Well, I decided to reinstall the full thing and the weird sound issue on Marl seems to be gone,so...I guess it might've been an issue with older mod version... I guess? 

Well, I've just completed a playthrough with this mod and I must say that I really enjoyed it; most of the changes make sense and make the game more interesting.

I wanted to make just two suggestions with things I noticed:

1. I noticed Komad Fortuna kept his standard brown robes in the Eastern Dune Sea, I remember that in the other NPC Overhaul mod his clothes were changed to an armor, and that to me makes a lot more of sense, as he is in the middle of the desert and tells you he has been tracking the Dragon for some time. Perhaps you would consider giving him some sort of armor?

2. I like the change of Saul Karath's bodyguards from the Dark Jedi model to the Sith Apprentice one, because that is one model we don't see too much, but it looks a little awkward in how the two look exactly the same, specially if you have an HD reskin of them like I did and their faces can be seen clearly. I don't know well how to solve this, you could change one of the two to the Dark Jedi model but it would break the symmetry of the shot centered on Saul. Regardless, it's a nitpick but I wanted to tell you.

On 7/25/2023 at 1:36 PM, Spectrometer said:

1. I noticed Komad Fortuna kept his standard brown robes in the Eastern Dune Sea, I remember that in the other NPC Overhaul mod his clothes were changed to an armor, and that to me makes a lot more of sense, as he is in the middle of the desert and tells you he has been tracking the Dragon for some time. Perhaps you would consider giving him some sort of armor?

So here's my reasoning for Komad's Clothing.

This mod is part of a "series" of other mods that also affect the NPCs similar to other past NPC Overhaul type mods. The idea behind these mods is that you'd install this mod first and you'd install these other mods to further diversify the NPCs found in the game.

Komad is actually impacted by one of these mods, it's called the K2 to K1 Clothing Pack!

A feature of the K2 to K1 Clothing Pack is that it takes the K2 default clothing and makes it a new clothing item without replacing the K1 default clothing. In the spoiler below, you can see the K2 default clothing and K1 default clothing... with this mod you'll be able to see both outfits in-game, this makes the mod unique as most mods tend to replace the K1 clothing with the K2 texture instead.

Spoiler

def.png.f99d6870b3c7cc873bfab33c5ab60b41

In this mod, Komad will wear the K2 default clothing in the Hunter's Lodge but in the Desert he wears a rugged K2 outfit, the same outfit seen in this image here:

Spoiler

1642726770_LOGO(3).png.c50a5ac08cbb06b73

He wears that specific outfit as the player can assume he's wearing the same clothing as he wore in the Hunter's Lodge, though when he entered the desert it got dirty.

That's my reason as to why Komad wasn't affected in this mod, though perhaps you are right... maybe Komad should wear proper armor.

On 7/25/2023 at 1:36 PM, Spectrometer said:

2. I like the change of Saul Karath's bodyguards from the Dark Jedi model to the Sith Apprentice one, because that is one model we don't see too much, but it looks a little awkward in how the two look exactly the same, specially if you have an HD reskin of them like I did and their faces can be seen clearly. I don't know well how to solve this, you could change one of the two to the Dark Jedi model but it would break the symmetry of the shot centered on Saul. Regardless, it's a nitpick but I wanted to tell you.

Truth be told, I can't remember adding this change though I'll be sure to investigate this so I can be sure!

I think it might be for the best that I remove this change and bring back the Dark Jedi, as I've said earlier this mod is intended to be the "base" mod which is installed before other mods as part of my NPC Series so making the 2nd Dark Jedi unique from the 1st is kind of out of the scope of this mod.

And unfortunately, down the road in my NPC Series will be mods which add other 'NPC variants' to replace Saul's bodyguards. At the current time, I'm working on a Mandalorian mod whose progress can be checked in this thread!

Though I do know DP's Dark Jedi wear Robes mod already does just that!

K1_Dark_Jedi_Wear_Robes_03.jpg.d04040cb9

Oh, I saw the K2 to K1 clothing pack but I didn't remember that it changed Komad.

About the bodyguards, I don't know, I've installed like 30 mods in this playthrough so it might be from another mod, although I don't remeber any other that affects these NPCs. Anyway, thanks for the reply, I really liked all the other NPC changes to darksiders (like changing the Sith teachers in Korriban to Dark Jedi, or the Sith Interrogator to the Sith Apprentice model), it's just that one that irked me a little.