Spectrometer

Why does Visas survive?

In TSL, we learn that Visas was the only survivor to the draining of Katarr caused by Nihilus... however, why this is so?

I think of you discuss this with Kreia, the game tells you that Nihilus spared her because she had a Force Bond with him, however, that's circular logic, as (in the conversation with Visas I think), she says that they've developed a Bond BECAUSE she survived (probably because Nihilus has to create bonds to drain). Is there any theory about why she was the sole survivor then?

It's never really addressed outright. It could've just been luck (or unluckiness, depending on your opinion) on Visas's part. Or it could be that Nihilus intentionally chose to spare one to take as an apprentice/slave simply because he wanted a Force bond as a master has with an apprentice, for whatever benefit that might give him - though I don't find that theory particularly valid, since I don't think his level of control when he's consuming the whole planet is that precise

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Kainzorus Prime said:

I think there was a comic that elaborated on it a bit better, but I have no idea on the details.

Sounds like you're referring to "Unseen, Unheard" - which was written by Chris Avellone.  Here it is.

3rAJVvI.jpg

HrOvbcG.jpg

9lWcocQ.jpg

3yAkmu7.jpg

DsUwVPy.jpg

qVHTwAv.jpg

• Like 5

That last page - finishing words, just thrills me. I haven't read much novels and/or comics but that supposedly one of the best plot [twist] I've ever seen/heard. Thanks, Sith Holocron - for sharing!

I remember that comic. It's in my comic book pile somewhere.

I think Nihilus spared her because she was the last tiny thread of humanity that he had any feeling for, which why he wanted her to see. Kreia said as much, if I remember.

• Like 1