Mr Pure Pazaak

Porting Mira's Head To Kotor 1

Title, was wanting to use her as a "playable" character in Kotor 1. Just wanted to know if there is a mod already out there, if not, if someone could direct me to the best tutorial for this sort of thing... or help me out with the procedure so I can give it a crack myself.

Working on it now. Mostly done, but there are some small issues to tweak.

K1_Mira_Player_Head_01_TH.jpg     K1_Mira_Player_Head_02_TH.jpg

Edit: I've submitted the mod. It will pop up once it is approved. I haven't done any testing beyond just getting it past character creation and the opening scene on the Endar Spire, but hopefully it's ok.

• Like 3
  • Light Side Points 3

Wow, awesome work, I was having a play around with files and MDLEdit and only managed to get the model and textures working. Animations were giving me a hard time.

I would like to know what I was doing wrong though, for future endeavours and because I spent a couple hours tryna make the sh#t work :D

Typically you'll want to swap to the rig of the target game when doing these sorts of ports. Additionally, I had to adjust the neckline verts, as they didn't match the K1 position, and I also added some plugs to the head mesh behind the dangly mesh hair piece, as that was causing all sort of visible gap issues (backface culling) that K1 seems particularly susceptible to.

Speaking of dangly meshes, they are currently broken in the latest beta version of MDLEdit, requiring compiling with MDLOps instead. May not be an issue if you are still on an older version though.

• Like 1

Not to hijack this thread, but am I missing the tutorial for porting unique models between games? Editing model verts to line up should simple enough for me. I'm just unfamiliar with the rest of the process since I'm just getting back into modding.

There isn't one specifically for porting back and forth between K1 and TSL, but I summarised it above. Once the model is prepared it's no different than the regular procedure for a custom head, outfit, etc. There will be explicit tutorials for a lot of things once the site's wiki goes live in the next ~6 months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

if I may jump on this thread without creating a new one, could we possibly get Atton's head ported into K1?

(Sorry if this is not allowed, I'll make a new topic if needed!)

• Like 1