[Updated: December 16, 2019]

Legends_Backdrop_01.thumb.png.1926f4eb557f8feb814b9bb2e1cd6a4e.png

# 00. Disclaimer #

I thought making this Legends overhaul as a series would do good for my own pace in modding terms.

# 01. Background #

Legends. Why does this project called one? First of all, this series had not related at all with the Star Wars Legends; though it was very much inspired by them. It was called as one because I believe this would give me more freedom on how I wanted to shape the mod and its series. Referencing to the general term of Legend [Keep it noted that I have the following explanation edited for my likings, lol] -

is a genre of folklore that consists of a narrative featuring human [non-human] actions perceived or believed both by teller and listeners to have taken place within history. Legends may be transformed over time, in order to keep them fresh, vital, and realistic. Many legends operate within the realm of uncertainty, never being entirely believed by the participants, but also never being resolutely doubted.

So, that's all for the introduction.

And with the release of Selven and Lyn Sekla, I decided to put myself into a series of mod that will be called as Legends, and this will consists mostly on reskinning and re-building stats and also their attribution of the particular objects and if possible; some new custom items. These will be done as my playthrough goes while I decide which elements that I want to overhaul, while also considering the risk for it'd be game breaking or no. I'm going to take which path with the lesser risk, and which is more interesting for me.

# 02. Planning #

1. Taris [Completed: January 1, 2019]

• Legends - Janice Nall and the Incomplete Droids [Completed: January 1, 2019] [featuring DarthParametric's "Female Armour Collar Fix"]
    Spoiler

2. Dantooine [WIP/Updated: October 14, 2018]

3. Tatooine [WIP/Updated: March 24, 2019]

4. Korriban [Completed: August 20, 2018]

5. Manaan [WIP/Updated: September 25, 2018]

6. Kashyyyk [To be decided]

7. Unknown World [WIP/Updated: December 16, 2019]

• Legends - Elder Droid's Unique VO [Completed: December 16, 2019]
    Spoiler

# 03. Work in Progress # [Updated: December 16, 2019]

# 04. Next Steps # [Updated: December 06, 2019]

• I'm really bad at planning so, something can just randomly pop-out, eventually

# 05. Future Plans # [Updated: December 06, 2019]

• Pretty much # 04

# 06. Final Remarks #

Critiques, comments, suggestions, questions and feedbacks are much appreciated. Many thanks to you, for spending the time here. :cheers:

Edited by ebmar
New release: Legends - Elder Droid's Unique VO
  • Like 8
  • Light Side Points 1

I actually also have an idea of a project that's similar in concept/design to yours. As in a series of mods that add a small bit of new story content to K1. Don't worry, its not a copy of your idea at all, but I'll refrain from sharing details until I actually get some work done.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, eNoodles said:

I actually also have an idea of a project that's similar in concept/design to yours. As in a series of mods that add a small bit of new story content to K1. Don't worry, its not a copy of your idea at all, but I'll refrain from sharing details until I actually get some work done.

Nice! If you actually planning on adding a bit of new story content, basically your idea is wider than what mine has.

I am looking forwards to this concepts of yours to be realised, and I do hope that our ideas compliment each other and our works are compatible. :cheers:

• Light Side Points 1

1634035113_LEGENDSFont-Edited.png.54d77fd342e5557f4fee610fc771dff4.png

[Updated: August 11, 2018]

An update to Korriban portion.

Korriban portion of the series has been completed. Many thanks to @VarsityPuppet for permission to have Spectral Ajunta Pall Canonical Appearance featured in both screenshots and preview of both works. :respect:

4. Korriban [Completed/Release time soon TBA]

Spoiler
  • Mod's poster-trailer:

1881655697_AjuntaPallsBladeLegendsPoster-trailer.png.f33c4edcb6ce62aae3047f0e97605629.png

• Mod's screenshot:

1594390892_AjuntaPallsBladeLegends-FinalPhase.png.07e98ddfa9d49c1d2e6e3a063be04173.png

Spoiler

Any updates of current development will also be posted in thread's introduction post.

Edited by ebmar
  • Like 1

Very cool, ebmar! I really like his new voice effect.

Meanwhile, I'm getting closer and closer to completing the (hopefully) first installment in my KotOR "Origins" series. Gameplay of the main quest is more than halfway done, so expect a thread regarding the whole situation and calling VO actors up relatively soon. I'll be keeping details to a minimum until I feel it's ready, though.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, eNoodles said:

Very cool, ebmar! I really like his new voice effect.

Many thanks for the appreciation, eNoodles! :cheers:

Yes, after some trial-and-errors; finally I've got the result I wanted. There are attempts before this one, quite many. All files has been done, and when I do an in-game test; all voices are delayed because the attack effect causing the voice to laidback and breaking the cutscenes. Glad, I've dodge a bullet with the setup on this one.

Meanwhile, I'm getting closer and closer to completing the (hopefully) first installment in my KotOR "Origins" series. Gameplay of the main quest is more than halfway done, so expect a thread regarding the whole situation and calling VO actors up relatively soon. I'll be keeping details to a minimum until I feel it's ready, though.

Cool! "Origins". Wow, that is a nice name to have for a series, really. Dang, can't wait to feel the experience on that one. Please, keep us updated with the situation when it arises!

• Light Side Points 1

tbh i'm not a big fan of the new voice you did for "legends" ajunta pall, it sounds to garbled and robotic, in my opinion

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, mrmann said:

tbh i'm not a big fan of the new voice you did for "legends" ajunta pall, it sounds to garbled and robotic, in my opinion

Many thanks for the feedback, mrmann! Very much appreciated. :cheers:

I am cool with that. A matter of taste; which is very personal- in my perspective. 😊

• Like 2

I find the new voice more menacing and frightening than the one planned for the original Mod (sorry VP). I also think it cathes better the original intention for Pall artistic depiction (an old, sinister man with dreadful memories) while also making it more spectral and menacing, as I've said.

• Thanks 1

I really like this idea of enhancing some of the various characters throughout the game. I once thought of doing something similar by giving unique appearances/items to some of the named characters that just look like generic NPCs (the Genoharadan for example). Good luck with it I'm very impressed with what's been done so far!

• Thanks 1

I like what you are trying to do with the voice! Just not sure about the robotic effect, I think it distorts the voice a little too much.

• Thanks 1

On 8/21/2018 at 8:43 AM, Spectrometer said:

... it cathes better the original intention for Pall artistic depiction (an old, sinister man with dreadful memories) while also making it more spectral and menacing, as I've said.

Many thanks for the feedback! Very much appreciated the thoughts. :cheers:

On 8/21/2018 at 8:43 PM, DarthRevan101 said:

I really like this idea of enhancing some of the various characters throughout the game.

Thanks, glad to hear that! :cheers:

I once thought of doing something similar by giving unique appearances/items to some of the named characters that just look like generic NPCs (the Genoharadan for example).

I hope the thoughts could be accomplished one time! And I have noticed you have done something that are steps forwards in fact with Recruitable Maxis. I haven't tried the mod actually, but looking forwards to have a go with it in the next playthrough! ☺️

Good luck with it I'm very impressed with what's been done so far!

Again, many thanks for the appreciation! Glad that you're impressed. :cheers:

On 8/21/2018 at 10:17 PM, Rinku said:

I like what you are trying to do with the voice!

Thanks! Appreciate it. :cheers:

Just not sure about the robotic effect, I think it distorts the voice a little too much.

Appreciate the feedback, thanks! Yes, I am certain some will like and some will not with the applied effect- as I can't actually pleased everyone with all is said and done. Maybe, in the next attempt I could try another version which can closely accommodate yours and others preferences.

I will take this opportunity also to give a heads-up with the recent update that is going on recently.

[Updated: August 22, 2018]

The Korriban portion of the series has been completed.

4. Korriban [Completed: August 20, 2018]

Spoiler

Spoiler

Meanwhile, from Tatooine portion of the series; progress has been going with Komad Fortuna "Legends" particularly his appearance inside the Hunting Lodge:

Spoiler

1434694229_KFortunaLegendsHuntingLodge-Preview.thumb.png.51d9c334586ee1932f6290fc6d31a511.png

In fact, all files for his release had been compiled and the installer has been ready. But still I am not 100% sure about his clothing option. Still digging for another ideas.

The focal point of the idea was; to have Komad two different appearances between the Hunting Lodge, the Krayt Dragon's lair, and his appearance on Kashyyyk [possible light side path].

His appearance in the Krayt Dragon's lair will be the one that is different because he would wear an armor there.

Any updates of current development will also be posted in thread's introduction post.

Edited by ebmar
  • Like 1

[Updated: September 24, 2018]

A quick heads-up to the WIP page. These are some sneak-a-peek of what's coming next:

2. Dantooine [featuring SpaceAlex's "Unfinished K1 Enhancement Pack - Jedi Robes"]

Spoiler

Belaya_Legends.thumb.png.06ed4d7de7a7b8bcc81ec3ca8cea63e2.png

5. Manaan [featuring Dark Hope's "HD PMHA03" and redrob41's "Modder's Resource: Specialized Combat Suits for KotOR - K1 Model UVW Fixes"]

Spoiler

554655568_MysteriousManLegends_Preview.thumb.png.0f9cc03c31f76d6285c94d9424fd57e7.png

Props to @gerblul for the amazing idea; for without his insight, this Manaan portion would not have been possible. :respect:

Edited by ebmar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

[Updated: October 12, 2018]

A quick heads-up to the thread. The new and last entry of Dantooine's portion has been decided. Here's a sneek-a-peek of what's coming next:

2. Dantooine [featuring SpaceAlex's "Unfinished K1 Enhancement Pack - PC Head Reskins"] [Outdated]

Spoiler

1171056813_SherrukLegends_Preview.thumb.png.35dd59a2104520da89bd352f2542bf1f.png

Edit: In the screenshot he's wearing a Breath Mask taken from xander2077's "Vanilla Masks Overhaul" which in-fact I haven't got the permission to have it released along with the planned mod. The backup-plan is to have him wearing the vanilla Breath Mask just in case I did not have the permission from the original author of the featured mask.

I am looking to have this guy carrying his own customized melee weapons too. But I haven't decided yet what it would be.

Any feedbacks are very much appreciated! :cheers:

Update: Latest update regarding the development of particular entry can be followed from its WIP thread:

Edited by ebmar
  • Like 1

Sherruk "legends". interesting choice.

Hopefully he uses those lightsabers he collected instead of those echani foils he has for some reason

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mrmann said:

Sherruk "legends". interesting choice.

Thanks! Nice to hear that you were interested. :cheers:

Hopefully he uses those lightsabers he collected instead of those echani foils he has for some reason

Ah-ha, this is where things would be different. With the main plot which is the main-installation as planned, Sherruk will not equip those lightsabers [they still be in the inventory and being dropable though], instead- he will be carrying custom melee weapons which haven't decided yet what they'd be. Plot-wise, they are which weapons Sherruk's uses to slay those Jedis that he collected their lightsabers. And for alternatives, there will be an optional installation which let Sherruks equipped those lightsabers, and let the Echani Foils kept in the inventory. Another one is the optional vanilla version, which its inventories are left unchanged.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ebmar said:

instead- he will be carrying custom melee weapons which haven't decided yet what they'd be. Plot-wise, they are which weapons Sherruk's uses to slay those Jedis that he collected their lightsabers.

If I may suggest something for his custom melee weapons?
Perhaps keeping in the mandalorian theme you could give him a Mythosaur Axe or a Mandalorian Beskad?
Or something inspired by them since they would likely need new models?

latest?cb=20090929144821
latest?cb=20140129103618

I think if that could be pulled off it would make Sherruk and his quest very unique
(Also I love that weird fan axe lol)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Deltm said:

If I may suggest something for his custom melee weapons?

Sure thing! Thanks for the feedback anyway; very much appreciated. :cheers:

Perhaps keeping in the mandalorian theme you could give him a Mythosaur Axe or a Mandalorian Beskad?
Or something inspired by them since they would likely need new models?

Spoiler

latest?cb=20090929144821

Spoiler

latest?cb=20140129103618

I think if that could be pulled off it would make Sherruk and his quest very unique
(Also I love that weird fan axe lol)

Dang I do like the Axe very much, but as my skill in actual modelling currently is zero-to-none lol; the more realistic choice would be the Beskad I believe.

Actually, I am looking for any weapon mods that is possible to use either they're modders resources or the actual authors of the mods gave permission for potential modders to use it in their mod. I think I have found some, but still looking for any possibilities really.

9 minutes ago, ebmar said:

but as my skill in actual modelling currently is zero-to-none lol; the more reasonable choice would be the Beskad I believe.

Actually, I am looking for any weapon mods that is possible to use either they're modders resources or the actual authors of the mods gave permission for potential modders to use it in their mod. I think I have found some, but still looking for any possibilities really.

Im almost positive the Axe has a model in some mod somewhere
I just dont know if its available outside that mod as a resource
After some searching it looks like the  Beskad is already out there in this mod

I'll look around for that axe though
Im so sure Ive seen it

• Thanks 1

Okay sorry for the double post but I just found it lol

It's in Brotherhood of Shadow Solomons Revenge
But im not sure theres permissions available to use the models from it

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Deltm said:

Im almost positive the Axe has a model in some mod somewhere

If you're referring to the mythosaur axe, I have a version of it that I created for the Battlefront 2 Kotor mod. Here it is in KOTOR though. Zaalbar included for size

Star_Wars__Knights_of_the_Old_Republic_6

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, VarsityPuppet said:

If you're referring to the mythosaur axe, I have a version of it that I created for the Battlefront 2 Kotor mod. Here it is in KOTOR though. Zaalbar included for size

Actually yeah!
I thought it was from BOSSR but this is exactly what I was searching for

5 minutes ago, Deltm said:

After some searching it looks like the  Beskad is already out there in this mod

Spoiler

Fantastic! Even more, the author had it terms of use described in the mod's page: "Re-distribute or re-use this mod as you like, in full or in part." :cheers:

I'll look around for that axe though
Im so sure Ive seen it

Thanks man, appreciate it!

1 minute ago, Deltm said:
Spoiler

It's in Brotherhood of Shadow Solomons Revenge

Yup! I have just thought about that too and actually looking to have yours replied but hahah- I think I need to clear my browser's caches here. :pc:

1 minute ago, VarsityPuppet said:

Spoiler

Yes! I have seen this picture inside the Gallery before. Amazing work, VP!

But dang- FYI; the Sherruk that I have been developing use the PMBHS model variant which means- you know, imagine a scoundrel body carrying that Axe.... 😂