jc2

Anyone Beat Impossible Difficulty on K1R?

Has anyone on Deadlystream beaten the entire K1R without cheats on Impossible difficulty? 

If so, what mods did you have? 

I had thought several people had done this already, but ZM90 said, "I wonder if anybody has beaten Impossible Difficulty? I can tell you I am the one responsible for Impossible Difficulty and even I haven't beaten K1 on it."

He also said, "I'll personally congratulate the first person that players through K1 on Impossible Difficulty only with no cheats and successfully beats the game."

Which leaves me perplexed that it has not been done yet. 

Well, the only problem with that is it would be oh so easy just to say "Yeah, I did it" without any proof to back it up

I suppose one would need to do a let's play or something to prove that such a thing is possible. Because I honestly don't think it's possible, given the furthest I've gotten is the Vulkar Base

Then again, I admit that I'm not a person who could be called persevering.... 

Yeah if I am going to congratulate someone I'll need proof that they did it without cheats, or save editors, or lowering the difficulty...

I normally play using SEM for my own reasons, but I'm unsure if that would make it easier or harder...

Yeah, but I wasn't looking to impress ZM90, no offense meant. I just wanted to know if anyone had done it. I don't care if they have proof; I'm just looking for someone to give an honest answer. Also Deadlystream doesn't seem like the community that would lie over such a small brag... so I don't really see the need for evidence. 

Actually, wouldn't streaming on Twitch be the ideal source?

One could easily change difficulty between separate videos, and quite frankly, I'd rather not watch a 10+ hour Youtube video just for proof the difficulty was not changed

• Like 1

Actually, wouldn't streaming on Twitch be the ideal source?

One could easily change difficulty between separate videos, and quite frankly, I'd rather not watch a 10+ hour Youtube video just for proof the difficulty was not changed

I agree with this Twitch streaming is the best option.

Lol! But who would watch that? Besides, it would be just as easy to live stream it and switch the difficulty as soon as the 1 or 2 people who were interested (at one time or another) left the twitch. ..

I've beaten KotOR on Impossible many times.

It was a standalone mod prior to the release of K1R.

Congratulations Tails.

Why do I believe Tails?  It's because he knew it was a standalone mod prior to K1R's release and has thus had years to accomplish this amazing feat.

Well thanks for informing us Milestails! That ends this mystery and the thread.

I've beaten KotOR on Impossible many times.

It was a standalone mod prior to the release of K1R.

Yeah, once, but I don't record videos whenever I play video games lol I've played a Scout - Consular, 8-12 or maybe 7-13. Taris was a pain but afterwards it got easier once I got to use Force Powers. I used a near-full Wisdom/Charisma build and used Statis Field and Force Wave on everything. Fight with Malak was won via thermal detonators and a ton of mines.

• Like 2

ahhaha I love those boss battles when you have to resort to such unconventional (for a jedi) means of killing! XD

Yeah, once, but I don't record videos whenever I play video games lol I've played a Scout - Consular, 8-12 or maybe 7-13. Taris was a pain but afterwards it got easier once I got to use Force Powers. I used a near-full Wisdom/Charisma build and used Statis Field and Force Wave on everything. Fight with Malak was won via thermal detonators and a ton of mines.

There's Redhawk's op item packs designed for hardcore play-throughs

http://www.jumpstationz.com/RedHawke/mods.html

It really is op, though. You get like a thousand thermal detonators, lol. Good for killing Malak.

Reminds me of the first time I played KOTOR, the first video game I ever played, I used like a couple dozen grenades to kill the rancor beast on Taris :2guns:

There's Redhawk's op item packs designed for hardcore play-throughs

http://www.jumpstationz.com/RedHawke/mods.html

It really is op, though. You get like a thousand thermal detonators, lol. Good for killing Malak.

Reminds me of the first time I played KOTOR, the first video game I ever played, I used like a couple dozen grenades to kill the rancor beast on Taris :2guns:

You know you can put the synthesized odor and a grenade on that corpse, right?

You know you can put the synthesized odor and a grenade on that corpse, right?

I figured that out after playing that part, lol.

I figured that out after playing that part, lol.

My first time I ended up just running past the rancor. Somehow despite him and the Vulkar guards, I was allowed to move on into the Vulkar base.

I'm on the Unknown World now, and am going strong on Impossible difficulty. I have no way of proving it though, so you'll all just have to trust me.... In the future I may do a YouTube Let's Play series where I prove it's still Impossible at the beginning of every video. Just don't have the time for that now.

I can provide a completed savegame, but again, that's easy to fake...

I'm on the Unknown World now, and am going strong on Impossible difficulty. I have no way of proving it though, so you'll all just have to trust me.... In the future I may do a YouTube Let's Play series where I prove it's still Impossible at the beginning of every video. Just don't have the time for that now.

I can provide a completed savegame, but again, that's easy to fake...

Bah, nobody here is going to scrutinize you. I believe you. Let me know how battling Malak goes! 

I'm thinking soon of starting a game dedicated to winning on Impossible difficulty (which will entail returning to my super strong idiot build). Should I worry about providing any sort of documentation, or will everybody take my word for it if I succeed?