Dragonrider364

SLM issues and other things

OK, i just got the content mod working, but i wanna install slm too, among other reasons because i can't help but find it funny that "every lightsaber is unique" and yet they all look exactly the same. Problem is that SLM requires something called "TSLpatcher.exe" I looked it up and tried to install it, but the link on the forum is broken, it seems, because my computer says the page can't be displayed. Also i can't find a guide that a non computer expert like me can understand. So first, can someone give me a link to the newest version? Second, can someone tell me in layman's terms how to install it? And third, can someone tell me how to use it to install SLM?

Also, is there a mod that lets you sheathe/holster your weapons? Because another thing i find silly is you're telling this guy "oh, no, relax, i'm not gonna hurt you" while brandishing a superheated double-bladed plasma sword in his face, and he actually believes you!

You don't need to download the TSL patcher. It works automatically with each individual mod with slightly different setup depending on how the mod creator intended it to work. 

As for the holster, for TSL, you could just switch your weapons to an empty set before a conversation if you find it that annoying.

There is a .exe found in most mods that'll automatically install each mod m

hey, there isn't an edit button, ok? and yeah, how do i find that .exe you speak of? And i think you hit the send button a little early, could you please try that again?

For desktop, it's on the lower right/toward the center in a darker font in desktop mode (it might be a little hard to see, but it's there.)

If you're using Mobile, you will have to tap the post itself, and the option to Edit will pop up in the lower right.

hey, there isn't an edit button, ok?  and yeah, how do i find that .exe you speak of?  And i think you hit the send button a little early, could you please try that again?

I didn't end that post. An m and n will randomly appear sometimes if I'm on mobile. No clue why.

And just watch this or something...

As far as Dragonrider364's issue, there is a .exe that is packaged with every TSLPatcher-friendly mod. This can be found within the mod and may not be called "TSLPatcher". The easiest way to find it is to extract the mod using a program like WinRAR or 7Zip and then checking the folder inside.

You should find a file with a white and green picture, as well as a folder called "tslpatchdata". The file with the white and green icon is what you need to use.

Ok, I found it, and it says it installed, but i'm a bit concerned that it hasn't. SLM you see, (Just incase you didn't know) works on a schematic system.  You find schematics in game that you can then use with components and crystals to make different hilted sabers.  There's 13 in total I believe, and each companion character also has their own custom saber they can make after they become jedi.  Problem is I have been across telos station, dantooine and am now on nar shadda, and I have yet to find 1 schematic!  not a one!  So i'm kinda concerned I put it in the wrong folder.  I selected the kotor 2 folder and it says it went into the override folder, but Is that wrong?  Is it supposed to be in a different folder?  Or should I just be more patient?  Before you ask, yes, it's compatible with the restored content mod.

And to Rece, i'm sorry, I didn't know.  On the upside, M for mobile!

I'm not sure about the particulars, but you can ask Kaidon Jorn on that part.

However, you could post the installlog.rtf (as an attachment to your post using the More Reply Options). And do you yourself already have a lightsaber on that character? And did you install this and then start a new game?

Installlog.rtf?  As for your questions, no, I've been waiting for one of these schematics, and a silver crystal, but I do have all the parts I need, and yes, I installed these mods first then started the game. 

No, like I said, I am waiting for a silver crystal, and yes, I installed it last.  as for Kaiden, I didn't know you could pm on this, how do I do that?

Aight.

first off.

The first schematic you should have found was in a round crate at Atris' Telos Plateau academy.

There are 2 crates right  next to the work bench there. The schematic is in the one to the left from the workbench.

Second. You absolutely must complete your quest lightsaber with Bao-Dur before you can even start building schematics.

Dantooine? Did you do the end discussion with Vrook? He gives you one. Kaevee too.

So if you installed it correctly you should already have schematics. As suggested find the SLM folder you installed from and post the installlog.rtf.

attatched the installog document.  And yeah, I finished the conversation.  Don't remember any schematics in any crates either unless they aren't visible in your inventory.

Also, nice end quote there.  Seriously, there were eight individual stories, of course they weren't all going to be the next KOTOR 1.

Installog.rtf

Well, seeing as how it replaced the .mod files, the changes should definitely be there...

Do you  have any saves from before going to the Telos Academy? That would at least help Kaidon Jorn test.

@KJ: I noticed that it was set to replace the .mods. Were these TSLRCM .mods to begin with?

maybe not, I copied it from the actual file and put it in a standard text document, mostly for ease of access, hope that didn't cause any problems.  And according to the mod page, it's designed to be compatible with the newest version of the restored content mod.  So basically i'm gonna have to reinstall it in some specific way and then start a whole new game?  As for the saves, no, I do not.

Well, seeing as how it replaced the .mod files, the changes should definitely be there...

Do you  have any saves from before going to the Telos Academy? That would at least help Kaidon Jorn test.

@KJ: I noticed that it was set to replace the .mods. Were these TSLRCM .mods to begin with?

Yes, I built the mod with 1.8.3 installed, then M4-78EP for the compatibilty patches.

maybe not, I copied it from the actual file and put it in a standard text document, mostly for ease of access, hope that didn't cause any problems.  And according to the mod page, it's designed to be compatible with the newest version of the restored content mod.  So basically i'm gonna have to reinstall it in some specific way and then start a whole new game?  As for the saves, no, I do not.

Copied what from the actual file?

The install log is fine.

Did Vrook have a new lightsaber hilt model that was different than the vanilla ones? Or Sion?

Did Kreia have a lightsaber on Peragus and the Harbinger?

I would just start a new game if not.

Edited by Kaidon Jorn

Yeah, I went to the SLM folder and then opened the installog document and copy-pasted it into a new document in the... well document folder.

No, his hilt was vanilla, and no, she was unarmed.

Started a new game, is she supposed to have the saber as soon as she wakes up or once she joins your party?

Tell you what, should I just attach the entire SWTOR 2:TSL folder and hope someone can find out what I did wrong?

Yeah, I went to the SLM folder and then opened the installog document and copy-pasted it into a new document in the... well document folder.

Yeah if you didn't install SLM until halfway through the game you aren't going to find anything and have problems.

Sorry, you're going to need to start a new game.

now that I spotted the edit button, I direct you to the comment previous to yours there on the thread.  Also, it wasn't halfway through the game, I made it after I installed these mods.

Started a new game, is she supposed to have the saber as soon as she wakes up or once she joins your party?

Tell you what, should I just attach the entire SWTOR 2:TSL folder and hope someone can find out what I did wrong?

No, when you come back up from the dormitories level to the main part of the mining facility she is standing there and says "We must leave at once" or whatever. She will ignite her lightsaber.

(You cannot use her lightsaber, and it isn't upgradeable, but you can use Kreia to cut through locked doors!) 

So yeah, once she joins you she should have it.