VarsityPuppet

MOD:Holowan Duplisaber Beta

Too bad you can't make a core lightsaber creation mod, then release optional files for it for saber hilts that one person may like, but another person might not.

Too bad you can't make a core lightsaber creation mod, then release optional files for it for saber hilts that one person may like, but another person might not.

Given the emergence of these very crippling limitations, I don't think there would be much room for extra "optional" patches :/

New plan.

In order to fit with my limitation of 256 variants that can deflect blaster bolts and for all intents and purposes, work PROPERLY, I've reduced the colors to these 12:

Blue

Red

Green

Yellow

Purple

Orange

Chartreuse

Cyan - Slightly more blue than original cyan

Viridian - Closer to Turquoise than the dark green color

Silver

Magenta

Indigo

This gives me 21 saber hilts for each type (single, double, short) for a total of 63 hilts (still quite a bit).

First and foremost, I want all character sabers in the game.

This includes:

Party Members: Atton, Bao-Dur, Mira, Kreia, Handmaiden, Disciple, Visas

Jedi Masters: Atris, Kavar (both of his), Vash, Kaah, Vrook and Zez Kai Ell

Sith Lords : Traya, Sion, Nihilus and Freedon Nadd's

Including all of these character sabers takes up 15 single, 2 double and 1 short. To claim more slots to add more single sabers, I'm going to essentially combine the two baseitem rows which that all lightsabers will be balanced weapons. This allows me to lump short, long and single sabers all together as one group, and I can still differentiate between them by setting properties in their uti files.

Long story short, by combining short, single and longsabers, I'll have a cap of 512 and 27 hilts to choose from either short, single or long.

I'm going to get this mod out one way or another!!!!

Good to hear it, VP! I take it the Crimson saber color won't make the final cut, eh?

Single Bladed Lightsaber Short list

My apologies to QDJ, you have plenty more Double-Bladed Sabers.

Also, you may notice that some of these are renamed or given names. This was to achieve a somewhat common naming convention among all of the collected sabers.

Double Sabers posted soon.

//Jedi Masters
1Atris' Prism
2Vash's Harmony
3Vrook's Lightsaber
4Kavar 1
5Kavar 2
6Zez Kai Ell

//Sith Lords
7Sceptre of Betrayal
8Lord of Hunger
9Mantle of Pain

//Party
10Atton's Lightsaber
11Bao-Dur's Lightsaber
12Handmaiden's Balance
13Visas' Hope of Katarr
14Mira's Lightsaber
15Kreia's Walking Stick
16Disciple's Agenda

//Short
17Type G
18Edifice
19Starfire
20Sunfire
21Valkyrie
22Viper

//USM
23Segan Wyndh's Lightsaber
24BA-122 (single)

//Evasto
25Darth Ametha's Lightsaber
26Darth Evasto's Lightsaber

//Qui-Don Jorn
27Dxun Veteran
28Acolyte
29Ancient Warrior
30Sith Raider

//OldFlash
31Prestige
32Enforcer I
33Enforcer II

//Quanon
34Evenstar of Blue Dawn (fix)
35Curve
36Felucian Lily
37Hand of Mercy
38Helion
--39Malice ? (Double saber?)
39Tormentor
40Nex'Uot (The origin of this lightsaber is unknown)
41Rose
42Sceptre of Conthu

Yeah I'm actually upset by this news.

I'm gonna request some things via pm

...aaand I think I'm going to finish my old SLM mod, it was what was going to end up replacing HotOR a couple of years ago

Yeah... it sucks.

I mean, we still get around 68 lightsaber hilts though. Don't be greedy!

I think maybe the best thing to do would be to release the project making build, or even a few different versions of the mod.

I don't know, we'll see how complicated it gets.

Back on track for a release!

I'm pretty much were I was around two weeks ago when this error was first discovered.

The difference this time is that the mod is much more focused and concise (fancy wording for less sabers and less colors).

I'm at the point where all I need to do is testing, fix a few features that I added and then were thusly deleted with my poor use of version control and it'll be time...

Never sure of the etiquette of new forums, I'll just jump right in, skip the intro threads, I'm not a "hai errvywuuun" kinda guy.

I made this account explicitly for one purpose; to fanboyishly exclaim my support and admiration for the work you do and for this mod. (for whatever thoughts and "Squees" are worth.) Just to have it known (Though you probably already do) there's still a silent mass that appreciates your work. and I can only handle giving out so much wank in one post, so I'll end it here.

My mission is complete. Carry on. I have official sith business to attend to.

• Like 1

So I recently reinstalled KOTOR 2 since the 1.8.3 update and then installed dm robes which is when I found your glorious alpha release for saber hilts so I ran the installer as administrator because it continued to crash when I attempted to install normally. I had to install it twice to make sure it worked since I didn't see the topic in the workbench screen, however now the problem is I don't recieve the new crystals to make the sabers. So I did a another reinstall and installed it first but still found I had to use the installer again after everything. I know its compatible with tslrcm so I'm just stumped as to what is preventing the notification for the crystals.

Yeah, you better make a clean reinstall of everything, at this point. Possibly starting a new game too. Always install mods as administrator!

I hate to mock anyone (doesn't help being the new guy) but with the troubles you've faced, the "making lightsabers is incredibly easy" thing on the mod page is...a little funny.

...I'll see myself out. Official Sith Business.

i would like to thank you for your work and also ask what do you believe the release date is for the final version?

Gave everything a fresh reinstall and same issue, I get no notification of new crystal only that I've lost an item, also it gives me the option to break down all hilts even though I have none of the crystals. I don't know  if this is something to do with the baseitem or upicrystal file, I don't mess with those because I have zero idea on how to edit that stuff. I don't want to because even if I learn I'm afraid I'll mess with the programming and just cause ctd. If its somehow connected to me playing in windowed mode for some reason I don't know, but here is what I have installed.

TSL Prequel Robes

Armored Robes

DM Movie Style Master Robes

TSLRCM 1.8.3

M478EP pa0cth 1.1

Running on Windows7 as well.

Gave everything a fresh reinstall and same issue, I get no notification of new crystal only that I've lost an item, also it gives me the option to break down all hilts even though I have none of the crystals. I don't know  if this is something to do with the baseitem or upicrystal file, I don't mess with those because I have zero idea on how to edit that stuff. I don't want to because even if I learn I'm afraid I'll mess with the programming and just cause ctd. If its somehow connected to me playing in windowed mode for some reason I don't know, but here is what I have installed.

TSL Prequel Robes

Armored Robes

DM Movie Style Master Robes

TSLRCM 1.8.3

M478EP pa0cth 1.1

Running on Windows7 as well.

Notification of a new crystal? 

If I remember correctly you just build a hilt you want on the workbench then close the saber console out and go to upgrade, then you should be able to put the hilt you just built in where

you normally put a color crystal to change the lightsaber model.

If i understand your problem correctly you shouldn't be looking for crystals at all, but hilts.

The hilts you make with the Saber Console are what you put in as crystals

The crystal never shows up in the upgrade screen, that's what I meant, I go to a workbench, I open the saber console, create the hilt, choose type, then color, exit out of console screen, go to upgrade at workbench, and nothing shows up at all. I know you won't see the crystal in your inventory, but you get a little blip of having the crystal even if it doesn't show up, all I get after creating a crystal is a item lost notification on screen and nothing.

I apologize for the lack of updates. I know this sounds pretty cliche, but I've been busy with real life stuff. 30-40 hours a week of programming, summer classes to get a little head start and binge-watching TV shows on Netflix.

The project is in a good state. I essentially have to go through and shave the saber count to the aforementioned number.

I actually did have that done, but due to some unfortunate mistakes with Git, I lost my changes.

Always nice just to know it's still alive.

I've seen there's quite a stigma with asking for a time frame so I'll not be doing that.

I hear some of the patrols got stuck in the under city sewers, I'm on that assignment, so carry on, official sith business.

#itsmyshtick

Is this compatible with the Workbench Crystal Attunement mod?

I would assume not, but there's nothing to lose by asking, right?