Hassat Hunter

Bugs and minor inconveniences with TSLRCM 1.8.4

New install, patched and I see the tslrcm logo. No mods. Ep not installed yet.

I have had this error/bug with 3 different test characters. What happens is that after I kill a mining droid I get stuck and can't move. It doesn't matter how I kill them (laser or sword or force power) I am forc3ed to save and reload where the droids then disappear and I can move again. It is even happening sometimes with the droid on peragus. Obviously this is very very frustrating havinfg to constantly reload after every battle. This is making the game unplayable. Just to save Rand out of the prison I was forced to reload 5 times. I played the droid until the part when HK-50 shoots him and I had to reload once right before the final elevator .

*It seems that when I get stuck and I am able to click with my mouse cursor on something to activate then I will become unstuck sometimes.

After every step of the install process I have done a test run and it seems that the problem has gotten worse with each major step. (Game install, patch, tslrcm)

Any ideas.

system specs win7

CM Storm Trooper|steelseries MERK stealth|Razer Naga|SABERTOOTH X58|Intel® Core™ i7-960 Processor|EVGA GeForce GTX 670 SuperClocked|GX 750W|Vengeance® Pro Series 16GB DDR3 DRAM 1600MHz C9 Memory Kit|240GB OCZ-AGILITY3 ATA Device|Seagate Backup Plus 5TB USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive|dual Asus monitor 27inches HD

Edited by Kate The Bionic Uterus

New install, patched and I see the tslrcm logo. No mods. Ep not installed yet.

I have had this error/bug with 3 different test characters. What happens is that after I kill a mining droid I get stuck and can't move. It doesn't matter how I kill them (laser or sword or force power) I am forc3ed to save and reload where the droids then disappear and I can move again. It is even happening sometimes with the droid on peragus. Obviously this is very very frustrating havinfg to constantly reload after every battle. This is making the game unplayable. Just to save Rand out of the prison I was forced to reload 5 times. I played the droid until the part when HK-50 shoots him and I had to reload once right before the final elevator .

*It seems that when I get stuck and I am able to click with my mouse cursor on something to activate then I will become unstuck sometimes.

After every step of the install process I have done a test run and it seems that the problem has gotten worse with each major step. (Game install, patch, tslrcm)

Any ideas.

system specs win7

There's a very simple fix for this. Enable V-Sync in the options.

There's a very simple fix for this. Enable V-Sync in the options.

I like simple fixes, I will double check to see if it on. It should since I am following my own install instructions I wrote on another forum a few years back :D

Checking now... Fixed, thank you. It seems that all my advanced settings were reset or I forgot to reset them after installing the TSLRCM. Either way I feel better now. Cheers.

I like simple fixes, I will double check to see if it on. It should since I am following my own install instructions I wrote on another forum a few years back :D

Checking now... Fixed, thank you. It seems that all my advanced settings were reset or I forgot to reset them after installing the TSLRCM. Either way I feel better now. Cheers.

Glad I could help :D

Telling Opo Chano to return your credits, and then clicking the "Just let me shop" before exiting the conversation will result in not receiving the credits! If you exit the conversation immediately then you will receive them (as you should). Bug.

hello i have had a hard time with kotor2 especially considering that i have had to uninstall tslrcm every time an error prevents me from progressing any further

the first time i had to re-install kotor2 was when in nar shadaa it didnt go to the cutscene with g0-t0's yacht it went to the cutscene with the zhug thugs i think they were called  so at that point i uninstalled tslrcm and i thought to myself if i have to uninstall something like this just to play past a certain point or start over from scratch then i probably shouldnt use it but this brings me to my latest moment of frustration if i dont have tslrcm installed when i enter the throne room in onderon it skips the talk and fight with Master Kavar (Dark Side) and because of this i cannot progress i cannot go back to onderon i cannot do any sidequests i did on any other planet as some areas are sealed off

with tslrcm installed i can fight kavar but he wont die even after his health has dropped to 0 and my order of planets was peragus, telos, dantooine, nar shadaa, koribann  onderon,(for about five seconds) dxun then onderon then dxun then onderon again

and for the following questions

1) During the game, when did the problem begin to occur?

Onderon second visit
2) Did you install the latest version of the mod? (1.8.3b and 1.1b respectively)

Yes and no(didnt install the droid planet at the time)
3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

4 CD version, US

4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (4-CD version ONLY)

Yes(was already up to date)
5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file?

Fresh install
6) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

Kreia's assorted robe collection(http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/81-kreias-assorted-robe-collection/)

TSL Hak Pad(http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/TSL_Hak_Pad;66316)

Telos OTE(http://www.nexusmods.com/kotor2/mods/16/?)

Peragus OTE(http://www.nexusmods.com/kotor2/mods/14/?)

Fire and Ice HD(http://www.nexusmods.com/kotor2/mods/25/?)

Green Level up Icon(http://www.nexusmods.com/kotor2/mods/26/?)

and other various texture replacers i dont remember

7) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?

cant be more specific then that 

8) Have you tried re-downloading/re-installing the mod?

Yes
9) Have you tried using a different save game?

Yes

10) Have you tried starting a new game?

Hell No(ive not come so far through bugs and all just to get to the end and start over)
11) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition

12) Can you confirm that you see the TSLRCM logo on the the main menu screen?

Yes(when installed)

im sure it is a bug with the mod as my savegame has had many bugs since its installation uninstallation and subsequent reinstallations and help would be appreciated

JordanB500: Were these saves that you're using from a game that you were playing BEFORE you started playing with the TSLRCM?

It also sounds as if you played with TSLRCM installed, uninstalled it, continued to play and reinstalled it later. If that's the case then it's most likely the cause for your problems.

yes i started a new game prior to the installation of tslrcm and i had to uninstall tslrcm because of a problem where the cutscene for goto's yacht would not appear and at that point i stopped using tslrcm up until the fight with kavar because it solves that problem aside from kavar being invincible, id rather not start a new game with or without tslrcm so u can see my problem

if the problem can be fixed with KSE(which i cant find a proper download link for) any instructions would be appreciated

Well, uninstalling/installing a mod midway through a game basically HAS to create problems, so I doubt anyone here will be able to help you.

And the reason for the yacht bug was probably already caused by some kind of mod incompability or some other mod installation mistake, although the only mod on your list that could be incompatible with TSLRCM would be the Hack pad and even there I would have thought it compatible if it weren't the only possible one^^

yes i started a new game prior to the installation of tslrcm and i had to uninstall tslrcm because of a problem where the cutscene for goto's yacht would not appear and at that point i stopped using tslrcm up until the fight with kavar because it solves that problem aside from kavar being invincible, id rather not start a new game with or without tslrcm so u can see my problem

if the problem can be fixed with KSE(which i cant find a proper download link for) any instructions would be appreciated

This site perhaps?

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/503-kotor-save-game-editor/

And I know for a fact that Filefront still has it...

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/files/Knights_of_the_Old_Republic_II/Utilities/Save_Game_Editor;10245

using the save editor it doesnt show all my saves just saves 000024 - game 23 - 000070 game 69

which folder does it look in, i checked both program data and the kotor2 root folder and everything is current

im using the retail 4 cd version btw

to be honest i didnt know about tslrcm when i first started playing kotor2 for the second time the first time i got stuck at telos and gave up this time i got stuck and looked online for mods and then this happened i suppose that i could have started from telos at the point before meeting atris and the handmaidens because im sure thats around when i installed tslrcm

also just curious what does the Savegame Pack LSMGWE 1.0 do?

i have decided to start over from scratch with tslrcm  so are there any mods that  you guys might suggest that are compatible with tslrcm and the droid planet? 

i have decided to start over from scratch with tslrcm  so are there any mods that  you guys might suggest that are compatible with tslrcm and the droid planet?

Start here: Mod Compatibility List for TSLRCM 1.8.3

If you have questions about mods not shown on that above list, ask about it in this thread: Inquiries on Mod Compatibility List for TSLRCM 1.8.3.

Small point; Without TSLRCM there *is* no Goto Yacht cutscene pre-Nar Shaddaa... it woul've cut straight to the ingame cutscene aboard the Yacht with G0-T0 addressing the Bounty Hunters.

In case you meant that scene...

btw Rece after looking over your saves.pages file i only found a picture that lists all the mods you used and i found one called G0-T0 overhaul which isnt hosted here anymore,

i went to the page where Darth_Sapiens developed the mod with Deadman with input from Sith Holocron and beta testers and im wondering were all the bugs ever fixed?

i downloaded the 1.0 version from filefront because the link on the picture is broken, im also looking into the other mods on the list but because its on a picture and not a text file i cant see it very well

btw Rece after looking over your saves.pages file i only found a picture that lists all the mods you used and i found one called G0-T0 overhaul which isnt hosted here anymore,

i went to the page where Darth_Sapiens developed the mod with Deadman with input from Sith Holocron and beta testers and im wondering were all the bugs ever fixed?

i downloaded the 1.0 version from filefront because the link on the picture is broken, im also looking into the other mods on the list but because its on a picture and not a text file i cant see it very well

My bad, I didn't know that the pages would just show up as an image, I made a txt file here:

TSLRCM Mods.txt

IIRC Goto Overhaul was pulled by the author due to an issue with the HK-Goto event on Malachor. I've not heard of that being fixed yet.

IIRC Goto Overhaul was pulled by the author due to an issue with the HK-Goto event on Malachor. I've not heard of that being fixed yet.

As far as that is concerned, you are correct, Hassat. LiliArch, Malkior, SH and I were talking it over with Darth_Sapiens in the chat room a few months back and we think we tracked down the issue, but a playthrough is required to see... Might shoot him a PM his way, perhaps?