Quanon

Quanons many projects.

Work continues on Mission, tweaked little stuff here and there.

I also started work on another Twi'lek; I run in to these to often in K1 and they just look so, pixelated mess.

There's 2 more of these skins, but first the classic red and green.

Also considering to do Canderis next. I like using him in my party as my gun slinger, while I team up with Bastila, and saber bash all oppesition :D
Plus, he's a male character and has hair, which should be a nice challenge.

It's tempting to say I'll do the whole party for K1, but then I might get bogged down.

Knowing myself :P

Prev_Body.jpg

Prev_Body02.jpg

Prevver01.jpg

Prevver02.jpg

• Like 1

Nope, he's skinning you and adding you to the game.

ahaha could we just leave "He's skinning you" and omit the rest. That sounds a lot more.. humorous XD

I seem to have corrupted your spelling of the character's name!  :P

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canderous_Ordo

Lol :laughing:

Yes, you have corrupted my memory!

No, news on that skin just yet. So, for now, you can keep your skin ;)

I have been further tweaking the earlier posted Twi'lek skin. I started in-game test run to see how the alpha channel worked out.

I really like the look I got now. The skin color however, remains a pain in the behind to get it right.

It's far to bright and yellowish right now. So that's back to Photoshop to get that sorted.

Overall, I think the rest of the skin works out just right. 

Oh, that head skin is made by Cache71 though, not my work. 

Prev_Body.jpg

N_TwilekFA01.jpg

Good thing I have already grabbed it from Nexus Mods. I prefer the Grey-yellow undies.

May I suggest something? Once upon a time, RedHawke1234 released his skin for Mission that changed her grey trousers to shorts. Maybe you could try to recreate it? I tried to merge them both in GIMP, but RedHawke's version is 248x248 and yours is 2048 x 2048. And I just hate the fact that Mission dresses like a soldier when she should wear more "teenage" clothes.

Good thing I have already grabbed it from Nexus Mods. I prefer the Grey-yellow undies.

May I suggest something? Once upon a time, RedHawke1234 released his skin for Mission that changed her grey trousers to shorts. Maybe you could try to recreate it? I tried to merge them both in GIMP, but RedHawke's version is 248x248 and yours is 2048 x 2048. And I just hate the fact that Mission dresses like a soldier when she should wear more "teenage" clothes.

No fear, I was planning on releasing a package with more variations. I was thinking of a more "punk" look for Mission. Altering how the jacket looks, her shirt (some sort of logo? Suggestions are welcome ;) ) and some other details on her boots. Plus the addition of more skin tones, going for classic green, red and yellow. Perhaps also adding extra color and texture to her Lekku/ Tentacles.

Though I was now working to get a few little fixes done on her face first. I always appreciate feedback on anything I make. :)

Perhaps also adding extra color and texture to her Lekku/ Tentacles.

It's always tricky working on her lekku, since part of the texture is on her body tga, not just the head tga. I wish Bioware hadn't done that, since it made it too hard for me to make other characters with that head mdl, while incorporating DS transitions  <_>

Maybe a Hidden Bek logo on her jacket? I guess you'd have to design one though, I don't think they have one in-game

You could check out the KOTOR comic I guess. They had a bit of Hidden Beks stuff in a few issues as I recall. There are probably some outfits that could be used as inspiration, although you are probably pretty limited without custom models.

It's always tricky working on her lekku, since part of the texture is on her body tga, not just the head tga. I wish Bioware hadn't done that, since it made it too hard for me to make other characters with that head mdl, while incorporating DS transitions <_<

You could always try condensing the UVs 50% to fit them both within 0 to 1 space, then sticking both textures side-by-side as a single 1024x512 texture. That would allow you to do DS transitions.

You could check out the KOTOR comic I guess. They had a bit of Hidden Beks stuff in a few issues as I recall. There are probably some outfits that could be used as inspiration, although you are probably pretty limited without custom models.

You could always try condensing the UVs 50% to fit them both within 0 to 1 space, then sticking both textures side-by-side as a single 1024x512 texture. That would allow you to do DS transitions.

Good idea, I have a few of the comics lying about. I'll check it out. 

There are several good logos in the texture lsl_logos.tpc

Thanks for that tip SS! I wasn't aware of those.

Allthough, with the mirroring of the UVmap, it might look mighty silly. But I'll see what it gives.

Luckily, I got home early from work and spended more time on another Twi'lek skin, this time the orange version.

IIRC, each twi'lek also has a low poly counterpart, where body and head are 1 model and also 1 texture... Might have to look into that on how best to replace that as well.

Hopefully, the UVmaps are a bit the same. :o

So here's progress on the orange version, glad I spend more time now on the Alpha channel as well. It really pays off in the game.

Quick render shots in Max:

Oran_Prev01.jpg

Oran_Prev02.jpg

Oran_Prev03.jpg

In game test run:

Prev_Body02.jpg

• Like 1

Good idea, I have a few of the comics lying about. I'll check it out. 

Thanks for that tip SS! I wasn't aware of those.

Allthough, with the mirroring of the UVmap, it might look mighty silly. But I'll see what it gives.

Could you put it on her arm band? Isn't that stand alone (non-mirrored)?

They all look good. I don't understand the texture image and how it maps to the model. I look at it and have a hard time wrapping my brain around it. I can understand what part of the texture goes where, but how it goes on... I mostly don't know because I don't really care enough to know.

One thing though about the Orange Twi'lek. The texture in the small region in the front between the dark blue and green striped outfit and the breasts looks off from the rest of the skin. It goes from a smooth looking texture to a sudden rough and rigid look.

They all look good. I don't understand the texture image and how it maps to the model. I look at it and have a hard time wrapping my brain around it. I can understand what part of the texture goes where, but how it goes on... I mostly don't know because I don't really care enough to know.

One thing though about the Orange Twi'lek. The texture in the small region in the front between the dark blue and green striped outfit and the breasts looks off from the rest of the skin. It goes from a smooth looking texture to a sudden rough and rigid look.

The mapping, uses what they call a UVmap. It's something you have to create once you"re done modelling your... eh, model.

Put simple you have to unfold your model, so that it is easier to "paint". Ever made a cube out of paper? Just that but, well, backwards :P

Ofcourse the twi'lek model has a lot more sides and lovely curves then a cube :laughing:

I gues you must be talking about the gold plate? Or would that be the body lace/ mesh she"s wearing.

I've altered the gold details a bit, the lace I have gone back and forth on it. Make it more dark? Enlarge detail of it?

Couldn't decide really.

Here's how things look on the orange twi'lek so far.

Oran_Prev05.jpg

Oran_Prev06.jpg

In the game. Look twins!

Prev_Body03.jpg

Oh, and an early start on this lad:

Big thanks to sir Clint Eastwood, for being a donor :P

Candi_pop.jpg

• Like 1

Canderous seems very nice. However, I wonder how could he look with some kind of stubble (I mean a little bit of facial hair, I'm not Polish and that's how my dictionary called a three-day beard) and more realistic eyes. 

Canderous seems very nice. However, I wonder how could he look with some kind of stubble (I mean a little bit of facial hair, I'm not Polish and that's how my dictionary called a three-day beard) and more realistic eyes. 

Loving the wrinkles on ol' Candy's face.

Glad you like his grizzled look so far; I've added in a stubble :D

It's subtle, but it's there!

Today I had an attempt at painting his hair. It turned out better then I expected.

I just need redo the line where the hair meets the forehead. That looks really bad now.

It doesn't line up at all :o

Then I need to tweak the scars and match up the skin on the back of his neck.

Candi_pop2.jpg

Candi_pop3.jpg

Candi_pop4.jpg

Candi_pop5.jpg

• Like 2

Today, I got a little more done, mainly the scars.

The hair line needs serious tweaking; it's a real pain to get it right :o

Candi_pop6.jpg

Candi_pop7.jpg

Candi_pop8.jpg

• Like 1

Looks great! I love his facial expression.

One thing I'd personally change though is to add some grey to his hair to give it a little more texture.

I imagine adding the grey would be more beneficial for the K2 version of Canderous' head, Kexikus.

I've been playing around with the grey hair. Couldn't decide if I wanted him just a bit older looking or not.

He needs some eyebrows bad!

Looking real good so far though!

Hahaha, no fear, I've fixed that ;)

I redid the hair just yet again. As it just didn't feel right to me. The version I now have... It could be improved, but I must admit I sort of suck in this hair thing. I can't get the look a 100% right to my liking.

But after spending hours in Photoshop and quick previews in Max, I just dropped my files in the game and had a look.

And... well, it looked good :laughing:

Spending too much time up close with the texture I forget that in the game it always looks a little different and that you're never really super up close to the other characters.

I'll now start to do the last details, his ears and after that on to Candies clothes and underwear skin. Whenever this gets released, I might just pack up the other "hair' version of his head and let the people decide which one they want to use.

Some shots from in the game:

Ingame_Prev01.jpg

Ingame_Prev02.jpg

A peek at the skin:

Cand_Head03.jpg

• Like 2