Hassat Hunter

Update on 1.8

That is extremely impressive. And so many mods are incorporated too.. I think I will have to reinstall KOTOR 2 clean to be sure there won't be any conflicts.

We basically only have my stuff to add in. Which would be nice if I could just do it, but it's not that easy.

VP, could you please elaborate the "my stuff" part?

If I understood correctly you were working on the HK-factory, right? It's a matter of completing that or is it other missing material?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Just to remind everyone, the

(as opposed to the BIK movie of the same scene) will NOT be in TSLRCM 1.8 due to not being able to acquire two sound effects. Sorry about that.

great work guys :) you made me miss half an hour of rivision to look at this, i thank you for this ;)

Guest Revan39

Thank you so much for the updates. Keep up the good work!

I can't wait for the release... :mad:

Just to remind everyone, the

(as opposed to the BIK movie of the same scene) will NOT be in TSLRCM 1.8 due to not being able to acquire two sound effects. Sorry about that.

Looks awesome in-game though. Despite all the combat, you just don't see that kind of abuse in the game. I have access to a vast database of sound effects, a.. hobby thing. If you want I can try and find something similar?

I agree.

As for the sound effects, I recently asked Zbyl and he should look at what was still needed...

I agree.

As for the sound effects, I recently asked Zbyl and he should look at what was still needed...

Well let me know if I can assist and what you would need. I have no guarantees I can be of any help, but there really is a *lot* I can search through. All public domain material too.

Q. I get a black screen when arriving on Malachor. I use USM

A. TSLRCM 1.8 is not USM compatible.

Should the name of the "USM Compatibility Patch for TSLRCM 1.6+" download be updated to reflect this? Or does 1.8 work correctly with USM when this patch is used?

Name: USM_TSLRCM vers1.6 and up compatibility patch

Well let me know if I can assist and what you would need. I have no guarantees I can be of any help, but there really is a *lot* I can search through. All public domain material too.

As for what we need, to quote e-mail I just sent:

Regarding Kreia's Fall sound effects;

First, if you want to compare two, here's in-game version:

and here's original:

Missing sound effects are when Nihilus force pushes Kreia, when Kreia tries to summon her saber and when Sion is beating her. I recall planning to use force push/force wave sound effect for Nihilus part, though it doesn't sound exactly like one in original BIK.

I received no email. Not sure what the settings are for my account here, since I used twitter to sign up on the forums.

As for what we need, to quote e-mail I just sent:

I don't have the original force-push sound, but consider making a copy of it that plays at a slightly lower speed. I think that could be a good replacement. As for the other two sounds, I'm looking through the database now. I will need a few days to go through most of it, but I think this should be doable. It's a lot easier than finding a matching scream or cry for a specific person.

Edit: I noticed a change in music too, in the original, that meshes with events taking place. It really exclamates the final part of the beating, where Kreia gets thrown on the floor. Even if I had that access to that other music track, I'm not sure if I could make it sound that good.

I got lucky and already found an excellent replacement for the sabre-rattling noise. Needs only minor editing. I've found several other candidates for that and the beating sounds, but they all need a measure of editing. For now I'm just creating copies that I can review later.

Just wanted to let you know where I am on this. I have hours of work ahead of me (well, likely at least a few days). I will continue tomorrow after work. I am glad I can finally help in some way. :)

Is there restored lines on Dantooine when talking to the masters?

Nothing new since 1.4

Should the name of the "USM Compatibility Patch for TSLRCM 1.6+" download be updated to reflect this? Or does 1.8 work correctly with USM when this patch is used?

Nope. That patch contains (by now) very outdated .dlg files and scripts, and should not be used for 1.8

I received no email. Not sure what the settings are for my account here, since I used twitter to sign up on the forums.

E-mail to us, not you :).

So don't worry about your account settings.

I don't have the original force-push sound

Don't worry, we got that (and so do you if you own KOTOR2). It's "v_imp_frcpush.wav" in sounds.bif if you're interested.

As for the other two sounds, I'm looking through the database now. I will need a few days to go through most of it, but I think this should be doable. It's a lot easier than finding a matching scream or cry for a specific person.

Thanks.

Edit: I noticed a change in music too, in the original, that meshes with events taking place. It really exclamates the final part of the beating, where Kreia gets thrown on the floor. Even if I had that access to that other music track, I'm not sure if I could make it sound that good.

Don't worry about that either. Not sure when the youtube vid was made, but we already got the soundtrack for it which matches the movie (just like with Nihilus/Visas)

Don't worry about that either. Not sure when the youtube vid was made, but we already got the soundtrack for it which matches the movie (just like with Nihilus/Visas)

I would like to hear that, if possible. It would be a big help.

Progress on sound development for Kreia's in-game replacement scene on Malachor.

Previous edits:

Friday, 2nd March 16:12:20

Sunday, 4th March 12:08

Sunday, 4th March 22:43-23:32

Monday, 5th March 00:15

Monday, 5th March 09:09

Monday, 5th March 14:08

Monday, 5th March 19:16

Monday, 5th March 23:42

Tuesday, 6th of March 14:57

Wednesday, 7th of March 14:57

Thursday, 8th of March 17:27

Thursday, 8th of March 17:48

Friday, 9th of March 21:56

Saturday, 10th of March 12:53 bead-

Most recent update:

March 4th:

- bead-v came up with a much better way to do the entire sequence, so I decided to help out with that instead. I will remain available to the TSLRCM team if anything else comes up.

• Like 1

What I haven't written down here are Kreia's cries and screams while she is beaten up. I noticed some of them are present in the in-game version and some of them aren't, so I'm guessing you have more that you didn't include (you didn't ask for those sounds either). In particular the chocking sound when Sion lifts her seems missing. If you don't have that one, I can try to find / edit one that it similar but it will probably take more time than any of the other sounds. It is very likely I would never get that right.

Perhaps we can some of those actors attempt to replicate those gurgles and screams. The team member that's having the offline conversation with dore should approach him about that.

ThatDearGuy, even if you can't get the best version of that sound, please still try and work on those gurgleing/scream/moan sounds as they may be helpful to whomever recreates the voicework. (Worse comes to worse, the actress could always listen to the video.)

Moderators: Please do not delete the post above mine.

113730 :

QUESTION ONE:

Which of the following Sith Lords does not posses a tomb on Korriban?

ENTER RESPONSE:

Seems to be in (although possess is typo'd).

It's not listed under Korriban since it's one of the many .tlk alterations...

Well, I never understood why it couldn't be done this way, so now I actually took the time to make it... I'd say it's good enough as far as sound effects go.. Is there anything I'm not seeing?

• Like 1

Well, I never understood why it couldn't be done this way, so now I actually took the time to make it... I'd say it's good enough as far as sound effects go.. Is there anything I'm not seeing?

I don't understand, what am I looking at here? Is this the first idea I suggested - that I never got an answer to? I suggested to use the entire audio track of the video (extracted with Bink tools), then make the in-game sequence match it. If this is something else, please let me know.

I'm halting my progress as of now.

Pretty much, except that kreia's lines are playing normally, so the music only includes the sounds effects from the original.

This means that Kreia's alternative line can be played as well, but it doesn't sound as good as the present one.. Might also be the fact that I have heard this cutscene probably a million times and have gotten used to it. =P

Edited by bead-v
  • Like 1