YorkRoss2016

"This door is being held closed by some force, and will not open at this time"

Stuck on the quest where you have to try and deal with the Crazy assassin droid that hates sound in the Tomb of Marko Ragnos on Korriban. No matter what i try, when i get to the door that you have to open, it just wont open (citing the message in the topic title).

I've dealt with all the droids, equipped the sound dampener belt, removed both companions and made sure i dont have any other types of stealth belts in my inventory. I dont have any files which modify that module (or at least as far as i know) so i just dont know whats going on.

I've reloaded my save outside the tomb maybe 6-7 times now and its getting quite frustrating. Im wondering if there are any globals (numerical or boolean) that i can change in KSE to force the door to open or to force a certain outcome of the quest if that failed.

Edited by YorkRoss2016

I don't remember find this problem in any of my playthroughs but I've found a walkthrough telling that if there is any droid remaining in the tomb the door stays sealed:

"Once you've reached the top of the ramps, if you try to open the door but there are still droids in the corridor behind you:

[This door is being held closed by some force, and will not open at this time.]"

https://strategywiki.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic/Tomb_of_Marka_Ragnos

-----------------------------------------------------------------

If the tomb is clear go out and get in again, maybe appears a "missed" droid or this time you can open the door.

I'm not sure if can be related at all but, have you been told about the crazy droid, talking with people in the academy and/or the Valley of Lords before get inside the tomb?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

About the KSE I've been looking for a possible list of the variables and what is related with, but I've just found a list of TSLRCM for KotOR2. I don't know the names of the variables related (but they can be obvious) and I'm not a "wise man" working with these variables... I just can say that KEEP YOUR SAVE BEFORE THE TOMB LIKE GOLD, save again using another slot, e.g. in front the sealed door ...and keep it aswell (for avoid the fight if you need reload an unmodified Save and for to use a file with KSE AFTER the fight). Save again (you can use the Quick Save) and use this one with the KSE. Experience yourself with the variable (just ONE, and take note what you change) you think is related, increasing the valour by 1 (e.g., if the valour is set to "0" change it to "1", if it's set to "1" change it to "2"). Save the file, close KSE, bla, bla, and reload this Save in the game. If it works... BRAVO!!! if not, as we don't know what the hell we have changed, reload your UNMODIFIED Save before the door, Quick Save again and try with another variable.

Said I before that I'm not a wise man with the variables? that means that there is no guarantees that, somehow, the changes we make, even if works now, do not ruins your Playthrough forward in the game...

Sorry for don't be more helpfull

(and now, I think and maybe I deserve it, I'll be the target of the real wise men with the variables of KotOR...) :dizzy::lol:

It could be that it keeps spawning a droid IN the door frame since sometimes i get stuck in combat after the (seemingly) last droid and have to manually disengage. That and i spawned a Shadow from Brotherhood of Shadow by accident and they got stuck in the door too (and not being able to be seen from my position) which is where i got that idea from.

Either that or the script which checks for all the droids/mines being destroyed isnt activating/completing properly but i dont see any files that would relate to that in my override so its probably not that.

I have talked to the Sith outside the tomb whom mentions the droid each time (i saved before talking to her)

I do have K1R installed but i dont think its the culprit since nobody else has mentioned the problem in the K1R part of the forum despite my best efforts at searching with different terms, which is why i made my post here instead of in the K1R part of the forum.

Edited by YorkRoss2016

My last Playthrough with KotOR1 was with Restoration and Brotherhood of Shadow Solomon's Revenge too and I hadn't this kind of problems. I don't think they're related. Anyway, if you're afraid about Shadow in your party you can change the party outside at the Valley before enter the tomb for the first time.

In any case. You shouldn't be atacked by the droids located after the door. It's a new script that starts when the doors open: are you "noisy"? you're atacked. are you silent? you can negotiate with the crazy droid. That means that the droid stucked in the door belong to the group of the corridor, not to the sarcophagus room and I'm (almost) sure that is the reason of your troubles. Is there no way to kill it? perhaps with some grenades? in Solo Mode?

Or, if the droid is stucked in the door it can be a graphic glitch. Maybe changing the video configuration you can fix it.

If there is still a droid alive I don't think changing values with KSE helps you because when you load a Save, the game "detects" the droid and sets the corresponding value.

Im not sure whats going on myself since there doesnt seem to be any other enemy targets while im stuck in combat after the 'last' droid/mine gets destroyed. I have made sure to pick up the sound dampener as soon as i first come across the corpse and even go into stealth mode before clicking on the door. Ive even tried planting mines next to the door to see if it'll do anything if it is indeed a droid stuck in there but no joy.

I mean i guess its fine since i had enough prestige to move on anyways but i really wanted to complete all the tombs on this playthrough. I'll probably redo my install by the next time i do a playthrough of KOTOR 1 anyways.

I know that feeling and is sad to see nothing works.

I've found this in the net:

"Go Through Doors
Have three people and walk up to a closed door. Rapidly press the black button to switch through your characters. If done right your character should go through the door.(Note: Works well with security doors.)"

https://www.gamespot.com/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-ii-the-sit/cheats/

-------------------------------------------------------

I've read about some MOD's that can be useful:

About "DarthDac's Warp band mod" (but all the links I've found for download are dead)

and "K1 Utility Armbands"

https://www.lonebullet.com/tools/download-k1-utility-armbands-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-free-1090.htm

Never used them and I don't know how they work (or if they work) but I hope it helps.

My Toolbox also has a Sonic Screwdriver.

1 hour ago, Obi Wan Pere said:

I've found this in the net: 

"Go Through Doors
Have three people and walk up to a closed door. Rapidly press the black button to switch through your characters. If done right your character should go through the door.(Note: Works well with security doors.)"

This would only work in KOTOR 2. The party members don't teleport out of your way in KOTOR 1.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JCarter426 said:

This would only work in KOTOR 2. The party members don't teleport out of your way in KOTOR 1.

Opsss... My mistake. Searching for locked doors the page placed me directly at this part and I didn't see it is for KotOR 2. Thanks JCarter426

Thanks for the replies guys, i'll try them out.

From my own experience, the DarthDac's Warpband is incompatible with Brotherhood of Shadow. For some reason, instead of doing the warp console function, when you activate the warpband with Brotherhood of Shadow installed, it just summons one of those Shadows that are like "OH DO YOU WANT ME TO GIVE YOU POWER, REVAN?!" or whatever.

However, i havent tested the others yet.

This may be a silly suggestion but have you considered using an earlier save - one from before you ever entered the tomb?

Yeah, i used a save outside the tomb before talking with the Sith Woman outside said tomb to get the info about the quest.

8 hours ago, YorkRoss2016 said:

From my own experience, the DarthDac's Warpband is incompatible with Brotherhood of Shadow. For some reason, instead of doing the warp console function, when you activate the warpband with Brotherhood of Shadow installed, it just summons one of those Shadows that are like "OH DO YOU WANT ME TO GIVE YOU POWER, REVAN?!" or whatever.

Sounds like a TSLPatcher issue - either not using it at all for spells.2da, or the UTI not being patched to reference the new spell. Both mine and InSidious' do use it, however, so that shouldn't be an issue.