ebmar

SKIN:[K1] Lightsaber Icons 2K19

2 posts in this topic

[K1] Lightsaber Icons 2K19

LI2K19_Font.png.903dd66baa983b28ec31258b0579cc0e.png

This mod replaces all lightsaber vanilla icons [Heart of the Guardian and Mantle of the Force included as optional] with the new version.

# Background #

When I switch around the lightsabers I had noticed that the blue lightsaber icons wasn't blue enough. It was more purple than blue for my eyes, so I decided to make it blue, similar to the blade's color. The blue color of the icons were inspired by JCarter426's "JC's Lightsaber Visual Effects". In the end not only the color that was changed, but the style of the glowy part too. Their resolution also doubled from 64x64 to 128x128 with extra crispness. The rest of the icons get the same treatment for consistency.

# About this Mod #

Inside this mod are 18 new lightsaber icons in TPC format - which consists of:

• 5 lightsaber icons
  • 1 Darth Malak's lightsaber icon [this one had different style than the rest]
  • 5 short-lightsaber icons
  • 5 double-lightsaber icons
  • Heart of the Guardian's and Mantle of the Force's [in vanilla colour scheme] icon

# Final Remarks #

Now that HotG and MotF has been included the next update should be changing all lightsaber's texture to something that is more hi-poly - we'll see. 🤞

There's always room for improvements - critiques, comments, suggestions, questions and feedbacks for the next update are much appreciated - PM, write them on my feed or leave any on the mod's page as you please. And thank you! for downloading, and playing this mod.

Hope you enjoy the mod as much as I do!

Installation: make sure to removes any instances of TGA/DDS format of relevant files from the 'Override' folder. All clear, proceed by copy-pasting all files [not the folder] to the 'Override', and overwrite when prompted. HotG and MotF icons are separated in different folder. Similar instruction applies.

Uninstallation: remove the said files from the 'Override'.

Compatibility: will not compatible with any mods that [potentially] replaces the lightsaber icons.

Redistribution: you can redistribute this mod or re-release it to any website; just don't claim it as your own. Though less likely I will provide support/updates on any other site than DeadlyStream. You don't have to ask for permission, but I do appreciate all the generous intention. Also, if you are planning to re-use the assets to a mod/project you will be releasing, make sure to give credits to BioWare & LucasArts. At last, credit to me is always a warm welcome, welcome. :cheers:

Credits:

• LucasArts and BioWare for developing one of the best RPGs I've ever played!
  • DarthParametric for past-present knowledge which allows me to create customs and for all the outstanding creation that I am a fan of
  • JCarter426 for the inspiring "JC's Lightsaber Visual Effects" and all his awesome work that I look up to
  • Fred Tetra for the amazing KotOR Tool
  • ndix UR for tga2tpc
  • All the Tool Makers wasn't mentioned - can't make it without y'all! :respect:
  • All the inspiring streamers on DeadlyStream
  • All the inspiring modders either active or inactive
  • DeadlyStream for being a home; a place to hangout - to discuss and hosting my work
  • DeadlyStream staffs for tirelessly improving and maintaining the site
  • Snigaroo for hosting #mod_development on Discord > r/kotor - thanks! The place is so much fun! :jarjar:

-eb

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/10/2018
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible
    Yes

• Like 1

[Updated to v1.0.1: June 04, 2019]

What's new?

• All texture now in native-TPC format. They should appear better in-game GUI - take a look and see for yourself :cheers:
  • Adds Heart of the Guardian and Mantle of the Force [vanilla color scheme] to the list as optional installation