Xuul

Better late than never

Hello everyone, i'm Xuul. Welcome to Deadlystream.

Today marks the release of the latest entry in the “M4-78: A history” documentary series. This time we take a dive into the work that lead to Stoney's version of the Droid World and examine, how this in turn eventually lead into the Enhancement Project we have today. You can catch this latest episode by following the link HERE.

It is, by far, my favorite entry to date and featuring: failed plans, much drama, and of course, history. If you are not familiar with the project go ahead and check it out via this playlist HERE.

You will probably want to clear off some time to view this one, as it comes in at a whopping 31 minutes, but don't worry, all of it is great. Just like last time I want to remind everyone that basically all the work for this documentary is done by Sith Holocron, while I have edited and hosted the videos, he is the mastermind who has done all the research, interviews and million other little things that I can't think of.

If you like the series or just want to contribute to the next entry, you can go to this thread HERE to ask questions for the next episode of the documentary. This next episode will be a ways off yet, as there are many things still in the works for M4-78EP, so things might ending up being a bit different.

In other News (we can't have the entire post be about a project i'm involved with) we did have a winner for Community Member of the Year. This probably should be it's own post, and I feel bad for including it here, but I sort of ended up with the job of running the whole thing last minute and ended up not doing the best job of things. Despite my lackluster job DarthParametric fully deserves the title of Community Member of the Year, for being such a valued member of the community. His continued presence on the forums, providing advice and doling out important information on numerous forums about modeling and other modding aspects. DP is also notable for his generosity in the requests threads, providing a way for the many modding noobs (I include myself in with them) to have some of their (Admittedly sometimes strange) desires into reality. You are a great member of the team here DP, I can't wait to see what you can do through this next year.

As per the norm, I am also going to highlight some mods that I thin are worth checking out.

Today I will suggest you take a look at the replacement loading screens mod by Sith Holocron. These mods replace the low-resolution loading screens with in-game footage that looks so much better. This mod ensures that the "feel" of the loading screen is respected, while updating the look. It feels almost like an official update more than a mod, and even though my load times are very short, I still plan to use this mod myself. You can find the mod divided into parts here: 1, 2, 3,

Another project that I think is worth mentioning has already been involved in some small amount of drama. The project is the Unofficial Patch for KOTOR 1  complied and maintained by the user A Future Pilot, this mod is a collection of several bug fix mods, as well as a few original fixes for the game. I have spoken publicly before about how tedious it is to install the large multitude of bug fixes needed to install (I mean seriously, look at the number of mods found here that are just a tiny bug fix), so I think that this will be a great resource for everyone in the community, and perhaps eventually help bolster the community as it is recommended by outside sources. This project is an example of how things should be done, with clear permissions and great utility. There are still bugs left to quash, so if you want to help out on this project contact A Future Pilot to see if anything can be done.

And finally, in no particular order, Mods that I think look cool:

There is a great Darth Sion skin HERE

A 4K exterior Ebon Hawk HERE

A weapon Re-balance mod HERE

That's about it for now, if you have any suggestions for future topics, be it interviews, mod highlights or anything else, please let me know.

Thank you for reading. Have an excellent day.

-X
  • Like 8

Congratulations, DarthParametric!

Xuul contributed a review for the video and he handles almost all of the visuals so he's being modest. And the audio and music balancing, I almost forgot to mention that!

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the shout-out Xuul! Also I'd like to again thank all the mod authors who gave me permission to include their mods in my patch! And as Xuul said, I'd really like this to become a community project, and not just my own, so if anyone has anything they think should be included, or want to tackle fixing one of the listed bugs (or know of a bug that isn't listed), just let me know! :)

• Like 2

Thank you very much for all the work you've put into this video series, Xuul and Sith Holocron!

Thank you very much for the heads-ups!

• Like 2

Congratulations DP for winning the Community Member of the Year!

It is welcoming to see modders acknowledged for their excellence and community engagement, DarthParametric certainly deserves this award!

• Like 6