KOTOR2 (TSL) Animated Galaxy Map Texture in Canon Positions 1.1
=====================================================================

AUTHOR: Sith Holocron

FIRST RELEASE: 19 FEB 2017

UPDATED RELEASE: 02 JUN 2020

GAMES: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II

Description:
-------------------
The Galaxy Map texture of the Ebon Hawk was originally sized at 128x128. It is now sized to 512x512. In addition to the resolution bump, the actual texture is now animated.

So . . . what’s different? The planets are now in the positions as laid out in Bead-V’s TSL Galaxy Map Fix

This is not recommended for use in KOTOR1. A version for KOTOR1 using the “canon” positions for the planets will be released in the next few weeks.

There are FOUR different versions of the Galaxy Map texture that you can use!

Version 1: The original planets as laid out in the original un-modded game.
Version 2: In addition to the original planets, I've added M4-78 to the map.
Version 3: In addition to the original planets, I've added M4-78 and Coruscant to the map.
Version 4: This is the "April Fool's Version" of the Galaxy Map as described in this post. It includes all of the original planets, M4-78, Coruscant, and Cathalan.

Here's a video that shows the textures in the game.

Thanks to @Mellowtron11 for providing the game save so I could get this video done relatively quickly!

Installation:
-------------------
Choose the version that best suits your uses. Grab the files from that file folder and drop them into the following folder:
SWKotOR2/Override

Uninstall:
---------------

Take them out again.

Known Bugs:
---------------------

None known at this time.

Legal Disclaimer:
----------------------------

All materials and copyrights belong to LucasArts, Bioware and Obsidian Entertainment Inc.,
I own none of the materials, and I'm not making any money out of this mod. It is to be distributed as-is without alteration, unless by permission of the mod author. This mod is not to be distributed for profit, either. Use it how you like, but if you're going to post it up somewhere, or make a derivative mod, or use it in another mod, please put a line in the read-me, mentioning me.

I hereby state that I specifically do NOT wish this mod to be uploaded to Stream Workshop.

Credits:
-------------
Kexikus: Help with putting together this mod.
LSaberDuelist and OldFlash (of LucasForums) for their instructive discussion and tutorial at LucasForums.

• Like 1

There's a typo in the description stating that this mod is for K1 but will work with K2 while it's the other way around.

But this mod, like the original version, will definetly be a permanent addition to my override folder.

Would you be willing to do this for k1 as well? 

Read the description.

Legends Canon or Official Canon layout?

Probably Legends Canon since the now Official Canon wasn't around in 2011.

Probably Legends Canon since the now Official Canon wasn't around in 2011.

Thanks, I didn't know what to answer. :P

EDIT: Looking at this, it seems most of the relevant planets' locations remain the same in the official canon. Telos and Peragus seem to be missing from the official canon. M4-78's exact location was unknown even in the Legends canon.

Edited by bead-v

It wouldn't make sense to use the new canon anyway since KotOR / TSL is no part of that.

But they did keep the legends map from the Essential Atlas for pretty much every planet that stayed canon.

What happens if I use the one with Coruscant but I don't have that mod installed?

Nothing, you will see coruscant on the panel, but when you click it - no coruscant.