Sith Holocron

Bugs / Errors Reporting with M4-78EP

Here's the place to report bugs, errors with other mods, etc when using M4-78 EP.
(If you wish to leave a comment about the M4-78 EP that doesn't concern bugs or errors, leave those on the Impressions thread here.)
While there are currently no plans to update M4-78EP any further, if any game breaking bugs are found they obviously will be fixed (and maybe other tiny ones with them), if at all possible. So please don't assume it's automatically a useless thing to report stuff here.

NOTE: Only report issues here if you use the latest version of M4-78!  If you don't have version 1.5, please update to the latest version of the M4-78 Enhancement Project as that very well might resolve your issue. (Read the current version's read me to see if that may be the case.)

When reporting bugs . . . use the following format and include both the questions and the answers to them.

1) During the game, when did the problem begin to occur? (List a general description of the issue.)

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod? (We are only covering issues concerning version 1.3 - the latest edition.)

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, or the KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (Update is required for 4-CD version only. If using a Steam, KOTOR Collection, or GOG version, put down "N/A")

5) Did you use the TSLPatcher, if provided?

6) Were there any errors in the TSLPatcher installation?

7) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

8 ) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen? (List a detailed description of the issue.)

9) Have you tried re-downloading the mod?

10) Have you tried using a different save game?

11) Have you tried starting a new game?

12) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.) If you're a Mac user, please note that here as well.

Update: Here are a few extra questions to include as well. All posts (after the one following this one) should include all 16 questions and your answers to them.

13) Can you confirm that you see the TSLRCM logo on the the main menu screen?

14) What language is your game set for?

15) Which language of TSLRCM are you using?

16) Are you playing this on a laptop or a desktop computer?

1) During the game, when did the problem begin to occur? (List a general description of the issue.)

Issue seems to be related to Sithspecter's TSL High Quality Blasters mod.  I'm on my first playthrough with that mod and no issues until I reached M4-78.  Issue is all the repeating blaster rifles carried by the  battle droids on M4-78 are without skins, just solid black or white models.  If I craft a repeating blaster rifle at the workbench and equip it, it has the high quality skin.  It is just the battle droid weapons.  I have previously played through M4-78 1.3 and didn't notice this issue.

I only installed the blasters mod in the TSLRCM workshop folder, it won't install in the M4-78 folder (installer says dialog.tlk not found).  I have not tried installing the blasters mod in the game folder, I'm reluctant to do that in case it breaks something, I don't want to have to wipe and reinstall everything just for this.

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod? (We are only covering issues concerning version 1.3 - the latest edition.)

Yes.

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, or the KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

Steam.

4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (Update is required for 4-CD version only. If using a Steam, KOTOR Collection, or GOG version, put down "N/A")

N/A.

N/A.

N/A.

7) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

Steam workshop - TSLRCM, M4-78 and workbench crystal attunement B.

Others - Deadman's cyber swords and quarterstaff mods, Vao armband drop, Sith troopers to assassins.

I have used all these for a while without any issues (including a playthrough with M4-78 1.3).

The two new mods I am using are:-

High quality blasters - http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/915-high-quality-blasters/

Armoured robes -   http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/246-armored-robes-for-jal-shey-armors/ 

8) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen? (List a detailed description of the issue.)

On encountering battle droids on M4-78.

N/A.

Went back to save in Ebon Hawk immediately after landing on M4-78.  Issue still there.

Not for something this minor.  I will look out to see if this occurs with the M4-78 droids on Citadel station during the Sith attack.

12) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.) If you're a Mac user, please note that here as well.

Win 10 64 bit

That is likely because the weapons are part of the droid models but use the same textures as the real weapons. It's been known to be the case before and likely is here as well.

• Like 1

That is likely because the weapons are part of the droid models but use the same textures as the real weapons. It's been known to be the case before and likely is here as well.

Are the weapons used with the droid models all the default repeating blaster rifle?  I'm thinking that if so then copying the blaster mod files for that weapon into the M4-78 override may fix the issue.

Even if they were, that wouldn't be a solution. The way the texture displays on the weapon is a part of the model itself. And the weapons in this case may be part of the droid models and not spawned in by the game when the weapon is equipped.

So the only way to fix that would be to edit the droid models themselves, which has its own issues. So this may be an issue you'll have to live with.

• Like 1

According to the changelog for the K1 version of this mod, Sithspecter fixed a similar issue there with version 1.1. So it would most likely be possible for him to do the same here, but that's of course completely up to him to decide.

According to the changelog for the K1 version of this mod, Sithspecter fixed a similar issue there with version 1.1. So it would most likely be possible for him to do the same here, but that's of course completely up to him to decide.

I have pointed this exchange out to SS in a PM. Hopefully, we'll hear something soon.

I have looked at my PM and email history and cannot prove that I actually sent a message to SS as I stated. Though it's extremely late, I have now rectified that error.

-I'm stuck on the quest, Rebuild I1-01!

-yes

-Steam

-yes

-N/A I used Steam workshop

-N/A

TSLRCM - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=485537937

Kotor Save Editor - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=487038719&searchtext=kse (I noticed the quests don't appear in the KSE when I open the save file so I can't fix them there)

8) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen? (List a detailed description of the issue.)

I am trying to get I1-01 rebuilt and can't find who to talk to in order to do it. The quest log says "You killed the droid in the Design department. Without him, you'll need to find another way to finish rebuilding I1-01. You can also ask the Industrial Zone's maintenance unit for help at any point."

I'm now stuck and can't figure out what to do in this step. If I ask the maintenance unit what to do, he just says to talk to IS-99. I killed both IS-84 and IS-99 and now have IS-84's head in my inventory that I don't know what to do with. I can't do anything on the computer at the R&D area. My situation is nearly identical to the one in this thread that didn't address the issue:

http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/3250-is-99-glitch-cant-find-fix-blocking-progress/

However, in this thread they mention going to the shack for droid diagnostics and that his counterpart will be I1-02. The droid I found is still IS-02, but there's something strange about his voice. I don't know if that's related.

-no, I'd rather ask first than risk messing something up.

-no my last save for this area was 3 hours ago, I'll attempt to upload my current one.000000 - QUICKSAVE.zip

-no

-Windows 10

Update: Here are a few extra questions to include as well. All posts (after the one following this one) should include all 16 questions and your answers to them.

-yes

-English

-English

-desktop

1. During the game, when did the problem begin to occur? (List a general description of the issue.)

This problem was evrytime I played the game.

2. Did you install the latest version of the mod? (We are only covering issues concerning version 1.3 - the latest edition.)

I know exactly that it is in 1.2, 1.3 and 1.5.

3. What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, or the KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

Steam (legacypc).

4. Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (Update is required for 4-CD version only. If using a Steam, KOTOR Collection, or GOG version, put down "N/A")
N/A.

5. Did you use the TSLPatcher, if provided?

N/A.

6.  Were there any errors in the TSLPatcher installation?

No.

7.  What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

Oh, it`s a long story, master. But I don`t think other mods can do it. I played with this mod and TSLRCM and had this bug.

:). Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen? (List a detailed description of the issue.)

I5-65 and the droid with the same model in the Industrial zone have wrong shadows.

9. Have you tried re-downloading the mod?

Yes.

10.  Have you tried using a different save game?

Yes.

11.  Have you tried starting a new game?

Yes.

12.  What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.) If you're a Mac user, please note that here as well.

I played the game on Windows xp and 8.1.

13. Can you confirm that you see the TSLRCM logo on the the main menu screen?

Yes.

14.  What language is your game set for?

English.

15.  Which language of TSLRCM are you using?

The same.

16. Are you playing this on a laptop or a desktop computer?

A desktop the 1st time and a laptop the 2nd.

20181107151903_1.jpg

A number of quest-related and cosmetic issues occurring after entering M4-78. Some of these have been reported in other threads here.
Saved Game (after all problems triggered): http://pa3pyx.dnsalias.org/stuff/m478ep_save1.7z

Yes (version 1.5.1)

Steam (exe version 1.0.2 private build 427)

N/A

Yes (to install HQ graphics mod, merging appearance.2da) -- source below

No

HQ graphics mod (based on Xenon's unofficial 1.0c patch). Uses only graphical components from the unofficial patch -- .mdl, .mdx, .tga, .txi overrides and appearance.2da changes to textures and envmaps, but no other files or changes (to avoid conflicts).
http://pa3pyx.dnsalias.org/stuff/tslrcm_hq_10c_20190104.7z
Extra mod is therefore very unlikely to cause the issues described.

😎 Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen? (List a detailed description of the issue.)
How I got there:

Spoiler

i) After getting my party into the Central Zone, used Bao-Dur to take down the force field and barge into Environmental Zone;
ii) Chased Kaah all the way, destroying his guardian droids, let him go, and talked to ES-05 (asking her to reactivate M4-78);
iii) Proceeded to Industrial Zone, let Kaah open the door to Research section, solved the quests there to get access to IS-24 (opening the door to him);
iv) Solved the quests that would normally be end the lockdown in Industrial Zone (which may have already been ended).

8a) (Gameplay) The quest "Re-activate M4-78" is not completable if Environmental Zone is completed before Industrial Zone, but the player chooses *not* to skip the quests to get past the lockdowns in Industrial Zone.
(Saved game above can be used to examine variable state.) In my particular case Kaah opened the door to R&D section, then I solved both rebuilding I1-01 and CS-45 quests to get audience with IS-24. Moreover, this led to indefinitely repeated I1-02 commissioning scene in Manufacturing (any time the player revisits this area) and indefinitely gaining 1000 experience each time it plays.

8b) (Gameplay, minor) If the Environmental Zone is visited first (as above), ES-05 can be questioned about events that the player doesn't know about yet.
For example, the player can ask whether ES-05 destroyed I1-01, but the player doesn't have any quests related to I1-01 yet. (Though, arguably, player's droid may have already interrogated IS-02 about it.)

8c) (Gameplay, minor) If the Environmental Zone is visited first (as above), while returning from ES-05 to the Central Zone, the player comes across an area locked down, supposedly, on M4-78's orders.
However, M4-78 has not been activated yet.

8d) (Gameplay) The "Fixing Droids" quest is not completable because one of the parts required to repair the droid in Central Zone is missing.
"Main Droid Processing Unit" is nowhere to be found. According to walkthroughs, it was supposed to be in a junk heap in an outdoor storage area just before the entrance into the testing section of Industrial Zone, behind the line of inactive combat droids. However, in version 1.5 (where Industrial Zone was split into multiple areas) there is no longer a set of droids in this area, nor a junk heap behind them. Possibly I just overlooked the item and it's in a different place now, or I missed a quest reward at some point. But more likely this is a regression introduced in 1.5.

8e) (Gameplay) In the scene just before M4-78 room, one of the Sith Assassins remains alive, but friendly (?) after the attack scene.
(Load the attached savegame, then go down to M4-78 room.)

Spoiler

"I already handled Vash, don't want no puny Exile anymore".

8f) (Cosmetic) The L5-65 droid in the Central Zone (and any other droids sharing his model, such as Loading Droid in manufacturing) has "bleeding" in its shadow.
(See attached screenshot.) Screenshots made by other people confirm the problem. Probably the model needs some minor corrections.
image.png.d6a7622504c2ff9f2c6246ed674f86d6.png

8g) (Cosmetic) Before clearing the radiation in the Central Zone, the "pollution haze" fog is not applied consistently to all surfaces.
(See attached screenshot.) In particular, walls and floors don't show any fog at all, whereas most objects do (but not all). Also, skybox texture is missing in the Central Zone (but not in Industrial Zone) although the fog is present in both. If this is a game engine problem and cannot be fixed with content changes, it's probably better not to use the fog effect altogether (colorful exhaust from vents should be enough). After all, radiation is supposed to be invisible.

8h) (Cosmetic) In a number of places, the subtitle text shown does not match the voice-overs spoken.
One example is IS-24 where the player is directed to Environmental Zone (where he may have already been), another is CS-36 (confusing the first and second assistant Archons).

8i) (Cosmetic) Voice-over volume varies widely and is inconsistent with the rest of the game.
It's probably a good idea to use a program such as WaveGain or MP3Gain (in No-undo mode) to normalize the all voice-over volumes to a value consistent with the rest of the game.

No

No

Yes (new game was started after installing all mods, with no other mods installed after)

Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, Intel HD Graphics 440 (driver version 10.18.14.4578)

Yes (version 1.8.5)

English

English

Laptop

• Light Side Points 1

6 minutes ago, Pa3PyX said:

Yes (version 1.5.1)

Oops!  It looks like I had to update that part (the highlighted portion).

Hopefully, the mod makers will get back to you in a reasonable amount of time.  If not, I suggest sending them a PM.

Additional bugs discovered on the 2nd play-through (same set-up, but now done in "proper" order,  i.e. Industrial Zone before Environmental Zone):

8j) (Gameplay, minor) When the player's droid talks to IS-02, they are always teleported back to Central Zone, even if this is not their first conversation (and therefore if they already downloaded the code from Central console).
TBH, probably it's better to avoid teleporting the player back and forth; since it's the first exploration of the area, this only serves to confuse the player (let the player find their own way around the first time). It's only a small portion of the area that will be explored by the main character, anyway.

8k) (Gameplay, blocking) After filing an appropriate report in "Taking In the Trash" quest, the player witnesses two utility droids being destroyed; after the second droid, the image fades out and never fades back in (game is stuck, the only way to proceed is Alt+F4). However, if the player clicks through the animation (i.e. does not wait for explosion & fade-out), they properly regain control.

8l) (Cosmetic) "Damaged Construction Droid" that was "fixed" by a rogue employee is missing at least some of the voice-overs (no voice, no droid sounds).

8m) (Gameplay) "Deadly Upgrade" quest erroneously reappears and becomes not completable if you (1) have found the battle droid using the upgrade; (2) chose to run away and invite logistics droid to the scene; (3) recovered the upgrade part and kept it (completing the quest); (4) proceed past the Industrial Zone into the Testing zone. The quest starts to say that the logistics droid will be interested to know you recovered the part, but the droid only says a one-liner and refuses to talk anymore, rendering the quest stuck.
Probably a regression introduced by 1.5 due to the splitting of Industrial Zone. I have also seen other quests erroneously refresh when moving between these zones. Most likely caused by using local variables instead of global ones (now that the modules are separate).

8n) (Gameplay, blocking) In the Environment Zone, if the player talks to the Archon and then chooses to  use Escort Droid to depart into the Environmental Zone (instead of simply walking out), they are teleported right behind a group of construction droids traversing a locked-down area (where the mine field used to be). The player can follow the droids into the area (doors will unlock before the droids), but if the player fails to also follow the droids out (before the doors close behind them), they become stuck in the mine field area with no way out (the door on either side won't open, not even from the inside).

8o) (Gameplay) Escort droids fail to take the player to the Environmental Archon (ES-05) even after the player makes their way there and talks to her.

8p) (Gameplay) "Data Transfer" quest cannot be completed if the player talks to the rogue employee (and picks up the quest) before Kaah is dead.
If that happens, the player is supposed to either talk to Kaah when he gets the chance, or if Kaah is killed, let the "employee" decipher the data by himself. But Kaah has no dialogue options to discuss the matter (in either Environmental or Central zones), thus no way to advance the quest variable from 3 to 4 required, and therefore the only option the player gets with the "employee" is "We shall talk later". Even if Kaah eventually dies. Probably also a regression introduced in 1.5 as a result of ending alteration?

• Like 2

Did a comparative play-through of version 1.3, and confirmed that the above issues 8a, 8b, 8d, 8e, 8j, 8k, 8l, 8m, 8n, 8o, 8p are all regressions introduced in version 1.5 as a result of refactoring the Industrial Zone into 4 separate modules to improve the frame rate, and introducing a different ending. As for 8g, version 1.3 includes a separate shader patch to correct the problem.
In other words, most of the problems above (some of them quite serious, resulting in incompletable quests) are not present in version 1.3, therefore version 1.3 is the most stable version of the mod available today. It also has a more interesting and believable ending (IMO).

Since version 1.3 was never hosted on this site for political reasons, and it's not possible to download without buying the game on Steam, this leaves GOG and Retail game owners with either buggy 1.2, or buggy 1.5. For these users, I am hosting version 1.3 on my web site for the time being. Note that the shader patch component (opengl32.dll and the shaders_override folder) are intended for Steam version only and need not be installed for other versions.
http://pa3pyx.dnsalias.org/stuff/m478ep13.7z

• Like 2
  • Light Side Points 1

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

Fix your mod dudes. Pretty sad, when the shiny "new release" that you "cared" enough to make, is broken worse than previous versions.

Regarding political reasons: are we adults or not? This crap drives me nuts, and not swearing there was serious challenge.

P.S. I realize the authors at this point probably do not have enough time or inclination to actively develop or test the project. If so, it would be helpful if the mod was checked into source control somewhere (Github being the most obvious choice), so that any fixes or enhancements could be directly contributed by the community as pull requests.

• Like 2

Just a little note, folks.  Though I created this thread quite some time ago, I'm not part of the team.  I'm interested in what happens to the mod (I am posting in here, right?) but I have no real pull with "the team". 

In addition, neither Zbyl2 and Hassat Hunter are either subscribed to this thread or even this section.  You may have a faster response if you PM them or ... you might not.  YMMV.

Great feedback BTW, @Pa3PyX!

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn
11 hours ago, Pa3PyX said:

P.S. I realize the authors at this point probably do not have enough time or inclination to actively develop or test the project. If so, it would be helpful if the mod was checked into source control somewhere (Github being the most obvious choice), so that any fixes or enhancements could be directly contributed by the community as pull requests.

@zbyl2, @Hassat Hunter

Fix your mod. Or revert to last functional build. Or give someone else the keys.

I feel happy and just fine telling these guys what to do with their mod. I was working on it with Stoney literally years before either of them touched it. They didn't have to release an update, but they did. Making it a piece of garbage that doesn't work is not ok; if nothing else they should get over their political idiocy and just upload the most stable recent version (1.8.3?) to DeadlyStream.

I'm sure you're both busy. So am I.

Well, I haven't really used this forum since the re-design. Not liking it much. I haven't even played 1.5 yet. I was planning to merger 1.3 and 1.5 but my Star Wars-Mojo got kinda sapped by this really really dreadful "star wars" movie.

Just want to mention there was no 'political play' for 1.3 not being released. It was done but Zbyl was on vacation so I just posted it on Steam. Then he decided rather to make an installer for 1.3 and then have to re-do one again for 1.5 he would go straight to 1.5. Not really an unreasonable thing. I haven't updated 1.5 on Steam yet since I really don't want to replace the version there with it till I tested it extensively myself and fixed any potential issues. And yeah, the interest for that is kinda non-existant for a while now.

As far as I know 1.3 has no major issues. I got one small fix done if I ever update and a couple minor things to look in when updating/merging but I'm not aware of any glaring big issues that need immediate attention.

I probably should subscribe to this and TSLRCM's bug topics, yeah.

On 2/18/2019 at 12:25 PM, Qui-Gon Glenn said:

@zbyl2, @Hassat Hunter

Fix your mod. Or revert to last functional build. Or give someone else the keys.

I feel happy and just fine telling these guys what to do with their mod. I was working on it with Stoney literally years before either of them touched it. They didn't have to release an update, but they did. Making it a piece of garbage that doesn't work is not ok; if nothing else they should get over their political idiocy and just upload the most stable recent version (1.8.3?) to DeadlyStream.

I'm sure you're both busy. So am I.

I agree for the most part and wish I knew about some of those bugs before releasing, but loled at "political idiocy" when I just didn't have installer for ds.

On 2/18/2019 at 1:02 AM, Pa3PyX said:

There's nothing I could upload that's not already in the installer. Scripts can be decompiled easily, and source code I have doesn't have any meaningfull comments that could potentially help anyone. If someone wants to fix bugs, they've got all the files and tools they need. I won't be able to until June.

When I was in the Main Behavior Core, every time I did the LS option and let Vash go I couldn't fully complete the Sith Assassin fight because one or two of them were left as "Neutral." This happened about 3 straight times. I noticed Vash would kill an inconsistent amount of assassins depending on how fast her HP depleted. One time I managed to get lucky and I was able to kill all the assassins  (as Vash had killed two of them before dying). Then... nothing happened. The battle music kept playing and I hit the terminal to talk to M4-78. Then I went back to the landing pad... and that was it. I feel like there was supposed to be a cutscene or something after killing the assassins.

I have version 1.5 installed.

I am using the legacypc patch for the Steam version of K2.

N/A

I used the install wizard that was provided, yes.

No.

The only mods I have installed are TSLRCM 1.8.5 and M4-78EP 1.5.

8 ) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen? (List a detailed description of the issue.)

Please see the video attached at the bottom of this message.

No.

No.

UPDATE: (12/3/20) Yes.

Windows 10.

Yes.

English.

English.

Desktop.

Also, I would like to point out that I am currently playing through the mod as part of Sith Holocron's M4-78 documentary. Additionally, I am using a post-Korriban, pre-M4-78 save from three years ago (back when I had 1.3 installed). While I feel that might have something to do with it, I was able to progress through the rest of the mod with mostly zero trouble. @zbyl2

So Ive recently been able to playthrough m478ep v1.5 and I have the exact same issues as Pa3Pyx. So many things are just straight up broken. I do have extended enclave installed v2.5.1 could be the culprit but cant be sure. Have any of these issues been addressed lately or is it still a broken mess?