Kainzorus Prime

[TSL] NPC Overhaul Mod 1.22

I had the same missing heads of the (presumably) female assassins once at the entrance to the Dxun temple and a few more times inside the temple itself.

As well as a few in the sith apprentice quarters in the temple on Korriban.

One thing though..

(I also might note that in comparison to the other enemies altered by this mod, the +50 attack of these assassins was grossly overpowered and made the fight nearly impossible; I don't mind a difficult enemy, but one so unbelievably difficult as 5 times the power of the rest makes them more of an obstacle to gameplay and less of a fun challenge)

[sidenote] it was actually pretty cool when I first encountered a super-powerful headless fighter the Dxun temple entrance, since first, it kind of reminded me of a wraith or the headless horseman (of which the strength makes sense for something beyond corporeal form), and second, its unnatural strength made it an effective miniboss. However, after encountering two in the Dxun ritual chamber, it got less fun and more impossible. [/sidenote]  

Didn't change their stats, so there must be another mod at fault there. Will look into the whole headless issue.

Also note that female variants of these Sith Lords with long flowy skirts seem to be glitchy as hell, which is probably why you don't see these in the vanilla game. If it's not no texture on the bodies, it's missing heads. Still, not giving up, for the sake of diversity.

• Like 1

Didn't change their stats, so there must be another mod at fault there. Will look into the whole headless issue.

Also note that female variants of these Sith Lords with long flowy skirts seem to be glitchy as hell, which is probably why you don't see these in the vanilla game. If it's not no texture on the bodies, it's missing heads. Still, not giving up, for the sake of diversity.

Thanks for all your work and effort, really appreciated   :yes  :respect:. Please have a look at the 208TEL.mod-issue as well, since it's far more problematic.

I think I figured the problem with headless dark jedi, seems the previously-unused female variants of the Dxun ritual leader bodytype were incorporated by VP into his Trayus Rank reform mod, and by accident the modified head entries made their way into my mod, explaining headless people. This was now corrected.

Also, as I couldn't find the cause for Serocco leader crash, I opted to switch out his appearance to an Asian PC head. Still looking into the Telos 208 crash.

• Like 1

Hey, I've got a got question: If I use this mod in one playthrough, then start another playthough without the mod installed will there be any problems? I noticed it modifies other things, besides the Appearance.2da file. I can't remember what though, because it's been a long time since I last installed it.

Also, it will remember appearances from your savegame. If this mod adds appearance.2da entries (not sure if it does) those NPC's will become invisible and probably crash your game.

Alright, thank you both. I guess I'll just keep the mod in until I decide to do another fresh install.

Also, it will remember appearances from your savegame. If this mod adds appearance.2da entries (not sure if it does) those NPC's will become invisible and probably crash your game.

It doesn't, only modifies the existing appearances.

Thanks!

I have 1.21 installed on TSLRCM 1.8.3 & M4-78 EP. I installed the refugee quad & Red Eclipse scene modules from 1.22. Would this cause any compatibility issues?

I also skipped installing any Sith Assassin modules due to already having Sith Assassins with Lightsabers & the Sith Stalker Armor patch for their appearances installed.

Thanks!

I have 1.21 installed on TSLRCM 1.8.3 & M4-78 EP. I installed the refugee quad & Red Eclipse scene modules from 1.22. Would this cause any compatibility issues?

I also skipped installing any Sith Assassin modules due to already having Sith Assassins with Lightsabers & the Sith Stalker Armor patch for their appearances installed.

I'd do a clean install of 1.22 ontop of TSLRCM and M4-78, just to be safe.

Thanks!

Just finished my clean install of your mod. Thank you for the effort & answers.

Would it be safe to install the updated version while you are still running a game session that has 1.2.1 installed? Can I just update it by running the executable of NPC Overhaul Mod. 1.2.2?

Hi !
I'm a begginer in modding TSL and althought I always succeded to solve my problems until today, this one I really don't know what to do :

When I install your mod with TSL patcher every "module" work fine except for 220TEL & 222TEL which seam to install but with an error at the end so I'm not sure. Here the journal for 220TEL (the error is the same for 222TEL) :

• Installation started 25/11/2014 11:16:23...
 • Installing unmodified files...
 • Replacing file n_sithcmndo001.utc in the Modules\220TEL.mod archive...
 • Replacing file tsf_sold.utc in the Modules\220TEL.mod archive...
 • Replacing file tsf_sold001.utc in the Modules\220TEL.mod archive...
 • Replacing file tsf_sold002.utc in the Modules\220TEL.mod archive...
 • Error: Unhandled exception: Stream read error (0)

Like I said it seems to be install, the 4 files found in "NPC Overhaul Mod\tslpatchdata\220TEL" have been replaced. Still this error at the end bothers me and i would really to know what is it exactly. I guess it's more linked to TSL patcher than to your mod ?

Thanks for reading me :D