N-DReW25

MOD:N-DReW's K1 Gameplay Improvement BETA

Tamerbill and UnknownJedi's Kotor 1 Feat and Content Mod, Kotor 1 Force Power Pack 2.0 and Force Retribution works well with your mod if you install them after you install DIalogue from your mod FIRST.

A Request having a Darth Bandon at Manaan appear due to I was looking in the module where he should appear, he wasn't there. It would be nice to have high quality custom equipment from his encounters 

On 8/3/2020 at 12:41 AM, DeathScepter said:

Tamerbill and UnknownJedi's Kotor 1 Feat and Content Mod, Kotor 1 Force Power Pack 2.0 and Force Retribution works well with your mod if you install them after you install DIalogue from your mod FIRST.

That is good to hear.

On 8/3/2020 at 12:41 AM, DeathScepter said:

A Request having a Darth Bandon at Manaan appear due to I was looking in the module where he should appear, he wasn't there. It would be nice to have high quality custom equipment from his encounters 

While HQ Quality Equipment for Bandon aren't on the list right now I assure you that Darth Bandon and his buddies will get a very good HQ NPC Overhaul.

You said he didn't spawn in the module, right? Can you tell me what module this was? Because I did a test playthrough on Manaan and he did spawn in.

• Like 1

I have a suggestion for Jedi Academy on Dantioone and Sith Academy on Korriban.   the suggestions that has a Specialization Trainers for force using specialization of your choice.

Remember how you did the hide for Carth for Republic Veteran Feat, Same principle for the Force Using Specialization

7 hours ago, DeathScepter said:

I have a suggestion for Jedi Academy on Dantioone and Sith Academy on Korriban.   the suggestions that has a Specialization Trainers for force using specialization of your choice.

Remember how you did the hide for Carth for Republic Veteran Feat, Same principle for the Force Using Specialization

You're going to need to be more specific with your request, I am unaware of what you mean by 'Specialization for the Force'.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

You're going to need to be more specific with your request, I am unaware of what you mean by 'Specialization for the Force'.

This can be used for Jedi Specific class or can be used by any Jedi Class that the player can use.

This is your mod first and foremost but these are examples of possible Force Using Specialization.  I can see hides possiblity being used here

Drew, please use your discretion in developing your Force using Specialization. As long as they are fun and have a function, you can name whatever you want. Fluff Flying Bunny can work as long as it has a function and it is fun.

Kotor Campaign Guide Jedi Specialization:

Jedi Specializations should be learned on Dantioone thru unique side quests

Jedi BattleMaster, an Elite JedI Guardian that fills a few roles like Team buffer(Energy Resistance and Force Valor and Force Heal), so make a hide that strikes between DPS, Off-Tank and Force Regeneration or whatever makes sense for you if you have a Jedi BattleMaster style specialization. Instructor Jedi Battle Master: Zhar.  Combat Jedi BattleMaster: Kavar. 

Drawing inspiration from them for Jedi BattleMaster style Specialization would be a good idea

Jedi Shadow, an Elite Jedi Sentinel that has two specialization 1) Stealthy Jedi build or 2) Hunting Dark Siders.   If you goes a Jedi Shadow type specialization, you can combine the 2 roles into a Specialization or have more focused specialization with a dedicated hide per specialization. Bastila can potentially fill the Jedi Shadow role of Hunting Dark Siders role.  Juhani is more of the stealth oriented Jedi Shadow(I am aware she is a jedi guardian but she has Force Stealth ability and Force Stealth is used by Jedi Shadows and Sith Assassins)

Jedi Watchman, an Elite Jedi Consular that is strikes a balance of a team buffer and a stealthy Jedi. Lore wise: Jedi Watchman works with Local Government to bring peace to that said world.  Jolee can be consider to a Grey Jedi Watchman. Jedi Master from Nar Shadda is another Grey Jedi Watchman type. 

Jedi Sage, Matukai Adept, Jedi Seeker, Zeison Sha and Jal Shey are potential Jedi Specialization

Sith Specializations:

Sith Specializations should be learned on Korribian with an unique side quests

Sith Assassin: Evil Counterpart to the Jedi Shadow. Sith Bladeborn are Sith Assassin that focus their training with Sith Tremor Sword and other Sith Warblades

Sith Mage: Also named Sith Sorcerer, They focus on the esoteric side of the dark side.

Shadow Hand: Sith personally training under a Sith Lord.  Yuthura is a Shadow hand under Uthar, Darth Bandon is a Shadow Hand under Darth Malak, Dark Bastila is a Shadow hand under Malak and if Dark side ending, She is a Shadow Hand under Revan.

Sith Marauder is more aggressive form of the Sith Warrior and Sith Juggernaut is tankier Sith Warrior

Hello, @N-DReW25!

I have downloaded this modification of yours and browsed through some of the files and I have a curiosity: what NPC(s) are you using the Sullustan model for? Pretty cool to have Sullustan too in KotOR.

I also like the PMBI31/PFBI31 texture. :cheers:

18 hours ago, Salk said:

Hello, @N-DReW25!

I have downloaded this modification of yours and browsed through some of the files and I have a curiosity: what NPC(s) are you using the Sullustan model for? Pretty cool to have Sullustan too in KotOR.

I also like the PMBI31/PFBI31 texture. :cheers:

My memory on that is a bit stiff, but I do recall putting Sullustan's on Manaan (With English VO, replaces a Republic Soldier), in the Hidden Bek Base (A Sullustan is 100% inside the Control Room) and possibly inside the Lower City Cantina (As I replaced most of the commoner NPCs with aliens).

Thank you for the compliments, I'm sure it has more to love... though do keep in mind that this mod may still have some "minor" bugs but 98% of the time the mod should still be fun and enjoyable. If you run into a bug, have a complaint or have general feedback feel free to hit me up in the PMs or leave it on the mod's comment section on the file page and I'll be happy to assist!

• Like 1

Why was this mod removed? It was one of my favorites. Some of the changes are truly ingenious and gave the game a breath of fresh air. I was looking forward to future updates and compatibility with K1R. Unfortunately, I accidentally deleted the mod's override folder and was hoping I could redownload it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Darth Imperitus said:

Why was this mod removed? It was one of my favorites. Some of the changes are truly ingenious and gave the game a breath of fresh air. I was looking forward to future updates and compatibility with K1R. Unfortunately, I accidentally deleted the mod's override folder and was hoping I could redownload it.

Either it's cancelled, or they removed to make way for a more polished version.
It wasn't perfect, (hell it was damn-near unplayable in some areas) but it'd still be a major shame if it was cancelled, as there are still a lot of things I liked about it 😕

• Light Side Points 1

@Darth Imperitus

8 minutes ago, Arson Hole said:

Either it's cancelled, or they removed to make way for a more polished version.
It wasn't perfect, (hell it was damn-near unplayable in some areas) but it'd still be a major shame if it was cancelled, as there are still a lot of things I liked about it 😕

What Arson has stated right here is exactly why it was taken down!

In my quest for K1R compatibility I decided it was best to make the mod compatible with the K1 Community Patch instead as many, many players requested I add the bug fixes from that mod.

However, K1R and K1CP all had the same problem... it was far easier to start again and build the mod from the ground up with my improved 2022 modding knowledge to present a far better mod experience.

And here's the best part... it's not cancelled!

The K1GI mod will live on in the form of various smaller mods which can work with or without each other and will be compatible with the K1CP mod (And probably K1R as well).

I am on the verge of publishing a Czerka NPC Overhaul which will add K1GI's Czerka content + new Czerka content into a standalone mod which is again compatible with K1CP and most other popular mods.

I can also confirm that similar "NPC Overhaul" mods with different themes are also in the making! :thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Light Side Points 1

@N-DReW25

What I enjoyed about the mod were the dialogue changes, script changes, new animations, and the changes you made to different areas like Kebla Yurt's shop and the Upper City Cantina; the way you rearranged Kebla Yurt's shop makes much more sense than the way it was laid out originally. I liked how you had the ability to change the cantina music using the console in the music room and how the player character eavesdrops on the two dueling fans discussing their favorite duelists after the match. Small elements like that add more interaction to the game.

I liked how you rearranged the dialogue and made it possible to get through all the different dialogue options when talking to an NPC without having to cycle back through the same dialogue or having to exit out of a conversation and click back on a character when you want to ask a different question. It makes it less tedious. I also liked how more vocal your companions are when they interjected during a conversation; they spoke different lines of dialogue that I hadn't heard before, probably because they're dependent on the sex of your character or party composition.  Did Sarna use an alternate voice over? Her voice sounded a bit different. It made her seem more genuine.

The new animations made the characters seem way more expressive. The only issues were that if they were wielding lightsabers or melee weapons they tended to stab themselves in the face while doing the pleading animation and sometimes the neck twitch animation played too much during conversations.

The new music was great and added a lot to the ambience of the game. Honestly, I'd grown bored of the game's music so it was refreshing to hear something different.

One of the best parts about the mod was the encounter with Bastila on the Rakatan Temple. The fight plays out more dramatically with Jolee and Juhani disabled. The way you reworked the dialogue was excellent. It made the scene more dramatic. I liked how there's a pause in the fighting, an exchange of words, and then the fight continues with your two companions. It felt like an real showdown. It reminded me of one of the duels from Episode I or III.

One of the few things I didn't care for were some of the Jedi robes. They were a bit too low res for my liking and were incompatible with the Cloaked Jedi Robe mod. 

All in all, this was an excellent mod and it's a shame that it's been shelved at least in its current incarnation. I didn't encounter any game breaking bugs while I was testing it out waiting for compatibility with K1R. The new NPCs, module edits, dialogue changes, and different alterations breathed new life into an old game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/15/2022 at 9:12 AM, Darth Imperitus said:

@N-DReW25

What I enjoyed about the mod were the dialogue changes, script changes, new animations

Stuff like that, especially the new animations, will be its own mod. However, the dialogues which get modified will be done so after much consideration due to the need of compatibility with other mods.

You probably aren't going to see party member dialogue get animations and then released as a mod friendly 100% compatible mod... but I'm fairly certain 75% of other dialogues can be given fresh animations!

and the changes you made to different areas like Kebla Yurt's shop and the Upper City Cantina; the way you rearranged Kebla Yurt's shop makes much more sense than the way it was laid out originally.

Kebla Yurt's shop can be made into a mod without much worry.

I liked how you had the ability to change the cantina music using the console in the music room

This can also be made into a mod, however, the music from ROR will not be present. As a ROR writer, I can confirm that the music in the original ROR Demo (made in 2010-2011) may be replaced with modern music at some point (This is merely an opinion held by most of the ROR Team and there are no concrete plans to change the music as of now, but I do personally think changing the music is on the to-do list for the far future).

and how the player character eavesdrops on the two dueling fans discussing their favorite duelists after the match. Small elements like that add more interaction to the game.

That is something I'm surprised people actually liked, whilst I could make this into its own standalone mod I'd like for it to be compatible with the Taris Dueling Arena Adjustment mod so this one might be done later.

I liked how you rearranged the dialogue and made it possible to get through all the different dialogue options when talking to an NPC without having to cycle back through the same dialogue or having to exit out of a conversation and click back on a character when you want to ask a different question. It makes it less tedious.

I think I recall doing something like this! I remember one of these was the Republic Officer recruiting mercs on Manaan, if I can find these fixes justifiable I might even add it to my Unofficial K1CP Tweak Pack mod!

I also liked how more vocal your companions are when they interjected during a conversation; they spoke different lines of dialogue that I hadn't heard before, probably because they're dependent on the sex of your character or party composition.

I recall adding Carth randomly interjecting in more dialogues on Taris, I could make something akin to this in the future though my primary concern with a mod like this would be compatibility with other mods.

I also recall modifying Carth's romance dialogues so that the players can hear very specific romance dialogue lines if the player was male,  these lines I added were rather neutral and didn't reference gender or romance so it did spice up the cutscenes.

Did Sarna use an alternate voice over? Her voice sounded a bit different. It made her seem more genuine.

Sarna's dialogue was actually recorded twice, I simply swapped out the audio recordings in vanilla for the audio recording which was left out of the game. I do remember I actually restored the bribing Sarna and Yun Genda for Sith Uniforms regardless of gender. This here can be restored in a restored content mod which is also in development!

The new music was great and added a lot to the ambience of the game. Honestly, I'd grown bored of the game's music so it was refreshing to hear something different.

This is also a very possible mod for me to make, though the problem for me would be deciding where each music track would play.

One of the best parts about the mod was the encounter with Bastila on the Rakatan Temple. The fight plays out more dramatically with Jolee and Juhani disabled. The way you reworked the dialogue was excellent. It made the scene more dramatic. I liked how there's a pause in the fighting, an exchange of words, and then the fight continues with your two companions. It felt like an real showdown. It reminded me of one of the duels from Episode I or III.

I believe that was lifted and heavily modified from the K1 Enhancement Pack, as always I can probably turn this into a standalone mod but I'll have to look into it to see what I'd need to do to make it compatible with other mods which alter the same scene.

One of the few things I didn't care for were some of the Jedi robes. They were a bit too low res for my liking and were incompatible with the Cloaked Jedi Robe mod. 

As much as I am sad to admit this, the K1GI Jedi Robes were partially a disaster.

The idea was that K1 Jedi Robes remained in-tact whilst K2 Jedi Robes replaced the Star Forge robes. I ended up removing much of the vanilla robe drops due to it being kinda weird to find Jedi Master Robes in a Krayt Dragon cave or in Master Uthar's personal footlocker, but since I didn't add these robes in other locations in the end the only K2 robe the player could've worn was Jolee's robes.

I might see if there's a way to recreate the K2 Jedi Robes replacing Star Forge robes using the Cloaked Jedi Robe mod but don't keep your hopes up for this one.

Just keep in mind, the "low res" Jedi Robes were actually the default 512 x 512 resolution of the base vanilla game... but if you play with HD Ai upscale mods then yes they would be "low res" in comparison to those mods.

16 hours ago, DeathScepter said:

i always enjoyed this mod, N-Drew, great deal and I will wait for a future version of this mod.

The mods in development probably won't outright say "K1 Gameplay Improvement" on the title, but you can probably notice right away that a mod of mine is a successor to the K1GI (even if its entirely new content you've ever seen before). If the mod modifies multiple and/or adds new appearances then you can count that it is a K1GI successor mod.

• Like 2